Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425

Thread: Grand Prix du Canada 2017 Race

So merc fixed a problem with the data correlation from the testbench to the circuit in two weeks while we couldn't do this in many many many years...

Should this be upsetting alarming or just merc talk?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    This doesn't even make sense. I tried looking at it from many different views and always came to the same conclusions.... 1. You've finally lost it.. 2. Bevvies were involved in the writing of this.
    I got 10 bucks on 2.
    Do you know a good pharmacist ? Felipe's terrible race caused me to really feel bad, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    So merc fixed a problem with the data correlation from the testbench to the circuit in two weeks while we couldn't do this in many many many years...

yes to both....upsetting and alarming....and we need to the Mercs to keep us from resting on our laurels.

Kimi in FP3....LOL....I don't think he knows what day it is???

2017 Canadian Grand Prix: Best of Team Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2qeJaGzd58

Max caught the front 3 sleeping????

2017 Canadian Grand Prix | Best Onboard Action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-ECT4k9FQ

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post

i hope Ferrari doesn't lose the development race after such an incredible start, being complacent and having to overpush ontrack would really put pressure on the drivers

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hope Ferrari doesn't lose the development race after such an incredible start, being complacent and having to overpush ontrack would really put pressure on the drivers
    The mechanics and engineers are friends of mine. Since Sunday they have been silent, heads down working.. I normally talk with them a few times a week, this week no talking, only working.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    The mechanics and engineers are friends of mine. Since Sunday they have been silent, heads down working.. I normally talk with them a few times a week, this week no talking, only working.

This doesn't even make sense. I tried looking at it from many different views and always came to the same conclusions.... 1. You've finally lost it.. 2. Bevvies were involved in the writing of this.
    I got 10 bucks on 2.
    He already lost it long, long time ago. Or maybe he never had it in the first place.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Do you know a good pharmacist ? Felipe's terrible race caused me to really feel bad, big time.
    here you go... 1 DRF EEL GOOD
    Remember..take the red ones first.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I think Ferrari are doing great with developments. Bringing something new every race rather than 1 massive update like Merc and still as quick or better. Just need our PU to push a few more horses and I think we'll be good.

I think Ferrari are doing great with developments. Bringing something new every race rather than 1 massive update like Merc and still as quick or better. Just need our PU to push a few more horses and I think we'll be good.
    speaking of a FEW more horses....whatever happened to the genius fuel injection system Ferrari talked about at the beginnign of the season....i thought it was in the works and will be brought later in the year.....well it's almost near half the season and have NOT heard anything anymore.....or was it JUST a wild rumour again????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ya not sure. Apparently it was rumored to be worth a significant gain... a double jet injector or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    speaking of a FEW more horses....whatever happened to the genius fuel injection system Ferrari talked about at the beginnign of the season....i thought it was in the works and will be brought later in the year.....well it's almost near half the season and have NOT heard anything anymore.....or was it JUST a wild rumour again????
    When that article broke out (March 6) it stated that the "DI system could be introduced later on in 2017."

Awesome!! thanks for sharing :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

When you talk to them next, tell them I said they're doing a great job and that I'm giving them raises.

Disappointed Since 2010

here you go... 1 DRF EEL GOOD
    Remember..take the red ones first.
    #2 it is! Don't forget to collect your $$,
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Ferrari never said anything about the double anchor injector. Just the media, so might be a load of bunkum. Hopefully false. We don't need intricate design ideas leaking from the engine department.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Horner: New fuel can push engine on

Christian Horner is confident that Red Bull will still feel engine gains through 2017, despite supplier Renault's admission that no major update will come until next year.

Red Bull boss Horner stated at the Canadian Grand Prix that Renault was on track to introduce a performance upgrade in Azerbaijan, only for Renault to deny such plans.

According to Cyril Abiteboul, Renault Sport's Managing Director, the manufacturer's next sizeable update will not arrive until 2018, when it will run a "completely new concept".

However, Horner noted a "great job" from new fuel partner ExxonMobil, which replaced Total over the winter, and expects it to unlock performance from Renault's power unit.

"Well, this is Renault's decision," Horner reacted, in an interview with the official F1 website.

"We take whatever we can, when we can – for sure we'd rather sooner than later!

"We knew that Montréal would be tricky and so will be the next two races, Azerbaijan and Austria; we will probably introduce our next engine [from the season's pool] in Austria.

"Hopefully that will be a bit of a boost as our fuel supplier, ExxonMobil, did a great job finding performance – in this area there is quite a bit of potential."

Asked if it came as a shock that Renault did not make it clearer that there would be no major update this season, Horner replied: "Nothing surprises me these days.

"You deal with the hand that you've got and we will keep on pushing the best we can.

"As I just said, we are very confident ExxonMobil will help in performance from that side, and the last three races have been promising, so let's see what Baku holds."

Red Bull sits third in the 2017 standings, over 100 points off leader Mercedes.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/354559/

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    #2 it is! Don't forget to collect your $$,
    Ok ! It hit 100 F degrees here in the Bronx! A few straigt up followed by a few cold Guinness' before I came here on line. Hey Abbott! Don't complain when it snows!

Sounds like a good idea. I'll pop a couple of drafts in your honour. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ok ! It hit 100 F degrees here in the Bronx! A few straigt up followed by a few cold Guinness' before I came here on line. Hey Abbott! Don't complain when it snows!
    Come hang out in Westchester. It's only 82 here.

Disappointed Since 2010

[QUOTE=Giallo 550;942533]Come hang out in Westchester. It's only 82 here.[/QU

Thanks for the invite! Wow I better chill, at first I thought you wrote you, are only 82!

Sounds like a good idea. I'll pop a couple of drafts in your honour. Cheers.
    Cheers!! To the good life! The best to you!

Tech F1i - Canadian GP Analysis (very technical analysis of various team upgrades...12 pages and pics)

http://en.f1i.com/magazine/270777-te...-montreal.html

Sorry to post in 2 threads, just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are...

Was Azerbaijan cold last year? That could suit Ferrari. I am concerned after Canada - but I think Canada was a culmination of many things that led to that result. I think without Max, worst case scenario would have been P2 And we would have looked stronger and felt more confident. I think the situation has not changed much since Monaco, it's just Mercedes was back on form.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Sorry to post in 2 threads, just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are...

Was Azerbaijan cold last year? That could suit Ferrari. I am concerned after Canada - but I think Canada was a culmination of many things that led to that result. I think without Max, worst case scenario would have been P2 And we would have looked stronger and felt more confident. I think the situation has not changed much since Monaco, it's just Mercedes was back on form.
    I think you're correct that Canada was a culmination of many things, and that fundamentally we've still very close to Mercedes. But when you're close little things can make a big difference. Merc still seem to have their trick qualifying mode, which means they usually start at the front.

Race temperature last year in Azerbaijan was 30–33 °C (86–91 °F).

So if Merc are still using their trick qualifying mode pole is impossible in Baku when you have long straights which according to some it doesn't suit Ferrari at all compared to Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So if Merc are still using their trick qualifying mode pole is impossible in Baku when you have long straights which according to some it doesn't suit Ferrari at all compared to Merc.
    Russia showed that this view isn't necessarily correct. Long straights will favour Mercedes, yes, but the many many 90 degree corners should suit Ferrari. We've also developed our medium downforce setup since Russia so things could be even better. Seb had the fastest top speed in the race in Canada of 344kmph. Yes, this was with a double slip stream, but it's not as if we've got a Honda engine. We're very close in that department.