Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

TBH I wouldn't mind should Ferrari bring Hamilton to our team. Vettel against Hamilton on the same car could be an epic battle.

Bring on 2019!

apparently some of Ham's fans think he will retire this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    apparently some of Ham's fans think he will retire this year.
    That's wishful thinking!! And I'm all for giving young drivers from the FDA a chance as #2 driver in the mother team, but it looks as if next year's line-up will stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    However if you want to replace KR with LH thats a different story.

Get rid of Kimi! Comming in 1st or 2nd is not enough. He needs to intentionally drop back say to 6th , then come back up to the front a few times or have a rest in the pit , then get back up front. Only then can Kimi be recognized as a not too old has been, or a disinteresred Ferrari driver. For Ferrari fans that dislike Seb, well there's Verstappen as a teamate. He will for sure keep Seb and his ride in harms way .[/QUOTE]

Kimi is not consistent. He loses interest and unless its contract renewal time or SM calls him names, he DOES look disinterested. Its not about age. Its about drive, which frankly i dont think Kimi has. There is no question that he is fast. Maybe even as fast as Seb is, but he doesnt have the same drive that the others show.

As for Max V, he will be a fantastic choice. Sure, hes young now and will make a few judgemental errors, but he is one of the most talented guys right now and we should get him as soon as we can get him to break that RBR contract. (i couldnt care less how Seb feels about that)
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Lewis may be the fastest driver out there but he would not be good for the marque!!
    Apart from the dogged insistence of the British press, I've not seen any evidence that Lewis is 'the fastest driver out there'. If Bottas had not had a car failure in Spain he and Lewis would be in a virtual tie for points at present. And that's with Mercedes openly favoring HAM over BOT this season.

That would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Apart from the dogged insistence of the British press, I've not seen any evidence that Lewis is 'the fastest driver out there'. If Bottas had not had a car failure in Spain he and Lewis would be in a virtual tie for points at present. And that's with Mercedes openly favoring HAM over BOT this season.
    According to this post lewis & Bottas almost in a virtual tie for points clearly shows Merc favoring Lewis ?? Bottas almost in a virtual tie with Lewis, their #1 world champion, for points, openly shows no favoring either driver, if anything , Bottas is getting the better treatment. He for sure is not being Rubenized by Merc.

According to this post lewis & Bottas almost in a virtual tie for points clearly shows Merc favoring Lewis ?? Bottas almost in a virtual tie with Lewis, their #1 world champion, for points, openly shows no favoring either driver, if anything , Bottas is getting the better treatment. He for sure is not being Rubenized by Merc.

What's the logic behind those assertions? "Bottas almost in a virtual tie with Lewis, their #1 world champion, for points, openly shows no favoring either driver". Have you actually followed the races this year? Merc have blatantly favored HAM over BOT from the first race of the season. The fact that the two are so close, even with Bottas' DNF and the favoritism towards Lewis (from the FIA as well as from Merc) simply points to Lewis not being the peerless driver he's alleged to be.

What's the logic behind those assertions? "Bottas almost in a virtual tie with Lewis, their #1 world champion, for points, openly shows no favoring either driver". Have you actually followed the races this year? Merc have blatantly favored HAM over BOT from the first race of the season. The fact that the two are so close, even with Bottas' DNF and the favoritism towards Lewis (from the FIA as well as from Merc) simply points to Lewis not being the peerless driver he's alleged to be.
    There is no logic ... don't try to find any... lol
    We can all agree to the simple fact that Bottas is the living proof that Ham is nothing special and just move on.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

+1
    I made a bit of a mistake here "may" should have read like this. I was trying to be cynical.
    I totally agree with your post.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    There is no logic ... don't try to find any... lol
    We can all agree to the simple fact that Bottas is the living proof that Ham is nothing special and just move on.
    Lewis is nothing special for sure! 3x champion, 119 podiums, 67 poles so far in 199 starts. Schumy needed a return to F1 after retirement, and 306 starts to achieve 68 poles. As of the last race Bottas has proved those stats are nothing, just move on! Oh ! and not to mention Lewis hair style compared to Bottas!

Hamilton is way overrated, Bottas has bested him enough times in the first half season already and he is the no.2 driver by mercs.

Mercs car is the only reason hamilton has so much accomplishments

Hamilton is not overrated, Bottas is underrated. He was a dominant driver through his years in Williams. As a youngster he beat Ricciardo on Formula Renault 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Hamilton is not overrated, Bottas is underrated. He was a dominant driver through his years in Williams. As a youngster he beat Ricciardo on Formula Renault 2.0.
    In his whole F1 career Hamilton has only outclassed one teammate - the very weak Kovalainen. He basically tied Button during their time at McLaren, then delivered a similar performance to Rosberg when paired with him, and now is doing the same again with Bottas. So either Bottas, Rosberg, and Button were/are top-tier drivers (which nobody ever claimed for them prior to now) or Hamilton is overated.

As a youngster Mark Webber beat Fernando Alonso in Formula 2000.
    Last edited by Fireblade; 6th August 2017 at 15:51.

Lewis is nothing special for sure! 3x champion, 119 podiums, 67 poles so far in 199 starts. Schumy needed a return to F1 after retirement, and 306 starts to achieve 68 poles. As of the last race Bottas has proved those stats are nothing, just move on! Oh ! and not to mention Lewis hair style compared to Bottas!
    Yes, let's pretend that spending several years driving by far the most dominant cars in the history of F1 played no part in those results. Even the 2017 Merc (8 of 11 pole positions and 6 of 11 victories) is a dominant car by normal standards, it only seems competitive compared to the Mercs of 2014-16.

You need to get over whatever issues you have with Schumacher.
    It is unhealthy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It is unhealthy.
    "the broken record" concept in display :)

Every driver is over rated by most on here until they drive for Ferrari
    Forza Ferrari

It is unhealthy.

I know the pole comparison is a killer indeed. But fans need to get over whatever issues they have with Lewis, it's also unhealthy. He's a true champion driver. Ok he's the only champion driver that ever had a top car to get him ahead of the pack. Most other true champions made it with inferior cars , ex. like the bombs Ferrari put out during the winning years, far inferior to all the othe cars. If a driver has a supierior car he should indeed not be recognized as a top driver. Just lucky to have the right car. No real skill involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Every driver is over rated by most on here until they drive for Ferrari
    Well played.

I remember HATING Alonso when I was rooting for Schumi in 05 & 06. I remember HATING Lewis when I was rooting for Kimi in 07 & 08. I remember HATING Vettel when I was rooting for Alonso in 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14.

Point is, if they drive for Ferrari - and bring home solid performances for the TEAM that we all love, a lot can be forgiven.

Vettel has Ferrari to thank for many of his fans. He was very disliked in his redbull days. I remember him getting boo'd regularly. Now even after running into the sports superstar he gets cheered the loudest in London of all places... simply not possible without Ferrari. And this is coming from a Vettel fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Well played.

I remember HATING Alonso when I was rooting for Schumi in 05 & 06. I remember HATING Lewis when I was rooting for Kimi in 07 & 08. I remember HATING Vettel when I was rooting for Alonso in 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14.

Point is, if they drive for Ferrari - and bring home solid performances for the TEAM that we all love, a lot can be forgiven.

Vettel has Ferrari to thank for many of his fans. He was very disliked in his redbull days. I remember him getting boo'd regularly. Now even after running into the sports superstar he gets cheered the loudest in London of all places... simply not possible without Ferrari. And this is coming from a Vettel fan.
    Too true. I also remember hating Kimi in 2003 when he was so close to MS. Never really liked Alo even when he was driving for us but as long as he brought the team points and wins I was happy because in the end that's all that matters.

One thing i can stay true to is Kimi is my favorite f1 racer just because he is genuine. Ferrari is my team for life and will never change till the day i die.

The media keeps speculating that Vettel wants a 1 year deal, the truth will come out in a few weeks i guess:

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...r-ferrari-deal

Disliking a driver untill the become Ferrari drivers is quite normal. Alonso and Seb big time! Once there in Red they deserve our fan appreciation for both team and driver. I remember clearly here how well liked and respected Rubens was by 99% of the fans here, the whole time with Ferrari. I think I was the only1%er. He was even mocked for driving for pay! " Twobins, the moaner, crybaby, pensioner. Rubens actually, really drove for Ferrari, there were 4 drivers!!! Todt, Ross, Schumy and a T car to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    The media keeps speculating that Vettel wants a 1 year deal, the truth will come out in a few weeks i guess:

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...r-ferrari-deal
    If it is a one year deal, it seems to verify that Vettel is off to Mercedes in 2019. It would be a shame and I'd be sad to see him go, but hopefully we have Leclerc in the car by then. He is the future.

If all he wants is a 1 year deal.... I say Kimi & Leclerc for 2018. Why cave on the 3 year deal? There's no where to go in 2018 and Ferrari should demand loyalty. 3 years or walk. Mercedes isn't going to be a guarantee front runner when engine rules change again.

The only problem I have with Hamilton's records are that they were done with a car that was not allowed any competition. Personally 2014-2015 should have asterisks behind them. Teams were stuck with engines that they could not develop so in essence, Mercedes didn't have any competition other than themselves.

I know the pole comparison is a killer indeed. But fans need to get over whatever issues they have with Lewis, it's also unhealthy. He's a true champion driver. Ok he's the only champion driver that ever had a top car to get him ahead of the pack. Most other true champions made it with inferior cars , ex. like the bombs Ferrari put out during the winning years, far inferior to all the othe cars. If a driver has a supierior car he should indeed not be recognized as a top driver. Just lucky to have the right car. No real skill involved.
    I honestly don't care about the pole comparison.
    But the titles he has achieved have been on a car that was unbeatable.
    I see no excellence beyond compare this year, he has to be a cry baby to have Bottas to give him room, and even with that, Bottas is still a viable threat and under circumstances he could get the WDC if Seb does not get it.

I prefer to compare a driver to his co-driver, and this comparison, this year, on the same car goes to show that he is nothing really special; especially if you take into account that Bottas just joined the team whereas Hamilton is already a number of years in Mercedes.

Maybe Bottas is better than you believe?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe Bottas is better than you believe?
    As were Rosberg and Button, apparently. Either all of Hamiltons team-mates were better than believed, or Hamilton is not as good as believed.