Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Everyone is capable formula one driver. That’s why they r in F1.
    Tell me one thing, have u ever seen Lewis accepting his own mistakes if he does any. He will throw on to the car or team.
    Vettel if it’s his mistake, he accepts it n move on. Even if it’s team, he doesn’t let it out just move on.
    Vettel & kimi do a lot of testing & give a lot of feedback in Maranello. But Lewis is opposite, it’s the team that is giving him right tools & he’s delivering it. Also with a great wingman.
    Obviously whatever the team does for Lewis works for both him and the team WDC , WCC wise.Poles , wins and so on or else I think they would ask Lewis, what's up! Shumy didn't have it so bad with, pit crew, Todt, Ross, and Rubens either. And the results were great both for WDC 7WCC.

Lewis pole in a circuit which 'favors' Ferrari and Red Bull is no surprise, at least in my opinion.

I've said it many times before that Mercedes is king in terms of in-season development and they usually finish the season strong after the break. When Ham preached to the media that Ferrari has had the upper hand for sometime now in Spa, I knew something was up and didn't buy it one bit. He just wanted to feed his ego, that he wins without having the fastest car on the grid. So I was expecting they have something up their sleeves and that perhaps they have resolved their engine disparity and aero deficiemcy in slow corners, tire blistering problems and have clawed back to match Ferrari's slight edge.

Now, the team has got to put their heads back in the game and find solutioms to our weaknesses as well. It's not over yet, even if Lewis wins later, we still have fightimg chance. Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Lewis pole in a circuit which 'favors' Ferrari and Red Bull is no surprise, at least in my opinion.

I've said it many times before that Mercedes is king in terms of in-season development and they usually finish the season strong after the break. When Ham preached to the media that Ferrari has had the upper hand for sometime now in Spa, I knew something was up and didn't buy it one bit. He just wanted to feed his ego, that he wins without having the fastest car on the grid. So I was expecting they have something up their sleeves and that perhaps they have resolved their engine disparity and aero deficiemcy in slow corners, tire blistering problems and have clawed back to match Ferrari's slight edge.

Now, the team has got to put their heads back in the game and find solutioms to our weaknesses as well. It's not over yet, even if Lewis wins later, we still have fightimg chance. Forza Ferrari!
    hit the nail on the head
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

He replied: “I want to be clear – once, forever. Who is so crazy to give a team order to a driver at the start of the race?”

He added: “We do everything with the maximum professional effort.

“Before the race we look at the video of the start [of previous races at that circuit]. Our team manager gives instructions to the drivers about the best line to follow.

“The only instruction you can give to the drivers for the first corner is, ‘Guys, I would like to have both of the cars OK.’

“All the rest is nonsense and I’ll explain the reason to you. Kimi, in the case of Monza, was in pole position. Sebastian was eight metres from him. How do you think Kimi can look where Sebastian is?

“So in your opinion the order is, ‘Kimi, please, slow down when you start and don’t worry if Hamilton and all the others are overtaking you.’ What are we discussing?

“Don’t expect me to give team orders to the drivers at the start of the race, looking forward to the first corner. It’s too dangerous and it’s crazy.”

Well Maurizio, half of this forum is that crazy.

Tell me one thing, have u ever seen Lewis accepting his own mistakes if he does any. He will throw on to the car or team.
    Vettel if it’s his mistake, he accepts it n move on. Even if it’s team, he doesn’t let it out just move on.
    Vettel & kimi do a lot of testing & give a lot of feedback in Maranello. But Lewis is opposite, it’s the team that is giving him right tools & he’s delivering it. Also with a great wingman.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Ofcourse, depending on the start, perhaps it is the best choice to go for a 2 stopper straight away and beeing very agressive?
    We were struggling more on hypers than RBR and Merc, so on the same strategy we have a disadvantage.. A SC could hand us the benefit..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Ofcourse, depending on the start, perhaps it is the best choice to go for a 2 stopper straight away and beeing very agressive?
    We were struggling more on hypers than RBR and Merc, so on the same strategy we have a disadvantage.. A SC could hand us the benefit..
    RB has extra set of US. Which is good for them. If it’s a free pit stop then it more benefit for them.

RB has extra set of US. Which is good for them. If it’s a free pit stop then it more benefit for them.
    rather rb win than the rat, im hoping dnf for ham but as we've seen every race weekend lol it ends up being seb or kimi or both colliding or one blocking the other etc. atleast the best wingman is behind seb, he needs to stay there, you can bet he will do everything for his team and hamilton including take out seb like we've seen in hungary

Great to read all of these strategies but it's all irrelevant if there's a safety car after the start and all the best laid plans go out of the window. We are on the back foot and all I hope for is a clean start/first lap with no heroics from Seb unless he has a real chance to lead into T1. The rest of the race will be a nail-biter provided our two cars are still running and undamaged. Slightly pessimistic, I suppose, but reality has its place and I would give anything to be pleasantly surprised. Forza ragazzi!

I don't mean free pit stop.
    The normal strategy will be probably be try to extend the first HS stint as long as possible then go to S till the end.
    What if we do a more agressive 2 stop strategy. Short stint on HS, perhpas then switching to US to get pace and then seeing what is possible..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Tires are tricky here, I don't think you can do a HS-US 1 stopper. Mercedes are probably going to try a HS-S. We only brought 1 set of soft tires, for which we have no data from FP. Ferrari might go for a HS-US-HS/US strategy, looking forward to a safety car along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Tires are tricky here, I don't think you can do a HS-US 1 stopper. Mercedes are probably going to try a HS-S. We only brought 1 set of soft tires, for which we have no data from FP. Ferrari might go for a HS-US-HS/US strategy, looking forward to a safety car along the way.
    Ferrari have 1set of US & S. no HS. They went totally wrong in q2 with US. So they r left with HS-US or HS-US-S
    RB can go for 2stops, HS-US-US
    Mercs same as ferrari.

+1

Alot of issues here summed up very concisely when comparing the two top teams and their drivers. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1

Alot of issues here summed up very concisely when comparing the two top teams and their drivers. Well said.
    Also I feel current ferrari technical staff/team is very good in development terms.
    But as a team, they r in experienced doing that small mistakes last year. This year it’s mixed with driver & team.
    In one word I can define it as mercs being ruthless, where as ferrari being conservative.

FerrariSteve Guest
    I'm fully expecting goldenboy to win again today but I'll be hoping and have my fingers and toes crossed that Seb can somehow get the win.
    (tbh I don't know why I bother watching these days as it puts me in a foul temper for the rest of the day when Lucky McLucky wins yet again.. little Toad )

Please Max, take him out.. although that Merc is kind of bulletproof and keeps going after taking a hit.
    SURELY his run of utter luck has to end soon.. DNF please!

Also I feel current ferrari technical staff/team is very good in development terms.
    But as a team, they r in experienced doing that small mistakes last year. This year it’s mixed with driver & team.
    In one word I can define it as mercs being ruthless, where as ferrari being conservative.
    seemed to go really downhill as soon as Sergio M was reported ill and in hospital, team went really poor on track and in aero development, binotto and his engine has been the main thing carrying the team the entire year imo (again)

ferrari had some great innovative ideas up till silverstone, once they managed the merc tyres , they were really doing amazing in development especially with the floor at silverstone, but then they went into an early break or something and still there, all the other teams copied and innovated, instead of being a step ahead, ferrari allowed the others to catch up and overtake with everything besides the engine

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Another operational disaster when Seb was saying that they had the pace for pole. Not sure about Kimi but Seb could've done it as no one else can put a better lap than him in Singapore. Now there is no chance for win. Hamilton will pull away, Verstappen will hold off Vettel for the entire race. Pathetic.

Now the only hope is 2019. 2018 is done and dusted.
    How was yesterday an operational disaster? Pls tell us

I think a lot is being read into this Hamilton getting the pole here.
    The most likely explanation is that we didn't get the best out of our package and Hamilton did a stunning lap.
    Just look at the gap between Lewis and Bottas.
    1 thing we can't get away from is that our team has crumbled under the pressure time and time again including our drivers.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I'm fully expecting goldenboy to win again today but I'll be hoping and have my fingers and toes crossed that Seb can somehow get the win.
    (tbh I don't know why I bother watching these days as it puts me in a foul temper for the rest of the day when Lucky McLucky wins yet again.. little Toad )

Please Max, take him out.. although that Merc is kind of bulletproof and keeps going after taking a hit.
    SURELY his run of utter luck has to end soon.. DNF please!
    I am too timid to make suggestions for what to do with HAM, but I am most definitely in total agreement!!

Hamilton to take a dominant victory, I repeat Hamilton to take a dominant victory!

Only chance I see today is perfectly timing pit stop when VSC or SC . So, I am expecting nothing today.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Hamilton to take a dominant victory, I repeat Hamilton to take a dominant victory!
    The Merc forum is that way ----->

That won't work, Hamilton is actually going to take a dominant victory.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That won't work, Hamilton is actually going to take a dominant victory.
    Agree total domination incoming, he will obliterate the field. GOAT.

Yes he will, but not today.

Agree total domination incoming, he will obliterate the field. GOAT.
    even if max turns into his car on turn 1 and busts his tyre, he will finish the first stint on those tyres remaining in 1st place and 24secs ahead

The point is,even if he doesn't win he will finish easy in top 3 which would be a good thing for him regarding the championship.. let's just hope for some damage limitation.
    If we still wan'tto have a shot at the title we need to stop making all these costly errors, drivers and team

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Great to read all of these strategies but it's all irrelevant if there's a safety car after the start and all the best laid plans go out of the window. We are on the back foot and all I hope for is a clean start/first lap with no heroics from Seb unless he has a real chance to lead into T1. The rest of the race will be a nail-biter provided our two cars are still running and undamaged. Slightly pessimistic, I suppose, but reality has its place and I would give anything to be pleasantly surprised. Forza ragazzi!
    My thoughts exactly. I always really look forward to Sunday lunchtime on a Grand Prix day but, as the season progresses, it is with diminishing expectations of my team winning.. That said, we are due some luck - and a stellar 'drive of his career' by Seb!

Fingers crossed and #ForzaFerrari!
    Trying to be less angry..