Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617285378 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Any bold prediction for 2016?
    we will win the WDC, bold enough?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    we will win the WDC, bold enough?
    I'm with you!!!!I know that its not gonna be easy , but i have the feeling that we will be on par and better with the Mercs!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I'm with you!!!!I know that its not gonna be easy , but i have the feeling that we will be on par and better with the Mercs!!!!
    ^ i'd be glad if we were ON PAR with Mercedes....but if we are just a little bit better then them in 2016 i'd be ecstatic with JOY....then Seb can go ahead and keep winning those races...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I agree with you, I have got that feeling as well.

Here is my bold prediction .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    waaaaaaay to early for any predictions. Cannt know really until after first couple races.
    Actually, we're not going to have any news for this thread for awhile also...

My predictions are that at the start of the season we will be very close. But they will still be a bit ahead. Maybe something like Ferrari vs Red Bull 2012.

We win WCC, Seb wins WDC by one point in front of Kimi and Hamilton is behind a Marussia driver in the final standings.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Next year all engines will be required to have two exhaust pipes right?

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    Next year all engines will be required to have two exhaust pipes right?
    well it's NOT really two exhaust pipes per say...as it was in the V8 days, one for each cylinder banks

it's more like a normal exhaust pipe we had this year with an extra (lot smaller pipe) maybe underneath which will be coming off the blowoff valve.....in HOPES to increase the sound a bit more
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well it's NOT really two exhaust pipes per say...as it was in the V8 days, one for each cylinder banks

it's more like a normal exhaust pipe we had this year with an extra (lot smaller pipe) maybe underneath which will be coming off the blowoff valve.....in HOPES to increase the sound a bit more
    Will this extra lot smaller pipe increase the performance somehow or only the sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Will this extra lot smaller pipe increase the performance somehow or only the sound?
    i think it's more sound they're after, the FIA
    as far as performance, i personally don't think will add that much....but then again i'm not a engine or aero engineer so WHO KNOWS.....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Actually the blow-off valve is there to release pressure buildup in the intake manifold due to sudden closer of the throttle body. You are thinking of the wastegate. This secondary pipe is also known as a screamer pipe, but with the current power units that use turbo compounding (the excess energy isn't throwned out the wastegate but is used to generate electrical energy) i don't see it doing much about the noise. Maybe on downshifts it will make a difference, but the whole idea of the MGU-H is to use as little as possible the wastegate.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    Actually the blow-off valve is there to release pressure buildup in the intake manifold due to sudden closer of the throttle body. You are thinking of the wastegate. This secondary pipe is also known as a screamer pipe, but with the current power units that use turbo compounding (the excess energy isn't throwned out the wastegate but is used to generate electrical energy) i don't see it doing much about the noise. Maybe on downshifts it will make a difference, but the whole idea of the MGU-H is to use as little as possible the wastegate.
    Hmmmm, then whats the point then? Fans want alot louder F1 cars, if this idea doesnt make much of a difference then come up with 1 that will.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Are there any new regulations about the engine 2017? Or only the aero?

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Hmmmm, then whats the point then? Fans want alot louder F1 cars, if this idea doesnt make much of a difference then come up with 1 that will.
    Well if you remember they also tested the "trumpet exhaust"

Currently F1 is filled with gimmicks and again the only solution that they can come up with is to add in more gimmicks. Who knows maybe it will improve the sound, but with my humble understanding of basic ICE operation, 99% of the time this secondary pipe won't emit anything.

They need to go back to twin turbo two exhaust pipes and it will sound a lot better.listen to the cars in 1982 much better than now

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    They need to go back to twin turbo two exhaust pipes and it will sound a lot better.listen to the cars in 1982 much better than now
    Problem comes when you start to recover energy from the engine, you take away the sound as it is a result of the wasted energy. Also even though 15000 RPM is max. allowed by regs., all of them limit to 11-12 thousand due to fuel consumption at higher revs. Both take away from what we hear & don't hear!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Yea but the technology was different as were turbo tech too.
    Loved the 126C. Where Ferrari lagged back in 87/88 was because of the fuel regs imposed.
    Honda was all over that.

Gotta add, my son was at a car show in Naples Fl today, Ferrari of Tampa was there..he had a blast.
    I missed that one....drat!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    We win WCC, Seb wins WDC by one point in front of Kimi and Hamilton is behind a Marussia driver in the final standings.
    now that's what i'm talking about!
    Forza Ferrari

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianlu_DAle
    According to Omnicorse, Ferrari has started to build the first parts of the chassis of the new car | #Ferrari #F1
    can't wait!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

can't wait!!!!!!!!

can't wait!!!!!!!!
    I have a feeling we will build a monster of a car. Forza Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    I have a feeling we will build a monster of a car. Forza Ferrari.
    Really do hope so!

FERRARI 2016

The project 667, approved in Maranello for some months now, will present ideas to sharp break with what has been done Ferrari in recent seasons. It started, despite the good results obtained with the car in 2015, from a blank sheet to try to close the gap ("only" 3-4 tenths in race trim) that separates the Italian team from Mercedes.

This project, the first carried out by Allison-Resta-Binotto will present many innovations and will remain in the car just a few elements of the SF15-T. After four seasons of use of the pull rod front suspension, Ferrari will to use a push rod suspension system. In addition to returning to the suspension system to "strut" (finally we might add), for aerodynamic purposes, the steering arm is lowered to align with a lower triangle that should keep the tuning fork diagram, solution similar to Mercedes in 2015.

The version of muzzle implemented by engineers at Maranello will be at the limit of technical regulations because of what we know will be very similar to the snout used by Toro Rosso in this 2015 (the concept of nose is that, less detail more detail), when in the end of the muzzle will be located at the limit of 850 mm from the Front Wheel Centre Line (FWCL) and the "tip" of the muzzle. Thanks to this, the nose will prove to be raised and with a passage section of the air between the support pylons and the wing, much wider than the old version.

This solution will ensure a higher air flow in the area of the bottom of the car and then the opportunity to generate more downforce at the front which will eventually be balanced by a slender back, but we'll talk about in a few days!

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

With all the things i read how we may gain advantage through the increase hours of windtunnel usage because of our collaboration with Haas. My expectations are increased even more! I really hope now we can even be equal to Mercedes at Melbourne next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFerrariGo! View Post
    The project 667, approved in Maranello for some months now, will present ideas to sharp break with what has been done Ferrari in recent seasons. It started, despite the good results obtained with the car in 2015, from a blank sheet to try to close the gap ("only" 3-4 tenths in race trim) that separates the Italian team from Mercedes.

This project, the first carried out by Allison-Resta-Binotto will present many innovations and will remain in the car just a few elements of the SF15-T. After four seasons of use of the pull rod front suspension, Ferrari will to use a push rod suspension system. In addition to returning to the suspension system to "strut" (finally we might add), for aerodynamic purposes, the steering arm is lowered to align with a lower triangle that should keep the tuning fork diagram, solution similar to Mercedes in 2015.

The version of muzzle implemented by engineers at Maranello will be at the limit of technical regulations because of what we know will be very similar to the snout used by Toro Rosso in this 2015 (the concept of nose is that, less detail more detail), when in the end of the muzzle will be located at the limit of 850 mm from the Front Wheel Centre Line (FWCL) and the "tip" of the muzzle. Thanks to this, the nose will prove to be raised and with a passage section of the air between the support pylons and the wing, much wider than the old version.

This solution will ensure a higher air flow in the area of the bottom of the car and then the opportunity to generate more downforce at the front which will eventually be balanced by a slender back, but we'll talk about in a few days!
    Thank you for these wonderful news!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFerrariGo! View Post

Allison said already at the half of the year that they we're working on a short nose.. Surely they will adopt it.
    The push road.. We're waiting it for 3 years, so.. ahaha

Hope this will be year for ferrari

(This is a bit off-topic, but I just didn't know where to put it and I don't want to start a new thread.)

So what was the stipulation again set by Arrivabene if Ferrari wins 3 races?
    Did he make good on yet? HAHA!