Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Hope the sophistication pays off

Interesting

Also from @ScuderiaFerrari a wind tunnel front wing model (unlikely to be a 017 design)

via : ‏@ScarbsTechC3fyzfMW8AE5mtV.jpg large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlou View Post
    Interesting

Also from @ScuderiaFerrari a wind tunnel front wing model (unlikely to be a 017 design)

Nice!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari is looking towards 3D printing technology in a bid to introduce an innovative piston design that could deliver a big step forward for its 2017 Formula 1 engine.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...inting-870008/

Sounds good, I hope it works out as they expect

Looking forward to getting racing

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Sounds good, I hope it works out as they expect

Looking forward to getting racing
    Just over three weeks before the cars are launched..... can't wait.

Interesting

No,.....the angle between main plate and endplate is 90 degrees, but for 2017 rules must be like ‚‚arrow‚‚

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    No,.....the angle between main plate and endplate is 90 degrees, but for 2017 rules must be like ‚‚arrow‚‚
    That slight "arrow" (or "swept wing") is a sure giveaway!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

February will be challenging for the team ,approaching at the most crucial juncture that's why Giovinazzi drove today(and tomorrow) the SF-15T , a test which approved by the FIA, aimed at making a comparison between data acquired in the simulator and on track .

I do like the confrontation from our team for the upcoming test checking for everything .

Via :http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/a-wonderful-feeling/

February will be challenging for the team ,approaching at the most crucial juncture that's why Giovinazzi drove today(and tomorrow) the SF-15T , a test which approved by the FIA, aimed at making a comparison between data acquired in the simulator and on track .

I do like the confrontation from our team for the upcoming test checking for everything .

Via :http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/a-wonderful-feeling/

 Motorsport: the tests will continue tomorrow + probably next week Giovinazzi will drive the mule-car that Ferrari used for Pirelli test
    via:Gianlu https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...94319387914240
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I'm excited about Ferrari's prospects. I love an underdog story, and no one expects Ferrari to do well. It would be amazing if we can come out and surprise everyone, and the rumours at least sound positive.

Before everyone blows up at me though - this is my HOPE not my expectation. But it's exciting to dream at least.

i know its not Ferrari related, but McLaren ditched MP4 in the naming of the car, now its MCL32

New fantastic article on our 2017 Pu by f1analisitecnica.com
    No split turbo.
    Improved power driveability.
    1000 hp by melbourne!
    hybrid parts a lot better.
    little concern about reliability.( not optimal yet)
    Key point of the 668 project.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    i know its not Ferrari related, but McLaren ditched MP4 in the naming of the car, now its MCL32
    yup....could we see the papaya orange make a comeback since Ron is no longer??????.....sorry I could not resist knowing its not Ferrari related.

P4 was the name of Ron Dennis's team, Project Four, which he created in 1977 and later merged with McLaren in 1980. Because he created it, he kept a memory in the name of the car. Now with Dennis gone, McLaren thought there is no point in keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    New fantastic article on our 2017 Pu by f1analisitecnica.com
    No split turbo.
    Improved power driveability.
    1000 hp by melbourne!
    hybrid parts a lot better.
    little concern about reliability.( not optimal yet)
    Key point of the 668 project.
    Let's wait and see...

I'm just happy the token system is gone, Ferrari an develop the engine more at least during the season.

Last year ,they estimate that our pu had about 950+hp and Merc about 970.So 1000 hp for brand new pu's with no tokens to restrict them,dont seems a lot.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Last year ,they estimate that our pu had about 950+hp and Merc about 970.So 1000 hp for brand new pu's with no tokens to restrict them,dont seems a lot.
    Remember 4 pu for the entire season not 5.
    Itīs a huge difference reliability side.

Nothing to do with Ferrari ..

New Merc firing up for the first time. Sounds like last years car to me ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwA8XyosSM

There is a limitation for the power of the ICE that can be achieved. Among other things that ''create'' that limitation, one of the most important is fuel flow restriction.

Having said that, 1000 HP is a lot and if the team is capabale of achieving that with sufficient reliability then it is a decent step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Remember 4 pu for the entire season not 5.
    Itīs a huge difference reliability side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanzamento View Post
    There is a limitation for the power of the ICE that can be achieved. Among other things that ''create'' that limitation, one of the most important is fuel flow restriction.

Having said that, 1000 HP is a lot and if the team is capabale of achieving that with sufficient reliability then it is a decent step forward.
    Hope you are right!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avanzamento View Post
    There is a limitation for the power of the ICE that can be achieved. Among other things that ''create'' that limitation, one of the most important is fuel flow restriction....
    Actually, there is a very large potential upside irrespective of the flow restriction. Currently thermal efficiency in F1 is still estimated at under 50%. If I understand the area of development mentioned previously relates to per-ignition fuel preparation. Gains here would yield very large performance advantages.

Other regulatory Ferrari victory: FIA prohibits departures pre loaded.

After an official request for Simone Resta, the FIA ​​has sanctioned the irregularities of preloaded departures.

The Ferrari 2017 will not be remembered at the time to be a team capable of interpreting the technical regulations to the extreme, but it is certainly the team that more than any other is striving to eliminate "gray areas" of the technical and sports dictates of F1.

After getting the ban on hydraulic suspension used by Mercedes and Red Bull, Ferrari has gained another victory in the interpretation of the regulation. Following an official request by Simone Resta Charlie Whiting in the field of assisted departures, the FIA ​​has specified the irregularities of a possible pre loaded departure.

As reported by colleagues motorsport.com , the starting pre loaded sees the pilot fully depress the clutch before the procedure, and then engage the first gear. The pilot, adjusting the throttle, is the ideal take-off point to have the best start possible. Afterwards you press the brake pedal to start the phase of pre-load, the pilot slowly let the clutch until you find the bite point and the perfect start lights are all the ingredients for a searing shot.

According to Ferrari, the use of this methodology could start violating two articles of the Regulation: 9.2.2, which shows that it is not allowed pilots to use systems or mappings that allow pilots to find the ideal take-off point of the clutch , and 9.2.7, which establishes the illegality of any kind of device or system that alerts the driver of possible clutch slippage.

The FIA, in response to Ferrari, said the illegality of the pre loaded departure. Whiting spoke about security issues: with this procedure you used a decrease of engine speed, but there is a risk that the car in front of a human error can go off the grid, with all the risks of accidents at the start lights that implies.
    Although i hope we also be the team that interpret the technical regulations to the extreme!!!

Source:http://www.motorsportitalia.net/altr...-pre-caricate/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Perhaps Ferrari have a better start system that doesn't use pre-loading. In the early races Ferrari had good starts. Maybe pre-loading allowed the other teams to close the gap. Seems like Resta is getting aggressive. Good!

Find loopholes, push technical boundaries & keep an eye on the competitions solutions - which includes challenging (with FIA) those that you think have crossed that boundary line!
    Those are key to success in F1
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Main points:

- energy recovery from MGU-K will be less than in 2016 because of shorter braking time, therefore MGU-H will become more important
    - turbine and compressor will be redesigned from 2016 but kept together, not split as in Mercedes engine
    - no big changes on the ICE, just optimization of the HCCI
    - target for Australia: peak power > 1000 CV (already reached at the bench, but with teething problems)
    - 3 new addictive manufacturing machines arrived in Maranello, currently under calibration
    - not worried about the power unit, but they are worried about the chassis/aero because of the delay piled up in the first part of 2016, they tried to make up ground in the last 6 months thanks to huge work from Rory Byrne (hopefully haste will not make waste)

So aero is still a problem, one would think that in 7 years we would be able to solve it

- not worried about the power unit, but they are worried about the chassis/aero because of the delay piled up in the first part of 2016, they tried to make up ground in the last 6 months thanks to huge work from Rory Byrne (hopefully haste will not make waste)

So aero is still a problem, one would think that in 7 years we would be able to solve it
    They specified that the problem was the delay with the matter with Allison and the changes afterwards.But some say that the team (with Rory)have done a fantastic job to be on schedule!!!!
    So I don't think that it's the usual design problem we had.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Find loopholes, push technical boundaries & keep an eye on the competitions solutions - which includes challenging (with FIA) those that you think have crossed that boundary line!
    Those are key to success in F1
    I couldn't agree more!

They specified that the problem was the delay with the matter with Allison and the changes afterwards.But some say that the team (with Rory)have done a fantastic job to be on schedule!!!!
    So I don't think that it's the usual design problem we had.
    I believe our main problem was not aerodynamic but mecanical grip, this Is why rory Byrne involvement Is so important with the suspension cynematism.
    Big step forward for red bull and mercedes last year when they managed to Set up their hydraulic suspension.