Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault offering Palmer money to leave team after Singapore

Renault offering Palmer money to leave team after Singapore

Renault are offering Palmer money to leave the team after Singapore so Sainz can drive

http://www.f1hub.net/index.php/singa...-sepang/13358/

Completely out of his element in F1, we will see Sainz in that Renault come Malaysia

Hit the road jack.....

He should take the money and run.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrarIreland View Post
    He should take the money and run.

Really a likeable and good guy, but scoring only 1 point in two years with Renault makes him look really bad. Especially when you compare his results this year with Nico's.

I hope he'll do better in some other racing series.

give him a break. He hasnt had best of luck, especially with reliability. Money can only get you so far, driver talent does the rest. Renault saw that, and gave him a seat. Money and talent. At least he got his chance, alot more than alot of us here could do. Maybe in another car/team he would of done better.

What ever he ends up racing, doing hope he has better time than in F1.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

hate to say it, but even Stroll is better than Palmer. It's pretty obvious enough is enough. He may be great in another series, but F1 is not his deal.

Oh good. He shud take the money and leave. Take stroll with him.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Oh good. He shud take the money and leave. Take stroll with him.
    Stroll?.....more like Kvyat.

I give Stroll one more year. If Kubica goes to Williams, Stroll will have a year under his belt against Kubica. We shall see how that goes....but I have a feeling it will be Kubica ahead of Stroll...way ahead. I hope the Stroller can prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    hmmm.. yeah. Kvyat and magnussen.
    Silently, like a shadow

hmmm.. yeah. Kvyat and magnussen.
    Silently, like a shadow

I don't know, it depends how much money Renault are willing to give him. If it's over a million than i say take it and leave. To be fair to Palmer, he really did have a significant amount of reliability issues. But then again, i think he was always behind Hulk when that happened.

I give Stroll one more year. If Kubica goes to Williams, Stroll will have a year under his belt against Kubica. We shall see how that goes....but I have a feeling it will be Kubica ahead of Stroll...way ahead. I hope the Stroller can prove me wrong.
    Let's see first how fit Kubica is to be competitive throughout an entire race. Renault not signing him instead of Sainz maybe indicates Renault knows something we don't after doing the tests with him.

If I'd be in Palmer's shoes, I'll leave with money. Pretty awkward to race with a team when deep down you know they don't want you in the car

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    If I'd be in Palmer's shoes, I'll leave with money. Pretty awkward to race with a team when deep down you know they don't want you in the car
    He wants to continue racing for the remaining races because he wants to improve his racing reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    give him a break. He hasnt had best of luck, especially with reliability. Money can only get you so far, driver talent does the rest. Renault saw that, and gave him a seat. Money and talent. At least he got his chance, alot more than alot of us here could do. Maybe in another car/team he would of done better.

What ever he ends up racing, doing hope he has better time than in F1.
    You and I both regularly watch better drivers in the WEC that never quite made it in F1 or ever got there. I'm sure Palmer is a nice guy, but not really F1 material in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    hate to say it, but even Stroll is better than Palmer. It's pretty obvious enough is enough. He may be great in another series, but F1 is not his deal.
    Hate to say it, but if Stroll didnt have his $$$$$ behind him. He wouldnt be in the Williams. He may of been in the Renualt/ And even him would of looked bad. He looks ok, because the Williams is a fairly good car. Im not taking anything away from Lance, but the Williams car is helping him look better.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    You and I both regularly watch better drivers in the WEC that never quite made it in F1 or ever got there. I'm sure Palmer is a nice guy, but not really F1 material in my eyes.
    Yes your right. But, with alot of younger drivers have the F1 blimkers on. Have the attitude, i want to be a F1 driver no matter what. So, they would be happy to be a "reserve" or 3rd driver and stand at the back of the garage with headsets on. They happy to do that as they in F1.

But now, like James, Sam, Ant Davidson, and many others, are realising that they want to be full time drivers, want make a career out of their driving. So they turning away from F1 to sportscars, GT racing. James and Sam got picked up by Ferrari to become factory drivers. They all want to be paid to race, and not pay to race. I hope Palmer realises that there is a career and a "bigger" world of racing out there, other than F1.

Renault allegedly offered Palmer $3M to leave before the season ends! Palmer might be holding off for a bigger pay off. Who knows, Renault might offer him $7M to leave after Malaysia.

thought I would post here.....since Bud is going to Renault.

Top six F1 teams lobby Todt and Carey on Budkowski case https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...i-case-960465/ … via @motorsport

Who is the better driver for Williams, Kubica or Massa? I believe Stroll would take Felipe in a heartbeat.

FerrariSteve Guest
    If Williams have any sense at all, they'll take Kubica, Massa is long over his use-by date and time he left F1.

Felipe, you are a nice guy but please GO AWAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Who is the better driver for Williams, Kubica or Massa? I believe Stroll would take Felipe in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    If Williams have any sense at all, they'll take Kubica, Massa is long over his use-by date and time he left F1.

How bout Di Resta? I thought he did okay....DNF'd (mech. issue) in the Hungary GP. Sad state of affairs Williams is in; they definitely are in a pickle.

called it .....lets see how both do in this two day test.

Exclusive: Kubica and di Resta to contest Williams seat with a two day test

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...dQyo3A.twitter

called it .....lets see how both do in this two day test.

Exclusive: Kubica and di Resta to contest Williams seat with a two day test

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...dQyo3A.twitter
    Oh great, i'll be happy if either of them get that spot. I think Di Resta is a solid driver and had pretty good performance. Obviously didn't got a contract renewal because he lacked sponsors. As for Kubica, i know he's fast, but let's see if he's capable of being competitive throughout a race stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh great, i'll be happy if either of them get that spot. I think Di Resta is a solid driver and had pretty good performance. Obviously didn't got a contract renewal because he lacked sponsors. As for Kubica, i know he's fast, but let's see if he's capable of being competitive throughout a race stint.
    agreed. Then we or someone can compare quali times with either one(2018) vs. Massa (2017). Also, it would be a good guage for the Stroller whether he ups his performance.....in a dramatic way.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post

Sounds familiar "Please go away Shumy," long past his due date, only to come back to his home away from home Merc just to catch Ayrton's pole record even if it was a few races more. Stopping on the track to mess with Alonso, almost killing Rubens , one would have to leave the nice guy part out , as far as racing goes. Massa for sure has a few more years in him. If he was in Sebs car now, I believe he'd be ahead of Lewis.

If he was in Sebs car now, I believe he'd be ahead of Lewis.
    You missed another one Brembo what if he was in the other Merc????

Forza Jules

Sounds familiar "Please go away Shumy," long past his due date, only to come back to his home away from home Merc just to catch Ayrton's pole record even if it was a few races more. Stopping on the track to mess with Alonso, almost killing Rubens , one would have to leave the nice guy part out , as far as racing goes. Massa for sure has a few more years in him. If he was in Sebs car now, I believe he'd be ahead of Lewis.
    Massa is a nice guy and prbly still has a couple of more years in him if he has a good car. But to think he will beat Lewis in equal machinery is stretching the imagination a bit.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Massa is a nice guy and prbly still has a couple of more years in him if he has a good car. But to think he will beat Lewis in equal machinery is stretching the imagination a bit.
    Your probably correct, but!!! One can dream!! Imagination is a great thing!