Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by chandran2313 View Post
    Does it ever cross our mind now if we had Alonso in this car how far he must be leading the Chamiponship by now????
    Nop, Alonso is a retired driver, let him be already.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Ehh.. Are you really comparing a 19 year old kid to a 30some year old 4time champion? M. A. said today that he is a long term project so I dont expect him to perform next year at a level that everyone projects him to reach asap.
    Overreaction? Maybe. If that would have been his 1st or 2nd mistake this season. He might win the race on sunday though, but in my opinion, only if he starts from pole and the race stays bone dry. Otherwise, I would not put much faith in him.
    You said other mistakes go un-noticed as they are not champs or never going to drive for Ferrari....Lewis made more small mistakes than Seb did today.....Kimi made a mistake etc etc your just wanting to attack Seb for some reason......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Nop, Alonso is a retired driver, let him be already.
    He retired from racing? since when...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He retired from racing? since when...
    Retired from F1 come end of season.

And it's really tiresome to see people say "what if he was racing".
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Retired from F1 come end of season.

And it's really tiresome to see people say "what if he was racing".
    He is leaving F1, just like others have done and come back.....
    Forza Ferrari

You said other mistakes go un-noticed as they are not champs or never going to drive for Ferrari....Lewis made more small mistakes than Seb did today.....Kimi made a mistake etc etc your just wanting to attack Seb for some reason......
    In my opinion a mistake in F1 is defined by the consequences it causes. Lewis almost hit Seb. That was a mistake. Consequence? Nothing.
    Bcz it was ALMOST. Seb hit the wall. Not ALMOST hit the wall. That was a similar mistake.
    Consequence? Minor damage to the car, possible practice gearbox change. Unnecessary risk.
    I dont attack Seb, its not attacking when you point out if he does something wrong. I also praise him for doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Ehh.. Are you really comparing a 19 year old kid to a 30some year old 4time champion? M. A. said today that he is a long term project so I dont expect him to perform next year at a level that everyone projects him to reach asap.
    Overreaction? Maybe. If that would have been his 1st or 2nd mistake this season. He might win the race on sunday though, but in my opinion, only if he starts from pole and the race stays bone dry. Otherwise, I would not put much faith in him.
    Well last year this same race we saw how Vettel lost the WDC... this year again too many mistakes with a better car. I am done waiting for Ferrari to win the WDC FOR MANY YEARS NOW. We waited so many years for Ferrari to give a car which is match to Merc, but now cos of Vettel we might lose it again which is not acceptable at all. I don’t have anything against him. I am the happiest when he wins but 4 time champ can’t be making such silly mistakes when you know you are fighting against Ham. I did support him even in Bakhu last year but I fail to understand what’s wrong with him now???

think these are kimi's HS after fp2 race sim (not entirely 100% sure)

and this is supposedly sebs tyre that skimmed the wall
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Vettel: "In the morning I felt better. I think what we tried might not have worked out well. Now we see what tomorrow will bring us."
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Do anyone gas sector times of fp2

Just after Spa we were all praising Seb for his efforts, he's pushing boundaries and doing whatever he can to try and make up for the Germany and Monza episodes, trouble is that the harder he tries, there's more room for errors to creep in. He's even questioning himself, which is never a good thing when you're up against someone like HAM who has more luck than anyone on the grid. I admit that HAM is a great driver but I hope he never comes near our team. And Kimi was faster today, so well done to him and Seb had better take a chill pill, and don't even mention the chance of rain........

It may turn out to be next year thanks to Charles that Sebastian is not completely needed.

He is leaving F1, just like others have done and come back.....
    He is retiring f1. If he comes back like others did remains to be seen :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well last year this same race we saw how Vettel lost the WDC... this year again too many mistakes with a better car. I am done waiting for Ferrari to win the WDC FOR MANY YEARS NOW. We waited so many years for Ferrari to give a car which is match to Merc, but now cos of Vettel we might lose it again which is not acceptable at all. I don’t have anything against him. I am the happiest when he wins but 4 time champ can’t be making such silly mistakes when you know you are fighting against Ham. I did support him even in Bakhu last year but I fail to understand what’s wrong with him now???
    Wow.. unacceptable huh. So what will you do if they dont get any title, unacceptable and all?

Wow.. unacceptable huh. So what will you do if they dont get any title, unacceptable and all?

wow. you are really highly strung. Unclench for a bit.
    Silently, like a shadow

ferrari weaker in s2

first stint averages with no traffic/pitting

very bad degrading on Hypersofts

second stint with no traffic/pitting

not much data on degrading on 2nd stint

small modifications on ferrari's bargeboards

currently at Vettel's car (could just be normal changes for tomorrow not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    small modifications on ferrari's bargeboards

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnEv7GwX0AAOoOD.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yeah, very small. Amazing how these photo journo's can spot the smallest minutia.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yeah, very small. Amazing how these photo journo's can spot the smallest minutia.
    true, RB supposedly brought more things to try, so some cars are little different than what Thursday showed

I actually want Vettel to lose this just to prove he is not the best driver even though he has won 4 DC
    I sense great butt hurt in this one...

Leclerc hit the wall today, we should terminate his contract now before it's too late.....

Over reaction slightly to a small mistake, when Seb wins on Sunday who will care about today?
    That's what I'm saying! Sign Kimi back!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Just after Spa we were all praising Seb for his efforts, he's pushing boundaries and doing whatever he can to try and make up for the Germany and Monza episodes, trouble is that the harder he tries, there's more room for errors to creep in.
    and France and Baku...

A Smile and a Kiss

Kimi fastest as Seb brushes the wall: “There’s potential in the car”

Singapore, September 14 – The first day at Marina Bay is mostly about adapting to the challenges of the 23-corner course, with a first practice session held still in daylight and a second one run after nightfall. Kimi Raikkonen came out as the fastest man – incidentally setting a new unofficial track record, allowing for the fact the circuit has been shortened by 2 metres – at the end of P2, while Seb Vettel was the only driver not to benefit from the clear advantage of the Hypersoft compound. A contact with the barrier out of the last chicane meant that his SF71H had to be driven back to the garage for repairs, which took till the end of the session. However, the car seemed to be quick and the battle is very open for tomorrow.

“Today everything felt OK and things ran pretty smoothly,” said Kimi. “In the first session we checked many things and made some changes; in the second one everything seemed to work . It was a normal Friday, but obviously this track is different to many others and the second session is held in different conditions from the first one. The tires behaved pretty much as we expected. The Hypersoft is the one that provides the best grip for sure, so it is very useful here, at least for the short runs. Obviously they are not going to last as long as the other compounds, but we are aware of that. I tried two different floors; there’s not a night and day difference between them, but we wouldn’t use something if we didn’t think it is better. Now we‘ll keep on doing our job and see what it brings tomorrow. For sure it will be close”.

“After hitting the wall”, said Seb “we took some precautions and decided to stop running. We lost some time, which is not ideal, but nevertheless I got a good feeling with the car. Luckily, I’ve been here before and I know the track so I can make up for lost time. Tomorrow I’ll be keen on finding the right balance to feel the car a little better than I did this evening. Then, I think it should be fine. On the other hand, Kimi’s data is very important too and it’s good to know he had a smooth session. I lost a bit of time today, but it can happen. In the evening we tried something on our car which didn’t work very well, but the car is good and has potential. I believe we can improve and tomorrow it will be better. Also, I think on Sunday tires will be an important factor, so we’ll see”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Guys, relax. He brushed the wall!

He actually did the same thing on the pole lap here last year, one of the best laps ever. Freaking lucky Lewis, smashed his tyre against the wall very similarly in Monaco in 09? and Won!!!

Relax. I'm encouraged with Red Bull being competitive here to take points away from Merc.

But a little concerned that we may have brought too many hypers...

I actually want Vettel to lose this just to prove he is not the best driver even though he has won 4 DC
    of here with that garbage. He's a Ferrari driver and we support our drivers on this forum.

Disappointed Since 2010

2018 Singapore Grand Prix Friday practice analysis: "Massive improvement" puts Mercedes in the mix
    https://t.co/kWWTXuI0Iz

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    of here with that garbage. He's a Ferrari driver and we support our drivers on this forum.
    Great reply! Go Kimi !!!