Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2017 - Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I think this year our car is more competitive. But we don't have Fernando ofcourse.. However, think Seb is doing great this season
    My point is we need our second driver to perform. Bottas already won a race and got a pole in Bahrain. And today he helped Hamilton to win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    2nd is not a bad result considering the massive update the Mercs brought for this race, aero and engine wise.

What is now clear is that strategy will play a very crucial role from this race forward, considering the race trim pace of Mercs and Ferrari are just about equal (although I feel we are ahead by a few tenths). Mercedes for sure is now using Bottas as their moving chicane to disrupt Vettel's run for the championship this early in the season and we need to adapt to this quickly. Of course it is easier said than done, and we need Raikkonen to perform well now more than ever to get back to our championship winning ways.
    well said man

2 weeks a way too long
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

i wonder if kimi was not taken out, will we have a different result? then bottas eventually had car failure.
    Forza Ferrari

very bad weekend for seb, but he gave it everything, and had p1 in his grasp until Vsc

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    S3 was not as good as Merc, so we could be in trouble in Monaco
    Wasn't in Q,but was pretty good in the race
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Vettel 1st or 2nd every race so far. Merc apparently not bullet-proof judging from Botas
    DNF. Still leading WDC. I see some positives there
    Last edited by Rob; 14th May 2017 at 15:27.

Seb was in the 2nd sector when the VSC happened. I was yelling at the TV to pit immediately. Pitting the lap after it ended was poor and lost the race. Lewis picked up the 7 seconds by timing g the pit. It is almost always correct to pit under VSC.
    Forza Ferrari!!

perhaps another factor which gave ham some advantage is the DRS which has been extended for 100M when he was chasing Seb.
    Forza Ferrari

Today, Ferrari lost the race, because they did not think outside of the box. They should have stopped under the VSC, twice. Once to change for the Mediums, then do a lap around, and come straight back in and change to Softs! I was screaming this at the TV! Well, they didnt hear me!
    Shame because I was screaming really loud.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    perhaps another factor which gave ham some advantage is the DRS which has been extended for 100M when he was chasing Seb.
    yup

If I'm not mistaken it's really not the car at fault in s3 it's vet not getting it right .he did say he struggles in s3.i think advantage Ferrari in Monaco with shorter wheel base.put it this way would u rather drove the track with a 18 wheeler or a box truck.thats how I see it.hey any one on this forum going to Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Today, Ferrari lost the race, because they did not think outside of the box. They should have stopped under the VSC, twice. Once to change for the Mediums, then do a lap around, and come straight back in and change to Softs! I was screaming this at the TV! Well, they didnt hear me!
    Shame because I was screaming really loud.
    same here

Not gonna blame the team or anyone but luck again not in our side..That racing and not everything will go like we want..Let's see in Monaco if luck in our side
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Hey guys OT but just wondering, does anyone know what happened to Nova? He used to post here quite a bit and I always enjoyed reading his thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Hey guys OT but just wondering, does anyone know what happened to Nova? He used to post here quite a bit and I always enjoyed reading his thoughts..
    no idea what happened to him but his last visit was january of this year.
    Forza Ferrari

guess who is driver of the day????

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    me?
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi and the little boy
    Attachment 7131

Bottas
    Last edited by Rob; 14th May 2017 at 15:28.

Plz don't blame vettel for not doing well in the s3, if the strategy would have been better we could have easily won.. So plz don't say a thing about vettel no one could have fought better and be that calm after the race that just slipped out of his hands..
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi and the little boy
    Attachment 7131
    Great

Must be Sebastian! That overtake move on VB is just worth of it!

Clearly we cannot win each and every race. What is SV doing now, collecting pints in every race, is what champion should do!

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken it's really not the car at fault in s3 it's vet not getting it right .he did say he struggles in s3.i think advantage Ferrari in Monaco with shorter wheel base.put it this way would u rather drove the track with a 18 wheeler or a box truck.thats how I see it.hey any one on this forum going to Montreal
    Hamilton's lap wasn't the best either. Vettel is too self-deprecating for his own good. Imagine the exact opposite of Alonso in that regard. His lap was possibly the closest to the maximum they could have extracted from the car, more so than Hamilton, so no point in blaming him for losing half a tenth. It's pointless. He didn't lose 8 seconds and a position at least...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi and the little boy
    Attachment 7131
    I love this kid, went on tears as kimi crashed.. Happy that kimi has done something to keep atleast the kid happy at last.
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Must be Sebastian! That overtake move on VB is just worth of it!
    It is Sebastian.

He's so calm in races. Always aware of what's going on around him. If that was someone else in the car, they might have parked it during quali yesterday when the team told them and started at the back end of the grid today. In this race you could easily see the different attitude and approach from Vettel and Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    I love this kid, went on tears as kimi crashed.. Happy that kimi has done something to keep atleast the kid happy at last.
    I think that kids name is Zike

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    My point is we need our second driver to perform. Bottas already won a race and got a pole in Bahrain. And today he helped Hamilton to win the race.
    HE HELPED HIM ALRIGHT, HE HIT KIMI AND KIMI WAS OUT THE RACE.
    Last edited by Rob; 14th May 2017 at 15:31.

Before the race i said i'll be content even with Seb finishing second. I was very angry when i saw Kimi going out because of the pesky move Bottas did. Nevertheless, Karma got Bottas later in the race and his engine blew up. So, i'm content. However, it's true that Seb could've won if he pitted under VSC. Nevertheless, it is what it is, Monaco is next and i think Ferrari is going to nail that race. Extreme aero tracks suits us more, right? For the time being Seb is still leading the WDC and it's very close in WCC. So, heads up and moving forward.