Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 53 Laps of Pain and Torture AKA Italian GP 2020

It's weird two races in a row where it looks like Bottas has no mojo in the races compared to Hamilton.

Hamilton can pass cars left and right and catch up but Bottas can t go nowhere.

The Mercedes car is made to run at the front and start to overheat when running behind others.

Happy Birthday Stefa!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So far, this is the best race of the year.
    Definitely it is for me. The only one other thing that can top this is Charles/Seb winning at Mugello.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Definitely it is for me. The only one other thing that can top this is Charles/Seb winning at Mugello.
    Why do I have a feeling this will stay your favourite race.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Why do I have a feeling this will stay your favourite race.
    Because it most likely will. At least I can hope for a podium at Mugello because that looks likely.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ferrari victory Charles walking away from huge crash.I will take that any day.As for his destroyed car its where it truly belongs in the garbage can.

Because it most likely will. At least I can hope for a podium at Mugello because that looks likely.
    Oh, you are really optimistic. For myself I think we will be glad if we'll get into Q3 and will fight for points.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Funny how Bottas is 'only' 47 points off Ham, all things considered.

I think we can hope for a top-six qualifying run at Mugello because we were just 0.5 seconds/lap off even at Monza, then in the race it'll be dictated by track temps. If it's warm in Tuscany next week, I think we'll be one of the few who can pull a one-stopper without falling off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Oh, you are really optimistic. For myself I think we will be glad if we'll get into Q3 and will fight for points.
    Maybe I do lol. But I expect a Silverstone tier pace for Mugello, Portimao, Nurgburgring and Turkey because all of them have a somewhat similar characteristic of being fast and flowy, something which we seem to thrive on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I think we can hope for a top-six qualifying run at Mugello because we were just 0.5 seconds/lap off even at Monza, then in the race it'll be dictated by track temps. If it's warm in Tuscany next week, I think we'll be one of the few who can pull a one-stopper without falling off a cliff.
    That's what I think as well.

Engine mode ban has nullified the DRS effect a bit. The faster car had hard time overtaking the slower car in todays race.

Extremely happy with Gasly. After everything he has been gone through the past 18 months, he deserves todays win.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari victory Charles walking away from huge crash.I will take that any day.As for his destroyed car its where it truly belongs in the garbage can.
    The engine. With a comparable engine to others it may be ok (not Merc level). Next year with a new engine it will not be so painful but still no chance against Merc unless from data gained over next few races there are further technical updates by FIA on ERS usage.

Well, let's just say that I believe we'd won this race even with the Abu Dhabi version of the 2019 engine.

Reverse grids anyone?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Reverse grids anyone?
    I'd support it under one condition. That it is for the actual race and then qualifying the day before hands out championship points. 10-8-6-5-4-3 for the top six, then 2 for entering Q3 and 1 for entering Q2 would actually suffice. Imagine the tension if the title could be won both on Saturdays and Sundays?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Reverse grids anyone?
    It would defeat the purpose of qualifying.........i.e. the notion with reverse grids in place would be why even qualify to P1???

Then there's the points incentive for the top teams which translates to money in the WCC points.

Reverse grids would only defeat the purpose to be in F1....for the top teams like Mercedes, RedBull..........and Ferrari......now to include Mclaren, Renault and Racing Point.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Happy Birthday Stefa!!!
    Thank you

1 Mercedes 281
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 158
    3 McLaren Renault 98
    4 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 82
    5 Renault 71
    6 Ferrari 61
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 47
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    9 Haas Ferrari 1
    10 Williams Mercedes 0

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate !!!!
    THANK YOU

Happy birthday, mate!
    Thankx

It would defeat the purpose of qualifying.........i.e. the notion with reverse grids in place would be why even qualify to P1???

Then there's the points incentive for the top teams which translates to money in the WCC points.

Reverse grids would only defeat the purpose to be in F1....for the top teams like Mercedes, RedBull..........and Ferrari......now to include Mclaren, Renault and Racing Point.
    Its a tongue in cheek comment.

But lets face it, only time haf "exciting" races is either rain or thr running order been totally turned on its head.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Funny how Bottas is 'only' 47 points off Ham, all things considered.
    Amazing how Lewis 26 sec behind the last car finishes 7th with a fastest lap point. Bottas has no chance.

Looks like I turned off a good race, maybe I should do that more often lol. So happy Hamilton didn’t win, upset that Bottas is useless, and even happier for Gasly and Sainz! Glad Leclerc is ok after is crash as well.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

1 Hamilton GBR Mercedes 164
    2 Bottas FIN Mercedes 117
    3 Verstappen NED Red Bull Racing Honda 110
    4 Stroll CAN Racing Point BWT Mercedes 57
    5 Norris GBR McLaren Renault 57
    6 Albon THA Red Bull Racing Honda 48
    7 Leclerc MON Ferrari 45
    8 Gasly FRA AlphaTauri Honda 43
    9 Sainz ESP McLaren Renault 41
    10 Ricciardo AUS Renault 41
    11 Perez MEX Racing Point BWT Mercedes 34
    12 Ocon FRA Renault 30
    13 Vettel GER Ferrari 16
    14 Hulkenberg GER Racing Point BWT Mercedes 6
    15 Kvyat RUS AlphaTauri Honda 4
    16 Giovinazzi ITA Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    17 Magnussen DEN Haas Ferrari 1
    18 Latifi CAN Williams Mercedes 0
    19 Räikkönen FIN Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 0
    20 Grosjean FRA Haas Ferrari 0
    21 Russell GBR Williams Mercedes 0

Wait a minute guys, Nico Rosberg actually called the SF1000 to be extremely undrivable and a safety risk on German TV. What on earth have we built?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Amazing how Lewis 26 sec behind the last car finishes 7th with a fastest lap point. Bottas has no chance.
    Bottas isn't really that good. I don't think he would be doing half as good as even Seb is doing if he was driving for us.

Wait a minute guys, Nico Rosberg actually called the SF1000 to be extremely undrivable and a safety risk on German TV. What on earth have we built?
    Yeah propably right since the car has been trimmed of its downforce to have better straight line speed. This will get better with circuit with medium to high downforce required.

Bottas isn't really that good. I don't think he would be doing half as good as even Seb is doing if he was driving for us.
    And in the same way Seb would be matching Lewis i think if he had a mercedes. Seb in a strong car is a dominant force.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    And in the same way Seb would be matching Lewis i think if he had a mercedes. Seb in a strong car is a dominant force.
    Of course. Seb just isn't as adaptable but put him in a car that can drive as good as the Mercedes, he would wreck the field much harder than what Hamilton is doing now and would likely beat him in the process.