Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to visiting Maranello

Great photos

I will be visiting Maranello during this year's GP. Is there somewhere in the town I can watch the race with other racing fans?

Bars all over the place have the race on with the Red Café in the central Piazza being a pretty busy and atmospheric place.

Or you could drive a few hours north and be at Monza itself!!!!!

Believe you me, I would love to do that, but alas not on this trip.

Well folks just before the Monza GP i visited my friends in Maranello.
    The weather was very hot (around 30 celsius and above!) and because i do have very good friends overthere i got a nice present, an red Ferrari shield wich is normaly on the engine, not bad!
    Also got a nice bag with a shirt,cap and factory shoes from the "sportiva" division.
    It says on the cap and shirt "corso avanzato" wich means advanced driving course.

Next year im going again because then Ferrari has it's "familia" day, a event every 2 years for every Ferrari factory worker and his family, everything is on display and you can also visit the F1 factory, like i did last year.

Me taking a rest in Ferrari's motorhome on the couch last year, behind me is Fiorano the testtrack of Ferrari.

I even got offerd the exhausts from Alonso's F1 car that he used 4 races ago! i can't put the pics on the net but believe me they weigh absolutly nothing, you can easly lift them with 2 fingers!

If annyone visit's Maranello from this forum be sure to take a testdrive with PitLane (check them on FB) they have 1x 430 1x 430 spider,3x California a 458 and a 599 and a 550 Maranello, and you can all drive them if you'd like, just mention my name (Ruud King) and get 10% of the price!
    Some pic's of the place from my italian friends!

Greetz Ruud King

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Top notch review here! Recently visited myself, with my wifes dad who has a GTO, so we got into the factory as well! amazing day, memories forever! FERRARI! enzo and dino I love!

See me pics here:-

http://www.theitalianj0b.eu:/wordpre...ari-maranello/

I would love to visit maranello.

Sample the best, FERRARI

Maranello is the most beautifull place in the world.

I love Maranello so much! The first time I visited was back in 2004. I was just starting University and one of my first acts as an adult was to head to the home of Ferrari! It was one of the most emotional days of my life because I had spent my entire childhood fantasizing about it and wondering if I'd ever get the chance to see it. When I was a girl I made a kind of action plan in one of my diaries. I called it "The Road to Maranello" I had researched this elaborate route to Maranello, complete with little drawings and maps! lol! It was so satisfying to follow it through ten years later. To this day I still prefer this route. I take the train to Modena and then walk to the bus station and catch the next bus to Maranello! The most amazing thing about Maranello is that everything was just as I had imagined it to be. In my opinion the best time to go would be on a weekday when the team is working, but they are still about on weekends too! (stay home during a GP weekend!) The Galleria is very cool, but my favourite thing is the atmosphere. There is this bush (hahaha! This sounds so random) that you can go into and get a great view of the Fiorano track! (There are several bushes, but I'm not going to tell you where mine is...find your own viewing bush! LOL! ) There is also a nice vantage point further down the Via Gilles Villeneuve near the Ferrari Club of Maranello but I find that alot of people park their cars and campers up close to it and stand on their roofs so unless you make friends with one of them it can be hard to get a good view of any track action!

Just in case you are wondering, I now visit Maranello almost every month! I followed my Ferrari passion and moved nearby earlier this year and yes...I am in heaven! Also to all of the people who have contacts and managed to get a factory tour...hook me up!

Maranello

Hi all, i`m going to visit florence & pisa this september and i`ve read that Maranello is only 1 hour away by train.I`m quite confident of traveling by public transport and was just wondering if anybody has been via florence or if someone can give me any advice. Many thanks.

I went to Maranello last weekend with my wife. Dream come true, at last. It is best place for us, Ferrari fans in the world. Out there everything is about our team, our family. Everything. Will post some pics tonight, I am at work right now. Not that I wanted to see 458 Italia, and I did, the best thing was, I cant believe even today, I drove it. At Maranello, by the factory, restoran, shop, galeria, and at full speed, not cars, rather mine, :) outside of a town. Here is the short video.

http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/...anced_x264.mp4

Here are few pics from that glorious day for me

Last edited by nikola0406; 11th March 2012 at 22:03.

Best. Thread. Ever.

I will be going to Italy with my new bride in April/May time frame!!! Is the museum open every day? And the restaurant? How do find all these places (list? map?) that are open for a big fan going to the area?

I'd like to do this trip one day!!! It' s No.1 in my list.

Wow, what amazing pics! Maranello is definitely my dream place to visit and also the Italian GP in Monza

Maranello is my definition of heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Wow, what amazing pics! Maranello is definitely my dream place to visit and also the Italian GP in Monza

Maranello is my definition of heaven!

We went to Monza this year i recomend prima variante 8B FANTASTIC. You will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    We went to Monza this year i recomend prima variante 8B FANTASTIC. You will love it.
    Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    I'd like to do this trip one day!!! It' s No.1 in my list.
    Well, let me tell you its totally AMAZING! Dont be shy, i went to Maranello by public transport and its EASY. Go on treet yourself, put it this way i'll be going again for sure.

always wanted to go....Definetly going now!!! ha friend went to the lambo factory and said he was sick he didnt go to ferrari while he was there

You have to go to Maranello. I have been there in 2009 and its just Fantastic! Everything is about Ferrari in the whole village! Don't go to Lambo factory, these cars are so ugly and look like spaceships.

Just picked up this thread, great pics and happy memories as I did it in 2011, flew Rynair to Pisa from Bournemouth UK, hired a Fiat 500 TwinAir and drove over mountains via Abetone to Maranello, stayed at Maranello Village Hotel, quite a way from Factory but good rates and nice themed hotel. Good meal opposite Enzo's statue in town square, next time will have to book factory visit too, trouble is I can't afford a Ferrari unless it's 1:43 scale!!
    Easy to do from Bologna/Firenze/Pisa if you hire a car. BTW 500 TwinAir was a blast up the hills!! Excellent thread so thanks for the memories.

Hi wisepie I thought the Ferrari factory tour was only 2 days a year? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Hi wisepie I thought the Ferrari factory tour was only 2 days a year? Is that right?
    Ciao fratello, not sure about details or requirements for a factory visit, but there must be someone on TSN who knows how to do it, I have a feeling you may have to show that you can afford to buy one, though! So it will likely have to remain un sogno for me!! My Fiat 500 is the nearest I'm going to get, but it does have a Ferrari shield and a tricolore stripe on it! Salute.:xmascool:

Haha alright then. I only got a 16 year old Fiat Punto with a Felipe Massa decal on the rear window:xmasbiggrin:

Haha alright then. I only got a 16 year old Fiat Punto with a Felipe Massa decal on the rear window:xmasbiggrin:
    I've got a Felipe Massa hat which lives in my kitchen, I'm not allowed out wearing it as I look a little stupid!! Oh and a Ferrari bear on top of the dashboard. A bit sad, really, but I'm proud of it!:xmasconfused:

Haha nice to know then that it's not only me who is crazy:xmastongue:

Haha nice to know then that it's not only me who is crazy:xmastongue:
    We Tifosi all have to be a bit crazy, it's the passion and devotion to our team that brings the craziness out in us, I don't believe any other team creates the same loyalty and emotion, long may it last!

I guess you are right wisepie:xmasbiggrin: