Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    But Seb is 4xWDC and higher wages??????????
    I agree, but I was told previously it would not be allowed to happen because Seb is 4xwdc and gets paid more
    We still have 20 races to go i.e. 2019. I did'nt say during A race.

Funny, this is like your first post today....and it's in response to mine. Flattered really.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

no further action apparently!! yahoo
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Hope Vettel doesn't get a penalty. Hopefully just a reprimand.

Stewards confirm no further action for Vettel
    apparently during q1 inlap? unless it was a typo on twitter
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

No further action for Seb. No surprises would have been stupid to penalize him for that. I guess he was cautious on the in lap after that massive lock up at turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    You were faster than me lol, but that's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Did you quote that ???

It’s pretty early in the season, need to check whether Lec is consistent enough to beat vettel.
    In that last two races, Lec is fastest. But there are pros n cons in it.
    This weekend during practice sessions both are on top. Come quali, there’s little compromise from seb end. Lec got on top.
    Next race don’t know how it shapes up. What I hope both drivers extract the performance & get Good 1-2 finishes.

I’ve called it earlier...!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’ve called it earlier...!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    You were faster than me lol, but that's great news!

i can celebrate little longer before its time for race build up hehe

Apparently seb was suffering with bad vibrations during quali as shown in telemetry after flat spot

Norris & Gros blamed vettel for their q1 buff....!!
    Gros blames vettel for passing at last corner which led to slow down his car eventually caused penalty

Funny, this is like your first post today....and it's in response to mine. Flattered really.
    I am just home from work so don't feel that flattered as it's really not
    Forza Ferrari

Did you quote that ???

It’s pretty early in the season, need to check whether Lec is consistent enough to beat vettel.
    In that last two races, Lec is fastest. But there are pros n cons in it.
    This weekend during practice sessions both are on top. Come quali, there’s little compromise from seb end. Lec got on top.
    Next race don’t know how it shapes up. What I hope both drivers extract the performance & get Good 1-2 finishes.
    Someone is just being "nit-picky" and seems to hang on to certain posts I post.

Re: my quote--> In the Leclerc thread. Page 14.

Vettel: I'm happy. The main thing is that we are back were we want to be. I would like to be ahead but I think it was not supposed to be today. Not the best day for my side. But we shouldn't talk about that. We should talk about Ferrari & Charles because he did a very good job.

I stand corrected then.

Leclerc is the 99th different F1 driver to sit on pole... in the 999th race

Vettel: I'm happy. The main thing is that we are back were we want to be. I would like to be ahead but I think it was not supposed to be today. Not the best day for my side. But we shouldn't talk about that. We should talk about Ferrari & Charles because he did a very good job.

i love them they like a happy family , binotto, seb & leclerc

Lot of work during the weekend too...!!! Crazy I’m not into that sector.
    5D a week is the best one for me.

I stand corrected then.

Cool down ... leave it. Happy moments, just njoy the race weekend.

Someone is just being "nit-picky" and seems to hang on to certain posts I post.

Re: my quote--> In the Leclerc thread. Page 14.
    Hmmm..... just leave it.

i love them they like a happy family , binotto, seb & leclerc
    Yeah same rappo continues... like kimi & Seb. Difference is MA. Don’t know how he handled, don’t know how Binotto will handle.

But Binotto seems to be more relaxed calm & composed. Let’s c.

Yeah same rappo continues... like kimi & Seb. Difference is MA. Don’t know how he handled, don’t know how Binotto will handle.

But Binotto seems to be more relaxed calm & composed. Let’s c.
    as long as binotto tells them not to do singapore 2017, china / monza 2018 ill be happy he said he doesnt want to risk incidents, i really hope so

Norris & Gros blamed vettel for their q1 buff....!!
    Gros blames vettel for passing at last corner which led to slow down his car eventually caused penalty
    Lando Norris believes getting blocked by Romain Grosjean in Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying was caused by his penalised Formula 1 rival being “screwed over” by Sebastian Vettel.
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...sjean/4361853/

Lando Norris believes getting blocked by Romain Grosjean in Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying was caused by his penalised Formula 1 rival being “screwed over” by Sebastian Vettel.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...sjean/4361853/

I don't see how. GRO is an idiot.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1112059918897594370

I don't see how. GRO is an idiot.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1112059918897594370
    I don’t see vettel ahead of gros or passing him anywhere...!!

"I feel we are wasting so much time and energy with regulations that are just expensive really for nothing.”

Sebastian Vettel could walk away from the sport after his Ferrari contract ends amid concerns with the regulations, he tells @becclancy

Ferrari front row lockdown at Sakhir

Sakhir, 30 March 2019 – Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow secured its 62nd Formula 1 front row lockdown today. Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel were first and second fastest in qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix, the second round of the Formula 1 World Championship. It was Charles’ first F1 pole, making him the second youngest ever pole man after Sebastian and the youngest ever Ferrari driver to claim the number one spot on the grid. For the Maranello marque, this is pole number 220.

Q1. Charles and Sebastian comfortably made the first cut. The Monegasque driver did a 1’28”495 on his first run, while Seb did a 1’28”733.

Q2. In the second part of qualifying, traffic played a crucial role. Charles managed to get a clean run amongst the many cars on track, doing a 1’28”046 at his first attempt, which was good enough to put him in the fight for pole. Things did not go as smoothly for Sebastian, who was stuck behind slower cars, which meant he could do no better than 1’29”233, which was potentially not enough to get into the top ten. Therefore the German had to fit a second set of tyres to get through in 1’28”356, which left him with only one set of new tyres for the final shoot-out.

Q3. In the final part, Charles immediately posted an excellent 1’27”958 before pitting and waiting for the track to rubber-in still further, before trying to improve on new tyres. Sebastian made his only run when there were just under five minutes remaining, to go second quickest in 1’28”160. Not long after he crossed the line, Leclerc came along again and despite being sure of starting from pole, improved still further setting a new track record of 1’27”866. The Bahrain Grand Prix starts tomorrow at 18:10 local time (17:10 CET.)

Charles Leclerc #16

“This first pole position brings me a lot of emotions, even if I’m trying to stay as cool as possible, as there are no points for pole position and the race is tomorrow. It has been a great day and a great weekend overall for the team so far, so I hope it will continue tomorrow. I said it was a question of putting everything together for qualifying and it seems I did it, unlike what happened in the first race. It’s an amazing feeling but now we have to focus on the race and try to bring home the best possible result tomorrow. I feel more comfortable in the car lap after lap so I’m satisfied. Before the race we will talk with the team to find the perfect strategy in order to give the Scuderia the best possible result. The start will probably be the key as the track is dirty and it’s easy to have wheelspin”.

Sebastian Vettel #5

“Today we were in the fight. The main thing is we are back where we want to be. It’s tomorrow that counts, but for today we can certainly be very happy as we are in a much better place than two weeks ago. Today it’s about Ferrari and about Charles who did a very very good job and nailed his laps in Q3 and he deserved to be on pole. He’s a good kid, actually, a good man, because once you get a pole in Formula 1 you are a man! It’s a big achievement and I am happy for him. Chapeau! Our one lap pace was there the whole weekend and we were able to confirm this in qualifying. I’m a lot happier today and it’s good to see that we are back on the right track”.

Mattia Binotto Team Principal

We are all very pleased for Ferrari, for Charles’ very first pole, for having locked down the first row and for our comeback after Australia. The team reacted strongly and worked well, united and focused. It’s a great team, a very good team. There’s also an excellent spirit of cooperation between our drivers and Charles is indeed a good kid. Our qualifying pace was good but it was a tough one and it’s tomorrow that really counts. It’s a very long way to the chequered flag and reliability will be important. We need to stay calm and concentrated, as our rivals will be trying to make our life difficult tomorrow. It’s a long season, so let’s take it step by step.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

"Just running higher engine modes in FP", eh? "Merc is just sandbagging", eh? "We are not fast enough", eh?

Well, Ferrari sure proved all the doubters and naysayers wrong today in style. Great performance by the team and fantastic pole for Charles. That kid is truly a special talent and I'm so happy that he got his chance to be a Ferrari driver at such a young age. His arrival to Ferrari and his talent reminds me a lot of the great Gilles Villeneuve.

After that big disappointment in Melbourne this result feels so amazing and what a relief it is. Hopefully there won't be any more blips like the one in Oz.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI