Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate the drivers on the grid

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb does not have a dominant car as you are trying to suggest.
    Nothing worse than a Hamilton fanboy. Met them on other forums, and every single one of them moaning about how Ferrari have a dominant car and how louise is doing wonders. So glad Rosberg took that one from him.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Nothing worse than a Hamilton fanboy. Met them on other forums, and every single one of them moaning about how Ferrari have a dominant car and how louise is doing wonders. So glad Rosberg took that one from him.
    Winning in Germany from 14th place is doing wonders even if it's Lewis fault it rained. Had Kimi not moved over for Seb that race when he did , who knows ? Maybe a win. But would Seb Fanboys even care? Ferrari WCC is what needs to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Winning in Germany from 14th place is doing wonders even if it's Lewis fault it rained. Had Kimi not moved over for Seb that race when he did , who knows ? Maybe a win. But would Seb Fanboys even care? Ferrari WCC is what needs to happen!
    It was a good race by hamilton but just good. Anyone can pass the cars that are not top 3(ex Kimi did it also) ... As for the top 3 teams, lewis never passed a single one of them that race. A series of luck, good judgement by the pit crew, bad judgement by other's pit crew(Kimi, Max) and personal mistakes by others(Seb) and another call from own team(a faster Bottas to stand down) . So lewis just had decent pace and passed much slower cars in that race... He is not in a league of his own like his fans make him out to be, that's all i am saying.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 14th August 2018 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Which one has the stewards falling all over themselves to assist him? Professional wresting is less rigged than this.
    Agree
    So much so it hurts to watch sometimes and don't forget Charlie!!!!!
    I cannot remember when he last had a penalty but he has earned a few along the way.

Forza Jules

It was a good race by hamilton but just good. Anyone can pass the cars that are not top 3(ex Kimi did it also) ... As for the top 3 teams, lewis never passed a single one of them that race. A series of luck, good judgement by the pit crew, bad judgement by other's pit crew(Kimi, Max) and personal mistakes by others(Seb) and another call from own team(a faster Bottas to stand down) . So lewis just had decent pace and passed much slower cars in that race... He is not in a league of his own like his fans make him out to be, that's all i am saying.
    Quite agree, once again the stars were aligned for HAM and we lost out, OK so Seb made a mistake and I'm still not 100% convinced we would have won in Germany given the advancing progress of the Mercs and the weather conditions, but at least Seb could have scored some points instead of none.

OK, good luck, good pit crew judgement and horrible team orders ruin any drivers deserving praise for a win. Actually the driver should be ashamed of himself for winning. Even worse would be winning in a top car. Seb's mistake was not Lewis" fault. I did want Bottas to win that race , but team Merc did a Ferrari 1,2 on him. Too bad.

1) Alonso
    2) Hamilton
    3) Vettel
    4) Ric
    5) Max
    6) Leclerc

1. Alonso
    2. Hamilton
    3. Ricc
    4. Max
    5. Vettel
    6. Kimi
    7. LeClerc
    8. Gasly
    9. Ocon
    10. Bottas
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Quite agree, once again the stars were aligned for HAM and we lost out, OK so Seb made a mistake and I'm still not 100% convinced we would have won in Germany given the advancing progress of the Mercs and the weather conditions, but at least Seb could have scored some points instead of none.
    yup pretty much
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Alonso
    Hamilton
    Verstappen
    Ricciardo
    Hulkenberg
    Vettel
    Bottas
    Raikkonen
    Ocon
    Perez

Special mention to Leclerc but he needs to show some skill in wet conditions first

Undoubtedly Hamilton is numero uno. Then the rest. Driving, arguably, the best car which he helped developed, he produces pole winning laps, makes the least amount of mistakes and of course is leading the championship.

There, I said it. It’s with great pain that I have to accept that 2018 may go their way.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Undoubtedly Hamilton is numero uno. Then the rest. Driving, arguably, the best car which he helped developed, he produces pole winning laps, makes the least amount of mistakes and of course is leading the championship.

There, I said it. It’s with great pain that I have to accept that 2018 may go their way.
    A truly honest and accurate post! Oh! wait! What about his off track personality? Ferrari wise, "It ain't over till it's over!" There's hope, even if it's Kimi that brings home the points.

Hamilton made a 41 lap stint work, stop your Hamilton bias already. TBH Hamilton is in a league of his own, Vettel certainly is not in Hamilton league.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reizo View Post
    Hamilton made a 41 lap stint work, stop your Hamilton bias already. TBH Hamilton is in a league of his own, Vettel certainly is not in Hamilton league.
    you are the one with Hamilton bias, does he not have his own forum?
    Forza Ferrari

For me Hamilton is the best hands down. Never had No1 status his whole career unlike Vettel and Alonso, second Max/Ricciardo
    1. Hamilton
    2. Verstappen
    3. Ricciardo
    4. Alonso/Räïkönen
    5. Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    you are the one with Hamilton bias, does he not have his own forum?
    It's not a bias, it's a fact.

It's not a bias, it's a fact.
    LOL no it's not. Again does Lewis not have his own forum?
    Forza Ferrari

Remember when Vettel passed Hamilton on track this season? Sure you do. Remember when Hamilton passed Vettel? Yeah, me neither...

Remember when Vettel passed Hamilton on track this season? Sure you do. Remember when Hamilton passed Vettel? Yeah, me neither...
    Lol, you mean that race where Hamilton had a loss of engine power and where Hamilton gave Vettel all the space to overtake and yet Vettel almost managed to crash in Hamilton, that race ?

Lol, you mean that race where Hamilton had a loss of engine power and where Hamilton gave Vettel all the space to overtake and yet Vettel almost managed to crash in Hamilton, that race ?
    LH is the greatest driver of all time. There you have it. Now please take your bias to the lewishamiltonfans.com site.

Stop drinking that hamilton cool aid man. If you love him that much, go talk about those dreamy eyes, or hot chainz, or whatever you like about him, on a forum dedicated to him. I can guarantee you, you will no have to many followers here. Most people on the forum dislike him but have the clear mind to see he is a good driver. He has not done himself any favors by speaking of Ferrari's INTENTIONALLY taking him out, not taking penalties when others have gotten them for significantly less and somehow, somehow he still moans about it. Neutrals have seen it too, on other forums, and I can tell you they did not like what they saw. The only people who buy into his "greatness" are silly fanboys, most of them from UK and the USA. You are preaching to the wrong crowd my friend

1. Hamilton and Vettel - It is not coincidence that they've both won 4 WDCs and are dominant two drivers in top 2 teams

3. Bottas - I am biased, I agree. But his qualifying performances against Hamilton have been great so far. He is reliable wingman and a great asset to Mercedes. That's why I hoped that he would join Ferrari after Kimi but it is not going happen.

4. Verstappen - Future champion and so fast. Too hot headed at the moment but for pure talent and raw speed he is among the best if not the best.

5. Räikkönen - A living legend. Have been pretty solid with outdated engine. The car suits him well.

6-10 in no particular order. Alonso, LeClerc, Ricciardo, Ocon, Perez

Alonso is leaving the F1 while still in his prime. There is reason for that and because of that I can' t rate him as a top 5 driver.

Ricciardo is not leaving but the reason is bit similar. He side stepped from winning team to Renault. I think he couldn't stand the heat by losing in terms of pure speed against Verstappen.

LeClerc is a future champion, a Ferrari champion for sure. It is hard to judge how good he really is because of the mediocre teammate Ericsson and because of the leap Sauber have made.

Ocon is such a promising driver as well. He is driving very well against Perez who I rank highly as well. Great podiums (8) on previous seasons with Sauber and Force India. For example former teammate Hulkenberg has none so far despite the long career.

both hamilton and vettel havent been the best this year imo
    Vettel - made way too many mistakes and go too many penalties(some are unfair)
    Hamilton - had too many weekends when hes been off the pace, most of his good results this year have been the misfortune of others

not sure who is #1 for me but its not the 4 time champs
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    both hamilton and vettel havent been the best this year imo
    Vettel - made way too many mistakes and go too many penalties(some are unfair)
    Hamilton - had too many weekends when hes been off the pace, most of his good results this year have been the misfortune of others

not sure who is #1 for me but its not the 4 time champs
    Not winning a race is certainly a misfortune for all drivers 2nd place and down that race. Winning the race is a good result for the winner for sure. Besides Austria 2002, no winning driver should feel bad for finishing in 1st place. Talking about misfortunes!!

Stop drinking that hamilton cool aid man. If you love him that much, go talk about those dreamy eyes, or hot chainz, or whatever you like about him, on a forum dedicated to him. I can guarantee you, you will no have to many followers here. Most people on the forum dislike him but have the clear mind to see he is a good driver. He has not done himself any favors by speaking of Ferrari's INTENTIONALLY taking him out, not taking penalties when others have gotten them for significantly less and somehow, somehow he still moans about it. Neutrals have seen it too, on other forums, and I can tell you they did not like what they saw. The only people who buy into his "greatness" are silly fanboys, most of them from UK and the USA. You are preaching to the wrong crowd my friend
    Shut your horse mouth and don't even dare talking about penalties cause Vettel had escaped too many or a very light penalty. Well Massa was ordered to destroy Hamilton's race on purpose in Singapore 2011 so i can image Hamilton saying it and Hamilton is way greater than Vettel who had it easy with his No1 status and ''easy'' teammates compared to Hamilton so don't even go there.

seems like this place loves hamilton and hates vettel now lol wow, wonder how it would be if it didnt rain last two weekends tbh
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/903567...ronment-horner

Vettel acts as a rock in Ferrari's high-pressure environment – Horner
    “I think the pressure is probably a bit different at Ferrari. I think at Red Bull it was arguably a more relaxed atmosphere, he hasn’t got the nations hopes resting on his shoulders," Horner explained.

“Ferrari obviously is a different beast to operate within, [it’s] fear based and a very different environment from the outside looking in, and you can see Sebastian, he carries that pressure. He’s very much a rock within that team.”

Vettel racked up 38 victories and claimed four consecutive world championships during his Red Bull tenure, leading Horner to praise his ability, labelling him as the best driver to ever race for the Milton Keynes squad.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    seems like this place loves hamilton and hates vettel now lol wow, wonder how it would be if it didnt rain last two weekends tbh
    If only Ferrari had a driver who can cause it to rain when he needs it ! 78 poles and still counting, rain or shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If only Ferrari had a driver who can cause it to rain when he needs it ! 78 poles and still counting, rain or shine!
    And how many did he had before 2014? Only a handful. Even Rosberg got 40 poles against Hamilton, Lance Stroll would be on 40 poles too if he was in Rosberg's place. But if Vettel was in Hamilton's Mercedes since 2014, he would have made a century already. Beast of a qualifier and racer, no wonder Toto wants him, Renault wants him, Red Bull rates him among the top 2 greatest drivers of all time.

1. Alonso
    2.Verstappen
    3.Ricciardo
    4.Raikkonen
    5.Vettel
    6.Hulkenberg
    7.Sainz
    8.Hamilton
    9.Ocon
    10.Gasley/Leclerc

The rest honestly don't even bring anything special, especially those Haas drivers