Thread: Ferrari SF90

If Renault have 1000 hp then Ferrari have with 3 spec engine how much >1050

We need to win at all cost at the next 2 races they will suit the Ferrari 100%it's all about the power here.Well Renault can step up to plate with there alledged 1000hp car and be in the mix lets see.

Additional power is always good unless it brings unreliability? We need to be able at least to put the power we have down
    with better slow corner grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Additional power is always good unless it brings unreliability? We need to be able at least to put the power we have down
    At this point, I’d risk a bit of unreliability

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    We need to get back to the basics, 2nd is the first loser, we should remember this.
    Which means, that since we've got no victory so far we should just bleed in order to find our way to victory.
    Who cares about unreliability at this point?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We need to get back to the basics, 2nd is the first loser, we should remember this.
    Which means, that since we've got no victory so far we should just bleed in order to find our way to victory.
    Who cares about unreliability at this point?
    Yeah a good old Ron Dennis quote, not quite what Ferrari should care about...

Also to finish 1st, 1st you have to finish is another thing we should remember....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Actually this has nothing to do with Ron Dennis.
    This is Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...omotive-quotes
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Actually this has nothing to do with Ron Dennis.
    This is Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...omotive-quotes
    Ron Dennis said it often enough to associate it with him and F1.....who cares really.
    Forza Ferrari

I do not agree with packing it in this season. We need a B chassis after Monza or we will get demolished the rest of the second half of this season.

Here's my point.

Does Ferrari really trust themselves to develop next years car completely in secret? We have seen how Ferrari does with development in season. Like it has been said elsewhere on this board, Ferrari has been terrible at in-season development since Fiorano was banned in 2009.

My suggestion is basically clone the Red Bull, and bring that out for Singapore. Test it and learn it the rest of the season. And develop it.

And if there are any other rear limited circuits the rest of the year, bring back the SF90.

But for the love of all that is sane, bring out a B-SPEC!!!

Like Adrian Newey says, you need to first understand what you did wrong. And i know i'll be really nervous if i don't see radicaly different designs coming from Ferrari this season.

Clone the R Bull ! Great idea .

Ferrari need 1 car for limited down force tracks which is fast which they have.clone the red bull for other tracks that demand high down force Ferrari problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Also to finish 1st, 1st you have to finish is another thing we should remember....

If we don't even finish then the whole thing's a loss. Reliability to my way of thinking is always a minimum and can only possibly be sacrificed in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari need 1 car for limited down force tracks which is fast which they have.clone the red bull for other tracks that demand high down force Ferrari problem solved.
    It's not just the lack of downforce as we seem incapable of getting the tyres to work in the first place and then make them last long enough to be able to fight to the end. Cloning a Red Bull or Merc would be the definitive answer, of course, sadly.

I have no doubt we will come out fighting for Part 2 of the season..

Attachment 7645
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

Attachment 7645
    I hope you are right.

Love the pic of the car there must be a story there!!!!

Forza Jules

Charles will be the driver to watch when they come back! He's got Monza on his mind ! He also knows he's got to show what he's got, forget the car excuses. The team already knows all that. He has to be thinking about a Seb like contract down the line. Millions of reasons to be on top of his driving.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I hope you are right.

Love the pic of the car there must be a story there!!!!
    It's do or die for the rest of the season. I loved the image - a FIAT 500! Too many times has the team let the drivers down.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I do not agree with packing it in this season. We need a B chassis after Monza or we will get demolished the rest of the second half of this season.

Here's my point.

Does Ferrari really trust themselves to develop next years car completely in secret? We have seen how Ferrari does with development in season. Like it has been said elsewhere on this board, Ferrari has been terrible at in-season development since Fiorano was banned in 2009.

My suggestion is basically clone the Red Bull, and bring that out for Singapore. Test it and learn it the rest of the season. And develop it.

And if there are any other rear limited circuits the rest of the year, bring back the SF90.

But for the love of all that is sane, bring out a B-SPEC!!!

Like Adrian Newey says, you need to first understand what you did wrong. And i know i'll be really nervous if i don't see radicaly different designs coming from Ferrari this season.
    Dude... You just said Ferrari need a B-Spec car AND that they suck with in-season development in the same post. How do you reconcile the two? If they can't solve the problem of the existing car, you expect them to bring a whole new chassis to the track? Come on.

Newey is right, but either Ferrari don't know what is wrong or they don't know how to solve it. I can't imagine it being a lack of resources.

Ah the dreaded down force topic ok Mr binotto Ferrari got it wrong we all get that know.We know that more emphasis should have been placed on this aspect of the sf 90.I suggest if you want to know a simple way of how down force works do this Mr binotto place two thumbs together press them against each other and heat will be generated now apply that principle next time it's so so simple stop trying to invent the wheel with far fetched design principles.Ferrari fi cars should be like the italian cuisine simple with fresh ingredients that deliver a powerful result.

From Binotto across the board as far as all Ferrari personnel ; it's full pay with or without results. "Working can wait, this is paradise! " No down force sounds good; let's go with that. Call home and ask if the check is in the mail. Charles is the only one not in on this train of thought. He want's to be the best and is working on it in spite of 1/2 a car to race with. He sees Seb's pay in the future and want's to deserve it. Imagine it being a good idea to clone the R Bull car ! Honda over Ferrari ???? Seb, Charles and Max make it still great racing knowing they are trying for that win, podium best they can. I don't blame Seb for his 1st 1/2, I feel sorry for him!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Dude... You just said Ferrari need a B-Spec car AND that they suck with in-season development in the same post. How do you reconcile the two? If they can't solve the problem of the existing car, you expect them to bring a whole new chassis to the track? Come on.

Newey is right, but either Ferrari don't know what is wrong or they don't know how to solve it. I can't imagine it being a lack of resources.
    Haha. I didn't know I had to solve the in season development problem. :)

Besides, copying the red bull philosophy wouldn't require as much resources as figuring out how to fix the SF90.

Why is Ferrari terrible at in season development if they seem to be decent at improving the car each year, with the exception of this year? I guess if we accept that they are better when they get to create a whole new car, then perhaps they shouldn't do a b-spec and just focus everything on the new chassis.

This year's design was too radical. When Ferrari was dominant the F2002, F2003, F2004, were all just evolutions of each other.

That's why I don't agree with NOT producing a b-spec. Start with a red bull copy, which is close to the direction Ferrari was heading in prior to this year anyway, and then just evolve it. By next year, if you incorporate things that were right about the SF90 onto this b-spec, you should have a competitive car again.

But I guess the heart of the matter is figuring out the correlation issues, or whatever holds us back in season.

Besides, copying the red bull philosophy wouldn't require as much resources as figuring out how to fix the SF90.

Why is Ferrari terrible at in season development if they seem to be decent at improving the car each year, with the exception of this year? I guess if we accept that they are better when they get to create a whole new car, then perhaps they shouldn't do a b-spec and just focus everything on the new chassis.

This year's design was too radical. When Ferrari was dominant the F2002, F2003, F2004, were all just evolutions of each other.

That's why I don't agree with NOT producing a b-spec. Start with a red bull copy, which is close to the direction Ferrari was heading in prior to this year anyway, and then just evolve it. By next year, if you incorporate things that were right about the SF90 onto this b-spec, you should have a competitive car again.

But I guess the heart of the matter is figuring out the correlation issues, or whatever holds us back in season.
    If you think copying is that easy, don't you think every team would copy Mercedes and have a winner?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If you think copying is that easy, don't you think every team would copy Mercedes and have a winner?!
    Exactly, one thing is copying and another is to have it working...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

next year the tires are going to have a larger operating window, like last year. Maybe it would be better if Ferrari didn't abandon this year's philosophy and just kept improving on it like they are doing. If tires are like last year, then Merc would be chewing through them with this year's car. The SF90 seems to work well when the tires are in the right window.
    But, seeing how things tend to go, Ferrari will come out with a high downforce, high drag car next year when everyone else will have a low drag, low downforce concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    next year the tires are going to have a larger operating window, like last year. Maybe it would be better if Ferrari didn't abandon this year's philosophy and just kept improving on it like they are doing. If tires are like last year, then Merc would be chewing through them with this year's car. The SF90 seems to work well when the tires are in the right window.
    But, seeing how things tend to go, Ferrari will come out with a high downforce, high drag car next year when everyone else will have a low drag, low downforce concept.
    If that will happen, then we’ll just have to dust off the SF90 and carry on.....easy peasey......
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Why is Ferrari terrible at in season development if they seem to be decent at improving the car each year, with the exception of this year?
    This is probably one of the best questions I have read on this forum.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

Attachment 7645

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    This is probably one of the best questions I have read on this forum.
    I would say or rather assume that it’s correlation problem between actual on track data & CFD.
    Ferrari massively depended on in season testing where they can develop their car between the races. When it’s gone, ferrari were hit badly & also took a lot of time to adapt for wind tunnel etc.

They can identify the weaknesses of the car but can’t solve it, which means it’s somewhere down to CFD & on track data.

For Ferrari problems started when limited testing was introduced it has amounted to a large hurdle for Ferrari mix that with the inability to correct the issues quickly is a direct reflection of our performance to date.The fact is Ferrari have a problem with adapting to change and rule interpretations by the time it's corrected another failed championship appears.Ferrari need to correct this Achilles heel problem as soon as humanly possible the formula 1 world waits for the rebirth.