Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2018 USA GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As vettel will serve penalty, he should do q2 quali on SS or S. Atleast try diff strategy n come back in the end.
    But to me all the session long, he’s been doing only US runs... huhhh pit strategy team
    this good idea
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hopefully mercs full beans go POP
    i like your thinking.....POP, POP, POP, BANG.....from their crappy Merc engine....from your mouth to GOD'S ears
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

could kimi get pole here? is it within his grasp? this could be his last race to win with ferrari seeing that he has pace here
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i like your thinking.....POP, POP, POP, BANG.....from their crappy Merc engine....from your mouth to GOD'S ears
    it rarely happens but when it does, its a good time for sure

Looking at mercs SS & US pace ... they might try SS in q2.

ferrari kings of FP3

could kimi get pole here? is it within his grasp? this could be his last race to win with ferrari seeing that he has pace here
    Car seems to be back on track...!! Just like 1st half. Don’t know wt happ these last 4-5races.

leclerc nice job Peee 7

Car seems to be back on track...!! Just like 1st half. Don’t know wt happ these last 4-5races.
    told you we can only use secret boost 3 times per engine , spa, monza, usa

leclerc nice job Peee 7
    His trademark position 7-8

ferrari kings of FP3
    NOPE.....the hamster is right there too.....and prolly not pushing to the limits either.....i hope i'm wrong though
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

NOPE.....the hamster is right there too.....and prolly not pushing to the limits either.....i hope i'm wrong though
    Yeah there’s some pace left in his lap...!!! The same goes to vet & kimi... I think there’s some chance for kimi & vettel.

so did we use the NEW floor in FP3 and for QUALI??????

or did we revert bsck to old stuff again

It seems it was the new one, but I can be wrong... hope not :)

so did we use the NEW floor in FP3 and for QUALI??????

or did we revert bsck to old stuff again
    Old one according to ted

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    It seems it was the new one, but I can be wrong... hope not :)
    i don't know, i overheard Paul Diresta at the end of FP3 saying that ferrari have reverted back to old floor for practice 3....so that means we'll run the old and NOT THE NEW in quali.....as they did not have enough data in FP1 and FP2 due to it being wet.....so they're not sure prolly if it's better then tne old one

i would have taken the risk and split it....put the new on one car and old on the other...... as we have nothing to lose at this point

Timo Glock: Did you guys find the reason why the car lacks speed during rain?

Vettel: "No!"

Vettel about why it‘s so difficult to find the reason why the car isn‘t performing during rain

"Due to the different kind of track conditions during rain, it‘s difficult to understand the measurements. It‘s like finding the needle in a haystack. That‘s why we don‘t know yet"

i don't know, i overheard Paul Diresta at the end of FP3 saying that ferrari have reverted back to old floor for practice 3....so that means we'll run the old and NOT THE NEW in quali.....as they did not have enough data in FP1 and FP2 due to it being wet.....so they're not sure prolly if it's better then tne old one

i would have taken the risk and split it....put the new on one car and old on the other...... as we have nothing to lose at this point
    yup, and i definitely think it was the old floor

Yeah there’s some pace left in his lap...!!! The same goes to vet & kimi... I think there’s some chance for kimi & vettel.
    kimi has a chance for pole and win here, lets see if he can get it

kimi has a chance for pole and win here, lets see if he can get it
    i hope he gets pole and wins.....since Vet will be 3 places down anyway....

so it would be nice if ferrai nails quali with a 1-2....so that way hamster will start P2,,,,,,,,i know, i know......wish full thinking.....

Let's see if these Mercs were sandbagging.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Vettel fastest but 2 tenths down on Raikkonen in sector 1 (25.216 vs 25.430)

Grosjean fastest in sector 1: 25.082

Max out

Max, broken right rear suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Max out
    And almost blamed the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max, broken right rear suspension.
    Out of Vettel's way I hope.

Gasly P7