Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161728 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Yes he's a race car driver who just got a F-1 seat. According to Binotto Mick will be ready for the Ferrari seat in 2023. Charles came up to Ferrari's seat with his F-2 win also. Any thing else you need to know about Mick; just ask.
    I think you’re dillusional. He hasn’t shown the promise or brilliance that LEC or MSC had. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    I think you’re dillusional. He hasn’t shown the promise or brilliance that LEC or MSC had. Not even close.
    I agree with you. That's why Sainz got the 2021, 2022 seat. By 2023 Mick will have graduated to a F-1. contender. The same brilliance no , promise yes, he did win 2020. Who is MSC ?

I agree with you. That's why Sainz got the 2021, 2022 seat. By 2023 Mick will have graduated to a F-1. contender. The same brilliance no , promise yes, he did win 2020. Who is MSC ?
    MSC....is Micks dad....did you NOT know that?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    MSC....is Micks dad....did you NOT know that?
    MSC threw me off. To compare Mick with either Charles now or his old man from then is a bit harsh. Wait until 2021 is over and then compare Mick's 1st. F-1 yr. with say George Russell . poles, wins, podiums all zero He finished with 3 points after 38 F-1 entries 2020. Russell out raced Latifi who scored all zeros in 17 entries in 2020. Then if only it would be possible; let Mick due a race in that Merc rocket and see how he finishes! Keep in mind his old man came back to F-1 to be with with Merc. Maybe Mick will look that way also.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Facts are that you only win with a fast car. Cant win with a William's. If Ferrari had Mercs car this year they would have won. Even with their bad pit stops. Fast car will gain you 1 sec a lap. Bad pitstop you lose 3 sec a race. What would you rather have.
    +1
    Well said.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

MSC threw me off. To compare Mick with either Charles now or his old man from then is a bit harsh. Wait until 2021 is over and then compare Mick's 1st. F-1 yr. with say George Russell . poles, wins, podiums all zero He finished with 3 points after 38 F-1 entries 2020. Russell out raced Latifi who scored all zeros in 17 entries in 2020. Then if only it would be possible; let Mick due a race in that Merc rocket and see how he finishes! Keep in mind his old man came back to F-1 to be with with Merc. Maybe Mick will look that way also.
    Well said. I'm not too impressed by Mick's abilities so far but I'm excited to have him in F1 and I hope he develops immensely to become a title contender.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Definitely mick will need to prove himself his father's legacy at ferrari will not be enough.One step at a time mick should do the trick.Without doubt it would be a marketing master stroke to have mick racing in the red.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Definitely mick will need to prove himself his father's legacy at ferrari will not be enough.One step at a time mick should do the trick.Without doubt it would be a marketing master stroke to have mick racing in the red.
    I hope he actually is ready before getting into the car alongside Charles and not simply rush him in. I love the kid but he is known to be a sort of a late bloomer, putting him in the red without him performing to his potential might be deadly to his career, especially because of the monster Leclerc really is. With that being said, I'm still excited to see what he can do in F1, although one mustn't put his father as the benchmark for him.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Facts are that you only win with a fast car. Cant win with a William's. If Ferrari had Mercs car this year they would have won. Even with their bad pit stops. Fast car will gain you 1 sec a lap. Bad pitstop you lose 3 sec a race. What would you rather have.
    If you have a good team,you will get a good car that will score you victories.
    Now, on the other hand, if you have a *****ty team, guess what kind of car you'll have.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    +1
    Well said.
    Oh ya, well said, now try to put 1 + 1 together, what does it take to make that fast car?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Oh ya, well said, now try to put 1 + 1 together, what does it take to make that fast car?
    In R Bull's case it took , takes Max to make them the treat they are to Merc. It sure as hell ain't just Honda.

In R Bull's case it took , takes Max to make them the treat they are to Merc. It sure as hell ain't just Honda.
    It's Max yes but it's also Adrian Newey. What RedBull lacks in the engine dept. it certainly makes up for it in the aero dept and shorter wheelbase.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's Max yes but it's also Adrian Newey. What RedBull lacks in the engine dept. it certainly makes up for it in the aero dept and shorter wheelbase.
    I didn't mean to say the Honda was not doing great. It needed and had a great driver to get the car where it was . Threatening Louis most every race.

If you have a good team,you will get a good car that will score you victories.
    Now, on the other hand, if you have a *****ty team, guess what kind of car you'll have.
    And you can have the best team with the quickest pit stops and best strategies. Still wont win without the best car. Williams usually have some of the quickest pitstops. They are not going to win any championships with their car. Even Ferrari, as bad as you say we are would win the championships with Mercs car.
    We need to build a quick.car first then get everything sorted out. Once we're running at the front then we can fine tune our strategies

The F I A should only enforce a F-1 car to qualify to race if : the car has 4 wheels, a steering wheel , a drivers seat , halo, an engine and a fuel tank. Let the teams do whatever they can after that to get the best car they can on the track including telling Pirelli whats best for each race.

And you can have the best team with the quickest pit stops and best strategies. Still wont win without the best car. Williams usually have some of the quickest pitstops. They are not going to win any championships with their car. Even Ferrari, as bad as you say we are would win the championships with Mercs car.
    We need to build a quick.car first then get everything sorted out. Once we're running at the front then we can fine tune our strategies
    Why do you think that happens with Williams ?
    Because they don't have the people and resources to make a good car.
    The car is not going to grow out of a car tree.
    Will it now ?

Do you really believe, that all this team needs is a car that is competitive?
    That management wise, everything is perfect?

Questions for you:
    So, it's the car that is to blame for the pitstop mayhem?
    It is the car that is to blame for the fact that the team, morally wise is in its lowest?
    So if we change the car, top to bottom,with the flick of our fingers sort of speak, even if tomorrow , we catch up 90% or even 100% with RBR and Mercedes out of the blue, you really believe that's all it takes to challenge for titles?

All it takes is hardware (since I do believe we have the drivers)?

So, let's see, do we need fast pitstops? If so, will the car resolve that? No.
    Do we need even better strategies? This is definitely something that even if the car helps, it 's not up to the car to resolve , is it?
    Do we need better management, to alleviate the pressure over the team (every member of the team) that they feel because of the expectations amassed (normal) , because, well, it's Ferrari after all? Is that the car alone that will do this? Yes, of course a better car will help, but it's not the holy grail, is it? Remember 2018 ?

In short, the issues ferrari face, go far and beyond than just the car that everyone tends to focus. They start from the top management and direction and the structure of the team as a whole. They root to what choices said management make (or don't , at times) regarding people in places, because as we all know, politics is second nature in Ferrari.
    But at one point, someone needs to take the courage and just do what needs to be done, otherwise, car, or no car, the team will keep on sinking , it 'll become an unpleasant place and sponsors will have no reason to give their money to.
    This is your post. I say yes. A fast car will make bad pit stops not look so bad. Yes an fast car will make even mediocre strategies work. And yes a fast car means wins so team morale will go up. Build a fast car and then the other things become.easier. if you lose 2 sec on a pitstop when you are 30 sec ahead of the next car doesn't mean much. Stopping earlier or later with the fastest car won't matter hence strategies become easier. For next year, if I had a choice I'd rather see Ferrari fix their speed issue rather than their slow pitstops. Let's.just agree to.disagee and put this to rest.

Apparently we are looking at 30 hp for next year... https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...mpression=true

This is your post. I say yes. A fast car will make bad pit stops not look so bad. Yes an fast car will make even mediocre strategies work. And yes a fast car means wins so team morale will go up. Build a fast car and then the other things become.easier. if you lose 2 sec on a pitstop when you are 30 sec ahead of the next car doesn't mean much. Stopping earlier or later with the fastest car won't matter hence strategies become easier. For next year, if I had a choice I'd rather see Ferrari fix their speed issue rather than their slow pitstops. Let's.just agree to.disagee and put this to rest.
    I echo your feelings Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Apparently we are looking at 30 hp for next year... https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...mpression=true
    Knowing Binotto, he always downplays everything. What he called minor upgrades from Hungaroring to Nurburgring, gave an extra 7 tenths to the car, the third most in progression when compared from the start of season to the end. If Binotto says that he has made progress to return back to a minimum of third place in the WCC, I would believe him.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    30 hp in relation to our 2019 engine??. Or compared to 2020 engine which was already 50hp down on Merc 2020....
    If compared to 2020 engine, 30hp is not even close to what we need to be at the front fighting with Merc.....we’ll still have the WORSE engine out of the 4 manufacturers.....and that is simply SAd...

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Knowing Binotto, he always downplays everything. What he called minor upgrades from Hungaroring to Nurburgring, gave an extra 7 tenths to the car, the third most in progression when compared from the start of season to the end. If Binotto says that he has made progress to return back to a minimum of third place in the WCC, I would believe him.
    Only 3rd in the WCC??. I thought our goal was to fight with Merc for victories

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Only 3rd in the WCC??. I thought our goal was to fight with Merc for victories
    The goal is to win the world championship in 2022 while at the same time having 2021 be decent enough.

The 1st renderings of SF21 from Gazzetta
    Attachment 7772
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 7772
    Hope not!!! Again that prahistoric hideous nose!!!

Not much they can do about the nose at this stage.

Not much they can do about the nose at this stage.
    exactly.....in order to change the nose they would have had to use some tokens, pass crash test....etc....so i think they decided to use the tokens in the rear of the car...suspension, gearbox....etc

stupid token system....i never liked it....that's why Merc enjoyed 2014-2015 due to token system that handicapped FERRARI to modify/improve their engines....

one more year of that hideous nose and we can move onto 2022 where everyone will start from scratch and hopefully no more platipus nose for us.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 7772
    The SF21 is following the RedBull philosophy. It will use a thinner nose as well.....bout time.
    Last edited by Rob; 1st January 2021 at 11:10.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The SF21 is following the RedBull philosophy. It will use a thinner nose as well.....bout time.
    says WHO???? u have a link??