Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 ABU DHABI GRAN PRIX - RACE

I like it how ALL lewis lovers , crofty....etc....are all deflated taht their man did not win this race.....ha, ha...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

why did they want a new logo anyway? is just change for the sake of change?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    That logo is disgusting
    i totally agree mate....as that wsa my first impression when i first seen it....BUT at least F1 it's all RED....that is something to like....and maybe it's a tale, tale taht Ferrari will win the championships next season..
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    prolly imposed by Liberty.....since they ARE the new owners of F1

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i totally agree mate....as that wsa my first impression when i first seen it....BUT at least F1 it's all RED....that is something to like....and maybe it's a tale, tale taht Ferrari will win the championships next season..
    Final touch of breaking off with B. Eclestone

Just now saw F2 race Charles Leclerc just did outstanding race. That move on the final lap was simply mind-blowing.

This guy got immense talent n passion. Surely should give a chance in Haas team rather than sauber.

He's 100 times better than Gros n K-Mag for sure.

Kimi said in the post-race interview that he was fuel saving the entire race. Seemed pretty deflated saying that its not racing having to save fuel like that. Maybe thats why we were so off the pace today?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Kimi said in the post-race interview that he was fuel saving the entire race. Seemed pretty deflated saying that its not racing having to save fuel like that. Maybe thats why we were so off the pace today?
    At earlier race I said, this new spec engine from Ferrari is too thirsty. They are not running at full power, pretty conservative mode. Also it's bad move by FIA to introduce such rules in mid season.
    May be this is the reason sassi was removed.

The want to get rid of any trace of the Ecclestone era. I hope they get rid of CH too.

Result was as expected, pretty boring race and that track is rubbish apart from the apparent glitz. I didn't think we'd be able to stay with the Mercs let alone pass them and so it proved, but I suppose 3rd and 4th is better than nothing. We seriously still seem to lack power against the Mercs, and having to fuel-save as well is just ridiculous. There are so many ways F1 could be improved if only they'd listen to us, the fans, and Brundle and the Sky guys at least made sensible observations and suggestions, as did Brawn. There was nothing wrong with the logo either, but changes of more importance are surely due to return the current Formula Mercedes back into a proper racing series. Roll on 2018, anyway.

Well, we must say the season finales are very bad for Ferrari.
    2008 - lost it at the final corner.
    2009 - borefest and Ferrari nowhere.
    2010 - lost it from strategy.
    2011 - borefest and Ferrari nowhere near first.
    2012 - at least it was exciting but lost it in the end.
    2013 - RB miles ahead.
    2014 - Ferrari nowhere.
    2015 - Ferrari nowhere.
    2016 - Vettel tried but still Mercedes 1-2.
    2017 - borefest and Ferrari nowhere near leaders.

FerrariSteve Guest
    What a mind-numbingly boring race.
    How that track gets to be the last of the season I don't know, it's utter tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    What a mind-numbingly boring race.
    How that track gets to be the last of the season I don't know, it's utter tripe.
    Exactly

Ric criticized kimi of his performances this season....During post race reaction.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ric criticized kimi of his performances this season....During post race reaction.

All he said was,
    "If I'm brutally honest, with that car he should have been a long way in front in the championship. So, yeah, I don't think it's a big deal."
    he's right. Both drivers had 4 DNF's all season up to this race.....after the race, Ricci had 5.

I promised to stay away from here after that I wrote that The Scuderia would only win one race this season, and then Vettel won in Bahrain (2nd win). I think I wrote one or two posts after that anyway. But I think it's safe for me to return now since the 2017 season is over (racing for points). I was wrong. Five wins is still the best result in this V6 Turbo era even though two wins came because of misfortune happening to Lewis (Monaco and Brazil).

So what can be said other than that? It's still ended like all the previous seasons under this formula. But yes, it was a step forward and the suspense was enhanced in the first part of the season because Merc had trouble with the tyres and The Scuderia had made progress in all areas over the winter. Even if we remove all the errors and crashes Lewis would still end up as WDC and Merc as WCC. Prost came closer to winning in 1990, Felipe in 2008 and Alonso came just as close in 2010. Not to forget Irvine in 1999. So there are no sour grapes from at least me. It was always going to end like this.

On a personal level I'm always impressed by Seb! Super season anyway you look at it. Beating one of the Mercs is huge, even though Bottas is no Rosberg. Five wins are five wins and there were other drives as well. Very happy for Kimi for finishing 4th in WDC and passing Ricciardo in the last race. It was nice to see that clown Ricciardio scoring a DNF today. So many races that he has destroyed for Kimi over the years.

Future of F1? Not looking good. I feel that I'm only going to watch the next three seasons (maybe) and that will be it. The 2021 rumored engine changes are going to kill F1. For me it's not about "dumbing" down the V6 Turbos. I want F1 to return to V8's or a free engine formula like in the end of the 80s/early 90s. Since that is not looking to happen then I'm out. I will follow this formula through but then I'll get off. Liberty is going to massacre Formula 1 and Brawn will be part of it. If it's going the way it looks like then The Scuderia might get out as well and start their own category. No point in playing in "NASCAR globally".

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Today’s result is far from ideal, but it’s worth noting that, on a track like this, the only real overtaking opportunities are at the start of the race and during pit-stops. Unfortunately, the true potential of the SF70H was only visible in the closing stages of the race. The whole team, here and at Maranello, gave its best as usual. Now we’re already looking forward, with humility and determination, and we’re fully focused on 2018.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I was pretty lonely for most of the race, trying to save a bit of fuel in the first part of the final stint. It was not very exciting, but that’s how it goes sometimes! The results have been worse than they could have been, but in the end we weren’t strong enough. However, it’s against the spirit of Ferrari to give up. I am sure we have a lot of things to improve and the people are very motivated. So, I am looking forward to next season. We had our chances and we took them, but we also made little mistakes here and there and I am sure they won’t happen anymore. I think we didn’t lose the Championship in any particular race; you just race and collect all the points, and in our case we didn’t have enough. I promise to push next year and do my best together with the whole team, and then we’ll see. This year we improved massively on the car; the chassis has been really strong since the first day. We made some major steps on the engine, but we still need to find some more power compared to our competitors. However, the most important thing is to focus on where we want to be as a team.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Today my car felt pretty good most of the time, but to be honest, my race was boring. I was fuel saving for most of the time. In my view this has nothing to do with racing, but rules are rules. There’s nothing you can do, you keep lifting halfway through the straights, 200 meters before the braking point and the guy behind has to do the same. It’s painful not able to push your car when you have the potential to do it. It looks close, but it’s not a fight. I held Verstappen behind me and at the same time I was saving enough fuel to be legal. In some race tracks you have to do it more than in others and it’s not very exciting. Overall this year we would have liked to do a lot better, as we had a pretty strong package; we just need to fix and minimize all the issues. Next year, it will be a different story with a different car, and we’ll start from zero. We want to improve in all areas and go faster.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Thanks for the pics Rob.

So just some clarification, during these next 4 loooooooooong boring months of ZERO F1 where would you like us to post the Winter testing and any news related. Here on the Abu Dhabi GP or can we make a thread called something in the ballpark of "Testing and News: The Boring Season."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    All he said was,

he's right. Both drivers had 4 DNF's all season up to this race.....after the race, Ricci had 5.
    Surprised by this statement as Ricciardo is usually a good guy and he doesnt make comments like this. Its disrespectful towards Kimi and RBR. Of course Raikkonen did not have a great season, but that was a free shot. Lets not forget how Ricciardo won his race, everybody else being taken out. Must be getting frustrated that Max is beating him easily lately.

Ricciardo is in a state of shock knowing Max is the next in line for any team he chooses. He's to be forgiven. Drinking from a shoe doesn't help either.

does Ric want Kimi's seat?

does Ric want Kimi's seat?
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep
    thought so, he misses Seb

thought so, he misses Seb
    i think more like he wants to TRASH him in the same machinery.......Richiardo is NO kimi.........and using the same machinery at his disposal, i think he would put Seb in it's place....

To Ricc, yeah Kimi didn’t have a good season but to be honest - in all of Kimi’s 4 DNFs he was ahead of Dr, who profited from them. The only time DR was ahead of Kimi when he DNFd was today. So that’s the main reason DR was ahead in points before this race.

Let the future begin bigger and brighter next season.

I made a few changes to the new F1 logo and I think it would've looked much better like this...

KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Here are the final standing of the F1 2017 season with who did what and when.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPojg82WkAABfh1.jpg