Thread: Hungary GP 2017 visit

Hungary GP 2017 visit

Hi
    I'm thinking of going to the Hungarian GP this year.
    Can some of you give me some suggestions about which tickets to buy, how public transport is to the track, perhaps nice locations where there is the possibility to "meet" the drivers?
    How is the Thursday pit walk organised?

Kind regards

Kristof
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Wanted to go myself, but I had to take an early leave from work and now cant get one in that period. Have fun Kristof, maybe I can change something and go also. Please put some numbers on how much money it all costs, see if i need to save some up or i have enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Hi
    I'm thinking of going to the Hungarian GP this year.
    Can some of you give me some suggestions about which tickets to buy, how public transport is to the track, perhaps nice locations where there is the possibility to "meet" the drivers?
    How is the Thursday pit walk organised?

Kind regards

Kristof
    I am going regularly to Hungaroring since 1995. Trip is organized by tourist agency, but last 7-8 years I am going with my car (too old for bus ride ). We are usually staying at some 3 stars hotel, not so fancy but it is OK for the purpose of race weekend. Trip is organized to stay two nights (Friday on Saturday and Saturday on Sunday), but I am always staying one more night after the race to get rest. Those 3 nights with breakfast cost me around 110 EUR. At the track I am purchasing ticket for general admission. There are plenty of guys who sells tickets below regular price . As the race takes place in July it is always so hot. Ambient temperature is going beyond 40C!!! So you need good Sun protection creme, plenty of water, sunglasses and hat! I've never been there on Thursday, but friends told me it is well organized. Regarding transport to the track. There is official taxi, I think it is 30-40 EUR max, from and to the track from Budapest. Budapest is some 20Km from Hungaroring.
    On the race day close to the main gate, where drivers are coming to the race track there is like a paddock for fans who wants to take picture and/or autograph from drivers. For that you need to be really, like really early on the track to take best possible position. Last year I was on the track at 9 something, and it was flooded with people. So I have waited couple of tens of meters from that paddock, and took some decent pictures of almost all drivers and team managers.
    Of course I am going this year too
    If I forgot something and it comes to my mind I'll write you. You feel free to ask!

Stefa what would be the cost of the whole weekend? Of course an aproximation...

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Stefa what would be the cost of the whole weekend? Of course an aproximation...
    As I said I am booking hotel through agency, and they are getting it at lower price than if you would book it directly. Again hotel is not some ultra fancy one, but it is more than enough. Usually hotels are:
    Hotel Millennium
    Hotel Zuglo
    Hotel Polus

http://www.robinson.rs/formula-1/hun...oring-2017/284

This is the agency (friend of mine is the owner) whit whom I am going to Hungaroring since 1995. It is in Serbian, but you can see that weekend program (transport and hotel) is just 99 EUR. I am going with my car lately, and staying one more night so accommodation cost me 125 EUR. Regular price for 3 day ticket (general admission) is 90 EUR, but as I said we are buying tickets at the track from re-sellers , at cheaper price. My practice is that I am not going on Friday at the track. Using that day for rest and going to Budapest for let's say shopping. On Saturday I am on the track and depending from pricing those guys are re selling tickets, I am buying for 20-30 EUR just for Saturday, or 50-60 EUR for Saturday and Sunday. Simple math here is saying less than 200 EUR. Of-course you will spend some money on track, at the city....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As I said I am booking hotel through agency, and they are getting it at lower price than if you would book it directly. Again hotel is not some ultra fancy one, but it is more than enough. Usually hotels are:
    Hotel Millennium
    Hotel Zuglo
    Hotel Polus

http://www.robinson.rs/formula-1/hun...oring-2017/284

This is the agency (friend of mine is the owner) whit whom I am going to Hungaroring since 1995. It is in Serbian, but you can see that weekend program (transport and hotel) is just 99 EUR. I am going with my car lately, and staying one more night so accommodation cost me 125 EUR. Regular price for 3 day ticket (general admission) is 90 EUR, but as I said we are buying tickets at the track from re-sellers , at cheaper price. My practice is that I am not going on Friday at the track. Using that day for rest and going to Budapest for let's say shopping. On Saturday I am on the track and depending from pricing those guys are re selling tickets, I am buying for 20-30 EUR just for Saturday, or 50-60 EUR for Saturday and Sunday. Simple math here is saying less than 200 EUR. Of-course you will spend some money on track, at the city....
    Thanks for the info. Very useful. Expected to be more expensive. To get everything done with 300 EUR is great. Of course i will adapt to my country, but we are neighbours with Hungary so it should be ok. Again thanks Stefa

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Thanks for the info. Very useful. Expected to be more expensive. To get everything done with 300 EUR is great. Of course i will adapt to my country, but we are neighbours with Hungary so it should be ok. Again thanks Stefa
    You are welcome. Glad to help.

I have got Germany visa for an onsite project from my company. which includes Hungary Budapest visit too (client place).
    But when i don't know when that visit exactly would be

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I have got Germany visa for an onsite project from my company. which includes Hungary Budapest visit too (client place).
    But when i don't know when that visit exactly would be
    Be sure to be in Budapest on 30th of July

Be sure to be in Budapest on 30th of July
    I think it's not possible stefa. Lot of places to travel for the sake of project.
    Hannover, Hungary Budapest, then to some other place which i'm unable to recollect it.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think it's not possible stefa. Lot of places to travel for the sake of project.
    Hannover, Hungary Budapest, then to some other place which i'm unable to recollect it.
    Would really be a shame if you miss it....

Would really be a shame if you miss it....
    Get me a freelance job in Germany stefa
    I'll leave the current client & then I can watch the race, before joining new client.

I am going regularly to Hungaroring since 1995. Trip is organized by tourist agency, but last 7-8 years I am going with my car (too old for bus ride ). We are usually staying at some 3 stars hotel, not so fancy but it is OK for the purpose of race weekend. Trip is organized to stay two nights (Friday on Saturday and Saturday on Sunday), but I am always staying one more night after the race to get rest. Those 3 nights with breakfast cost me around 110 EUR. At the track I am purchasing ticket for general admission. There are plenty of guys who sells tickets below regular price . As the race takes place in July it is always so hot. Ambient temperature is going beyond 40C!!! So you need good Sun protection creme, plenty of water, sunglasses and hat! I've never been there on Thursday, but friends told me it is well organized. Regarding transport to the track. There is official taxi, I think it is 30-40 EUR max, from and to the track from Budapest. Budapest is some 20Km from Hungaroring.
    On the race day close to the main gate, where drivers are coming to the race track there is like a paddock for fans who wants to take picture and/or autograph from drivers. For that you need to be really, like really early on the track to take best possible position. Last year I was on the track at 9 something, and it was flooded with people. So I have waited couple of tens of meters from that paddock, and took some decent pictures of almost all drivers and team managers.
    Of course I am going this year too
    If I forgot something and it comes to my mind I'll write you. You feel free to ask!
    Stefa, how would you rate the general admission? I looked up a bit, but the general admission area seems rather small.. Is there good visibility, are there TV screens?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Stefa, how would you rate the general admission? I looked up a bit, but the general admission area seems rather small.. Is there good visibility, are there TV screens?
    I have been on couple of tibuns around the track through the years, and on couple of places in GA. I can tell you that GA is not small at all. Actually it goes around the whole track. My place for watching race is one marked with red X on picture of the map. The other picture is mine phote from that place. It is rather way from the track, but becauze you are standing on a higher ground you get to see a great part of the circuit. You will notice on the map that below X is SILVER 2 tribune. In front of it there is a screen. From the place where I am watching the race, you get to see it quite well, but to read times and other notice you need binoculars (I am taking mine every year ). It used to be crowdy, but in later couple of years it is not

Can anyone (who has been to the Hungarian GP) help me with this:
    I read there is a pit lane walk on Thursday, however I read mixed info about whether the drivers come out for signing or not. I know at other tracks there is a pitlane walk where drivers are "obliged" to come out for a few minutes and do signings. Is this the case at Hungary?
    Are there any other autograph sessions?

Would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this.

Also what's the best way to get to the track if you don't have a car?

Can anyone (who has been to the Hungarian GP) help me with this:
    I read there is a pit lane walk on Thursday, however I read mixed info about whether the drivers come out for signing or not. I know at other tracks there is a pitlane walk where drivers are "obliged" to come out for a few minutes and do signings. Is this the case at Hungary?
    Are there any other autograph sessions?

Would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this.

Also what's the best way to get to the track if you don't have a car?
    Kristof,

Here is useful link with info on how to get to the track if you don't go by car:

http://f1destinations.com/getting-ar...f1-grand-prix/

I'll ask friend of mine regarding pit walk on Thursday. I know she is going to Hungaroring for years now on Thursday for taking pictures and taking autographs.

Thanks Stefa! Looking forward to hear from you

Thanks Stefa! Looking forward to hear from you
    Kristof,

I've just spoke to her. Simple answer is YES . Drivers are sitting behind desk and pationaly taking pictures and autographs whatever. But you'll need huge amount of patience, as she is telling to me that there is a huge crowd.

Kristof,

I've just spoke to her. Simple answer is YES . Drivers are sitting behind desk and pationaly taking pictures and autographs whatever. But you'll need huge amount of patience, as she is telling to me that there is a huge crowd.
    Stefa,
    Can you get me some more info about the when and where of this organised signing session? Also can you ask her recommendation about when to get there to be good on time and have a chance?

Thanks in advance

Stefa,
    Can you get me some more info about the when and where of this organised signing session? Also can you ask her recommendation about when to get there to be good on time and have a chance?

Thanks in advance
    Kristof,

Thursday pit walk starts at 17:00. Somewhere around begining of start/finish straight is a place where all drivers are sitting behind desk and supporters are waiting to take a phote and autograph something. She said it is really crowded and one has to have really patience for that

Here you can see it is at that time also this year

https://www.hungaroinfo.com/formel1/program_en.htm

Kristof,

Thursday pit walk starts at 17:00. Somewhere around begining of start/finish straight is a place where all drivers are sitting behind desk and supporters are waiting to take a phote and autograph something. She said it is really crowded and one has to have really patience for that

Here you can see it is at that time also this year

https://www.hungaroinfo.com/formel1/program_en.htm
    Great, thank you for your help!