Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current state of F1 and opinions please

Al that is water under bridge long time. Useless to talk about. Any way who is even counting how many times have one failed?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Crashstappen costs us the title that year, arrogant *****.
    He really did, building a points gap can put pressure on Hamilton, but Crashtappen made sure that didn't happen.

World championship my foot it should not be deemed.lewis knows it will be hollow.The way it's shaping up it's a European championship.Fancy Silverstone nominating to host 11 races totally ridiculous.World champion.?More like wally world.The season should have been scrapped.Formula1 is loosing money in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    World championship my foot it should not be deemed.lewis knows it will be hollow.The way it's shaping up it's a European championship.Fancy Silverstone nominating to host 11 races totally ridiculous.World champion.?More like wally world.The season should have been scrapped.Formula1 is loosing money in spades.

[QUOTE=paolo lalli;1029455]World championship my foot it should not be deemed.lewis knows it will be hollow.The way it's shaping up it's a European championship.Fancy Silverstone nominating to host 11 races totally ridiculous.World champion.?More like wally world.The season should have been scrapped.Formula1 is loosing money in spades.[/QU

So hallow ! Why isn't Ferrari's 4x WDC driver doing all the winning? Or even Charles. It's a European championship, they qualify. The races are still great. F-1 must continue! Years way back there were only 10 races . the WCC WDC counted.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1029474]
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    World championship my foot it should not be deemed.lewis knows it will be hollow.The way it's shaping up it's a European championship.Fancy Silverstone nominating to host 11 races totally ridiculous.World champion.?More like wally world.The season should have been scrapped.Formula1 is loosing money in spades.[/QU

So hallow ! Why isn't Ferrari's 4x WDC driver doing all the winning? Or even Charles. It's a European championship, they qualify. The races are still great. F-1 must continue! Years way back there were only 10 races . the WCC WDC counted.
    As you can see it was waaaaaaaaay back when F1 season had less than 10 races in season...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...la_One_seasons

Years ago here in NY City, Center field fence was 565 feet away in Yankee Stadium. That's how far a home run had to be hit. Today the fence is 400+ ft. So most home runs today would just be high fly balls caught by the outfielder. The times change but everything still counts today. If Lewis does it WDC this season , it counts.

Terrible state F1 is in. Engine design frozen till 2024 means same team will be doing all the winning till 2024. That's what happened in 2014. One team gains massive engine advantage and then you introduce token system so others can't develop. Now was another time to catch up and then you freeze engine development till 2024. It's looking like a grand plan to hand over championship to one team for 11 straight years. Ham will retire with 11 WDC.

The title winning team has done well but it's all hollow when others are NOT allowed to challenge.

Don't count Max out!

Now I have to talk a little about my soul.I am extremely disappointed with this Wallyworld Formula 1 and the FIA!As early as 2013, before the introduction of the new hybrid engines, Ross Brawn was clear that Mercedes had a development advantage here that was not recoverable.The FIA ​​built huge manure here and accepted the conditions from Mercedes to get them into the F1.Proofs ?why does Andy cowell claim this fact in this article?"It hit him personally that Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff publicly acknowledged in 2019 that Ferrari had overtaken Mercedes in the engines. Cowell was certain that this was not legally possible, so he made sure behind the scenes that the FIA ​​won the Ferrari engine takes a close look ".Source: https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...996991.htmlYou can only make such a statement if you are absolutely sure that nobody can catch up.In addition, Ross Brawn significantly influenced the FIA ​​by introducing the token system for engine development up to the 2017 season. So you could be 100% sure from Mercedes that no other engine manufacturer will ever be able to win the World Cup as long as there will be this hybrid PU.We, the fans, have been and have been sold in principle by the FIA ​​and Mercedes completely for idiots since 2013.And this is the end for me now.I will no longer reward Formula 1 with my time.I can only decide for myself, but we all, even those who don't know this forum, have to do with our absence and lack of interest to bring the FIA ​​and Liberty to their knees. Because you are dependent on the audience and the financial income.WE ARE NOT.Without us there is no Formula 1 !!
    Now I have to talk a little about my soul.I am extremely disappointed with this Wallyworld Formula 1 and the FIA!As early as 2013, before the introduction of the new hybrid engines, Ross Brawn was clear that Mercedes had a development advantage here that was not recoverable.The FIA ​​built huge manure here and accepted the conditions from Mercedes to get them into the F1.Proofs ?why does Andy cowell claim this fact in this article?"It hit him personally that Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff publicly acknowledged in 2019 that Ferrari had overtaken Mercedes in the engines. Cowell was certain that this was not legally possible, so he made sure behind the scenes that the FIA ​​won the Ferrari engine takes a close look ".Source: https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...996991.htmlYou can only make such a statement if you are absolutely sure that nobody can catch up.In addition, Ross Brawn significantly influenced the FIA ​​by introducing the token system for engine development up to the 2017 season. So you could be 100% sure from Mercedes that no other engine manufacturer will ever be able to win the World Cup as long as there will be this hybrid PU.We, the fans, have been and have been sold in principle by the FIA ​​and Mercedes completely for idiots since 2013.And this is the end for me now.I will no longer reward Formula 1 with my time.I can only decide for myself, but we all, even those who don't know this forum, have to do with our absence and lack of interest to bring the FIA ​​and Liberty to their knees. Because you are dependent on the audience and the financial income.WE ARE NOT.Without us there is no Formula 1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Now I have to talk a little about my soul.I am extremely disappointed with this Wallyworld Formula 1 and the FIA!As early as 2013, before the introduction of the new hybrid engines, Ross Brawn was clear that Mercedes had a development advantage here that was not recoverable.The FIA ​​built huge manure here and accepted the conditions from Mercedes to get them into the F1.Proofs ?why does Andy cowell claim this fact in this article?"It hit him personally that Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff publicly acknowledged in 2019 that Ferrari had overtaken Mercedes in the engines. Cowell was certain that this was not legally possible, so he made sure behind the scenes that the FIA ​​won the Ferrari engine takes a close look ".Source: https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...996991.htmlYou can only make such a statement if you are absolutely sure that nobody can catch up.In addition, Ross Brawn significantly influenced the FIA ​​by introducing the token system for engine development up to the 2017 season. So you could be 100% sure from Mercedes that no other engine manufacturer will ever be able to win the World Cup as long as there will be this hybrid PU.We, the fans, have been and have been sold in principle by the FIA ​​and Mercedes completely for idiots since 2013.And this is the end for me now.I will no longer reward Formula 1 with my time.I can only decide for myself, but we all, even those who don't know this forum, have to do with our absence and lack of interest to bring the FIA ​​and Liberty to their knees. Because you are dependent on the audience and the financial income.WE ARE NOT.Without us there is no Formula 1 !![/FONT]
    Mclaren are already involved in IndyCar and apparently so will Ferrari next year.

Seems they are preparing for a Plan B with the direction F1 is going.

Such moves arguably do not indicate much faith in the future of the current F1 racing division.

Time to prepare for the dark ages. Until there’s hope

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Time to prepare for the dark ages. Until there’s hope
    The entire world seems to be entering the dark ages at present, so F1 is merely a distraction in the grand scheme of things. If it survives the current ridiculous engine-frozen and Mercedes-dominated scenario, will any of us have the enthusiasm to watch it? All that tifosi support will have gone up in smoke! On second thoughts, maybe just using the 'dark ages' moniker is out of bounds nowadays.

I can't wait for the next F-1 face weekend to start ! The podium wins are still up for grabs every race. It's not just 3 drivers who now show hope. I believe Bottas is out to beat Lewis for the win. He's always saying he's allowed to race. Max has two Merc's to beat up front. And Charles hopefully will be right in the mix! Even without Down Force!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I can't wait for the next F-1 face weekend to start ! The podium wins are still up for grabs every race. It's not just 3 drivers who now show hope. I believe Bottas is out to beat Lewis for the win. He's always saying he's allowed to race. Max has two Merc's to beat up front. And Charles hopefully will be right in the mix! Even without Down Force!

I can't decide, are you sarcastic, or are you for real?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

I can't decide, are you sarcastic, or are you for real?!?!
    Just joking about the lack of down force! We Ferrari fans know that's incurable. The rest is dead serious on my part. There's 3 places on the podium, so forget Lewis in the #1 spot and watch to see the #2, # 3 drivers on the podium. I also watch Gio and hope for him in the top 10. And I truly believe Bottas is out to beat Lewis. Binotto should be checking drivers temperatures as they enter the garage, nothing more. I can't wait for the this week ends races to come , Binotto is waiting for 2022 to come !

Just joking about the lack of down force! We Ferrari fans know that's incurable. The rest is dead serious on my part. There's 3 places on the podium, so forget Lewis in the #1 spot and watch to see the #2, # 3 drivers on the podium. I also watch Gio and hope for him in the top 10. And I truly believe Bottas is out to beat Lewis. Binotto should be checking drivers temperatures as they enter the garage, nothing more. I can't wait for the this week ends races to come , Binotto is waiting for 2022 to come !
    I really admire and envy your huge optimism. How I see it is, LH will be 1st in every race, maybe here and there Mercedes will give some crumbs to VB (one or to more wins), 3rd place is, depending on circuit, Racing Point or Red Bull.

I really admire and envy your huge optimism. How I see it is, LH will be 1st in every race, maybe here and there Mercedes will give some crumbs to VB (one or to more wins), 3rd place is, depending on circuit, Racing Point or Red Bull.
    Merc better be careful with giving any crumbs to VB ! Luis still has nightmares about that 1 pt. loss to Nico back in 2016. Lewis went for that fastest lap extra point last race just in case ! Enjoy the next race and stay safe !

I hope you're right and we have a Nico Rosberg type situation...
    Last edited by JPZ; 28th July 2020 at 09:17.

That is the way it goes. Exciting racing....NOT

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    That is the way it goes. Exciting racing....NOT
    If you want exciting racing try watching many of the GT/mixed category series like the FIA-World Endurance Championship and GT World Challenge.

Merc better be careful with giving any crumbs to VB ! Luis still has nightmares about that 1 pt. loss to Nico back in 2016. Lewis went for that fastest lap extra point last race just in case ! Enjoy the next race and stay safe !
    Since 2017 he got the teammate of his dreams - half a second a lap slower. No competition, downforce or no downforce!!

Current state of F1?: it's on life support and fading. I think by the time we get to 2022 there will only be fanatical Mercedes fans watching.
    Ferrari should pull out and let the series die off. Go enter Indycar, there's actual racing over there.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Since 2017 he got the teammate of his dreams - half a second a lap slower. No competition, downforce or no downforce!!
    And Bottas is the second fastest driver on the track, so Lewis actually has no competition from any team! Talk about dreams coming true! Merc pit stops are also unbelievable.

And Bottas is the second fastest driver on the track, so Lewis actually has no competition from any team! Talk about dreams coming true! Merc pit stops are also unbelievable.
    Bottas is more like 10th fastest driver on grid driving the fastest car.

I think Bottas has good speed on single lap, it’s his race craft and going for those killer 50-50 moves, where he is found wanting

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Bottas is more like 10th fastest driver on grid driving the fastest car.
    But... He's 2nd best only behind the other " Its the car driver ! " Points still count even with all the new F-1 rules. Max is the only hope of at least separating the two top " Cars." If Bottas is 10th fastest on the grid where does that leave Charles? I won't even want to count where Seb would be listed. It's all lack of down force or Ferrari would be at least on the podiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I think Bottas has good speed on single lap, it’s his race craft and going for those killer 50-50 moves, where he is found wanting
    Max was found wanting with all his killer 50-50 moves, " Crashstappen! " Look where he is now. Minus Lewis {car!" } Max would probably be the top guy even with a Honda engine no less.

Ya MAx is where he is because he has the 2nd best car. Where was he in 2017, 2018? when he had the 3rd best car?
    Max, Leclerc, Norris and Russel are the bright stars of the future. Put all of these guys in competitive cars and then we'd have a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Ya MAx is where he is because he has the 2nd best car. Where was he in 2017, 2018? when he had the 3rd best car?
    Max, Leclerc, Norris and Russel are the bright stars of the future. Put all of these guys in competitive cars and then we'd have a show.
    RedBull had the Renault engine so it was underpowered during those years...track dependent of course. Not to mention, Max's driving has matured as of late.
    It's not how start but how you finish.