Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Guys, I was looking at our times and I cannot make up those times. Either we are so slow or we are playing games. Our race pace is sometimes over a second slower on the soft compound. On hard, we are ok, but on mediums too we are slower. Is it a possibility that Mercedes were running 120kg of fuel and we ran only 100kg?

It's been a long winter and finally season begins. It is only Friday. Let's wait for Q3 before hitting every panic button!

Ferrari revealed that the balance during practice wasn't right today. Sebastian Vettel hopes to be a bit faster tomorrow
    i hope "abit faster" means more than 0.8s or else it wont be fast enough
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1rqMrPU8AAW1D_.jpg

i believe this is a ferrari tyre with signs that we have balance or tyre wear issues here
    yep, everything is wrong with our cars, drivers, team (and tyres - irrespective of no prrof that it is indeed a Ferrari tyre). I think you should just abandon this season and look forward to the next one.

I for one am tired of browsing your negative, trigger happy, spam comments without any logic, technical analysis or know how OR credible links. If there were a way to block a user on this forum to see their posts, you would be No. 1 on the list.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    yep, everything is wrong with our cars, drivers, team (and tyres - irrespective of no prrof that it is indeed a Ferrari tyre). I think you should just abandon this season and look forward to the next one.

I for one am tired of browsing your negative, trigger happy, spam comments without any logic, technical analysis or know how OR credible links. If there were a way to block a user on this forum to see their posts, you would be No. 1 on the list.
    lol good ill do the same to you, ferrari have said they have balance issues guess my comment got into there setup data

lol heres the tyre data prrof from reliable sources https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...54176475668480
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I don't read too much into FP2 times. Just look at Kimi, is he really faster than Leclerc and only 1 tenth slower than Seb? don't think so...

I imagine just two scenarios for tomorrow, are we are going to dominate Q3 with the 0,3s gap to Mercedes. Or we are going to be destroyed by Hamilton by half a second and Bahrain cant come any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

Come on man, dont be like that. He is just being a good forum member. He is posting things he finds on other pages. We are for Ferrari, and it hurts when we see that we are so slow. So try to find why and maybe it will help us to understand. Yes, some of us can be pessimistic, but its our nature, so dont be angry at him. I for one, like to see his posts, because he finds things and he is very active. Dont scold people, please.

I think season is over.

MB P1
    RBR P2
    Ferrari P3

Williams Last 100%

Maybe 2020 we will have another chance

lol good ill do the same to you, ferrari have said they have balance issues guess my comment got into there setup data

lol heres the tyre data prrof from reliable sources https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...54176475668480
    I was just going to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Come on man, dont be like that. He is just being a good forum member. He is posting things he finds on other pages. We are for Ferrari, and it hurts when we see that we are so slow. So try to find why and maybe it will help us to understand. Yes, some of us can be pessimistic, but its our nature, so dont be angry at him. I for one, like to see his posts, because he finds things and he is very active. Dont scold people, please.

New season, new hopes crushed. Looking forward to this one!

lol back at you Mr. TSN Spammer.

Since "block user" is yet to arrive, i will "ignore the bitter old cow "

posting things from other pages ia very much appreciated. But the constant whining, crying, negativity, doom & gloom is extremely irritating. I would rather such members remain inactive.

Leclerc spin but he was on the hard tyres right till the end of the race sims , he went too wide on a kerb

I was just going to post it.
    thanks i wonder if that was leclerc's after the spin? maybe it got extra damage

Vettel: "Our car didn't turn out to be the same like in Barcelona, but it's going strong.
    I am sure that our great and smart engineers will find out the reasons, why we struggled today and we will see tomorrow."
    Charles Leclerc said that the conditions in FP2 were more difficult due to the wind. He said that Ferrari were satisfied with FP1, with FP2 not so much, but they know what to change for tomorrow.

Lets hope we find a better setup, we have new simulator drivers this year no more Gio, so maybe they got some of the setup wrong?
    Last edited by mwk360; 15th March 2019 at 08:47.

What on earth can change a car that much from p1 to p2 have Ferrari over tingered and fiddled to MUCH?

Here, just translate it in your own languages and enjoy Vettel's smiley face ;)

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ve...eglio/4353046/

Relax guys!

No matter what, I will always stay his biggest fan. Been rooting for him since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post

Relax guys!
    Is this smile from today after FP2??!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Relax guys!
    Could someone pretty please post the English translation? I’m on a mobile device and can’t manage it (also technologically impaired)

Would appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Is this smile from today after FP2??!!

seb today

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Could someone pretty please post the English translation? I’m on a mobile device and can’t manage it (also technologically impaired)

Would appreciate it!
    I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

Would appreciate it!
    The detachment of eight tenths from the Mercedes in the second session of free practice of Melborne has made to hypothesize that the men of the Cavallino have hidden today. Which in a certain sense seems to be confirmed by Sebastian's statements at the end of the day.
    After the excellent performances shown during the Barcelona tests, everyone expected to see the Ferraris ahead in the first day of free practice for the Australian GP, ​​but today in Melbourne it was the Mercedes that dominated.

Sebastian Vettel finished a few thousandths behind Lewis Hamilton in the inaugural session, but in the second he found himself even behind the two Red Bulls and separated by eight tenths. The feeling, from the outside, however, is that the Cavallino men have played the cat with the mouse a little, without showing their full potential.

Doubt that probably further fueled the German driver when he was asked about the setting problems on Sky Sport F1 HD microphones: "We don't know, but the night is long and our engineers are very clever, so I am relaxed".

The four-time world champion, however, did not hide his surprise at having seen the Silver Arrows on the ball: "We are surprised that the Mercedes was so fast. The tests had not gone bad, but had shown things normal ".

Going back to Ferrari, he made it clear that he was not worried at all, because he relies heavily on the potential of the SF90: "As for us, it was a difficult day, because the car does not behave like in Barcelona. I hope we can find the reasons for these difficulties and I think that tomorrow will be much better. "

All the doom and gloom is a main reason I never come here anymore.. . It's free practice.... chill
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Relax guys!
    lol atleast that wasnt as harsh as the quotes on twitter, i really really hope it was a once off setup thing thats easy to fix

Vettel: Maybe everyone else was struggling and then we can turn it around, but they (Mercedes) looked very strong and much stronger than they claimed before the weekend. But I’m optimistic because I know the car can do much better.
    Vettel on Mercedes: I think they looked really quick, and I don’t know if it was just us struggling a bit today or others, but as a matter of fact they were in a league of their own.

Can't tell from the few shots on the web i found if we are running the new config. wheels or not. The rears seem standard whereas the front seem to have the updated ribs...

https://ibb.co/rdvZh04

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...-sf90/4353060/

Leclerc seems to be happy so we should stay optimistic for tomorrow

sounds like Seb & Ferrari are trying to lull Merc into false sense of security