Page 1 of 40 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Cool Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

Ferrari announces launch date of 2020 challenger

Ferrari has already put itself ahead of its rivals for 2020, becoming the first team to announce the presentation date of its next F1 car.

The Scuderia will unveil its 2020 challenger on Tuesday, February 11 of next year, just eight days before pre-season testing kicks off in Barcelona on February 19.

"We will launch the car very early," said team boss Mattia Binotto in Maranello.

"I think we will be the earliest. The reason why we are anticipating the launch and the unveiling and then moving on is we must do some dyno homologations before going to Barcelona.

"We are launching the car on the 11 February 2020. Soon after we've got an intense program of bench [testing] before we go to Barcelona."

After a season during which it won three races but failed to trounce its mighty Mercedes opposition, Ferrari will be aiming to hit the ground running at the start of the year in Melbourne.

The Scuderia's last Constructors' title dates all the way back to 2008, while Kimi Raikkonen was the last driver to win the world championship with the House of Maranello, a feat achieved in 2007.

The Italian outfit will retain its current driver pairing of Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc in 2020, a season that many believe will be Vettel's last, given that his contract will expire at the end of next year.

The German was outpaced this year by his junior teammate who put the four-time world champion under massive pressure, a rivalry that also induced a string of mistakes by Vettel throughout the 2019 season, not to mention the pair's costly crash in Brazil.

However, Binotto said that Ferrari should consider itself lucky to have such a quality line-up.

But regarding the future, the Scuderia supremo revealed that he will be sounding out Vettel on his plans beyond 2020.

"As I often said, this season, I feel more lucky in having such a line-up," he said.

"I'm pretty convinced of that. I think that with Seb we need to sit down to discuss ways we set to understand his intentions for the future.

"I think we need to see our strategy developing next year. I think we need to see as well the performance and how he does fit with the car and his motivation for the future.

"So, it’s not about his mistakes or not. It’s really a matter of how he does see himself as far as his future and how we do see our line-up."

https://f1i.com/news/364441-ferrari-...hallenger.html
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Bold prediction, but I think it's going to be red!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Bold prediction, but I think it's going to be red!
    Binotto was quoted saying the car will be matte red again next year!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Grazie fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Mattia saying 2020 car will be with more DF & revised engine. “We may not be fastest on straights”.
    https://grandpx.news/ferrari-reveals...nges-for-2020/

I don't know why but I think we learned something this year. I am sure we will look better next year and really challenge Mercedes.

I believe Binotto learned something this year too. He will be much more knowledgeable managing all aspects of his job, esp. drivers , I hope.

Ferrari to test two cars in February

Having already been the first F1 team to announce the launch date of their 2020 car, it's emerged that Ferrari will be running two versions of their latest design February

The team is planning on running a so-called 'mule' car at Jerez featuring 18-inch wheels as part of Pirelli’s tyre development programme for the new rules and regulations in 2021.

The track time will take place on Saturday February 8 next year, which will be a week and a half before the start of official F1 pre-season testing of the new 2020 cars to be held at the nearby Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

Ferrari plans to roll out their new 2020 car to the media at Maranello the following Tuesday, a full seven days before pre-season testing kicks off on February 18.

But Ferrari won't be able to use the opportunity to get some early track time for their new car or to try out any new components, as F1 rules forbid teams from jumping the start of the official pre-season test.

Pirelli are allowed to undertake 25 days of development testing in total during the year between February 1 and the week after the season finale, spreading duties among all ten F1 teams.

With tyre testing intended to gather information for the tyres, wheel rim and wheel rim covers alone, Ferrari will use a modified version of the current SF90 with necessary adaptations to accommodate the new-size rims.

Mercedes took part in two days of tyre testing at Yas Marina following the final race of the 2019 season, using this year's W10. McLaren and Renault have also conducted initial tests, but Ferrari says that cost concerns led them to delay trying out the new wheels.

The change of wheel size means that next year's post-season test had been extended to three days to allow teams more time to prepare for the transition. Any team unable to find the time or cost involved in running an adapted 'mule' car will miss out on the test time.

Teams must spend at least one day with a currently active driver taking part in the 2020 season to allow them to receive comparison feedback on the 2021 tyres, while another day is reserved for rookies or those with minimal race experience.

All ten teams recently rejected adopting Pirelli's new 2020 tyre compounds designed to reduce degradation and offer a wider working temperature range. The decision is intended to give teams greater stability ahead of the more significant transition to the new tyre size in 2021.

https://f1i.com/news/364566-ferrari-...-february.html

Ferrari are currently getting three different chassis prepared for an intensive testing period in February, including a mule car test for the 18 inch tyres

http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-prep...ruary-testing/

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Ferrari are currently getting three different chassis prepared for an intensive testing period in February, including a mule car test for the 18 inch tyres

http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-prep...ruary-testing/
    Too much talk. I do think right now that Binotto etc should do the whole "silent" treatment thing on the press while they knuckle down and try to solve the issues, their current strategy is backfiring more than hitting the target.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Too much talk. I do think right now that Binotto etc should do the whole "silent" treatment thing on the press while they knuckle down and try to solve the issues, their current strategy is backfiring more than hitting the target.
    Too much talk for sure. Silence is golden. Feb. will come soon enough. The only thing I can think of is Ferrari is trying their best to keep sponsor $$ secure by promising 2020 results.

Seb to take the title with a dominant perfomance in 2020, the car will be more stable under rear, just like 2017+ strong engine, and he will deliver! You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb to take the title with a dominant perfomance in 2020, the car will be more stable under rear, just like 2017+ strong engine, and he will deliver! You heard it here first.
    I would be very happy to see Seb return to his winning ways even if it does become his final year in red or F1, but I think Charles currently has a better chance of delivering what we all crave.

If Ferrari's car is on the money and Seb can get on pole like in his R Bull days, he has a good shot at wins. Say he starts 5th or worse in traffic ; I just don't see him coming up to the front with a win. He got spoiled while @ R Bull. not having to fight it out. I only hope Binotto has gained the knowledge he needs to do better as far as letting the drivers race. He made a mess last season with bad choices. All in all I believe Ferrari has a good shot at WCC this next season.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I would be very happy to see Seb return to his winning ways even if it does become his final year in red or F1, but I think Charles currently has a better chance of delivering what we all crave.
    +1
    if Seb takes wdc next year I'll be happy to eat some humble pie and admit I was wrong about his chances. We need a title, wcc or wdc, any one would be great.

Ferrari to keep matte livery for 2020

Ferrari’s 2020 car, to be revealed to the public eight days before winter testing on February 11, will continue to feature a matte livery.

Team boss Mattia Binotto said the special paint was put on the 2019 car for “weight-related reasons”. Corriere della Sera newspaper claims it saves two kilograms.

And Binotto says even that is important when Ferrari is facing “the strongest opponents ever in Formula 1”.

“The issue of weight is crucial for everyone,” he said.

Ferrari is rejecting any suggestion that it will enter the 2020 season as the overall favourite.

“Before thinking about winning, we must first think about reaching our opponent and then doing better,” he said.

“If you want to build a winning cycle, you must have stability within the group and then patience.”

https://grandpx.news/ferrari-to-keep...very-for-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Ferrari to keep matte livery for 2020

Ferrari’s 2020 car, to be revealed to the public eight days before winter testing on February 11, will continue to feature a matte livery.

Team boss Mattia Binotto said the special paint was put on the 2019 car for “weight-related reasons”. Corriere della Sera newspaper claims it saves two kilograms.

And Binotto says even that is important when Ferrari is facing “the strongest opponents ever in Formula 1”.

“The issue of weight is crucial for everyone,” he said.

Ferrari is rejecting any suggestion that it will enter the 2020 season as the overall favourite.

“Before thinking about winning, we must first think about reaching our opponent and then doing better,” he said.

“If you want to build a winning cycle, you must have stability within the group and then patience.”

https://grandpx.news/ferrari-to-keep...very-for-2020/
    Stability is what has helped Merc and RB maintain their ability to react quickly and solve issues in a matter of weeks, patience is what all tifosi have had to endure for far too long. Let's pray that Binotto and his team can take a leaf out of their book and see Ferrari back where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Stability is what has helped Merc and RB maintain their ability to react quickly and solve issues in a matter of weeks, patience is what all tifosi have had to endure for far too long. Let's pray that Binotto and his team can take a leaf out of their book and see Ferrari back where it belongs.
    If ferrari wants to win a title it should be a collective team effort. Should be almost a perfect season for them.
    Because they not only need to defeat Mercs-Ham/Bottas, but also RB-Max. So 2 ferrari drivers against 3 drivers.

Seb will be in the mix 100% just put the right car under him,He can deliver.Iam sure Ferrari have a solution for seb.As for Charles well he can drive anything just pure talent fast and hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Seb will be in the mix 100% just put the right car under him,He can deliver.Iam sure Ferrari have a solution for seb.As for Charles well he can drive anything just pure talent fast and hungry.
    Thats a spirit buddy. I am sure hoping we can deliver a good car for 2020, a car that is the balanced in a right way for both drivers. Rear stability under braking is the key, you can gain so much time if you have than braking confidence.

Correct a stable rear end under braking and smoothe exits happen saving lots of time.We certainly do not want a cowboys wagon on the prarie with it's rear end all over the place.I am optimistic about next year BINOTTO has introduced a different philosophy at Ferrari calmness with teamwork and above all harmony.

Some rumors from Gazzetta about the 2020 Ferrari car:

- New suspension / third hydraulic element for the front suspension.
    - Increased front wing cape, new shape of the front wing nose.

https://twitter.com/FormulaPassion/s...91958805991424

also

- PU: new cylinder heads with a different design of the combustion chambers of the ICE. Significant changes in the ERS control units, especially in terms of software, guaranteeing an increase in the availability of charge for the lap and a wider number of engine modes".
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    also

I tried to post... but it’s already here

Let’s win!
    Please

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I am optimistic about next year BINOTTO has introduced a different philosophy at Ferrari calmness with teamwork and above all harmony.
    I am not so optimistic, I do understand that this was first year for Binotto, but he did made mistakes after mistakes, almost in every race weekend something not_so_good happened.
    It is almost like there was no learning of these mistakes, so that is why I don`t think next year will be any different, he just don`t fit in that work, he may be good with technical stuff, but as a Team Leader not so good.
    And looks like Seb is not getting any better when he is getting older, so I guess it is going to be another difficult year ahead.
    Only positive is Charles, but that is just not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    also
    Thanks for posting.

But these sorts of articles are always total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If Ferrari's car is on the money and Seb can get on pole like in his R Bull days, he has a good shot at wins. Say he starts 5th or worse in traffic ; I just don't see him coming up to the front with a win. He got spoiled while @ R Bull. not having to fight it out. I only hope Binotto has gained the knowledge he needs to do better as far as letting the drivers race. He made a mess last season with bad choices. All in all I believe Ferrari has a good shot at WCC this next season.
    Vettel has never won from worse than 3rd on the grid (and only once from there), so that would be the benchmark.

I think we will see several things next year, all of which will make things interesting:
    1. Ferrari have definitely got the engine power. I think enough so that they can sacrifice some and work on cornering and downforce. If they can make the car easier on the tires, they can give Mercedes a battle. THAT is the key.
    2. We will see if Mercedes has anything left in reserve on their car. For most of the last several years, I don't think they used all of the available power in their engine. That is what made them so bulletproof. I think that changed the 2nd half of last year when Ferrari started nipping at their heels.
    3. Red Bull is the wild card. As much as some fanboys around here like to discount him, Verstappen is fast and he is maturing well. And I think the late season was a breakout period for Honda. If they can continue that trend, they should have a formidable power plant as well.

2020 could be a VERY interesting year.

I certainly think Verstappen could become our nemesis very soon. Like him or not, he’s fast, talented and has multiple titles in him. Leclerc vs Verstappen is the future of F1