Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

Quote Originally Posted by sheikomatic View Post

They have an awful lot of space above all the suspension members for a front push-rod yet they made an almost horizontal pull-rod. That pull-rod is really flat, how it is going to have sufficient response and reaction? They could have designed a really straightforward push-rod using the maximum space inside the bulkhead. If this space is not utilised, why not make a v-nose?

That design is really stupid. They just invent things for the sake of invention
    Remind me, what was the last F1 car you designed?

or could you please share your windtunnel simulation data to back up your theory?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Ok, by now I think we've heard nearly everyone in the world severely dislike the nose and assume Ferrari engineers have made a mistake with the suspension mountings etc but seeing the team's response, it looks like there is more to come. Regardless, it looks fast just sitting there. If anything, others will be playing catch up to us. You wanted an aggressive design and you got one, so quit whinging
    Agreed, I cant wait!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

My only hope, Red Bull will be heavily affected by the blown diffuser ban, levelling the field. This Ferrari can only capitalise on that if it is mechanically and aerodynamically efficient. However with a full scale wind-tunnel test using my eyes and a CFD run inside my head, I didn't see that. LOL

Rory Byrne and Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis are your god, worship and pray to them.
    You should work for Ferrari, send the CV in
    Forza Ferrari

Because of work I have just saw this beauty/beast now. Hmmmm... What to say more, which was not said before about NOSE... For sure it is not beauty, but beauty is not something that goes always with speed. I've read here that this is just a show car, and real racing one will be in first practice in Melbourne. This is true regarding front and rear wing. Always in the past Ferrari was presenting car with F and R wing from previous model. But to believe that something radical will be changed on that duck nose... NOPE!!! I don't buy it!
    As I have said earlier here, to me it doesn't matters if it is beauty of ugly, as long as it is fast and reliable!

A yes... Any one have HI RES pictures from presentation?

Thank you

the nosecone:

301112_1.jpg

Rory Byrne and Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis are your god, worship and pray to them.
    Given that Rory Byrne won Ferrari 5 double World Championships back to back, of course I will.

All you seem to be is just yet another keyboard warrior on an internet forum. We've seen loads of those come and go here.

The future is RED

I bet to differ, why are we wasting that much room with the suspension rod then???

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroFA View Post
    Nikolas says in his interview the car will change a lot between now and the last test/first race of the season..

and if you look at the picture from scarabs I think, they will change it to match the dotted lines....
    That's what I'm thinking too. We can definitely meet the dotted lines due to our compact front suspension.

If we wanted to have that high of a bulkhead, might as well go with push rod.

Does the pull rod front sus only save us space on the top? Hasnīt the pull rod also created more room for the air to go under the car?

I actually like the new car.
    It looks very agressive!
    May be the nose looks pretty simply, but who shows the final version of package on presentation?

I am really hoping this year in Australia we will be fast.

It's a huge departure cosmetically from the Byrne/Costa family tree we're so familiar with. Such a departure, I don't really recognise it as a Ferrari yet. Being a Ferrari is a tough gig at the best of times. Being an ugly Ferrari... I almost feel sorry for it. I hope it does us proud and wins us the championships.

Damn. This is the only place on the internet where a Ferrari fan can discuss right now. So much dirt is falling on our car from everywhere...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Please be polite to the other members, thank you
    Forza Jules

ScarbsF1:
    Ferrari blowing rear brake ducts, as predicted here http://t.co/6sz9qohJ http://t.co/2W58AHUC

For one to be so critical of the race car, one must first put aside the step in the nose cone's visual impact. Then start to review the elements that have changed from the previous design. One sees a very strong reinforcement of the Air Flow Element of this race car over its prior models. The larger, unhampered underside of the nose cone section and how that increase of air is fed at and through the race car is the new goal which was lacking last year. The suspension design lends itself to heating the tires now and much improved mechanical grip is the goal being met. Finally, the Aero Flow has been draticly altered to influence the race car in both a Passive and an Active manner which was lacking before. All in all a very EXTREME DESIGN that bites at the very upper limits of what is allowed!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Does the pull rod front sus only save us space on the top? Hasnīt the pull rod also created more room for the air to go under the car?
    The traditional push rod have the suspension rod attached at a higher point above the top mounting rods. What Ferrari did was to use a pull rod that connects to somewhere near the lower mounting rods. So the suspension rod doesn't go above or below the wheel mounts. This saves space on top and at the same time, we don't need to expand below either for the pull rod.

Scarbs mention that it would be hard for us to make the pull rod work this way, so I guess Ferrari really wants to compact the front suspension system to make a smaller nose.

Therefore at the moment, its weird why we still have that bump on top that we don't use, at least not for the suspension system. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Damn. This is the only place on the internet where a Ferrari fan can discuss right now. So much dirt is falling on our car from everywhere...
    Yeah where I'm from F1 forums are filled with contempt for Ferrari. Those haters are especially loud lately when our team could no longer produce a winning car. Hopefully this yeah will be different and our victories will shut them all up.

At the moment i see more pity than hate, even some McLaren fan on autsport saying 'i feel sorry for you guys'.
    Pity is free, envy has to be earned. Lets hope we can earn some of that when the races start...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    At the moment i see more pity than hate, even some McLaren fan on autsport saying 'i feel sorry for you guys'.
    Pity is free, envy has to be earned. Lets hope we can earn some of that when the races start...

Mclaren fans are bitter about their conservative car.

Who cares what McLaren fans say? It's amazing you complain about British media so much yet visit Autosport....
    Forza Ferrari

C'mon people, don't pretend you can tell whether it will be fast or slow.

You don't like it? O.K.

Results are what really matters!

I guess they miss many good points about our car.

The F2012 rear is so much smaller, or tighter I think even Adrian Newey would be impress
    And also our exhaust which looks like we're trying to generate downforce somewhere on the wheel or something.
    Not to mention our new push rod even at the front

ROFLMAO, That looks hideous even compared to the Lotus errrr I mean the Caterham!!!! HAhaha..

Ugliest ever??

Just done a big comparison picture with the F2012 and the F150.

We've got a bit of a longer wheelbase, which I mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Mclaren fans are bitter about their conservative car.
    big LOL from my part...
    their car is WAY too conservative, so they have no choice but to cut on our VERY AGGRESSIVE design...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    big LOL from my part...
    their car is WAY too conservative, so they have no choice but to cut on our VERY AGGRESSIVE design...
    This is taken from the autosport forum, but it shows how limited the airflow to the splitter will be for the Mclaren compared to us:

We also seem to have slightly lower and slimmer sidepods.

expect mclaren will make an front wing that will be follow by others or ferrari will change something in the car that others will follow

"Jamesallenonf1 James Allen
    #f1 There are so many legality question marks around 2012 F1 cars apparently, that FIA's Charlie Whiting is going to attend Jerez test..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The traditional push rod have the suspension rod attached at a higher point above the top mounting rods. What Ferrari did was to use a pull rod that connects to somewhere near the lower mounting rods. So the suspension rod doesn't go above or below the wheel mounts. This saves space on top and at the same time, we don't need to expand below either for the pull rod.

Scarbs mention that it would be hard for us to make the pull rod work this way, so I guess Ferrari really wants to compact the front suspension system to make a smaller nose.

Therefore at the moment, its weird why we still have that bump on top that we don't use, at least not for the suspension system. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Sorry, nothing will happen. That bump will be there until the last race of the season. Chassis is homologated

They can't make that bump lower. It is in the rules, the front bulkhead section have to be 275mm thick. A v-nose can reduce drag, either they are plainly stupid not to make a v-nose, or there may be something in the nose that make a v-nose not possible.

So live with the bump till next season