Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Current era penalties are there to keep Lewis safe. Everyone knows he will be F-1 GOAT for many more years. The FIA needs to enforce strict penalties against team orders.
    Lewis will never be the F1 GOAT, even if he manages to break all the records. For one, he has never been in a mid level team. When he was not in a top 1-2 car, he was insignificant. He is the FIA's golden boy and protected as such. Then compare this to how Michael broke most of the records while being the villain in the eyes of the FIA.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Lewis will never be the F1 GOAT, even if he manages to break all the records. For one, he has never been in a mid level team. When he was not in a top 1-2 car, he was insignificant. He is the FIA's golden boy and protected as such. Then compare this to how Michael broke most of the records while being the villain in the eyes of the FIA.
    A team can't be considered mid level with Lewis as their driver, he makes it a top team; WCC over and over. Is Seb now insignificant because he is in a top car and hasn't won .? You said, Lewis never was in a mid level team, that means not in a top car team, so when was he insignificant? Michael did many wrong illegal, things in his career, earning the villain name; not only with the F I A. He was the only driver ever disqualified from a drivers championship. In 1997. Deliberately swerving into Villeneuve's Williams. So when Lewis winds up breaking all F-1 records for himself and for his team , that's not what a GOAT is made of. Who can tell; say 20 years from now, someone may break his records. Even sooner; Stroll may be the top record breaker!! Lewis is not that great, it's the tires !!

A team can't be considered mid level with Lewis as their driver, he makes it a top team; WCC over and over. Is Seb now insignificant because he is in a top car and hasn't won .? You said, Lewis never was in a mid level team, that means not in a top car team, so when was he insignificant? Michael did many wrong illegal, things in his career, earning the villain name; not only with the F I A. He was the only driver ever disqualified from a drivers championship. In 1997. Deliberately swerving into Villeneuve's Williams. So when Lewis winds up breaking all F-1 records for himself and for his team , that's not what a GOAT is made of. Who can tell; say 20 years from now, someone may break his records. Even sooner; Stroll may be the top record breaker!! Lewis is not that great, it's the tires !!
    Come on Brembo, you know that Lewis has had the best car and greatest luck throughout his WDC championships, there's no getting away from that fact (apart maybe from his 2008 car when he was at Mclaren and Felipe should have taken the WDC but for a last-lap drama handing it to HAM), and whilst I admit that Lewis is a great driver, without that Merc under him, he wouldn't have had such a clear run. You seem to want both Lewis and Max at Ferrari but even they probably couldn't have done much better than Seb, Charles, Kimi or Felipe in the cars they've been given. I will accept, though, that Seb lost the plot in the second half of last season, as did the team.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Probably the weakest champion in decades, or ever. Winning when F1 is arguably at its lowest level.

He's like a multiple Heavyweight champion in the modern era of boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Come on Brembo, you know that Lewis has had the best car and greatest luck throughout his WDC championships, there's no getting away from that fact (apart maybe from his 2008 car when he was at Mclaren and Felipe should have taken the WDC but for a last-lap drama handing it to HAM), and whilst I admit that Lewis is a great driver, without that Merc under him, he wouldn't have had such a clear run. You seem to want both Lewis and Max at Ferrari but even they probably couldn't have done much better than Seb, Charles, Kimi or Felipe in the cars they've been given. I will accept, though, that Seb lost the plot in the second half of last season, as did the team.
    These facts doesn’t bode to him .
    He just wants Lewis & Max at ferrari . The thing he doesn’t understand is these two will not come unless ferrari is in title winning position . Especially Lewis who has dominant car under him, why would anyone loose that.

For an instance, if ferrari is competitive & also both the drivers joined. Only one of them would win the title.
    In case of @brembo, he calls other driver as incompetent. either it can be Lewis or max. For which he’s been saying great drivers ... when above situation arises he calls them incompetent & joined for $$$

I have to agree with you Wisepie. I just don't want to accept that Ferrari , the team is not up there anymore as the drivers dream team. Either Lewis or Max, not both going to Ferrari. Lewis would love to retire at Ferrari with some wins there. And Max , well I believe he would just do it, win wise . Only a DNF would stop him from start to finish races giving 100% a hell to anyone near him ! Charles seems to have that in his blood also. I'm to the point where seeing a Mercedes next to me while Im out driving gets me upset !

Crazy

I have to agree with you Wisepie. I just don't want to accept that Ferrari , the team is not up there anymore as the drivers dream team. Either Lewis or Max, not both going to Ferrari. Lewis would love to retire at Ferrari with some wins there. And Max , well I believe he would just do it, win wise . Only a DNF would stop him from start to finish races giving 100% a hell to anyone near him ! Charles seems to have that in his blood also. I'm to the point where seeing a Mercedes next to me while Im out driving gets me upset !
    I would like Hamilton to retire rather than come to Ferrari, Max has matured but I still can't take to him, no doubting their respective talents though. We have Charles to fill the void and I haven't given up on Seb just yet, and I could never run a Mercedes myself with a clear conscience, even if I could afford one, it's like a red rag to a bull for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Probably the weakest champion in decades, or ever. Winning when F1 is arguably at its lowest level.

He's like a multiple Heavyweight champion in the modern era of boxing.
    You wasn’t around in the MS years?

At least in Le Mans 24 hour, AF Corsa is in the lead with 2 hour and 36 left

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    You wasn’t around in the MS years?
    We were and remember very well.
    I wouldn't mention this schmuck and Micheal in the same sentence or in the same vicinity...

I would like Hamilton to retire rather than come to Ferrari, Max has matured but I still can't take to him, no doubting their respective talents though. We have Charles to fill the void and I haven't given up on Seb just yet, and I could never run a Mercedes myself with a clear conscience, even if I could afford one, it's like a red rag to a bull for me!
    At the time; were you O K with Ferrari choosing Seb ? If yes; why ?

Same goes with Ham & Mercs ...!!

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    We were and remember very well.
    I wouldn't mention this schmuck and Micheal in the same sentence or in the same vicinity...
    I guess you feel that that word should now apply to Seb ; seeing how he is no where in the same vicinity as Lewis. I have to say when Seb went on waving his finger after a race and on the podiums when he was a winner @ R Bull that name fit him well. I'm sure you also remember very well the midget on the radio " Let Michael pass! " Bottas is allowed to try and beat Lewis , even in the same vicinity !

LOL Hamilton at it again - give it a rest man, honestly it’s embarrassing.

Hamilton: Ferrari has power mode Mercedes doesn't have

https://ca.motorsport.com/f1/news/ha...cedes/4474231/

My favourite quote from the article “So we've definitely got work to do, but at least we've got a good fight”

Lol - fight? What fight? 7 wins from 7 races. Hamilton is as delusional as many fans on this forum.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Indeed, disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

My favourite quote from the article “So we've definitely got work to do, but at least we've got a good fight”

Lol - fight? What fight? 7 wins from 7 races. Hamilton is as delusional as many fans on this forum.
    This article is for readers up 3 yeas old!!!!!

Utterly ridiculous, wonder if he or his PR people came up with this?

F1 seems to be in crisis mode.

"You wasn’t around in the MS years?"

Schumacher was up against Senna, Prost, Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Montoya and Alonso.

He won his two first championships in arguably an inferior car. From 1997-2000, the opposition usually had the faster car. Later, he was up against a powerful Williams and revived Mclaren as well, then Alonso in the Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    He was up against Senna, Prost, Hill, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Montoya and Alonso.

He won his two first championships in arguably an inferior car. From 1997-2000, the opposition usually had the faster car. Later, he was up against a powerful Williams and revived Mclaren as well, then Alonso in the Renault.

Why would Ferrari fans prefer Lewis bragging and waving his finger after his wins, putting down Ferrari and saying they are losers ? Saying how much better a team Merc is and so on? He's being diplomatic and polite so that he will be welcomed when he gets his chance to drive for Ferrari . If he's going to continue breaking F-1 records it would be great having the Ferrari name going along with that. The Ferrari losing streak has to stop! We fans and Charles deserve better!

Why would Ferrari fans prefer Lewis bragging and waving his finger after his wins, putting down Ferrari and saying they are losers ? Saying how much better a team Merc is and so on? He's being diplomatic and polite so that he will be welcomed when he gets his chance to drive for Ferrari . If he's going to continue breaking F-1 records it would be great having the Ferrari name going along with that. The Ferrari losing streak has to stop! We fans and Charles deserve better!
    He’s not being diplomatic, he’s flat out lying. Does he think F1 fans are stupid?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Sorry Brembo but Lewis isn’t the person he likes to portray

Forza Jules

Not really, as I didn't like him with his finger-boy antics at Red Bull, but he seems to have won me over and I haven't agreed with all the criticism he's had, even though a lot of it was justified. He gave us fresh hope when Alonso jumped ship and initially performed well. Hamilton just winds me up because I don't like his image or holier than thou public persona, but I accept that he is probably the most complete driver currently in F1, with the best car, he gets most of the luck too, so I want somebody to beat him in a Ferrari, rather than him driving one!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Sorry Brembo but Lewis isn’t the person he likes to portray
    Agreed.

I wasn't surprised when he complained over the radio to the stewards then after the race said "I didn't want to win it this way'...

I hope he never drives for Ferrari.
    Last edited by JPZ; 17th June 2019 at 08:18.

Lewis Hamilton's success is in an f1 period which is fragile to say the least compared to the past it's mothers milk .The difference is mercedes have done well in this soft phase of fi.Lets face it f1 is sterile the more I watch it the more it reminds me of an operating theatre. The best years of f1 are behind us where the action was aplenty the noise like a rock concert the re fuelling the on track action and the adrenalin pumping.Now it's just a circus with clowns as the only and main attraction.lewis in those days would have been chewed up and spat out .There would be no where to run and no where to hide over complaining would have fallen on deaf ears .His wins are very soft compared to the past so no comparison to the past can ever be made .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis Hamilton's success is in an f1 period which is fragile to say the least compared to the past it's mothers milk .The difference is mercedes have done well in this soft phase of fi.Lets face it f1 is sterile the more I watch it the more it reminds me of an operating theatre. The best years of f1 are behind us where the action was aplenty the noise like a rock concert the re fuelling the on track action and the adrenalin pumping.Now it's just a circus with clowns as the only and main attraction.lewis in those days would have been chewed up and spat out .There would be no where to run and no where to hide over complaining would have fallen on deaf ears .His wins are very soft compared to the past so no comparison to the past can ever be made .
    Well said. He wouldn't have dared to whinge and would probably be coming in mid field if he was lucky.

Forza Jules

There is only one new tyre strategy Pirelli can work on for 2020 and that is to exit f1 as a tyre supplier so this toxic relationship with all it's controversy can be removed permanently with mercedes Benz.It would represent a breath of fresh air the connections between mercedes and Pirelli is to close and certainly not at arms length in a business format.

Ferrari makes changes to its structure

Despite lagging behind Mercedes in the Constructors’ Championship, Ferrari’s team principal Mattia Binotto is working hard to ensure that his team has the perfect structure to get the best out of its resources in the near future.

Just after seven rounds into the 2019 FIA Formula One Championship, Ferrari is trailing Mercedes by 123 points while Sebastian Vettel is 62 points behind the championship leader Lewis Hamilton. Due to this deficit in the Standings and Mercedes’ advantage in terms of tyre management, it is obvious at the relatively early stage of the season that Mercedes looks set to steal its sixth constructors’ title in a row while Hamilton is on course to clinch his sixth world championship title.

Instead of standing still, Ferrari are adamant to understand the issues which hamper them to unlock the potential of their 2019 car, the SF90 as they want to find out what areas they have to work on intensively when they shift their focus on next year’s challenger. On the other hand, Mattia Binotto wants to strengthen the team structure. The Swiss-Italian took over the position of team principal from Maurizio Arrivabene on the 7th January. He was noted as team principal and technical director since the start of the season, but prior to the Canadian Grand Prix, his role was redefined, emphasising that he fulfils the position of team principal.

The 50-year-old said that Ferrari no longer has a classical horizontal structure. Instead of that, several people responsible for different key areas report to him and he has to filter the information to take the right changes and decisions.

Several other key positions were redefined to clarify the responsibilities within the team. Lewis Hamilton’s former race engineer Jock Clear was the team’s leading engineer, but his main responsibility for 2019 is his role as driver coach for Charles Leclerc. Toro Rosso’s former technican and FIA’s deputy race director Laurent Mekies who attended a Formula 1 race with Ferrari for the first time last November is responsible for the team’s sporting matters at the race tracks.

Position.......................................... .............. Person............................................ ....... Position.......................................... ... .......Person
    Team principal......................................... ......Mattia Binotto .........................................Driver coach, leading engineer.................. Jock Clear
    Sporting directo........................................... ..Laurent Mekies....................................... Charles Leclerc's race engineer......... .....Xavier Marcos Padros
    Head of strategy.......................................... . Inaki Rueda............................................. Charles Leclerc's performance engineer.....Bryan Bozzi
    Head of track engineering............................ Matteo Togninalli..................................... Head of track operations............................ Claudio Albertini
    Head of engine operations............................ Luigi Fraboni........................................... .Chief mechanic.......................................... Christian Corradini
    Sebastian Vettel's race engineer................... Riccardo Adami.......................................Sebast ian Vettel #1 mechanic................... Filippo Milani
    Sebastian Vettel's performance engineer...... Steven Petrik........................................ Charles Leclerc #1 mechanic...................... Alessandro Fusaro

Besides the adjustments to its structure, Ferrari made a series of recruitments in recent weeks to strengthen its workforce. Stephen Boyd was signed as a strategy expert. He recently worked for Liberty Media, but he was responsible for different tasks in the strategy department at different teams prior to his role at Formula One’s Commercial Rights’ Holder.

Maurizio Tomasselli will also join Ferrari in the coming weeks. The Italian was the coordinator of chassis development at Toro Rosso and his role at Ferrari will be similar to that. As an aerodynamicist, Hermann Wolche will get a role inside the windtunnel activities of Ferrari. The German worked at Mercedes recently. The engine department of the Italian team will be strengthened by the arrival of Francois Dejoyeaux who lately worked at Renault’s engine centre in Viry-Charillon. Nigel Rupert-Nuttling will arrive from Red Bull. The Briton will work on the correlation between the CFD-simulations and the track.

Summer dedicated to developments
    Despite to the lack of pace during recent races, Ferrari has not been desperate to find remedy to its issues with the cornering speed of its SF90. It brought some aerodynamic updates to its car in Azerbaijan, followed by some minor other parts and a new internal combustion engine in Spain.

In the following two races, Monaco and Canada, Ferrari appeared with almost an identical car. However, it fitted a new turbocharger and a new MGU-H to both its cars to complete its first engine upgrade which it started with the new ICE in Spain.

However, the Italian team has not stood still in recent weeks and was working a series of developments which should enable them to get the most out of Pirelli’s 2019 tyres. Binotto said that there will be “a series of developments in the next races to improve the use of the tyres. We have ideas, and we need to hurry, but it will take a few weeks.”

According to the Italian La Gazzetta dello Sport, the team will introduce a raft of important developments in the next four grands prix. The impressive frenzy of updates will involve a new front wing in France, a new floor in Austria, a new diffuser at Silverstone, and new barge boards at Hockenheim.

https://www.f1technical.net/news/22075

• Francois Dejoyeaux (prev. worked at Renault in the engine centre in Viry-Charillon) will work at the engine department

• Nigel Rupert-Nuttling from Red Bull will join (correlation between the CFD-simulations and the track)
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 18th June 2019 at 17:35.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Chewed up and spat out by who ?