Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Practices & Qualifying

So it’s the same story. Seb says team can’t able to find why they aren’t slow in S3.
    Team doesn’t have solution too.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Seb says they have done something different with the set up which will pay off tomorrow.
    Don’t know wt set-up he’s talking about. Low DF doesn’t give u advantage, it really destroys tyres in S3.
    For sure ferrari need to watch RB tmrw. They might come out on top of ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Im imagine HAM is gasping for a chance to drive a red tractor!
    You may jest but there are not many drivers on the grid who would refuse a call from the red team.
    It's quite an accolade to put on your CV.
    But I doubt if we would have Ham!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Amazing S1 by Seb, would really love to see the onboard Bottas vs Seb in which corner we are loosing the most of time. I would say the last chicane. The Mercedes car has extra grip, it looks like a traction control or EBD in RBR years, so much downforce and traction. I think we could fight in some ways in Silverstone, Hockenheim, Spa, Monza, thats about it.

Really have to sort the issue asap, we are testing the new suspension in a few days time in testing. Hope to find the solution.

The big question do you have an information about our fastest S3 time in Barcelona winter testing, while we had a new suspension, which failed latter? Please.
    They showed the side by side of Bottas and Seb's laps on Sky. Seb lost so much time in almost every corner in Sector 2 and 3. The Ferrari has so much understeer compared to the Mercedes.

The show's over. What upgrades? Ferrari has no answer and will have no answer to Mercedes's pace. Monaco will be a bloodbath this season. Vettel and Leclerc will be a battle between experience and youth. Vettel got the most out the car today and Leclerc overdrove damaging his floor. Might as well forget Mercedes exists and watch Vettel, Leclerc, and Verstappen duke it out. Hopefully Bottas keeps his form and wins the championship over Hamilton this year. Maybe that will force him into retirement sooner.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t know wt set-up he’s talking about. Low DF doesn’t give u advantage, it really destroys tyres in S3.
    For sure ferrari need to watch RB tmrw. They might come out on top of ferrari.
    Well Seb says Ferrari has done something "daring" today which should hopefully pay off tomorrow.

Excluding sector 1, we are basically on par with Haas in sector 2 and 3. I think there's something fundamentally wrong with this car, my money on the vehicle dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Excluding sector 1, we are basically on par with Haas in sector 2 and 3. I think there's something fundamentally wrong with this car, my money on the vehicle dynamics.
    Every thing is wrong with this car

Our new engine is a beast though, I saw speed traps and its insane. Car has fundamental flaws with cornering zhat is 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Every thing is wrong with this car
    Not everything...our car is very fast in the high speed corners, also the rear limited traction is pretty good.

Vehicle dynamics = aerodynamics + mechanical balance. Car is very good on aero side, but lacks massively on mechanical side. I think the front suspension needs a complete re-work.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not everything...our car is very fast in the high speed corners, also the rear limited traction is pretty good.

Vehicle dynamics = aerodynamics + mechanical balance. Car is very good on aero side, but lacks massively on mechanical side. I think the front suspension needs a complete re-work.
    That’s what I said earlier. It’s suspension design, front end limited tracks ferrari struggling.
    At the same time we lost traction around slow corners.
    By now ferrari should have addressed this issue, as Aus GP shown Ferrari weakness.
    Wts the concern is they brought the update & still went for low DF config.

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    any one has any streamable links?
    not f1tv

Depressing that once again our upgrades have made little difference, we can't keep saying it's the tyres/circuit/temperature/balance when all the teams have the same issues, with the apparent exception of Mercedes. And that I fear is the problem, and another one waiting in the wings is Red Bull with a Honda engine that by all accounts was hopeless and unreliable in a Mclaren. I despair and wonder why I bother to watch our team being humiliated, but wait....the race is tomorrow and you never know who will come 3rd.

I can’t understand how hass is matching our times for S2 and S3. This is just very disappointing, 5 races in and we can’t fix our problems. It’s going to be a long season

Even though this is clearly Formula Merc, and it really doesn't matter what Ferrari throw at Merc, I, personally, don't want to catch up in any artificial way. Like that token system introduced a few years ago. If Merc are better and can't be caught, so be it. The one thing one can be critical about is how this PU forumla was created and introduced in the first place in 2014. Why Ferrari accepted it, the way it came about, is a mystery. The FIA can hand Merc their 6th championships and their 7th for next year right now. If they are fastest on tracks like Melbourne, Baku and Barcelona, then it's over for this concorde agreement.
    Last edited by 512 TR; 11th May 2019 at 17:23.

what a car they have, just look at this

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1127234079081078789

So it looks like Seb has got back his testing feeling as he is saying car was feeling good and is well balanced but it's just not quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    what a car they have, just look at this

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1127234079081078789
    Absolute monster. So complient...not ONE hint of understeer, ever ever so slight oversteer (which is what you want). Probably could end up best F1 car of all time if they continue at this pace. RB looks like toy in corners in comparison, let alone Ferrari

I trully believe and i'll say it again that merc have had 200 hp in the bank since day one. This whole turbo hybrid era is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!! and i just can't watch anymore so disappointing that they let this formula carry on for so long. This truly is the joke of any type of racing now! Shame on F1 as they have lost me as a whole now!! LH can take all the glory on a joke of a series of racing. This back and forth between him and Bottas is just a show as they are trying to keep fans watching but I'm not watching anymore and i will just check for the high lights at the end of the day. LH is the best driver but
    it really that he has the best car and thats it.

Bottas and Vettels laps side by side.

https://youtu.be/FQHsKnrOCQw

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

[video]https://youtu.be/FQHsKnrOCQw[/url]
    That understear of the Ferrari is insane!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    So it looks like Seb has got back his testing feeling as he is saying car was feeling good and is well balanced but it's just not quick enough.
    Yes, I did notice that too

Thanks

It seems that this is not a particular weakness in sector 3 but in every kind of turn

You can tell the 4 wheel steer where Seb as loosing time. When braking starts, Seb gain some time, but as soon as the steering is turned, Seb is loosing time. He looses time all the way to the apex and all through the exit of the turn and as acceleration, becase Bottas is carrying more speed through acceleration, but we have a good enough acceleration to catch up with them, but the chicane is also so bad, looses a lot of time.

Seb is faster at least until that yellow bridge at 0:56. That's the last marker I can see. So it might be for almost 1 minutes of the lap. Then it's all Bottas.

It's all over guys. They are faster... It's as simply as that. We came with new upgrades, they are still a second ahead. Time to face the music!

Predictable result.

As I said, Merc 1-2 in every race this year.

Ferrari should be ashamed of themselves. What an abysmal failure.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    I trully believe and i'll say it again that merc have had 200 hp in the bank since day one. This whole turbo hybrid era is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!! and i just can't watch anymore so disappointing that they let this formula carry on for so long. This truly is the joke of any type of racing now! Shame on F1 as they have lost me as a whole now!! LH can take all the glory on a joke of a series of racing. This back and forth between him and Bottas is just a show as they are trying to keep fans watching but I'm not watching anymore and i will just check for the high lights at the end of the day. LH is the best driver but
    it really that he has the best car and thats it.
    Yep. I believe they had more in the bag since 2014. They could have came up with this year's car power a long time ago, maybe as far as day 1, in 2014. But they tried to keep it interesting so there will be no reason for a quick rule change. I bet they are already testing for 2021 rules change, because they already have 2020 car lined up and ready to go win all the races.