Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: World champion Nico Rosberg retires from Formula One

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I stand bye what I said. And remember we are here for you. You are not alone, we are all here for you. Just say no to it
    So be it
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Alonso should be on the phone to Mercedes right now. I'll be surprised if a move isn't being discussed. Lewis wouldn't get a say after his disobedience in Abu Dhabi. That'd be an amazing match up and it would be great to see Alonso back at the top...and beating Lewis.
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...rg-replacement
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No need to be insulting, yes I do believe it shows a lack of ambition, let's not pretend any driver is loyal to Ferrari.
    Do you know if Kimi called Mercedes? Other than what is said over the press that well, let's face it, coming off Merc's mouth means nothing?
    Same, btw goes for any driver. Ferrari or otherwise.

So seriously, why Kimi? Specially after delivering so well for the team this year?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Do you know if Kimi called Mercedes? Other than what is said over the press that well, let's face it, coming off Merc's mouth means nothing?
    Same, btw goes for any driver. Ferrari or otherwise.

So seriously, why Kimi? Specially after delivering so well for the team this year?
    So why not reply to the guy saying Vettel called Merc then? yawn. Seb delivered just as much if not a little more
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So why not reply to the guy saying Vettel called Merc then? yawn. Seb delivered just as much if not a little more
    Deflecting... :) (answering a question with a question.. really ;))
    And maybe Seb did. But one has to admit that Kimi did as well, and he had a great season all things considered.

So do you have a problem with Kimi ? if so why? Is it the magnums? lol

Pride comes before the fall.

Alonso not going to Mercedes according to Briatore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    shame, it would be fun

Perhaps for Mercedes.

Classic...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post

Disappointed Since 2010

BREAKING NEWS: World champion Nico Rosberg retires from Formula One

Reports suggest that Bottas is the one who lands up in Merc. I respect him as a driver but such a bland personality & that too against Hamilton :D

Bland is quite good considering the possible future of Ferrari.

Bottas would be a good number 2 for them.

This video is very good...the end reminds me when I played an 8-bit video games...

Hilarious. Best part was Kimi's Bwoaah [emoji23]

Bottas is a good driver, but I'm not sure if he's capable of challenging Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Bottas is a good driver, but I'm not sure if he's capable of challenging Lewis.
    I think with the timing, that will be enough for Merc's brass. A solid driver with good experience - will be an asset with good feedback on the car & should score decent points to keep them, at worst, in the thick of any battle for WCC. Honestly, I don't think they will lose their advantage though it may shrink relative to RB & Ferrari.
    And if winning is mainly down to the car as many believe, he could challenge LH. If he does though, I don't know if he could do it consistently.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

It's being reported that Merc are waiting for Vettel's Ferrari contract to be over, they'll gun for him in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    When did we ever believe what Briatore says?
    In fact if he is saying NO, then i would think its othewise.
    Silently, like a shadow

Alonso said on twitter that he is staying with mclaren
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Alonso said on twitter that he is staying with mclaren
    Well, that does it for me - Alonzo to Merc for sure!

Found this gem on F1technical.com forum, absolutely brilliant:

I can't believe that nobody has suggested that Mercedes put Lewis Hamilton in Nico Rosberg's vacated seat. Then he'll get a more reliable car!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Bottas seems the perfect fit in retain performance and not bother lewis. He has the personality of a log, so Lewis will still be the popular one, and the better driver. I rate Bottas close to Rosberg but not quite there, so happy hamilton. He also escapes a fight with Alonso, a fight which I think he would lose in equal cars, but him knowing the car for several years would have helped somewhat.
    Mercedes get a decent-good driver to get points and fight for wins, which Wehrlein is not a certainty of doing yet. Wolf is very close to Bottas so a great fit there. Bottas is a team player and a good defensive driver, his strongest attribute, with fast qualy Mercedes he could keep guys behind him.

If Bottas goes to Merc and dreams of being treated equal to Lewis, he should for sure have stayed with Clair as Williams #1 driver. He will probable be allowed to drive Lewis' car and Lewis Nico's !

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Bottas seems the perfect fit in retain performance and not bother lewis. He has the personality of a log, so Lewis will still be the popular one, and the better driver. I rate Bottas close to Rosberg but not quite there, so happy hamilton. He also escapes a fight with Alonso, a fight which I think he would lose in equal cars, but him knowing the car for several years would have helped somewhat.
    Mercedes get a decent-good driver to get points and fight for wins, which Wehrlein is not a certainty of doing yet. Wolf is very close to Bottas so a great fit there. Bottas is a team player and a good defensive driver, his strongest attribute, with fast qualy Mercedes he could keep guys behind him.
    Why not rate Bottas as Rosberg's equal? What has Rosberg ever done? I don't remember Rosberg beating Lewis in one direct duel. Lewis literally wiped the floor with Nico in direct battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Why not rate Bottas as Rosberg's equal? What has Rosberg ever done? I don't remember Rosberg beating Lewis in one direct duel. Lewis literally wiped the floor with Nico in direct battles.
    No truer words were ever spoken! Nico at least agrees with that and knew enough to get out. It would be next to impossible for Merc to hook him up again!