Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

I've been following Carlos Reutemann for the past month. His condition has worsened due to his kidney's.

Hope he gets better and pulls thrugh.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Sadly, he’s passed away

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I've been following Carlos Reutemann for the past month. His condition has worsened due to his kidney's.

Hope he gets better and pulls thrugh.
    Carlos Reutermann has passed away at age 79. RIP.

Ex F1 racer Carlos Reutemann dies at age 79

Carlos Reutemann, runner-up in the 1981 Formula 1 world championship, has passed away at the age of 79 after being hospitalised for over a month.

Reutemann's condition had deteriorated in the last couple of days after he suffered further issues with haemorrhaging while in the intensive care unit of a health centre in the city of Santa Fe, Argentina.

The former F1 driver and current Senator in Argentina had been hospitalised on 30 May and was moved to the ICU on 21 June, remaining there ever since.

Previously Reutemann spent 17 days in the hospital during May.

He was admitted with anaemia and dehydration, but his condition worsened due to previous issues with gastrointestinal bleeding and deteriorating kidney function. His problems were related to liver cancer he was diagnosed with in 2017.

Reutemann’s death is a major loss for Argentina as he was the most successful driver of the South American country in Formula 1 after the initial path set by the likes of Juan Manuel Fangio and Jose Froilan Gonzalez in the 1950s.

Reutemann was able to excel in F1 during a ten-year span between 1972 and 1982 in a competitive era for the series.

The Argentinian drove for big teams like Brabham, Ferrari, Lotus and Williams and won 12 grands prix.

His victories at the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 1975 and in Monaco in 1980 stand out in his career.

He also achieved 46 podiums, six pole positions, six fastest laps, 22 front row starts and 66 point finishes in a time when only top 6 received points.

In 1981, while racing for Williams, Reutemann came within one point of the world title having led for much of the season, losing out in the end to Brazilian Nelson Piquet.

He also finished third in the championship on three occasions - in 1975, 1978 and 1980 with Brabham, Ferrari and Williams, respectively.

Following his retirement from F1 after the first two races of the 1982 season and having also made two World Rally Championship starts with two podium finishes in Argentina (1980 and 1985), Reutemann turned his attention to politics in his country.

He served two terms as governor of his home province of Santa Fe and in 2003 he was offered the opportunity to run for the Argentinian presidency, but rejected the candidacy.

He’s been a member of the Senate since that year until his death.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ex...ge-79/6627349/

RIP Carlos. Really one of the best drivers to never win a title and a much greater Ferrari driver than he ever got credit for.

Pirelli’s revised rear get the go-ahead for Silverstone

https://www.planetf1.com/news/pirell...r-green-light/

Mercedes ‘optimistic’ about ‘exciting’ upgrade

https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...iting-upgrade/

Looks like Merc is getting ready for another set of bespoke tires from Pirelli mid-season. If Merc suddenly finds .5-1 second of pace, we all know where to look.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Looks like Merc is getting ready for another set of bespoke tires from Pirelli mid-season. If Merc suddenly finds .5-1 second of pace, we all know where to look.
    F1 is a crappy circus at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    F1 is a crappy circus at this point.
    Yup, one big circus. I do not trust anything that comes from Toto, Ham, Masi, Isola, the FIA etc. They are all lying crooks.

The irony of the circus is that all the ham fanyboys are crying right now that F1 is boring now that RedBull is winning every race. What a joke, we have had to put up with 7 years of one team winning and after 4 races they are already tired of RedBull winning?
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 9th July 2021 at 16:40.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So it won't be their upgrade then? Definitely the "bespoke" tyres?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    So it won't be their upgrade then? Definitely the "bespoke" tyres?
    Definitely, especially after both Toto and Hamilton said no upgrades were coming. Then Pirelli says they are changing the tire specs and bang, Merc says they have a “rear” upgrade for Silverstone coming. Too convenient if you ask me, especially when Pirelli said the tires blew because of the way the teams where running them; no fault of Pirelli. So if there is no issue, why change the compound? Same reason the FIA put out directives on wings, and pit stops - because the boss Toto complained and requested it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    RIP Carlos. Really one of the best drivers to never win a title and a much greater Ferrari driver than he ever got credit for.
    Some of us are old enough to remember him driving for Ferrari, he and Emerson must have had the biggest F1 sideburns ever! RIP Carlos R.

Definitely, especially after both Toto and Hamilton said no upgrades were coming. Then Pirelli says they are changing the tire specs and bang, Merc says they have a “rear” upgrade for Silverstone coming. Too convenient if you ask me, especially when Pirelli said the tires blew because of the way the teams where running them; no fault of Pirelli. So if there is no issue, why change the compound? Same reason the FIA put out directives on wings, and pit stops - because the boss Toto complained and requested it.
    I don't know, sounds like paranoia if you ask me. It's reasonable for Merc to change their mind about upgrades when they realise that they're being beaten - something that hasn't happened in recent years despite them always stopping in-season development early. Also, I doubt their car deficit can be overcome simply by changing tyre spec. Sounds farfetched. But we'll see.
    Last edited by ntukza; 12th July 2021 at 04:21.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

News of Ferrari launching the new simulator. Already it seems like our current one is working well now, so hopefully this new one will take us to the very front of the grid.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't know, sounds like paranoia if you ask me. It's reasonable for Merc to change their mind about upgrades when they realise that they're being beaten - something that hasn't happened in recent years despite them always stopping in-season development early. Also, I doubt their car deficit can be overcome simply by changing tyre spec. Sounds farfetched. But we'll see.
    Actually tyre management can be one of the biggest handicaps . They can kill you or make you.
    DAS is a fine example of how much an advantage this can be.
    Don't be surprised after this comes in play.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

formula one dot com.... https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...ha0satSjx.html

so we have reached the low low point, where avid racing fans that have been watching racing for decades, have to be explained what the requirements are for a race....

It's all very contrived and doesn't really make allowances for crashes or mechanical issues which could render any team unable to compete in the actual GP. I really don't see the point when we are used to the current schedule of a GP weekend, except to appease the American owners who want to put on a show, and I'm surprised Brawn and Domenicali have gone along with it. I hope it won't become permanent and Ferrari's chances for the weekend look even less promising when there is so much that could decide the weekend before the actual GP even starts.

Ferrari's first win at Silverston in 1951 by Gonzalez in a F1 375. Leclerc will drive it at Silverstone 2021.

That V12 melody. The 375 F1 is ready for Silverstone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQjRYqNLELw

and another insult to Ferrari by the official F1 site.... https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...WbbArPVcv.html
    all teams except one.... guess who's not there.

New 2022 formula is Indy Car from years back. Stupid. F1 RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's all very contrived and doesn't really make allowances for crashes or mechanical issues which could render any team unable to compete in the actual GP. I really don't see the point when we are used to the current schedule of a GP weekend, except to appease the American owners who want to put on a show, and I'm surprised Brawn and Domenicali have gone along with it. I hope it won't become permanent and Ferrari's chances for the weekend look even less promising when there is so much that could decide the weekend before the actual GP even starts.
    It's not just Brawn and Stefano who agreed to it, it's all the teams as well.

I hope we do have a crash or two in the sprint race (not Ferrari though) just so that the point is made.
    Forza Ferrari

It's not just Brawn and Stefano who agreed to it, it's all the teams as well.

I hope we do have a crash or two in the sprint race (not Ferrari though) just so that the point is made.
    But then again, it's the same thing if you wreck your car in orthodox qualifying, is it not?
    Forza Ferrari

I think they made some changes, because most of the race weekends are really boring, quali is exciting, but most races, nothing really happens, Trulli train and so on, who leads in first corner, wins the race and so on.

The only way the sprint is a success is it Max and Hammy punt themselves out on lap one so they have to start from the rear tomorrow otherwise it's just a pointless waste of time, fuel and money

But then again, it's the same thing if you wreck your car in orthodox qualifying, is it not?
    That's true, but having what amounts to a 'race' on both Saturday and Sunday, plus quali on a Friday, the risks are greater and there's less time to rebuild a car if it gets wrecked in the Sprint race. Thankfully that didn't happen in the Sprint today and Charles held his own to finish P4, a great achievement in itself. Carlos climbed back from P18 to P11, and I assume that gives us a wider tyre choice for the start tomorrow. I bet they won't penalise Russell for punting Carlos off. Sky coverage so annoyingly Brit-focused, didn't expect anything else.

Wisepie you are 100% on target wit your post. Also; Russell is no way ready for any top 10 race start. It's his driving not the Wiliams car that is causing his hitting anyone near him. He wants that Merc seat any any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wisepie you are 100% on target wit your post. Also; Russell is no way ready for any top 10 race start. It's his driving not the Wiliams car that is causing his hitting anyone near him. He wants that Merc seat any any cost.
    Brembo, you know me, I have a problem supporting Brit drivers because we never get a moment's peace from the Sky presenters when there's a sniff of a Brit success in the air! Not taking anything away from HAM/NOR/RUS in their ability, I just can't support them as being a Ferrari tifoso is too powerful and I am loyal to the end. Alfa is my No2 team, of course. I don't have an ounce of Italian blood in me, but feel as if I do!

I'd be happy to have a British Ferrari driver so long as it wasn't Hammy

That being said, considering Norris signed a new contract and Sainz has been closer to Leclerc than Vettel was I think it's unlikely in the shorter term, although I could see Norris eventually ending up at Ferrari in a few years.

In a few years I see the Swiss rookie@ Haas ready for Ferrari. Mick will be the pick! Meanwhile I can't see how Bottas' renewal is at all in question vs. Russell. The first 47 races with Williams comparing the two drivers: Points 247 vs 0 , Podiums 7 vs 0 fastest laps 1 vs 0 and Q3 entries 50 vs 0. Most every fan on our Forum believes any F-1 driver in that Merc rocket would win a race.
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th July 2021 at 01:39.

Not F1, but terrible regardless...

https://www.motorsport.com/national/...hatch/6640123/

Brands Hatch's pit 'straight' has always been a bit whacky with its odd right angle.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Not F1, but terrible regardless...

https://www.motorsport.com/national/...hatch/6640123/

Brands Hatch's pit 'straight' has always been a bit whacky with its odd right angle.

RIP
    Tragic. I agree Brands does have a weird straight, but it sounds like it was just a freak accident for the car to catch air high enough to hit the marshals post.

I'll never forget Monza 2001(?) Italian broadcasting didn't help then, they also focus on stuff when they shouldn't. Seen enough bad crashes at the Giro D'italia to know that.

It's always such a tragedy to lose anyone in Motorsport, more so when they're a marshal going and given their services for free because they love Motorsport so much.