Thread: FIA Finalises 2026 F1 engine rules - and porposing changes for 2023

FIA Finalises 2026 F1 engine rules - and porposing changes for 2023

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-fia-world-motor-sport-council-approves-power-unit-regulations-for.495Jt6I1pAAsytVVYjz2Z5.html

Also

2022 and 2023 porpoising and roll hoop regulations approved

The WMSC also approved changes to the 2022 and 2023 Technical Regulations, designed to address both the issue of aerodynamic porpoising and of safety standards for roll hoops.
    With regards to porpoising, it has now been approved that from this month's Belgian Grand Prix until the end of the season, there will be changes to re-define the stiffness requirements of the plank and skids around the thickness measurement holes on the cars – in addition to the changes already signalled by a Technical Directive issued to the teams ahead of the summer break.

From 2023, meanwhile, the following changes will be made:

• The floor edges will be raised by 15mm
    • The diffuser throat height will be raised
    • The diffuser edge stiffness will be increased
    • An additional sensor will be mandated to monitor the porpoising phenomenon more effectively
    Forza Ferrari

So the question now remains, who will benefit from all these floor changes??? My bet is on Merc….they played their cards right and got their wishes…. Thank you FIA

Binotto said it was too late to make changes and any changes proposed now would be unfair... he also said he would fight any changes. My gut feeling is that Mercedes already knew about this for sometime.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Binotto said it was too late to make changes and any changes proposed now would be unfair... he also said he would fight any changes. My gut feeling is that Mercedes already knew about this for sometime.
    WHY you may ask??? is because Merc and FIA go hand in hand....they desperately want Luise to win that 8th WDC to break Michael records.....so g sad if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    WHY you may ask??? is because Merc and FIA go hand in hand....they desperately want Luise to win that 8th WDC to break Michael records.....so sad if you ask me
    I think Hamilton is getting closer to forced retirement... there are a lot of rumors going on about this for it to be just sensationalism...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

While Ferrari (one way or the other) was saying that they would fight proposed changes, in the end, they did (as usual) , nothing.

We need to wait what we'll see at Spa, but I suspect that we're in for a big disappointment.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

We will be just fine in Spa engine upgrade will be there more powerful reliability in question but who cares let's throw everything in for the 2nd half let's just say boom or bust.Mercedes will still be behind sure they have closed but the margin was way to large to suddenly upset the top two teams .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    We will be just fine in Spa engine upgrade will be there more powerful reliability in question but who cares let's throw everything in for the 2nd half let's just say boom or bust.Mercedes will still be behind sure they have closed but the margin was way to large to suddenly upset the top two teams .
    I’m afraid it’s already BUST for Ferrari this season.... Maxipad has 80 points advantage and all he needs to do is come in second for the remaining races with Charles winning them all and he will STILL win the championship

Of course there are reliability that could hamper them, but as of late it was Ferrari that had the worse reliability...so yeah, I think I’d have more chances to win 6/49 than Charles has to win the WDC this year

Ferrari better concentrate on 2023 now with the unexpected rules changes....gotta thank Merc and FIA for that...��

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    While Ferrari (one way or the other) was saying that they would fight proposed changes, in the end, they did (as usual) , nothing.

We need to wait what we'll see at Spa, but I suspect that we're in for a big disappointment.
    Lot's of rumours that Perez has been running a spa legal floor and that is why is pace has dropped.
    Forza Ferrari

That's what's happens when you stop cheating...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

2026 Formula regulations simplified from various sites.

2026 F1 power unit regs are out. Summary, the same layout and power output (~1000hp).
    But new; eFuel, less fuel flow, and greater ERS-K, to compensate for the loss of combustion power, the ERS-H & Variable trumpets.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...339331/photo/1

This means we keep the power, but more will come from the hybrid system, not quite 50/50.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...059137/photo/1

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...059137/photo/2

Without the MGUH and variable trumpets the combustion engine will be more laggy. With the reduced fuel flow exhaust-flaming hot antilag strategies won't be practical. Cold antilag and using the added output from the MGUK will be required.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...408391/photo/1

Energy recovery will be lost from the lack of the MGUH, which means everything needs to be recovered from the rear axle under braking. Rear brakes will hardly be necessary.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...001728/photo/1

Another graphic.

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/sta...227713/photo/1

F1's 2026 power unit regulations.

https://twitter.com/autosport/status...231746/photo/1

https://twitter.com/autosport/status...231746/photo/2
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    There was no cheating.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Who was cheating?

They deserve all the **** they are eating. Lethargic team

There was no cheating.
    So RB wasn't ? Wierd that Perez lost pace with a new legal floor not ?

So RB wasn't ? Wierd that Perez lost pace with a new legal floor not ?
    I hate being put to the defence of RBR.
    But at one point people need to realize the difference between CHEATING and exploiting a LOOPHOLE.

That's it for now. You need more explainations, I am here for you.

I hate being put to the defence of RBR.
    But at one point people need to realize the difference between CHEATING and exploiting a LOOPHOLE.

That's it for now. You need more explainations, I am here for you.
    @Aroutis, you may need to draw them a picture....

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    @Aroutis, you may need to draw them a picture....

When Ferrari was using the engine 'loophole' they said we were cheating.

That's why I said that but it was meant to be sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think Hamilton is getting closer to forced retirement... there are a lot of rumors going on about this for it to be just sensationalism...
    I think he’s bored. Time to get out.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Who was cheating?
    "That's what happens when you stop cheating"

is a reference to when Ferrari was bending the rules in 2019 and then the technical directives came out and our pace drops.

If indeed Maxipad's pace drops to that of Perez, it will be so sweet to watch him eat his words.