Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 British GP - Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Seb with Less mediums how did that happen??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhkFwx1WsAEcwv-.jpg
    It’s similar tyre combination with ham also. But in q1, mercs went with medium & vet with soft tyres.
    In q2, mercs did additional run on softs where vet stayed in pits. So he has 1new set of Medium & softs each.

Where as kimi went with extra set of mediums.

For me ferrari has good advantage, if it’s a 2 stopper.

you right makes sense, I hope its a two stopper if we cant put a ferrari in the lead early, ferrari need to watch out for bottas who will be used to get ferrari to box early or late, we must try to use strategy to get ham.

I feel bottas will definitely 1 stop, he will go long so that he has advantage on track, ham and the rest will go with the track conditions
    Last edited by mwk360; 8th July 2018 at 07:48.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

saw these translated statements

Wolff said the heat is not good for their car so they want to be ahead to control the race
    Ferrari has had more blistering or also blistering this weekend on these tyres that he took note
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Unless there is a SC/VSC very early in the race - lap 6-8, we do not need the hard tire. S and M combination would be ok, even S-M-S in a 2-stopper.

only problem from what i remember, the pitstops here are excessively long so making 1 stop is around 28seconds, so the less stops the better because making up 28seconds is a challenge

only problem from what i remember, the pitstops here are excessively long so making 1 stop is around 28seconds, so the less stops the better because making up 28seconds is a challenge
    Unless we have a 28 sec lead, that is

Imho, with good tire management the softs can easily go 18-20 laps at speed and the meds will do the rest 32-35 laps ok. So one stopper ( no sc) would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Imho, with good tire management the softs can easily go 18-20 laps at speed and the meds will do the rest 32-35 laps ok. So one stopper ( no sc) would be ok.
    i hope so , wolff said ferrari had blistering problems in free practice lets hope he's wrong

you right makes sense, I hope its a two stopper if we cant put a ferrari in the lead early, ferrari need to watch out for bottas who will be used to get ferrari to box early or late, we must try to use strategy to get ham.

I feel bottas will definitely 1 stop, he will go long so that he has advantage on track, ham and the rest will go with the track conditions
    Yeah but bottas will be a blocker if Ferrari pit early.

I’m thinking mercs will play with bottas by keeping him out for longer, by this there are two advantages.
    1) he will block one of the ferrari or both when they pit early to any under or overcut ham.
    2) if there’s any SC or VSC then it will give bottas free pit stop to ahead of Ferrari atleast one ferrari

To overcome above cases, both kimi & vettel should be close to ham & get a gap of atleast 15sec to bottas.
    As pit stop is 28sec.
    Or Ferrari should go for longer stint. But this will direct/commit only 1stop from Ferrari.

Difference between M&S is not huge, it’s just .5sec. So overtaking is difficult.
    So a better start or pit stop is the most possible scenario for Ferrari to jump ham.

.5 sec is a huge difference in f1, actually

i really pray seb does well and has a clean race, so much badluck for him, these dumb merc tyres were giving kimi blistering in fp2 and not mercs surprise surprise, if ferrari can use kimi to fend off bottas or get ham to box early we could have a good chance here

.5 sec is a huge difference in f1, actually
    This year it’s not..!! To overtake need a buffer of 1.2-1.5sec atleast

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Looks like Mercedes was running detuned engines due to failures in Austria, after all you can't lose 6 tenths gap in 7 days.
    LOL no, we were running detuned engines in Austria!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I fear Charlie W will do everything he can to stop Ferrari winning this race.
    Given half a chance he could call a SC or VSC at a crucial moment to help Lewis.
    or am I being paranoid?
    Indeed, high chance safety car will pop-up.
    Remember, AMG Mercedes has 3 pilots: L. Hamilton, B. Maylander and V. Bottas.
    What Pirelli can't do, SC will do at Silverstone.

But under normal conditions, Ferrari (2 pilots) will beat Mercedes (3 pilots).

Am I dreaming or do I see Kimi leading the race after 2nd turn? Ham sqeezing Seb into turn1 righthander and Kimi blasting on the outside into turn2 lefthander unobtrusively??

Am I dreaming or do I see Kimi leading the race after 2nd turn? Ham sqeezing Seb into turn1 righthander and Kimi blasting on the outside into turn2 lefthander unobtrusively??
    you not wrong to think that, watch this clip, cars on the dirty side have major disadvantage at the start
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmg6I-lUbT0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxcYfEOizjo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZDI-iNPDoY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWH3LWNiIsM

so seb has big disadvantage , kimi has a good chance

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    Indeed, high chance safety car will pop-up.
    Remember, AMG Mercedes has 3 pilots: L. Hamilton, B. Maylander and V. Bottas.
    What Pirelli can't do, SC will do at Silverstone.

But under normal conditions, Ferrari (2 pilots) will beat Mercedes (3 pilots).
    agreed

you not wrong to think that, watch this clip, cars on the dirty side have major disadvantage at the start
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmg6I-lUbT0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxcYfEOizjo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZDI-iNPDoY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWH3LWNiIsM

so seb has big disadvantage , kimi has a good chance
    Its perfectly possible to get a decent start from P2. In the Merc/Williams video above, the Williams overtook both P1 & P2.

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Its perfectly possible to get a decent start from P2. In the Merc/Williams video above, the Williams overtook both P1 & P2.
    i forget but did williams have a reason they were a rocket off the start???

The Force India in the 2nd video had a rocket start as well

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The Force India in the 2nd video had a rocket start as well
    lol while ferrari are parked in parade they should drop some clean rubber there =), i would love so much to see rocket starts from ferrari, clean rocket starts . P1 - P2

Think it was just one of those days where it simply went their way mate. Kimi's start in Austria was similar except that the straight was short and the braking zone came too early, otherwise he would have taken both the Mercs.

Think it was just one of those days where it simply went their way mate. Kimi's start in Austria was similar except that the straight was short and the braking zone came too early, otherwise he would have taken both the Mercs.
    Kimi has a chance after that start, in the slipstream with ham. He went outside rather than inside (seb showed it) where the track was dirty. So he lost the braking point, run off the track. Where he lost to mad max & bottas.

We really need Vettel to pull ahead in the WDC standing.
    I hope the dirty side is not going to screw his race here.

I think we're possibly discounting the role BOT may play at the start, he may want to get his own back on Seb after the French GP, so we need to be careful to stay out of trouble. Other than that, I make no predictions whatsoever, I just hope and pray that Seb's neck holds out and that HAM doesn't win.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-ferrari-fight

Mercedes will employ aggressive and attacking strategies at the British GP, says Silver Arrows boss Toto Wolff.

"Ferrari had a fast car but always the car which was fastest on the stopclock is the quickest package and today that was a Mercedes," countered Wolff.

"The moment you have to attack you are more likely to be under threat of blistering or degradation than the lead car," said Wolff.

"In Austria, when Max had the lead, he had no problems. But the other car, which was the same [type of] car, had heavy blistering. Our car doesn't like heat but it could be a difficult race for all cars.

Wolff added: "We saw some blistering on the Ferrari on Friday, their long-run pace wasn't spectacular."
    this line worries me

lol sour grapes Mr Wolff. The fastest car on the clock in qualifying isn't always the fastest race car. Kimi followed Max in the Austrian GP and his tires had no blistering, so yes its a problem but for the Mercs :)

I'm sure Ferrari noticed the same with the Mercs but like how they keep it close to their chest instead of talking out like Toto is. Signs of a man increasingly under pressure.

lol sour grapes Mr Wolff. The fastest car on the clock in qualifying isn't always the fastest race car. Kimi followed Max in the Austrian GP and his tires had no blistering, so yes its a problem but for the Mercs :)

I'm sure Ferrari noticed the same with the Mercs but like how they keep it close to their chest instead of talking out like Toto is. Signs of a man increasingly under pressure.
    praying for ferrari here, no nonsense clean victory

FerrariSteve Guest
    I'd be happy if at the end of the day Seb pulls a few more points clear of Lewis, that's all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I'd be happy if at the end of the day Seb pulls a few more points clear of Lewis, that's all I want.
    Agree with you. Win would been ideal, especially 1-2, but ultimate goal is that after the race SV leads LH with more points than before this one!