Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019 China GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I said IF he continues to make the same mistakes then taking him on was a mistake. But I also wrote that I'm willing to give him a few races because everyone deserves that. He has taken that chance and more. The last two races and his results are not his fault.

This is exactly what I meant. Calling someone Stefano is the clear evidence of your disbelief. I rest my case and I'll come back when you have calmed down.
    Ok no problems Stefano, we will remain calm and work hard that's what will make everything ok. Meanwhile Merc will rack up the points and the title will be over for us very quickly while we remain calm.
    Forza Ferrari

I am sure that it is not easy to be Binotto now. Italian press must be ruthless tomorrow.

Quarelling amongst ourselves while Mercedes is laughing. That's what we left...
    They are toying with us can't you see? At least don't give them the satisfaction of seeing us being torn apart.
    btw. Someone posted here an article about conspiracy and how the germans control the power balance by turning their engines up and down from weekend to weekend.
    Now I think that it might make some sense. If its true and all is set, then we cant expect a title while Lewis is driving for them. Not to mention, if the swirling rumours are more than just rumours about him joining Ferrari for his last year, that would be another punch in the face, for me at least. I would HATE to see him coming here for the 8th title.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    They are toying with us can't you see? At least don't give them the satisfaction of seeing us being torn apart.
    btw. Someone posted here an article about conspiracy and how the germans control the power balance by turning their engines up and down from weekend to weekend.
    Now I think that it might make some sense. If its true and all is set, then we cant expect a title while Lewis is driving for them. Not to mention, if the swirling rumours are more than just rumours about him joining Ferrari for his last year, that would be another punch in the face, for me at least. I would HATE to see him coming here for the 8th title.
    I think their goal is to get 10 straight championship double.

To many problems at Ferrari. The car is good but not enough to Mercedes. Ferrari have a major issue with slow corners. They are so slow in corners.... I’m not pessimistic but for championship looks awful. I think that car have potential but always problems at Ferrari ....unreliability and the lack of aerodynamic data on the car kills us

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am sure that it is not easy to be Binotto now. Italian press must be ruthless tomorrow.
    Yeah...it will be too much pressure for him now.

Mercedes is not controlling the engines, come on. Ferrari used to be one of the best when it come to race day operations - great starts, bulletproof reliability, strong strategies. Thanks to that, as well as driving brilliance, Alonso achieved more than the car deserved. Since around 2016 they have dropped the ball, there were many strategic mistakes in that year already as well as mechanical issues and it has carried over. Now there is the added issue of two equal drivers for the first time since 2009. Raikkonen and Massa coped with it remarkably well in 07-09 btw.

Ferrari is like the italian government they change like underpants tense how destab they must really be Mr camilleri will want answers and they better be ready other wise heads will start to roll I don't think that Binnotto can go the distance Harry potter of f1 will exit before years end .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari is like the italian government they change like underpants tense how destab they must really be Mr camilleri will want answers and they better be ready other wise heads will start to roll I don't think that Binnotto can go the distance Harry potter of f1 will exit before years end .
    If there is anyone who can take Ferrari to title then that person is Binotto. Personnel wise, Ferrari is in prime position, car needs fixes, that's it.

If a aging Lewis went to Ferrari, who’d be partnered with?
    I think he’d beat Vettel. But I’m not sure if he’d win against a more experienced Charles. Big risk.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari do this a lot, make a rash decision, sack someone and that someone goes elsewhere and builds a championship car...

Its stupid conspiracy. Merc brought whole new car in 2nd week of testing and bits and pieces EVERY SINGLE RACE SINCE TESTING. This is where we have to look into reasons, because we brought nothing.

If all those changes even brought only 2-3 tenths, it means they would get destroyed at Bahrain and would have mucj tougher time in China.

Fact is, Merc is relentless while we are trying to understand the car we have. We brought 0 upfates since 21st of February (1st day of testing).

Hello Mr aldo Costa.

I still don’t understand where the testing Ferrari world beater went/
    SURLY it can’t be down to just track temperature.

To be fair with the team, the team orders are really hard to decide especially with 2 drivers performing almost the same level during this race.

They let Charles keep the place for several laps in the beginning, but he wasn’t pulling away from vettel while the mercs are pulling away from both of them. Vettel looked the faster during this time. Almost everyone, from tv commentators to us fans, were saying, surely they need to let Vettel go and ask Charles to move aside. Unfortunately, when they did do the switcheroo, apparently, Vettel wasn’t as quick as we thought he should be. He was clearly pushing hard to get away from Leclerc, but couldn’t and started locking up. As they say, hindsight is always hindsight is 20/20 and from this, the team is then blamed for the switch.

My point is, let us not blame the team for the team orders today. This is the least of our problem, i believe. The team did what they did was best at that time and it is always hard to decide as the race progresses.

I admit that our strategists have not been our biggest strength in the past few years, and it shows here again. This we can improve on.

The car is what we need to improve on as well. How? I don’t know..I’ll leave that to our engineers who knows more than I do. They need to act now, 3 races down, we don’t want to get caught thinking the season is long, then suddenly, the championships are out of reach.
    From Schumacher, always expect the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    I still don’t understand where the testing Ferrari world beater went/
    SURLY it can’t be down to just track temperature.
    You saw it in Bahrain and you will see it in other races too. We just need to limit the damage on other tracks and hope it will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gabobito View Post
    To be fair with the team, the team orders are really hard to decide especially with 2 drivers performing almost the same level during this race.

They let Charles keep the place for several laps in the beginning, but he wasn’t pulling away from vettel while the mercs are pulling away from both of them. Vettel looked the faster during this time. Almost everyone, from tv commentators to us fans, were saying, surely they need to let Vettel go and ask Charles to move aside. Unfortunately, when they did do the switcheroo, apparently, Vettel wasn’t as quick as we thought he should be. He was clearly pushing hard to get away from Leclerc, but couldn’t and started locking up. As they say, hindsight is always hindsight is 20/20 and from this, the team is then blamed for the switch.

My point is, let us not blame the team for the team orders today. This is the least of our problem, i believe. The team did what they did was best at that time and it is always hard to decide as the race progresses.

I admit that our strategists have not been our biggest strength in the past few years, and it shows here again. This we can improve on.

The car is what we need to improve on as well. How? I don’t know..I’ll leave that to our engineers who knows more than I do. They need to act now, 3 races down, we don’t want to get caught thinking the season is long, then suddenly, the championships are out of reach.
    Maybe that is forgivable. What isn’t is leaving Charles out for multiple laps after pitting Seb, it was a pointless halfway strategy that gained nothing but lost loads of time and destroyed his race.

It was said that Ferrari is having issue with front end grip, maybe the front wing design is turning out to be the wrong approach.

If it is the front wing, then I don't see any easy fix as the rest of the aero is design around the front wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    It was said that Ferrari is having issue with front end grip, maybe the front wing design is turning out to be the wrong approach.

If it is the front wing, then I don't see any easy fix as the rest of the aero is design around the front wing.
    If it is true, then can we sack all F1 media reporters, cause wasn’t it "wow Ferrari have pulled a ace and red bull and Mercedes are going to have to go back to the drawing board and get a B spec car"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Grip level feel is related to front suspension. Front wing is more of a aero towards more downforce better airflow. If I’m not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Grip level feel is related to front suspension. Front wing is more of a aero towards more downforce better airflow. If I’m not wrong.
    Yap. Slow corners 60-120kph are more about suspension then aero. Look at our fast corner performance, we are great there and that means load crested by car (FW, floor and RW) is good. It is issue with suspension I think...

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Yap. Slow corners 60-120kph are more about suspension then aero. Look at our fast corner performance, we are great there and that means load crested by car (FW, floor and RW) is good. It is issue with suspension I think...
    Hmm..... don’t know what to think about next race. As S2 is all about slow corners

Gutted for Leclerc. He was faster but was ordered to let Vettel past. I don't get this.

Then we allowed Max to pass us. Strategy just our weak point and we need to be TOP to beat the taxi's.

I know this aint gonna happen this year AGAIN.

Let's hope Leclerc stay with Ferrari if this goes down further and further cause this WILL cause tensions!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Maybe that is forgivable. What isn’t is leaving Charles out for multiple laps after pitting Seb, it was a pointless halfway strategy that gained nothing but lost loads of time and destroyed his race.
    Fair enough.
    From Schumacher, always expect the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Gutted for Leclerc. He was faster but was ordered to let Vettel past. I don't get this.

Then we allowed Max to pass us. Strategy just our weak point and we need to be TOP to beat the taxi's.

I know this aint gonna happen this year AGAIN.

Let's hope Leclerc stay with Ferrari if this goes down further and further cause this WILL cause tensions!
    Except that he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Except that he wasn't.
    OK true indeed , except that Seb wasn't faster than Charles is correct. The proof being Charles moved over for Seb only to see him lose the race. He couldn't even come in 2nd! Seb will always be remembered @ R Bull! A 4x champion! Charles needs to learn from Max to shut his radio! Look what he did to Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Except that he wasn't.
    Lap 7 8 9 and 10 see the green times from Leclerc? Get your fact straight please.

Also:

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Lap 7 8 9 and 10 see the green times from Leclerc? Get your fact straight please.

Also:

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3e&oe=5D2A015B
    yeah just watched the race, like other teams do we should have switched them back after Seb didn't pull away, to be fair

I'm having trouble with team orders at this stage of the season.
    I understand that F1 is a team game first and foremost and acquiring as many points as possible is our primary target.
    Back in 2007,2008 and the first half of 2009 (Felipe's accident changed all of that) both drivers were allowed to race until it was mathematically impossible for one of them.
    We won the WCC and the WDC in 2007 with Kimi, WCC in 2008 and narrowly missed the WDC with Felipe who was the 2nd driver.
    Why cannot we adopt a similar strategy in 2019. .......or at least up to the summer break. If we could concentrate on the WCC maybe the WDC would come our way as well.
    I am afraid we are beginning to see a Seb meltdown similar to 2014 when a talented Daniel Riccardo embarrassed the 4 times WDC.

I fear that a talented young driver like Charles who appears to be very capable of bringing home big points for us may lose interest knowing that whatever he achieves he's likely to defer to Seb.

Forza Jules

Seb did look quicker so I can see why they done it, but when it was clear Seb was no quicker then should have been told to give it back. Poor management from the pit wall.
    Forza Ferrari