Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262738 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes only to be canonized by this guy:

Attachment 6878
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

What is going on with Sebastian Vettel? Well, some have been asking the same thing about James Allison over the last year as well. It was like "he's the problem inside Ferrari" at one point. Same with Vettel. It appears Allison has now joined Mercedes as Technical Director. Let's see if Vettel will join Mercedes as well... Ferrari Chief Aerodynamicist is also gone to Williams.

besides of a few great ideas over last two years Allison and debeer pretty much sucked so dont worrie.we have the right guy in Mr r byrn as for vet he's private like micheal quite quiet until the complete car fires up

I remember that.....Bernie and I guess the rest of teams were'nt buying it. Pirelli has been " satisfactory" with the demands of the constant change in F1 even though they have had their issues. They are willing to deal with the "headaches" of F1. That says alot about an organization. This year will be telling from a tyre perspective as cars are looking at dropping 3 to 5sec. off quali., several GP venues have been resurfaced, and downforce as well. So tyre stategy will be important as it has always been but now how long will the ultra, super, softs, intermediates last.
    There won't be much tyre strategy this coming season! Pirelli have said the tyres will be very very durable and most races will be one stop strategy leading to processional races. I hope we don't go back to pre 2010 type racing. That was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    There won't be much tyre strategy this coming season! Pirelli have said the tyres will be very very durable and most races will be one stop strategy leading to processional races. I hope we don't go back to pre 2010 type racing. That was atrocious.
    aaahhhh yes, those Bridgestone years.......horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    besides of a few great ideas over last two years Allison and debeer pretty much sucked so dont worrie.we have the right guy in Mr r byrn as for vet he's private like micheal quite quiet until the complete car fires up
    Hmm let's wait and see. For some reason people going from Ferrari to Mercedes seem to succeed especially well... And they were recruited by Ferrari because of how good they were in the first place... In the meantime, Ferrari are asking for clarification of the rules or making complaints because they just cannot figure out how others make this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Hmm let's wait and see. For some reason people going from Ferrari to Mercedes seem to succeed especially well... And they were recruited by Ferrari because of how good they were in the first place... In the meantime, Ferrari are asking for clarification of the rules or making complaints because they just cannot figure out how others make this or that.
    Of course. Just like teams asked for clarification in regards to Ferrari's fuel boost idea. Happens all the time.

I guess you're talking about Aldo Costa. Remember why he was sacked? Remember the appalling F60, the car that looked like a GP2 car compared to the Red Bull RB5?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Of course. Just like teams asked for clarification in regards to Ferrari's fuel boost idea. Happens all the time.
    This.
    But when Ferrari does it, the Internet is full of Virgin Maries crying about foul play from those pesky italians

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    I guess you're talking about Aldo Costa. Remember why he was sacked? Remember the appalling F60, the car that looked like a GP2 car compared to the Red Bull RB5?
    Aldo Costa is not building the car on his own. How can the fans possibly know where the fault lies??! Fans accusing this person or that one is the problem here.

Aldo Costa is not building the car on his own. How can the fans possibly know where the fault lies??! Fans accusing this person or that one is the problem here.
    He was the technical director then, so we was the prime responsable. That's how these things work

WHy do you think Pat Symonds left Williams late last year?

Aldo Costa is from the Brawn era, people were let go(Luca) from Ferrari due to a "culture" change in the Scuderia. Which IMHO, was/is Ferrari's downfall. Brawn(Mercedes) then hired(2011) Costa to work for Mercedes and is responsible for the following: W04(2013), W05(2014), W06(2015), W07(2016)....they have won WCC/WDC since 2014.

Aldo Costa is from the Brawn era, people were let go(Luca) from Ferrari due to a "culture" change in the Scuderia. Which IMHO, was/is Ferrari's downfall. Brawn(Mercedes) then hired(2011) Costa to work for Mercedes and is responsible for the following: W04(2013), W05(2014), W06(2015), W07(2016)....they have won WCC/WDC since 2014.
    I know what Costa did/does at Mercedes (even though he isn't TD there). The truth is he was fired by Ferrari after the disastrous 2009 season

Oh, one small correction: Costa isn't "from the Brawn era", he was hired in 1995 by Todt, Ross Brawn only came aboard in 1997

Costa was hired from Minardi to Ferrari in 1996 and fired July 20th 2011. Ross Brawn worked for Ferrari from 1997-2006....so that makes it the "Brawn Era"...I never said Brawn hired him. Jean Todt worked for Ferrari as general manager from 1994-2007. And yet we see this time and time again with the Scuderia...people being let go after a disastrous decade(since 2007) only to be hired by someone else.....more notably Mercedes...and just recently Allison. Ferrari has to deal with its own internal issues before it can deal with its external issues.

Costa was hired from Minardi to Ferrari in 1996 and fired July 20th 2011. Ross Brawn worked for Ferrari from 1997-2006....so that makes it the "Brawn Era"...I never said Brawn hired him. Jean Todt worked for Ferrari as general manager from 1994-2007. And yet we see this time and time again with the Scuderia...people being let go after a disastrous decade(since 2007) only to be hired by someone else.....more notably Mercedes...and just recently Allison. Ferrari has to deal with its own internal issues before it can deal with its external issues.
    So you meant he was from the "Brawn era", because they worked together? That's fine by me. Anyway, that was just a small nitpick.
    As for his work at Mercedes, seeing how many top engineers work there (one, if not the, main reasons for their success, I reckon), who's to say for sure Costa's real part in all those WDC and WCC wins? I still mantain Ferrari aren't to blame for sacking him when they did

So you meant he was from the "Brawn era", because they worked together? That's fine by me. Anyway, that was just a small nitpick.
    As for his work at Mercedes, seeing how many top engineers work there (one, if not the, main reasons for their success, I reckon), who's to say for sure Costa's real part in all those WDC and WCC wins? I still mantain Ferrari aren't to blame for sacking him when they did
    After Costa, Ferrari hired and then sacked Pat Fry, and Tombazis left with him too. Seeing that their work accomplished nothing, again can we blame Ferrari for giving them the boot? Allison was a different matter: he wanted to go back to England to be with his family... and Ferrari weren't exactly happy with his work, too

He was the technical director then, so we was the prime responsable. That's how these things work
    He's got a boss too then. Maybe the boss was the one more primely responsible. Or maybe it's not one person, who knows...

Exactly what I think.

He's got a boss too then. Maybe the boss was the one more primely responsible. Or maybe it's not one person, who knows...

Aldo Costa's boss was a certain Luca di Montezemolo. Remember what happened to him?

All I was trying to say is that's a common practice in pretty much every sport to fire the guy in charge when things go south: in football/soccer, for instance, when a team loses, who gets the boot, the players... or the coach?

Aldo Costa's boss was a certain Luca di Montezemolo. Remember what happened to him?
    +1000

I think getting rid of Costa was a bad idea. I thought he was pretty good with aero, just couldn't get to grips with EBD.. I think that's why he's doing so well at Mercedes now. No EBD's and just good solid aero design. Pat Fry was a waste and even Allison didn't live up to his hype although he wasn't here long enough to make too much of an impact.

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;927257]I think getting rid of Costa was a bad idea. I thought he was pretty good with aero, just couldn't get to grips with EBD.. I think that's why he's doing so well at Mercedes now. No EBD's and just good solid aero design. Pat Fry was a waste and even Allison didn't live up to his hype although he wasn't here long enough to make too much of an impact.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this on Costa....

can't blame him(Allison) for leaving due to the death of his wife and taking care of his children IMHO....I and probably most would have done the same thing. As far as living up the the hype, maybe just like Costa, lets see how he does with Mercedes....no EBD's(emotional & behavior difficulties??) and just solid aero design.

I believe that Ferrari would have sacked Allison at the end of last season anyway. The backlash in the italian media was huge all year, he wouldn't have resisted

IMHO departure of Mr Allison was not necessarily because of the unfortunate passing of his wife and taking care of his children which were reported to be adults.

It was reported in the media last summer that he did not agree with car development direction and time schedule set by Mr Marchionne. Perhaps use of the family tragedy was just convenient for both parties, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    IMHO departure of Mr Allison was not necessarily because of the unfortunate passing of his wife and taking care of his children which were reported to be adults.

It was reported in the media last summer that he did not agree with car development direction and time schedule set by Mr Marchionne. Perhaps use of the family tragedy was just convenient for both parties, who knows.
    I believe, from what I read back then, it was a bit of both things

Aldo Costa is the engineering director of Mercedes who have obviously dominated James Allison was fully responsible for last years Ferrari look how good that car was.

Yeah, but that happened after Aldo Costa was already gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

You see things like this happen whether this one is true or not. Just because you seem to be in control of certain things doesn't make you the one responsible making those decisions.

Yeah, but that happened after Aldo Costa was already gone...

I believe he(Scuderia1967) was making a point about the "coach" being fired as it relates to post #380.