Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2021 : Race

That champagne is called FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Sounds like you're on the wrong forum.
    What, do you really think a McLaren 1-2 is better for us instead of them being 2-3 ???

I think Ferrari doesn't even care for that 3rd place anymore. The only reason they push this engine update is because they want to test it for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Sainz is fine, he is still coming to grips with the car. And Leclerc is an absolute ace. Which is what we should hope for, because if Leclerc isn't an ace, we aren't going to win any champsionships with Norris, Verstappen, and Russell in top cars.
    Sobering thought, that.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    We need to raise our game basically. We were sitting ducks on those straights.
    And we didn't maximize our points on tracks we were supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    And we didn't maximize our points on tracks we were supposed to.
    That's part of the game. Indeed McLaren was luckier than us so far.

Can't believe that Damon Hill is accusing max of taking Lewis out on purpose
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Racing Incident.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Dutch media is blaming Ham, British media is blaming Max, hardly surprising.

To me, it was a "avoidable" incident with 60% of the fault falls on Ham. Comes out of pitstop, cuts across the track and goes left in order to block Max and doesn't left him any room whatsoever. If Ham expected Max to back out, then he's a even bigger fool. Max will never back out, especially after the episodes at Silverstone.

Looking at that objectively we had the fourth fastest car and we finished 4th and 6th when you'd of said without incident we'd be 7th and 8th so we have to take what we can. Looking to Russia we will struggle in S1 and S2 but I wouldn't be surprised to see us right there in S3. Then we should enjoy some better results after Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Dutch media is blaming Ham, British media is blaming Max, hardly surprising.

To me, it was a "avoidable" incident with 60% of the fault falls on Ham. Comes out of pitstop, cuts across the track and goes left in order to block Max and doesn't left him any room whatsoever. If Ham expected Max to back out, then he's a even bigger fool. Max will never back out, especially after the episodes at Silverstone.
    Blaming for a racing incident is expected.
    But Toto Wolf saying its a "professional foul"
    and Damon Hill saying he thinks Max took Lewis out.

its too far imo
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Is there any benefit of finishing P4 in constructors this year - like more CFD time, wind tunnel, $$ to spend next year? Because from the look of things from outside, seems we are not going to fight for P3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Looking at that objectively we had the fourth fastest car and we finished 4th and 6th when you'd of said without incident we'd be 7th and 8th so we have to take what we can. Looking to Russia we will struggle in S1 and S2 but I wouldn't be surprised to see us right there in S3. Then we should enjoy some better results after Russia.
    You'll be pleasantly surprised with Ferrari's performance at Sochi. Sochi is full of 90 degree corners and require good low speed balance and traction, especially the final sector.

Charles, as always, will be mighty and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he qualifies on the 2nd row. Hopefully Sainz will be able to stay close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    Is there any benefit of finishing P4 in constructors this year - like more CFD time, wind tunnel, $$ to spend next year? Because from the look of things from outside, seems we are not going to fight for P3 this year.
    I think Binotto said the extra time in the wind tunnel only resulted in like an extra session ultimately..I think it's probably a bit over rated. Anyhow we are still in the hunt for 3rd in the constructors..this weekend and Russia are not our circuits but I don't think it's fair to dismiss us off the back of them either.

Why not give both 5-place penalties?

At Sochi that might even give Charles a front row, who knows?

Blaming for a racing incident is expected.
    But Toto Wolf saying its a "professional foul"
    and Damon Hill saying he thinks Max took Lewis out.

its too far imo
    For me it looks like…. Ham is defending as hard as he can & Max is aggressive by not giving it up.
    Ham left enough space, but max hit the chicane & got bumped into Lewis rear end of the car.

Max might get penalty for next race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Why not give both 5-place penalties?

At Sochi that might even give Charles a front row, who knows?
    Even with their penalty they will eat us quickly. Our engine is weak. Need to wait for next year, I hope we can give nightmares to Mercs & RB again.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I think Ferrari doesn't even care for that 3rd place anymore. The only reason they push this engine update is because they want to test it for 2022.
    Yup there’s no point finishing 3rd or 4th. If it Is about prize money, Ferrari do have enough.

Next year ferrari should be on top. Give these guys (leclerc & sainz) a car capable of Fighting championship. Rest they will take care.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Even with their penalty they will eat us quickly. Our engine is weak. Need to wait for next year, I hope we can give nightmares to Mercs & RB again.
    Sochi's S3 suits our car perfectly and the final two turns disturb aero a lot while tyres are easy to keep in shape. If we somehow manage to get okay track position there it'll be alright.

Ferrari race pace was very good on most power hungry track. Very close to McLaren.

Point 1. Ferrari struggles to get tyre temp on when they switch to Hards.

Point 2. On mediums they have great pace. As the season went on I noticed one thing, there is improvement in Tyre deg. Atleast on sainz car, they were able to extend the stints on this mediums for long.

Point 3. We improved our Power unit, not the best yet. Only 3rd fastest compared to Merc & RB.

Point 4. Our aero looks good.

Point 5. We still struggle on Full Wet/ Intermediate tyres.

Hopefully next season, we see a Ferrari car 1-2 finish in Monza.

3 place penalty for rat face at the next race......but nothing to do with Ferrari so whatever.

Never been a Mclaren supporter but it was their day today, it hurt us big-time in the constructors though. Hard to swallow at Monza of all places. Charles did his best as he always does but the hards don't work so well on the SF21. Could have been a lot worse, shame Carlos dropped back too much, he would have been P5 after Perez's penalty. Compared to last year, this was a decent result. As for Max and HAM, they put on a great show with thankfully no injuries. They deserve each other.

Told you earlier, it was max mistake & penalty was coming.

He receives 3 place penalty for next race. Lucky Max, got only 3 place i thought it’s a 5 place as similar to bottas taking away max last race.

Charles and Carlos did the best they could, no fault in them this weekend. Bottas was strapped to an actual rocket ship it seemed and when the other Merc motored cards clipped at the end of the pit straight, his car seemed not to - that was the secret how he made most of those passes.

Max is extremely lucky to get only 3 place penalty, thought the norm was five places. But I still think there is fault in both drivers and it could have been deemed as racing incident.

Stewards say Max made his move too late and was therefore not entitled to have space left for him...seriously LOL I am struggling to understand that reasoning?
    Forza Ferrari

After this ridiculous penalty for Max, no one can not tell me that FIA and every one else are not biased towards Mercedes and LH?!?!??!

Discipline will be Max's down fall the championship is his to loose.As for ferrari its a year that will be recognised as a year of consolidation at best.

Hill is still bitter about 94.

Just read that Max has a 3 place drop next time. Personally I thought it was a racing incident, both drivers to blame, both could have avoided it but it seems the stewards just love sending out a message that people should not race goldenboy, just move aside and let him win. That's what the FIA wants.
    Last edited by Redfive; 12th September 2021 at 17:33. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    After this ridiculous penalty for Max, no one can not tell me that FIA and every one else are not biased towards Mercedes and LH?!?!??!
    I have been saying it for years…complete joke this sport is. Max did not deserve a penalty for that incident. The FIA will do absolutely anything to gift Hamilton as many race wins and championships as possible. The sport is losing credibility by the day. How much longer do we need to put up with this Ham-FIA-Merc-Pirelli show? What a sham.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~