Thread: Mick Schumacher claims second podium in MRF weekend

Big Grin Mick Schumacher claims second podium in MRF weekend

Mick Schumacher – the son of seven-time Formula One world champion Michael – secured second in the fourth and final race of the MRF Challenge event held in Chennai this weekend, having already claimed P3 in the opening contest.

Lining up second on the grid, Schumacher Jr. could not challenge pole sitter Alessio Picariello and quickly found himself embroiled in a four-way scrap for the runner-up spot.

While the German managed to get some breathing space, he crossed the line less than two seconds ahead of Tatiana Calderon and Pietro Fittipaldi, the grandson of two-time world champion Emerson who had wrapped up the title one race earlier.

“For sure, I am pleased and really happy to be in this environment, to drive against some good drivers who have a lot of International experience, so I am really happy to be second,” he is quoted as saying by Motorsport.com.

“It feels great to drive with the people who have experience, and to see I can complete with them is good.”

The MRF Challenge is an India-based single-seaters championship whose premier category features Renault-powered 2.0L cars. The Chennai event was the fourth and final round of this year’s series, which also had races in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Dubai. Schumacher only competed during the Indian weekend.

Having made his single-seaters debut in German F4 last year, the teenager is now poised to graduate to F3 while also joining the Ferrari Driver Academy. WoooHooo wont be long before we have a Schumacher back in the car

F1i

Although I'm super excited to seeing Mick in a Ferrari (and a talented Indian, Jehan Daruvala, in F1), we shouldn't give them too much hype or they'll crush under the pressure. There are rare cases like Ralf Schumacher and Nico Rosberg who can cope with the pressure but many times they can't.
    I would like to be pleasantly surprised in say... 2020 when Haas announces Mick Schumacher as their #2 driver!
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    Mick Schumacher – the son of seven-time Formula One world champion Michael – secured second in the fourth and final race of the MRF Challenge event held in Chennai this weekend, having already claimed P3 in the opening contest.

Lining up second on the grid, Schumacher Jr. could not challenge pole sitter Alessio Picariello and quickly found himself embroiled in a four-way scrap for the runner-up spot.

While the German managed to get some breathing space, he crossed the line less than two seconds ahead of Tatiana Calderon and Pietro Fittipaldi, the grandson of two-time world champion Emerson who had wrapped up the title one race earlier.

“For sure, I am pleased and really happy to be in this environment, to drive against some good drivers who have a lot of International experience, so I am really happy to be second,” he is quoted as saying by Motorsport.com.

“It feels great to drive with the people who have experience, and to see I can complete with them is good.”

The MRF Challenge is an India-based single-seaters championship whose premier category features Renault-powered 2.0L cars. The Chennai event was the fourth and final round of this year’s series, which also had races in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Dubai. Schumacher only competed during the Indian weekend.

Having made his single-seaters debut in German F4 last year, the teenager is now poised to graduate to F3 while also joining the Ferrari Driver Academy. WoooHooo wont be long before we have a Schumacher back in the car

F1i
    Great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to see him race ala stream..Fittipaldi, Shuemaker, who else has kids racing?