Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Practices & Qualifying

Might be 4 wheel steering, I have no idea my self. RB is comfortably behind like we are, so...

SPANISH - GP / FERRARI: We are not yet where we would like to be ...

The innovations that were analyzed yesterday, today were mounted and tested on the two Ferraris . Here are the words of the pilots at the day of testing ended:

Binotto : "We have worked very hard to bring updates here already in Spain ; we must recover and we need the strongest car possible. It is clear, however, that we are not putting everything into play. The key thing is to know how to develop the machine in the best way, to make it grow. The decision to work hard to get here already with the news was taken several weeks ago, including how the season started. In the pre-season tests Mercedes was at the same level as us: we can't say we were ahead of them, but we can say that they were already as strong as us.

Now, after the first four races, we are back on the same track, but the conditions are different: the climate is much warmer and the machines have already been developed. We are now pursuing but I think there is little difference between us and them. Unfortunately in Bahrain we lost a great opportunity and in Baku with a better qualifying and a better race we would have had another result. I think we lack points compared to our real potential. The tires are one of the most important performance factors in a car and the development made by Pirelli this year is excellent. We no longer had a trace of the blistering that so many problems had given us last season. We must learn to know them and optimize them, but we are only at the beginning of the championship ”.

Leclerc : "We did what we usually do in free practice, but with the balance today I didn't feel completely at ease. There are many new features on the machine and it is also a bit normal. It takes time to find the right balance. It won't be easy to smooth the gap from the Mercedes, but we'll try. I don't think we are in a bad way on the race pace: we managed a little, but everyone does it. "
    Vettel : "We are not where we want to be. On Fridays we have an image, but tomorrow all the cards will be on the table. However, I think we need to improve especially with regards to the slow part of the track. It seems that all the innovations we brought work well, but the speed was not as good as we hoped ".

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It’s not to please the UK fans, it’s to grow the sport in the US. Look how many american rappers, athletes, actors, models etc come to support Hamilton or be a part of his posse and fan fair. At least thats the way I see it.

Please do not compare the American people with US celebrities. They are as far removed from us as imaginable. There is very little US interest in Formula One and I highly doubt Lewis Hamilton is going to change the situation.

Binotto is delusional, or he is simply pandering to the Italian media. If he truly believes the Ferrari cars are almost to equal to Mercedes, he needs to be replaced ASAP. A business organization cannot be lead by a cheerleader. The leader must be cold and calculating, not emotional. The employees of the organization must have confidence in the leader's words. When the leader speaks more as a fan than a CEO the effects on the group are always detrimental to success.
    Last edited by The Hajj; 10th May 2019 at 19:52.

Hamilton, Seb are having different and more agressive driving style. Both are much more agressive on the throttle and when manouvering the car, its the opposite to Bottas, Leclerc who are much smoother on the throttle, and are more gentle on the tyres. Seb needs the good rear end to make its style work, Hamilton a good front end. With this pirelli crap tyres you never know what will happen. I really hope one day we will go back to the old top class Bridgestone or Michelin tyres on which you can push like hell every lap and all was well. That was the real f1, not this nursing tyres stuff that pirelli invented.

Ferrari will never be where they want to be the car is a diva a bitch of a car it's that over developed that it's starting to rot it's one thing after another by the time Ferrari get to where they want to be the season will be over with both championships gone probably the case already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The last sector is killing us. In the first two sectros we are quite even with Mercedes, sometimes we are faster, sometimes they are, but here comes the sector three and we get destroyed. And the only thing that's different in it compared to the rest of the circuit are those two slow sections. The hairpin and the chicane. That's not aero... that's mechanical. That's suspension or power delivery.
    Mechanical as in 4 wheel steering :)
    That why their apex speed is so high, andonky in slow corners where aero is not a deciding factor.

No,
    Week one they had a safety, old spec car, if the production one was not reasy in time , as it wasnt. Testing what they could test, perhaps 4W steering system.

In sector 1 is where we are only better then the Mercs!!
    We where 2 tenths faster there BUT we where also 2 tenths slower on sector 2 !!! And then 4+ !!!! On S3 .
    These are the best sectors that make us 4+ slower in total on . Unless new pu give us another half a sec in S1 we will lose badly!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    Please do not compare the American people with US celebrities. They are as far removed from us as imaginable. There is very little US interest in Formula One and I highly doubt Lewis Hamilton is going to change the situation.

Binotto is delusional, or he is simply pandering to the Italian media. If he truly believes the Ferrari cars are almost to equal to Mercedes, he needs to be replaced ASAP. A business organization cannot be lead by a cheerleader. The leader must be cold and calculating, not emotional. The employees of the organization must have confidence in the leader's words. When the leader speaks more as a fan than a CEO the effects on the group are always detrimental to success.
    Hey, I didn’t say it would work, I said it was the intention. And he certainly has garnered a large following....anyway, back to Ferrari. I read some where Binotto said there’s more to come...I need to find the article.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by distortion View Post
    Correct... 4 wheel steer, interlinked just out of rules reach, and tires made just for them. I'm not sure why the PTB want Lewis winning. Are there that many UK fans? Is it because Schumacher isn't an active record holder. It hurts my heart to even think of someone with such a low moral caliber as Lewis to surpass Schuey's record. But alas... It seems that is what is being orchestrated.
    Moral caliber while driving during F-1 races is what counts, social life of a driver means nothing towards WCC, WDC. A good example of good morals would be, parking on the track in front of Alonso , nearly pushing Rubens to his death into a wall with no regrets, and of course Austria 2002. When Lewis passes Shuey's records ,poles is a good example so far, it will be in a race car with F-1 fans watching, nothing to do with after the races.

Almost 5 races in, they still have not solved their weakness in low speed corner. One can imagine what kind of team this is. Useless bunch of people in the camp..

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    You're wrong. We're all stupid cowboys who obsess about celebrities.

Disappointed Since 2010

They may as well treat each race as tests while they redesign the front suspension. A new engine isn't going to be enough.

I think Spain is going to be one of the biggest Mercedes dominations of the season so I think I will not watch this race and save myself the frustrations and pain and instead look forward to Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    I think Spain is going to be one of the biggest Mercedes dominations of the season so I think I will not watch this race and save myself the frustrations and pain and instead look forward to Monaco.
    Forget about Spian, Monaco and beyond. If the Reds are weak at low speed corner, how do you expect them to do well in Monaco?

Ferrari failing miserably in all aspects of f1.Mercedes are even willing them on to have a real go but Ferrari fail to lift Mr Binnotto is in to deep he needs to be behind a desk in a sanitised environment this is killing him and the media are eating him alive.Totto is a leader smart cunning and ruthless my type of guy.There is no where for Ferrari to hide they have chickened out to a mercedes challenge do Ferrari even want to be in f1anymore this question must be going around all teams what a waste of money turning up at each event knowing you can't win wow that must feel insane Mercedes can save f1 by sharing there technology with all the teams to try and help because even mercedes get tired of winning each event unchallenged.

After more than 10 years of waiting, really disappointed and fed up with this useless team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    Monaco will be the biggest disaster of the season, Mercedes would easily be more than a second ahead.

Monaco will be LeClerc's biggest win of the season!! Merc will easily be second.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Monaco will be LeClerc's biggest win of the season!! Merc will easily be second.
    what about Max?

Quote Originally Posted by erikejw View Post
    Mechanical as in 4 wheel steering :)
    That why their apex speed is so high, andonky in slow corners where aero is not a deciding factor.
    Is this confirmed somewhere? Or is it just a rumor?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Vettel: "In Sector 3, Mercedes just drives away. We have already experienced on other tracks that we can't keep up with the mechanical grip. We really must change that.

Game over, championship is lost, bring on 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Vettel: "In Sector 3, Mercedes just drives away. We have already experienced on other tracks that we can't keep up with the mechanical grip. We really must change that.

Game over, championship is lost, bring on 2020.
    Why has there been no recent talk of Ferrari attempting a version of Merc's 'RWS', I'm sure they looked into it last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Is this confirmed somewhere? Or is it just a rumor?

It was written on an Italian F1 website. Also, you can tell the car is turning on its own axis. It was evident in testing, the car does not slide into the corner, just turns on its axis.
    Also, when you look at the apex speeds, how late they brake, and how far they hold the brake, you can tell the car is turning while the brakes are applied. They can carry huge speed into the corner. The brake steer is not a huge thing to impliment, I dont know why they dont do it in Ferrari.

and the others teams? nobody else has tried it?

To add insult to injury, Renault is also faster than Ferrari in Sector 3 along with Mercedes and Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    what about Max?
    3rd. just beating Bottas!