Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari strategy calls

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He still lost a place to Perez though.
    Thanks to Latifi...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Charles is faster, and proves it in all races. When fighting for title, Ferrari's interest is not to care about its weakest driver, but about the strongest and to make the weakest aim for the team's success, not just his own. Otherwise, common sense will be to send him away, so that he can express his "super talent" elsewhere. And if you follow him to troll another team's forum, we woud win twice
    Not in all races. Saintz 2nd. place 18 pts. Charles 4th place with 12 pts. Don't send Carlos away yet!!! I wasn't aware talking well about Carlos last race results was trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Not in all races. Saintz 2nd. place 18 pts. Charles 4th place with 12 pts. Don't send Carlos away yet!!! I wasn't aware talking well about Carlos last race results was trolling?
    Exactly
    You pretend not to have seen that Leclerc was faster both in qualifying and in the race (you know, the full second he was going to separate them in Q3 and the 7 seconds at the start of the race with a clear track)
    Enjoy the moment, Sainz won't benefit from the lottery effect so often this year so that is your best trolling occasion

Ferrari need to clearly outline to their drivers what is expected of them and who has priority in terms of the championship and what their roles are.

So that there are no misunderstandings or uncertainties.

Having a vague stance is only going to lead to more hesitation and debates over the radio and to the same kind of rushed decisions in Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    that is a whole different comment than your first one though.

staying out and waiting would have been the wrong call, the laptimes did not allow it
    you asked why, well, I answered.

saying that they should have pitted for slicks the first time around is a different thing, that might have worked but was risky at that time if you looked at some of the other cars sliding around.
    You don't know how to read properly and it was the same train of thought.

Staying out would have won the race for Leclerc and save him over 20 seconds pit stop and yes it was the wrong call because they called him up again after 3 laps after getting on intermediates and the lap time doesn't matter much in Monaco when
    you can't pass. Your logic is flawed and the right call was to leave them both out until dry to go on slicks that's it. If you watch F1, you would know that after many years of Mercedes and Hamilton domination going long and winning races in the same way I explained it.

All they had to do is not choke when they saw Perez pit and go long and not losing precious time in the pits and behind backmarkers.
    Last edited by TTRSMAD; 31st May 2022 at 19:14.

Red bull have the same potential problem with perez well let's face it they are competitive f1 racers and finishing second is not an option when both sainz and check remain firmly in the WDC championship.

Carlos is only 1 point behind Russell. There's too many more races still go to think any driver is already the WDC favorite for sure. Just look at George vs. Lewis; given permission to race against him! Charles and Carlos battling for points I believe will create points ; not take away from the teams WCC chances. Charles vs Seb!! no team orders!!
    (As usual) this is the wrong way to see it. Charles is now 9 points behind the WDC leader who, is not Russel, but Verstappen.
    So , of course, team needs to focus, on Charles and help him on his task at hand, get the WDC.
    That also means, his wingman.

See? Simple.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Charles is faster, and proves it in all races. When fighting for title, Ferrari's interest is not to care about its weakest driver, but about the strongest and to make the weakest aim for the team's success, not just his own. Otherwise, common sense will be to send him away, so that he can express his "super talent" elsewhere. And if you follow him to troll another team's forum, we woud win twice
    Exactly.
    Basically, if Binotto cannot or won't enforce this, it befalls to Elkaan to do what needs to be done.
    This team has shed blood, sacrificed two years , and noone (and I include Sainz in this) is over the team. Right now, Charles is best fitted to lead. If Carlos thinks he can chalenge in such ways, costing races in this way, something should be done.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The something to be done is to let them race ! How does both our Ferrari drivers racing at their best cost the team races or points ? Of course not trying to D N F each other is common sense. Meanwhile my wishing either one of our Ferrari drivers the 1,2 on the podium is Trolling! No one is over the team!! WCC !! I see no glory in a "Let Him Pass" unless it's obviously for the good of W C C. Again 2,1 1,2 =s the same points for the team.

How does both our Ferrari drivers racing at their best cost the team races or points ?
    You have a team that puts all their eggs in one basket (RBR, VER)
    Now, you're crazy and you listen to Brembo and you ..."let them race".
    So , this might work if you had a clear advantage and your red cars won every single race, (like, 2016 for instance with Merc).
    But this is not 2016, is it? So far, we have a tight championship so this will lead to one driver taking points from the other driver, and that will benefit... yes, even you will get this, VER (yay!).
    But wait, there's MORE!
    Since this will raise antagonism, there's a clear possibility that this will lead to tension, which... oh wait, this will also benefit ... RBR !

So, once again and since F1 (as we all agree) is a TEAM sport, not a DRIVER sport, the drivers need to know their place.
    "Let them race" belong to the romantics of lesser teams.
    Ferrari is not a lesser team.
    Ferrari has (or ough to have) clear cut targets :
    WCC
    WDC
    DOMINATION.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You have a team that puts all their eggs in one basket (RBR, VER)
    Now, you're crazy and you listen to Brembo and you ..."let them race".
    So , this might work if you had a clear advantage and your red cars won every single race, (like, 2016 for instance with Merc).
    But this is not 2016, is it? So far, we have a tight championship so this will lead to one driver taking points from the other driver, and that will benefit... yes, even you will get this, VER (yay!).
    But wait, there's MORE!
    Since this will raise antagonism, there's a clear possibility that this will lead to tension, which... oh wait, this will also benefit ... RBR !

So, once again and since F1 (as we all agree) is a TEAM sport, not a DRIVER sport, the drivers need to know their place.
    "Let them race" belong to the romantics of lesser teams.
    Ferrari is not a lesser team.
    Ferrari has (or ough to have) clear cut targets :
    WCC
    WDC
    DOMINATION.
    Agreed.

If Ferrari were winning several championships for years, I would say 'let them race', but who knows when Ferrari will have this chance again?

Every point can make a difference at the end of the year, so one driver with the best chances should be prioritised in terms of strategy with the other in more of a supporting role.

Leclerc is clearly faster than Sainz and has the best chances of winning.

The best chances except for last race @ Monaco. It's way to soon in the season to not let our drivers race each other, we need the points!!! The word clearly is a little strong a word so soon in the season. I'm O K with either one of our drivers finishing WDC. Going at ot one on one is going to bring WCC points; that's how I look at it.
    Last edited by Brembo; 1st June 2022 at 18:12.

The best chances except for last race @ Monaco. It's way to soon in the season to not let our drivers race each other, we need the points!!! The word clearly is a little strong a word so soon in the season. I'm O K with either one of our drivers finishing WDC. Going at ot one on one is going to bring WCC points; that's how I look at it.
    Also for the last race, don't act like you don't know why the finish order was this

Ferrari has the car and the drivers that can deliver championships as long as it doesn't defeat ITSELF!
    A pathetic situation they must redeem themselves from. As a lifelong fan I am ANGRY at their ineptitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Ferrari has the car and the drivers that can deliver championships as long as it doesn't defeat ITSELF!
    A pathetic situation they must redeem themselves from. As a lifelong fan I am ANGRY at their ineptitude!
    Not at RB level last race, even if not helped by dirty racing from Albon
    After two poor years, the team must find back top contender stategy, it must be its goal, Leclerc cant win alone, but for dirty racing, we don't want to see that from our drivers, never

Inaki Rueda has come out with a wishy-washy explanation of mistakes at Monaco and I hope he LEARNS from his mistakes!
    (Ref: planetf1.com)

let's say Ferrari does the most basic strategy, which is cover every Red Bull pitstop.

The best case result would have been 1-3. Because you don't cover Perez with Leclerc, you cover with Sainz, and it turned out that the undercut was more powerfull, so Sainz would have won in that scenario. You can't always guarantee what order your cars finish, i.e. Singapore 2019.

I think what got Ferrari into trouble was trying to get Leclerc the win. Sometimes in those unpredictable wet races, you can't try to do that. The best you can do is cover, and make sure you come out ahead of your title rivals.

If you try to orchestrate too much you run into trouble.

Now, after they didn't cover, the best scenario was to go straight to wets, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    let's say Ferrari does the most basic strategy, which is cover every Red Bull pitstop.

The best case result would have been 1-3. Because you don't cover Perez with Leclerc, you cover with Sainz, and it turned out that the undercut was more powerfull, so Sainz would have won in that scenario. You can't always guarantee what order your cars finish, i.e. Singapore 2019.

I think what got Ferrari into trouble was trying to get Leclerc the win. Sometimes in those unpredictable wet races, you can't try to do that. The best you can do is cover, and make sure you come out ahead of your title rivals.

If you try to orchestrate too much you run into trouble.

Now, after they didn't cover, the best scenario was to go straight to wets, yes.
    I disagree. You cover Leclerc with Perez (since Perez went for the undercut.....and Max was still in 4th place). Any other circuit, I would agree with you but this is Monaco....whether wet or dry...you cover RedBull's pitstop immediately if you're leading the race. Leclerc with Perez and Max with Sainz.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Also for the last race, don't act like you don't know why the finish order was this
    My crystal ball was in the pits for repair !

My crystal ball was in the pits for repair !
    But not your bad faith

But not your bad faith
    Even when you spell correctly I still can't get what your saying? I need another race ASAP !!

Even when you spell correctly I still can't get what your saying? I need another race ASAP !!
    I'm afraid you’d need a lot more because the evidence always escapes you

I'm afraid you’d need a lot more because the evidence always escapes you
    I'm fluent in 5 languages and once had a dream in Chinese; but your comments go over my head?

I'm fluent in 5 languages and once had a dream in Chinese; but your comments go over my head?
    Weird... I am fluent only in 2, yet I am understanding his post perfectly. Maybe you should have left some space in your brain for a bit of inteligence.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

So, that’s exactly what I’m telling you, your difficulty is in comprehension

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I disagree. You cover Leclerc with Perez (since Perez went for the undercut.....and Max was still in 4th place). Any other circuit, I would agree with you but this is Monaco....whether wet or dry...you cover RedBull's pitstop immediately if you're leading the race. Leclerc with Perez and Max with Sainz.
    that's preposterous, you just hand your title rival track position??? Max would have nursed his tyres and made the switch to dries.

You cover with Sainz. Otherwise you're taking their bait.

that's preposterous, you just hand your title rival track position??? Max would have nursed his tyres and made the switch to dries.

You cover with Sainz. Otherwise you're taking their bait.
    Question, why does Sainz (Ferrari) have to wait for Max to nurse his tires and switch to slicks???? Why can't Ferrari make the decision BEFORE Max nurses his tires for slicks and retain his #2 position.

Question, why does Sainz (Ferrari) have to wait for Max to nurse his tires and switch to slicks???? Why can't Ferrari make the decision BEFORE Max nurses his tires for slicks and retain his #2 position.
    But you're missing the point, even if Sainz beats Max, you already used Leclerc and now he's back in 3rd.

But you're missing the point, even if Sainz beats Max, you already used Leclerc and now he's back in 3rd.
    Well, it certainly is the better strategy then as you have said.....a Ferrari 1-3.

Well, it certainly is the better strategy then as you have said.....a Ferrari 1-3.
    Max would gain the same on Leclerc that he did.

We all want to say Ferrari screwed it up, and threw away a sure fire 1-2 with Leclerc the winner, when I'm saying the conditions at play meant the conservative default strategy gets you a 1-3 with Sainz as the winner. Obviously we screwed up in other ways, with the Williams traffic bad luck, but i think a lot of people are mischaracterising what happened.