Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sack Perez...

Anyone noticed how Perez with that outdated hairstyle, smile and white suit, kind of looks like Gilles???

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If a driver is only competitive when he has the quickest car then he isn't much of a driver. It's in times when the car isn't competitive that driver's need inspiring drives. Kimi was let go for lackluster effort because he didn't have a winning car.
    Now I've never slagged massa and wished him all the best... but to finish where he did on a day when his team mate pulls out an improbable win.... that has to be a turning point for the team. ferrari has 35 constructor's points... how many from Massa? He barely finished ahead of the back markers and even Button passed him after being dead last. Something is up with Massa... he seems ok in the early parts of races and then just fades and fades. I was one of the ones saying give him some time... but I was really disappointed with him today.
    Not going to argue there.

The performance diffirence is a bit too much. When a car wins, the other shouldn't be defending from Caterham.
    Still I've seen it many times when I driver has a horrible start to the season, he comes back stronger.
    And getting rid of him after two races is only going to destabilize the team's work in improving the car, IMHO.

The way the Sauber is performing at the moment I doubt Sergio would want to drive for Ferrari... lol

JESUS CHRIST!!! Just logged on to say i wonder how long it will be before some moron says "Perez linked with massa seat" and low and behold here the thread is.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    Anyone noticed how Perez with that outdated hairstyle, smile and white suit, kind of looks like Gilles???
    Till today`s race I always thought that Perez was more of a Prost like driver. Smart, good at managing the tires and consistent. But his terrific stint on intermediates on a driying track, setting one fastest lap after another in a sauber, faster then what champions like Alonso, Button, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Schumacher and Vettel could manage changed my mind. Especially in the end when he was still pushing like mad (and making that small error) after being told to stay calm.
    He reminded me alot of Gil.

I say let's give Massa some races with the updated car. And let LDM decide from there.
    Remember we can't compare him to Alonso. It was like comparing Rubens to Michael, and we know how Rubens prefromed when the car wasn't going. But when the car was competitive, so was Rubens.
    Why? Felipe has been bad racer previously and nowadays he is slow to boot. Kimi was not given leeway despite him delivering.

I see no reason to wait for a miracle - Felipe has lost his ability and should pursue happiness elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KonstaKoo View Post
    Why? Felipe has been bad racer previously and nowadays he is slow to boot. Kimi was not given leeway despite him delivering.

I see no reason to wait for a miracle - Felipe has lost his ability and should pursue happiness elsewhere.
    +1
    Enough with the "give him time".

Time is money in F1 , team needs points. And I don't see any points coming from Felipe.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    +1
    Enough with the "give him time".

Time is money in F1 , team needs points. And I don't see any points coming from Felipe.
    Well, it might cost Ferrari even more money ending his contract early, and even more to pay someone like Sauber to get Perez.

Well, it might cost Ferrari even more money ending his contract early, and even more to pay someone like Sauber to get Perez.
    Of course I do not know about the costs but since Checo is part of Ferrari training program one might think that in the contract there is an option to move to SF if needed. How much do you think that it costs for Ferrari imagewise when both Timo Glock AND Charles Pic are above their other "driver"? Some things you cannot measure with money directly.

Quote Originally Posted by KonstaKoo View Post
    Of course I do not know about the costs but since Checo is part of Ferrari training program one might think that in the contract there is an option to move to SF if needed. How much do you think that it costs for Ferrari imagewise when both Timo Glock AND Charles Pic are above their other "driver"? Some things you cannot measure with money directly.
    Both Kimi and Massa were in the same position in 2009, especially after the first few races. The car at the moment, is not good. Today it won because Alonso is a proven World Champion, and because the team gelled wonderfully in the pits and with strategy.

I fully agree that it is ridiculous the amount of points missed, and his standing. But just maybe, the car just didn't agree with Massa's style since testing, and it's completely phychologically demotivated him.

Whatever the case, we're not in the garage, we're not in his head, so we really don't know what's happening before and after the race.

I think the best would be to allow Perez to gain more experience, and if he is mean to go to Ferrari, allow him to have a whole winter to develop the relationshio with the team, and gather knowledge of the car.

lol we already treat him like he is one of us,nvm that Perez would be the ideal driver after we sack Massa,it will be interesting to watch him race the rest of the season and see what progress he will make.

How many of you Massa haters remember 2008? Where was Massa after the first 2 races then? History lesson time, morons: Zero points, just like now. How many of you so-called "Tifosi" were calling for his head then? Then what happened? Did he almost win the championship? I hope you can at least remember that answer! So, to all you Massa haters, I say just wait and see. He may not be fighting for the championship again this year (like 2008 when the car was good), but he is Ferrari and he deserves our respect and adoration. Like I tell my kids, if you have nothing positive to say, then zip it until you do!

How many more chances can that little turd of a "driver" get? Who cares about 2008. It's 2012 and barring 2009 he has been unable to stay on par with his teammate since. The team is bleeding points at an alarming rate and this type of activity is unsustainable for a team like Ferrari.

Massa did an awesome job in '08, but Kimi did a great job in '07 and was still told to pound sand. I can't understand how it could be allowable for one driver to win a race and the other one with not finish in the points despite not having any adverse insidents like broken wings and punctures. Simply unacceptable.

How could any of you make excuses for him? You say those who want him fired are not true Tifosi, but how can the ones who want him to get chance after chance claim to be if you are willing to see your team loose potential WCC points in favor of Felipe staying.

He is a good guy, and a true team player no doubt. I wish him all the best but he no longer fits the mold of a Ferrari driver and hasn't for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by dicec2 View Post
    How many of you Massa haters remember 2008? Where was Massa after the first 2 races then? History lesson time, morons: Zero points, just like now. How many of you so-called "Tifosi" were calling for his head then? Then what happened? Did he almost win the championship? I hope you can at least remember that answer! So, to all you Massa haters, I say just wait and see. He may not be fighting for the championship again this year (like 2008 when the car was good), but he is Ferrari and he deserves our respect and adoration. Like I tell my kids, if you have nothing positive to say, then zip it until you do!
    ^So what if Massa almost won the championship at 2008,he was good then but he sucks now and needs to be replaced for the good of the team we need 2 drivers to win earn points and podiums in order to win the WCC.
    And its not only 2 races he sucks its 2 seasons and 2 races,since his injury he cant find him self and need to be thanked for all he done for us and get sacked, its about freaking time we do that.
    Its not like we are abandoning a poor kid that got no money to eat ffs.

Its not about 2 races..but his continuing problems of tyre management since 2010..Massa and Alonso had equal cars, right? How come one driver wins and other is left well below the midfield? Ferrari fans have waited for 2 years now to see a rejuvenated and that hasnt happened. LdM has warned him that its a crucial season for him..but his performance has dismayed the team and of course his side of the garage and mechanics who work hard...Respect and adoration is fine...but we want good performance if not wins or championships. i hope he can prove me wrong...I would give him 2 more races to adapt...otherwise he can join another Ferrari driver at Indycar this year

I believe in giving Masa more time but he must start to finish in the top 6 at least to warrant keeping him in Ferrari..

We gave him 2 years thats more then enough,its time for fresh blood.

I believe Massa needs to go to on other team and rebuild his career just like ALO did after mclaren disaster .. The longer he stays in Ferrari the more he will suffer...

I believe SAUBER woukd b good for FM as he can build a team around him

MASSA HATERS because we want a descent and capable driver for our team?? History is History my friend. Massa had his time (I doubt that he would have so much time if he wasn't related with Todt's family). We want FERRARI to be No 1 in the WCC & WDC. We the current pair of drivers we can achieve only the second. How many years we have to wait for the first????

+1

Very well put dicec2, specially like the bit in bold.

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by EL NANO View Post
    I believe in giving Masa more time but he must start to finish in the top 6 at least to warrant keeping him in Ferrari..
    I reckon it would be difficult even for Alonso to secure a P5 or P6 finish in a normal condition race, unless we magically fix our car. So expecting Massa to finish in top 6 is impossible at the moment.

But last year Massa has been able to finish closer to Alonso, maybe 1-3 places behind Alonso, so it would be fantastic to see Massa close the gap down to that again this year. I'm sure we can all agree that 14 places gap between Alonso and Massa looks bad at the moment. It is my hope that he can improve his race pace and finish within 5 places of Alonso.

Way to prove your point by calling others moron.

Guess what, people are free to express their opinion. This is not a superficial place where you're only allow to talk about wonderful and beautiful things.

And for someone who calls others a moron, your point is hardly valid. Schumi won 7 world title. Does that makes him the best driver at the moment? No. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Schumi but that's hardly a valid point bringing up the past. Its not what a driver managed to do in the past that matters. Its what the drives can do now and tomorrow that's important. Its year 2012 now man.

People changes. Schumi is long past his peak, so I'm not going to bring up his 7 world title and keep claiming he's a great driver today and he's going to win the title for Merc or Ferrari should beg him to return. See the point there?
    Last edited by Hornet; 26th March 2012 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    MASSA HATERS because we want a descent and capable driver for our team?? History is History my friend. Massa had his time (I doubt that he would have so much time if he wasn't related with Todt's family). We want FERRARI to be No 1 in the WCC & WDC. We the current pair of drivers we can achieve only the second. How many years we have to wait for the first????
    And this is the 3rd time somebody is taking a history lesson of what Massa did in 2008. He has been given all the chance and support already by Ferrari. It would be fair if Massa calls it a day and stop embarassing the team!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari."

- Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    +1

Very well put dicec2, specially like the bit in bold.
    If you were in Luca di Montezemolo's seat would you say the same thing to the Italian press???????

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    ... Schumi won 7 world title. Does that makes him the best driver at the moment? No. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Schumi but that's hardly a valid point bringing up the past. Its not what a driver managed to do in the past that matters. Its what the drives can do now and tomorrow that's important. Its year 2012 now man.
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!

F1 is a cut-throat business where the most important and pertinent question that can be asked of any driver by his team is:

"
    What have you done for me, lately??"

That may be cruel, that may be heartless, that may be more than some can handle. However, it's the cold, hard truth!
    Ferrari can't be faulted for the loyalty they have shown Massa, actually I believe they are to be commended for that loyalty.
    However, today, they are faced with a decision. In the end, it's their decision.
    As loyal Tifosi, we should stand by that decision, whatever it may be.
    And, as a Kimi fan, I can attest to it possibly being a hard pill to swallow!!

... Like I tell my kids, if you have nothing positive to say, then zip it until you do!
    Though that's a great philosophy when teaching children how important it is to have respect, it would also be a good idea to teach them to look at any situation realistically. Staying quiet is not always the best way in negative situations, in fact, it can be construed as acquiescence.

NOT a criticism, just a thought!

Criticising him is one thing; referring to one of our drivers as a 'turd' is quite another.
    Classy.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    If you were in Luca di Montezemolo's seat would you say the same thing to the Italian press???????
    Well that's a pointless question isn't it? Because I'm not in Luca di's seat, am I?

The future is RED

Bring back Rubens...!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Bring back Rubens...!
    brembo man, is that you?
    Forza Jules