Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646576 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Seeing & copying what your competitor is doing is a time honoured tradition up & down the pit lane. You innovate as much as possible, but still hire good "spies" to keep an eye on your competition's doings! Why do you think they all put up those privacy curtains in front of garage (or when not allowed, they line up a bunch of technicians so it's hard to get a good view).

That's hilarious that the sensor failure was 'outed' by a flat tyre & the telemetry readout just happened to stay "stuck" at 0.1 psi over the minimum set by Pirelli . Oops!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Everyone in the track want to catch Ferrari rather than Merc. Last year Williams said they will match Ferrari ( that didn't happen). But this year RBR said they will catch us. For that they going to use upgraded engine in Monaco itself. And McLaren said with this year engine upgrade they will be with Ferrari and also with third best chasis on track they are going to perform well in expence Ferrari and Williams. So all teams has lost hope on catching Mercedes except Ferrari.
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

A McL fan comment on another forum

"Will be interesting for sure. I think Ferrari is possible, its kind of amazing how Ferrari have fallen off after all the pre season hype."

Ferrari are far ahead of all these pursuers. We havent been able to unleash all our ponies as yet and have been suffering with tyre pressures whilst other teams have been cheating the system. It looks like we might have a solution for tyre pressures and will be getting the turbo. It is only then that wana be ferrari beaters can open their mouths and see that they can catch us

It's a sign of how badly Ferrari are meeting predictions and expectations. The last race was frankly embarrassing. Everyone and their dog feel qualified to have a go at us. Another like that and Toro Rosso/Force India will be at it too. It's up to the team to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post

"Will be interesting for sure. I think Ferrari is possible, its kind of amazing how Ferrari have fallen off after all the pre season hype."

I wouldn't laugh...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    It's a sign of how badly Ferrari are meeting predictions and expectations. The last race was frankly embarrassing. Everyone and their dog feel qualified to have a go at us. Another like that and Toro Rosso/Force India will be at it too. It's up to the team to turn it around.
    Kimi's in 2nd place ahead of Lewis ! Ferrari is in 2nd place ahead of every other team. Cursing is not allowed here so I'll just chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Kimi's in 2nd place ahead of Lewis ! Ferrari is in 2nd place ahead of every other team. Cursing is not allowed here so I'll just chill out.
    arent we all tired of being 2nd

For sure McLaren will be a lot better in Monaco.. HP isn't that important there and their car isn't to bad apart from that.. Also it's one of the tracks where they have the most chance of doing a good job..
    Our car and drivers haven't been to good in qualy this year, and qualy is super important in Monaco, it's also a track which isn't the best suited to our car so.. Mercs will be ahead (unless things happen), probably RBR as well.. Williams will be nowhere.. So that gives STR and McLaren a good chance I think of a good position.. If we make a mistake it can be very costly..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    For sure McLaren will be a lot better in Monaco.. HP isn't that important there and their car isn't to bad apart from that.. Also it's one of the tracks where they have the most chance of doing a good job..
    Our car and drivers haven't been to good in qualy this year, and qualy is super important in Monaco, it's also a track which isn't the best suited to our car so.. Mercs will be ahead (unless things happen), probably RBR as well.. Williams will be nowhere.. So that gives STR and McLaren a good chance I think of a good position.. If we make a mistake it can be very costly..
    I don't know why we have struggled so much in Monaco. We haven't won since 2001. Hope we can break that trend this weekend.

arent we all tired of being 2nd
    i know i am....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I don't know why we have struggled so much in Monaco. We haven't won since 2001. Hope we can break that trend this weekend.
    I think mainly because of our poor qualy performance the last years..

2009 the car wasn't good but we had a podium; 2010 Fernando started from the back; 2011 the car wasn't good and we had a podium; 2012 same; 2013 was a real crappy race and crap qualy because of rain; 2014 Kimi would have got a podium if it wasn't for that stupid Chilton; last year we also had a podium..

We aren't too bad but the problem is you really can't overtake in Monaco.. So it's al about starting position and not screwing up your start, and a little bid strategy, but with a one stop there isn't to much.. Then comes the issue of traffic.. The first cars will very soon double the last ones so it's very hard to stay close and try something with undercut..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I just opened my daily dosage of F1 news. And guess what i read? Boullier is saying that Ferrari is not a threat for Mclaren at the upcoming GP. LMAO!
    We may suck, but not that much, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I just opened my daily dosage of F1 news. And guess what i read? Boullier is saying that Ferrari is not a threat for Mclaren at the upcoming GP. LMAO!
    We may suck, but not that much, geez.
    They are basing this on the fact that we were slower than Fernando in S3 at Barcelona, and that sector is the most representative of Monaco..

Is this the technical thread for the SF16?

It is clear Merc, RBR, McLaren cheated in tire pressures. And even McLaren has given a request to FIA to make this cheating legal, which has been rejected. So McLaren is comparing us in qualy in Spain with higher tire pressure. From this they have a conclusion they can beat us in Monaco.

Sorry to post this like this, but when i look at the race sectors, its quite funny
    http://www.fia.com/file/41717/download?token=c9jmqAcC

Race Best Sector Times
    © 2016 Formula One World Championship Ltd, 6 Princes Gate, London, SW7 1QJ, England.
    and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company.
    The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, F1 FIA FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX
    the results/data relate and provided that the copyright symbol appears together with the address shown below.
    without prior permission of the copyright holder except for reproduction in local/national/international daily press and regular printed publications on sale to the public within 90 days of the event to which
    No part of these results/data may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, broadcasting or otherwise
    FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2016 - Catalunya
    SECTOR 1
    POS NO DRIVER TIME
    1 5 S. VETTEL 24.050
    2 26 D. KVYAT 24.071
    3 33 M. VERSTAPPEN 24.217
    4 3 D. RICCIARDO 24.221
    5 8 R. GROSJEAN 24.224
    6 7 K. RAIKKONEN 24.234
    7 19 F. MASSA 24.242
    8 88 R. HARYANTO 24.301
    9 77 V. BOTTAS 24.367
    10 20 K. MAGNUSSEN 24.421
    11 21 E. GUTIERREZ 24.431
    12 9 M. ERICSSON 24.466
    13 55 C. SAINZ 24.500
    14 11 S. PEREZ 24.545
    15 12 F. NASR 24.558
    16 22 J. BUTTON 24.617
    17 30 J. PALMER 24.634
    18 14 F. ALONSO 24.792
    19 94 P. WEHRLEIN 24.953
    20 27 N. HULKENBERG 24.957
    SECTOR 2
    POS NO DRIVER TIME
    1 26 D. KVYAT 32.639
    2 5 S. VETTEL 33.071
    3 3 D. RICCIARDO 33.235
    4 19 F. MASSA 33.407
    5 20 K. MAGNUSSEN 33.457
    6 77 V. BOTTAS 33.498
    7 33 M. VERSTAPPEN 33.502
    8 7 K. RAIKKONEN 33.558
    9 8 R. GROSJEAN 33.727
    10 14 F. ALONSO 33.738
    11 12 F. NASR 33.748
    12 9 M. ERICSSON 33.798
    13 55 C. SAINZ 33.830
    14 11 S. PEREZ 33.843
    15 88 R. HARYANTO 33.865
    16 22 J. BUTTON 33.900
    17 30 J. PALMER 33.979
    18 21 E. GUTIERREZ 33.995
    19 94 P. WEHRLEIN 34.332
    20 27 N. HULKENBERG 34.591
    SECTOR 3
    POS NO DRIVER TIME
    1 26 D. KVYAT 30.238
    2 3 D. RICCIARDO 30.292
    3 5 S. VETTEL 30.495
    4 7 K. RAIKKONEN 30.519
    5 33 M. VERSTAPPEN 30.570
    6 9 M. ERICSSON 30.647
    7 19 F. MASSA 30.656
    8 20 K. MAGNUSSEN 30.677
    9 77 V. BOTTAS 30.801
    10 8 R. GROSJEAN 30.812
    11 55 C. SAINZ 30.911
    12 88 R. HARYANTO 31.047
    13 14 F. ALONSO 31.049
    14 11 S. PEREZ 31.067
    15 30 J. PALMER 31.124
    16 21 E. GUTIERREZ 31.181
    17 12 F. NASR 31.211
    18 22 J. BUTTON 31.230
    19 94 P. WEHRLEIN 31.255
    20 27 N. HULKENBERG 31.625

I agree with the McLaren fan wholeheartedly, and don't think it's funny at all. After last season, I honestly thought we wouldn't be farther than a few tenths behind Mercedes. The last race was truly embarrassing, despite the two podiums. BOTH of the Mercedes crashed out, and the best Ferrari could manage was being beaten by an 18 year-old in a Red Bull...

Disappointed Since 2010

Is this real race sector data. How Ericsson of sauber came 6 in sector 3. Even McLaren is last of list in third sector. And we are good than RBR in sector 3.

Our car has improved dramatically compared to last years its just that Merc were already ahead last year and improved again this year and they have a way of manipulating tyre pressures so the gap of a few tenths will always be there because it was there since last year. Our car improved not by a few tenths but by atleast a second and a half. Now in fomula 1 terms thats a huge improvement so lets not doubt our package and shoot it down when we have been doing things legally and other teams have been cheating the system of tyre pressures and that is making them look faster this year. We are struggling for grip not just because of aero but high pressures reducing surface contact with tarmac. Our car is very good and will continue to be good. You'd have to wonder how many tenths a 2 psi decrease in tyre pressure will give you and thats where other teams have been getting their so called improvements from and then they say Ferrari is not a theat and Ferrari is this and that when we have been doing things by the book. Just imagine if all teams ran the required tyre pressures, we will see a huge drop in perfomance. So lets not shoot down our car and have faith. Our turbo and updates will keep us above all these people. Merc is not far away. Is the team believe we are 0.1 behind then lets have faith in what they are saying because they have the data we dont. All the other teams are taking a shot at Ferrari because they know it will increase their publicity and get them sponsors which they desperately need. The sector times posted above show a different picture than what others are claiming so lets have faith peopl

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    Is this real race sector data. How Ericsson of sauber came 6 in sector 3. Even McLaren is last of list in third sector. And we are good than RBR in sector 3.
    It's race sector data, so it doesn't say to much.. Like Kvyat is high, because he has fastest lap because of late stop on fresh tyres.. We were stuck behind RBR for most of the race so..
    We were faster than RBR by a margin, we just screwed up qualy which cost us 1-2.. McLAren was 3th fastest team in qualy through S3

Where can I read about these drastic new rules for 2017?
    I have no idea whats involved and if they will make the cars look different/
    run faster....

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    ...we have been doing things legally and other teams have been cheating the system of tyre pressures...
    ...we have been doing things by the book...
    Nobody has ever won a championship by doing things "by the book". Formula 1 is about pushing the limit and being able to straddle the gray line of cheating. There is no moral victory for being the fastest car doing things the "right way". We have not pushed the boundaries of the rules for quite some time and it shows in our results.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Thx for posting this and great to have him back. He says we had a successful test in Barcelona trying to understand some of the qualy issues. Thats good to hear and now looking forward to Monaco.

Thx impaxtx

What if all this development program that Ferrari talks about is all a ruse to keep red bull and Mercedes working on this year while Ferrari is deep into next year program. We have barely seen any updates. While most teams are bringing in two sets of major updates while we have had a mildly tuned front and rear wings, changes to side pods. Mercedes has been bolting on updates every race. Marchione is a smart man, I don't think he would say something just for the sake of it. Mercedes themselves said they expected Ferrari to Bolt new bits in Melbourne but that never came.

Merc are no fools

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    What if all this development program that Ferrari talks about is all a ruse to keep red bull and Mercedes working on this year while Ferrari is deep into next year program. We have barely seen any updates. While most teams are bringing in two sets of major updates while we have had a mildly tuned front and rear wings, changes to side pods. Mercedes has been bolting on updates every race. Marchione is a smart man, I don't think he would say something just for the sake of it. Mercedes themselves said they expected Ferrari to Bolt new bits in Melbourne but that never came.
    That's 100% not the case.. We are still developing this years car, it's a fast car.. We are not there yet, but we have also been unfortunate, so it seems worse than last year but it is much better