Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Grid penalty like lewis had a spa last year
    is it 5/10/? places?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    is it 5/10/? places?
    10 place grid penalty for each part that's used a 5th time

10 place grid penalty for each part that's used a 5th time
    Penalties will also go over more than 1 race, so there is no more 75 place drops like Lewis did, so we could be looking at 2 or 3 races with a 10 place drop.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Penalties will also go over more than 1 race, so there is no more 75 place drops like Lewis did, so we could be looking at 2 or 3 races with a 10 place drop.
    RIP Mclaren Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    That is extremely painful :'( 3rd race in and we're one part down, could they use the old engines & parts for future practice sessions?

did those new upgrades do much? commentary didn't say much about the performance or anything good or bad

As of by comparing Friday practice lap times.
    1. Seb seems to be unhappy with car balance
    2. Ham have edge of vettel
    3. Kimi trying his best to be competitive.
    4. Surprisingly RB cars are too close, I hope it's not true come quali when mercs & Ferrari turn up their engines.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    4. Surprisingly RB cars are too close, I hope it's not true come quali when mercs & Ferrari turn up their engines.
    1. True, annoyed swearing Seb is back sadly.
    2. Again clear to tell when Ham had any sectors in without traffic, he was like 0.3~ faster than both Bot and Vet.
    3. I really hope he is back to form like end of last year.
    4. Lol i hope Merc & RB feel the disaster of a day we had today soon.

https://www.autosport.com/news/repor...r-fp2-incident
    This guy doesn't shut his mouth. If he has set of rules to run then he better become FIA president rather than team principal for RB.

This guy doesn't shut his mouth. If he has set of rules to run then he better become FIA president rather than team principal for RB.
    If it hurts Merc :P maybe just look the other way with this one only.

Im puzzled how RB caught up as well without the hassles and issues Vet had with steering in first sector

If they keep falling off then Merc should be made to remove them.
    Forza Ferrari

Have we forgotten how Ferrari behaved in On Friday in Australia - Not competitive, the true speed of Ferrari will come alive tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Have we forgotten how Ferrari behaved in On Friday in Australia - Not competitive, the true speed of Ferrari will come alive tomorrow
    That's what I'm expecting.

I hope what I am about to say here is wrong, I hope it is not true. (This is just what I am thinking, no conspiracies)
    Does any of you feel Mercedes is just playing with us and the F1 world?
    They have such a big gain with the engine, they can just put on a show?
    That day, when Toto hit the table, to me it looked it like he was just acting for the camera.
    They just go just fast enough to look like they are just faster, but if they really push, they are so fast?
    We are just trying to close the gap, but every time we get close, they just pull something out of the bag.
    Anyone feel that way? I dont know, part of me feel that they are just playing.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I hope what I am about to say here is wrong, I hope it is not true. (This is just what I am thinking, no conspiracies)
    That day, when Toto hit the table, to me it looked it like he was just acting for the camera.
    They just go just fast enough to look like they are just faster, but if they really push, they are so fast?
    We are just trying to close the gap, but every time we get close, they just pull something out of the bag.
    If that's the case, in 1st race even though vet leading after the pit stop. Ham would have closed the gap or he would have overtaken him.
    Ferrari are genuine threat to mercs

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    HAM's T-wing fell off?
    Second time now, it's like merc are trying to get them banned by prit sticking there second driver's T wing on every so often. Why can't they just ban Mercedes from using it seen as no one else's t wing is falling off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, not the Friday we wanted? On the other hand it is better that all bad happen on Friday and not on Saturday or God forbid Sunday!

I think after Australia Mercs panic'd but have found the magic button that gave them a boost and are now no doubt faster than Ferrari

If you lose gp Australia against Ferrari than they are not playing, what worrying me is reliability of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    If you lose gp Australia against Ferrari than they are not playing, what worrying me is reliability of Ferrari.
    My concern not fear is that Ferrari are making to many changes on a car that is working fine; it seems they are over doing it; like saying their drivers should not talk to the press during FP1, Ferrari forgot it is the fans that the media would be broadcasting to. without the FANS there is no F1 show.

"Practice 2 was really really interesting.
    I wonder how much will cost Vettel for not running race sim with SS (if it'll cost him any).
    But I watched his laptimes on S, he seemed to have some pace albeit he was more up and down than stable laptimes*. That could be the brake cooling he needed and was talking all the time during both Practices.Will that be a problem on Sunday?

Now I didn't get a clear picture about Hamilton's pace on SS, he showed the same inconsistency as Vettel on Soft so I won't take my chances on that. Rai was enormously strong and seems that he is on average 2 tenths in front of Bottas.

Now about Red Bull, I compared Ricciardo and Hamilton and I observed some rather dissatisfying patterns. Ricciardo was something more than one second, on average, down to Hamilton.That is where we should concentrate, more than the results.

It's clear that Mercedes is faster in S1, Ferrari faster in S2 and S3 is neutral."

Unless the Engineers from Merc are from some advanced planet in another solar system, this isn't possible. Merc started away ahead of everyone else but now it costs them millions to gain very little as they are on the sharp end of the development curve. There is no way they are playing, they are probably burning out having worked their fingers to the bone and are just out of energy and know that Ferrari and others are catching up.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

I am not going to conclude if Ferrari is not faster in sector 1, my gut feeling is Ferrari are refusing to show their hands on Friday practice anymore, Ferrari just need to sort out their brakes over heating

I am not going to conclude if Ferrari is not faster in sector 1, my gut feeling is Ferrari are refusing to show their hands on Friday practice anymore, Ferrari just need to sort out their brakes over heating
    Yes, some realibility issues have risen, but the pace is encouraging. Another weekend we hope to take it to the mercs, and beat them. Something that last few years seemed just overlyoptimistic, is now a reality. Feeling confident, especially for the race

Don't think the new cooling system worked aswell as planned

Don't think the new cooling system worked aswell as planned
    It seems so, i guess this would be looked into over night.

Ferrari hopes Raikkonen's engine can be salvaged

Electrical problem halts Vettel

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...lvaged-893902/

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Unless the Engineers from Merc are from some advanced planet in another solar system, this isn't possible. Merc started away ahead of everyone else but now it costs them millions to gain very little as they are on the sharp end of the development curve. There is no way they are playing, they are probably burning out having worked their fingers to the bone and are just out of energy and know that Ferrari and others are catching up.
    Yes, the theory of diminishing marginal utility returns. I'm looking ahead 3 mouth watering world championships.