Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 123748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

2021 results for sure has something to do with Charles not #1 over Carlos. Let them race 1 on 1 and give each driver the car best suited for them. WCC points are still a dream come true win for Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    2021 results for sure has something to do with Charles not #1 over Carlos. Let them race 1 on 1 and give each driver the car best suited for them. WCC points are still a dream come true win for Ferrari!!
    According to Elkann, Leclerc is the driver considered to be in ‘pole position’ to bring the WDC back to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    According to Elkann, Leclerc is the driver considered to be in ‘pole position’ to bring the WDC back to Ferrari.
    Why?

Without the freak incident at Monaco in 21', Leclerc would've either won the race or finished on the podium, and he would've done good in Hungary as well. Without those two incidents, Leclerc would've finished well ahead of Sainz and Norris in the points.

This year, there's no doubt Leclerc has been head and shoulders above Sainz. The latter has had his moments, but in terms of raw pace, Leclerc is the only one in Max's universe.

In order to compete for a championship, a team must build the car around the best driver in their line up. The base design and developments have to be tailored to the number 1 driver, as that driver can extract a few more tenths out of the design. No matter how good of a car you give Sainz, he'll always be 3+ tenths off Max's pace, whereas Leclerc can keep up with Max with the car to his liking. Tell David Sanchez to build around Leclerc and you'll see what I mean.

Byrne built around Schumacher, Newey built around Mansell, Prost, Hakkinen, Vettel, and now Max. Costa and Allison built around Hamilton. When you try to build around two drivers like Newey did for JPM and Ralf, it just doesn't work.

What is a design feature on the Red Bull that is there just for Max out of interest?
    Forza Ferrari

Leclerc can keep up with Max? When? Where? I just feel Charles and Carlos are equal and both deserve equal treatment. Neither of them should have to start a race knowing he has to move over .

I wanted to say that the previous couple pages of this thread has been good conversation, with I think more agreement than usual.

The consensus is that Ferrari has political weight that it is for some reason refusing to throw around.

We can have a good conversation here, there's just some riff raff that show up on race weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What is a design feature on the Red Bull that is there just for Max out of interest?
    The car is more front end "loaded."

I believe Schumacher and Senna like their cars with more "front end loading."

Checo doesn't like it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The car is more front end "loaded."

I believe Schumacher and Senna like their cars with more "front end loading."

Checo doesn't like it.
    Any quotes?
    Forza Ferrari

Any quotes?
    From Horner? No.

But there have been multiple reports in motorsports media that Red Bull developed their car to be more front loaded for corner entry, which is something that Max prefers.

There are upgrades that Max gets on his car, which Perez has to wait several races more for.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    From Horner? No.

But there have been multiple reports in motorsports media that Red Bull developed their car to be more front loaded for corner entry, which is something that Max prefers.

There are upgrades that Max gets on his car, which Perez has to wait several races more for.
    Any links?
    Forza Ferrari

Any links?
    Cheers.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/red-b...t-performance/

Perez’s problem is that he is less confident with the more ‘pointy’ car characteristics that suit Verstappen. Crucially, those car characteristics allow Verstappen to access increased pace that eludes Perez, whereas when the car tended more towards understeer early on the gap between the pair was far smaller.

I'm too lazy right now to look, but later I'll see if I can find the reporting on Perez having to wait for several races to get upgrades that Max gets first.

Nice so it tells how the car was designed to be as quick as possible not suiting any style, and upgrades to make it faster suited Max. Not really the same as designing the car for Max.

Max is simply much better than Perez.
    Forza Ferrari

It's not how start but how you finish.

Nice so it tells how the car was designed to be as quick as possible not suiting any style, and upgrades to make it faster suited Max. Not really the same as designing the car for Max.

Max is simply much better than Perez.
    How do you explain Chico's drop in performance since Canada?

backing 1 driver, and with a budget cap, bringing updates to 1 car makes soooo much sense, because finising 1-4 nets more points than 2-3. AND you get the drivers title too. We're soon to see the return of the days of a "number 2 car".

Why?
    Because Sainz is slower to Charles and it would be idiotic to have them on an equal status.
    Which btw is what everyone is telling you.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Because Sainz is slower to Charles and it would be idiotic to have them on an equal status.
    It’s pointless talking to Brembo, he’s still traumatized since the Schumi and Twobans era when Rubens was a clear #2 as it should have been as he was NOT at the same level as Schumi....

Drivers have preference, some like understeer and some like oversteer. Yes, teams design cars to be faster. But if you think pouring downforce means faster, then you don't know anything about F1. Maximum downforce is not the way to go, it's the curve under the peak point that matters.

And how can a car perform better if the main driving force, the driver, isn't comfortable with it. Ricciardo, who scored more points than Verstappen when they were teammates having hard time matching Norris. Either Ricciardo all of a sudden forgot how to drive faster or he simply isn't comfortable with the car balance and handling. And my money is on the latter.

Perez is nowhere near Max. So Red Bull did what any competitive team should've done, made a car tailor made for the faster driver. Max is the driver that will win titles, not Perez. Same reason why Ferrari never bothered about Barrichello. Michael is on another lever.

Charles is the WDC driver, not Sainz. He's slower and he doesn't have the killer instinct on track. That's why Ferrari waiting for Sainz to be comfortable is not only laughable but also unfair to Charles.

That's what Jean Todt implied in this interview. If you read the actual Italian interview, he's flat-out implying that Charles is missing a capable team. And he's 100% correct. And it's Jean Todt, not some random voice on the internet, so is opinions are far more pertinent when team building is the subject.

Todt also claimed they had no no1 at Ferrari when Michael was there...LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Back @ Ferrari Charles and Seb on equal status! Seb got wrecked ! A 4x WDC! Schumy @Merc 3 yrs ! Zero wins ! No Todt no Ross no Rubens! Put Charles and Carlos on equal status and let them WCC points come in! Charles IS great but.... give Carlos the same chance as Charles got vs. Seb. The next race can't come sooon enough!

Back @ Ferrari Charles and Seb on equal status! Seb got wrecked ! A 4x WDC! Schumy @Merc 3 yrs ! Zero wins ! No Todt no Ross no Rubens! Put Charles and Carlos on equal status and let them WCC points come in! Charles IS great but.... give Carlos the same chance as Charles got vs. Seb. The next race can't come sooon enough!
    Elkaan has answered.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Elkaan has answered.
    Elkann's results: Italy: Carlos 18th, finishes 4th. Charles pole ; loses to Max who started 7th. Elkann has answerd!

Todt also claimed they had no no1 at Ferrari when Michael was there...LOL
    Like they needed it? Michael blew everyone away, no one could match him in a season's long battle. Rubens/Eddie might have won the odd race but there's no way they could take him on over the season. So no need to set teamorders?

If at the time Ferrari if gave the top car;a T car; Todt; Ross and anything else they had going to Rubens and told Michael to move over for Rubens all would have been the same for Rubens as it was for Michael. Just F Forward to Michael at his home team Merc driving 3 seasons without even one win!

If at the time Ferrari if gave the top car;a T car; Todt; Ross and anything else they had going to Rubens and told Michael to move over for Rubens all would have been the same for Rubens as it was for Michael. Just F Forward to Michael at his home team Merc driving 3 seasons without even one win!
    What happened at Brawn then?

No one is gifted no 1 status. That happens when a driver proves himself, like you stated... Leclerc on Vettel. When Carlos becomes faster than Charles, then he would be the presumed No.1.

Time to let Rubens go Brembo.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Like they needed it? Michael blew everyone away, no one could match him in a season's long battle. Rubens/Eddie might have won the odd race but there's no way they could take him on over the season. So no need to set teamorders?
    Exactly. Michael was ONE of a kind!!! He was, is and will be No 1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What happened at Brawn then?

No one is gifted no 1 status. That happens when a driver proves himself, like you stated... Leclerc on Vettel. When Carlos becomes faster than Charles, then he would be the presumed No.1.

Time to let Rubens go Brembo.
    OK. 2021 final results had Carlos stats ahead of Charles going into 2022. Was he; is he presumed #1 over Charles? Why not? Or at least as I see them even as far as who's the better. Don't send either driver out knowing they have to move over.

OK. ...................................... <muted>...............
    If you feel so strongly about Carlos being equal (if not faster) than Charles, why don't you take it with Elkaan?
    Like it or not, Ferrari upper management has decided that Charles is the future.

Enjoy it. Embrace it.
    Like everyone else does :D

Finally they start to make the right decisions !

If you feel so strongly about Carlos being equal (if not faster) than Charles, why don't you take it with Elkaan?
    Like it or not, Ferrari upper management has decided that Charles is the future.

Enjoy it. Embrace it.
    Like everyone else does :D

Finally they start to make the right decisions !
    “I would like to congratulate both of them. They are are drivers who are directly involved in the progress of the car and know how to work as a team. As a driving style, they have great potential and a positive aggressiveness that characterizes them. Sometimes they even push beyond the limit, but both of them have made great improvements. I like their courage, which is a decisive factor to be successful in life as in sport. I think they are two great drivers and this motivates them even more to improve. I am confident that we will win not only the Constructors World Championship, but also the Drivers Championship and that Charles Leclerc is in pole position to do this” - John Elkann

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-f1-...pole-position/