Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7181920212223242526272829303132

Thread: 2022 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So what did you want them to do leaving a restaurant? walk out holding hands???? They have clearly had a meeting to clear the air that is surely a good thing and shows both are willing, you are the one looking for the negatives over and over. If they can't work together no more then we will soon find out won't we. Not sure how Ferrari are starting to turn on Charles either....

Do you embrace your boss after every meeting???? What are you looking for here???? Next you will blame Toto for this all.....Are you really so sure what Ferrari say to the press is the same as behind closed doors.....Binotto is off course going to gloss over things in the media does not mean he is doing the same in private.
    Not only that, you have to understand that English isn't his first language, so things may not come out right.

I think we all agree that if things don't turn out positively between the 2 ,then the future (near and long) doesn't look
    so bright. I don't know what Lec going to do next and personally I don't care. But I don't see who can replace him as our lead driver. All the ace drivers have contracts.
    Personally I pray that this meeting was just to clear things up.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I think we all agree that if things don't turn out positively between the 2 ,then the future (near and long) doesn't look
    so bright. I don't know what Lec going to do next and personally I don't care. But I don't see who can replace him as our lead driver. All the ace drivers have contracts.
    Personally I pray that this meeting was just to clear things up.
    Arthur Leclerc
    Forza Ferrari

So what did you want them to do leaving a restaurant? walk out holding hands???? They have clearly had a meeting to clear the air that is surely a good thing and shows both are willing, you are the one looking for the negatives over and over. If they can't work together no more then we will soon find out won't we. Not sure how Ferrari are starting to turn on Charles either....

Do you embrace your boss after every meeting???? What are you looking for here???? Next you will blame Toto for this all.....Are you really so sure what Ferrari say to the press is the same as behind closed doors.....Binotto is off course going to gloss over things in the media does not mean he is doing the same in private.
    The BOSS flew to Monaco to have a meeting with Leclerc.

The BOSS didn't tell Leclerc to fly to Maranello, at Ferrari's expense, to have a meeting.

Why do you think the BOSS flew to Monaco to meet with Leclerc after the BritishGP???

Leclerc wants answers and I truly hope he got them. Let's see what happens from here onward but the pressure is on Ferrari and not on Leclerc.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The BOSS flew to Monaco to have a meeting with Leclerc.

The BOSS didn't tell Leclerc to fly to Maranello, at Ferrari's expense, to have a meeting.

Why do you think the BOSS flew to Monaco to meet with Leclerc after the BritishGP???

Leclerc wants answers and I truly hope he got them. Let's see what happens from here onward but the pressure is on Ferrari and not on Leclerc.

Remarkable how you know this? So you are saying Leclerc summoned Binotto to a meeting?

Leclerc is not in a great position either if the relationship has broken down.
    Forza Ferrari

Remarkable how you know this? So you are saying Leclerc summoned Binotto to a meeting?

Leclerc is not in a great position either if the relationship has broken down.
    No, the BOSS went to Leclerc's hometown to have a meeting with Leclerc and not the other way around.

Why would an F1 BOSS do that after a GP???

Leclerc has performed brilliantly for 2022 at his time with Ferrari. Like I said, the pressure is on Ferrari to produce reults.

No, the BOSS went to Leclerc's hometown to have a meeting with Leclerc and not the other way around.

Why would an F1 BOSS do that after a GP???

Leclerc has performed brilliantly for 2022 at his time with Ferrari. Like I said, the pressure is on Ferrari to produce reults.
    Because its as good a place to meet as any? Maybe they were at a sponsor event?
    Forza Ferrari

ah, just the reminder WHY I cannot be happy with what is happening in the Ferrari camp right now.... WHY did we sign a red bull driver instead of the Huge talent pool that is Ferrari academy?????????

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut...-sainz-outcry/

Because its as good a place to meet as any? Maybe they were at a sponsor event?
    Now I know your delusional and in denial after reading your posts from other members on this forum on said topic.

You refuse to acknowledge what others and myself have seen in the BritishGP and what this meeting between Binotto and Leckerc after the race means.

It was no sponsored event btw. There's no debating with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    ah, just the reminder WHY I cannot be happy with what is happening in the Ferrari camp right now.... WHY did we sign a red bull driver instead of the Huge talent pool that is Ferrari academy?????????

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut...-sainz-outcry/
    Who would you say is ready and good enough for a Ferrari drive that's in the pool?
    Forza Ferrari

Now I know your delusional and in denial after reading your posts from other members on this forum on said topic.

You refuse to acknowledge what others and myself have seen in the BritishGP and what this meeting between Binotto and Leckerc after the race means.

It was no sponsored event btw. There's no debating with you.
    What does the meeting mean? You know all about it, from reports it seems Binotto has gone to Monaco before to debrief with Charles.....and Charles was not expected to go to Maranello....so this was nothing that unusual.

Or are you just making up what you want it to mean as you normally do?
    Forza Ferrari

Who would you say is ready and good enough for a Ferrari drive that's in the pool?
    Robert Shwartzman was ready even before Charles...
    We will lose him and Mick, if either does not get a drive for us SOONER rather than later.
    oh, and btw, Sergio Perez should have been a better choice than Sainz ANY day!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Not only that, you have to understand that English isn't his first language, so things may not come out right.
    Binotto and Leclerc are both fluent in French and Italian and can get by just fine in English. There is no misunderstandings spoken between the two.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ferrari should do whatever it takes and get Max in the Car along side Leclerc. There will be times when they will be toxic to each other, but I truly believe Max is one of the best when it comes to understanding what he wants from the car and helping to develop it to get it to where it needs to be. Those 2 are the future world champions of this generation. I don't see any other drivers coming close, so spend the money and buy the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Ferrari should do whatever it takes and get Max in the Car along side Leclerc. There will be times when they will be toxic to each other, but I truly believe Max is one of the best when it comes to understanding what he wants from the car and helping to develop it to get it to where it needs to be. Those 2 are the future world champions of this generation. I don't see any other drivers coming close, so spend the money and buy the Best!
    NO, NO, NO......Not in the same team mate....that's a recipe set for disaster......
    and as much as Max is acting all nice now being in a different team and racing Leclerc hard....i can see sparks flying high if they both were to drive for the same team

Common, let;s win a WDC with Charles this year, shall we.......

Note: A few Ferrari staff failed to show up to Sainz's podium finish and after race celebrations at the BritishGP 2022.

But all is good here folks. Nothing to worry about. Everything at Ferrari F1 is A-okay. It's roses and sunshine at Ferrari F1.........please.

Mercedes and Red Bull when their strategy team goofs up (rarely): "Sorry Lewis/Max, it was our fault and will not happen again"
    Ferrari, when they frequently goofs up Charles's strategy: "You drove well today so be happy"
    Yeah, a driver who lost wins because of Ferrari's own goof ups should feel "happy".

Charles has a huge support among the tifosi in Italy and elsewhere. He's probably the most popular Ferrari driver after Michael. I hope all flaks that Ferrari are receiving right now should at least change their mindset a bit. But I'm not convinced.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 7th July 2022 at 02:30.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Mercedes and Red Bull when their strategy team goofs up (rarely): "Sorry Lewis/Max, it was our fault and will not happen again"
    Ferrari, when they frequently goofs up Charles's strategy: "You drove well today so be happy"
    Yeah, a driver who lost wins because of Ferrari's own goof ups should feel "happy".

Charles has a huge support among the tifosi in Italy and elsewhere. He's probably the most popular Ferrari driver after Michael. I hope all flaks that Ferrari are receiving right now should at least change their mindset a bit. But I'm not convinced.
    Hungary, Turkey, and Abu Dhabi jump out at me as obvious strategy mistakes Merc made in 2021 alone, and i didn't even think that long...

oh and in Monaco Red Bull didn't pit their lead driver first, and if you ask Jos, completely botched that one.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 7th July 2022 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    NO, NO, NO......Not in the same team mate....that's a recipe set for disaster......
    and as much as Max is acting all nice now being in a different team and racing Leclerc hard....i can see sparks flying high if they both were to drive for the same team

Common, let;s win a WDC with Charles this year, shall we.......
    You're both delusional. Max is never coming to Ferrari because of the circus atmosphere in the strategy department. And why would he leave the fastest car on the circuit for the second fastest?

Some say the upcoming gp is not suitable for sf-75
    If this is true, it will give the team a bit of rest as they would not have to find a way to make Charles lose like in the last 5 races

Hungary, Turkey, and Abu Dhabi jump out at me as obvious strategy mistakes Merc made in 2021 alone, and i didn't even think that long...

oh and in Monaco Red Bull didn't pit their lead driver first, and if you ask Jos, completely botched that one.
    Point is If there’s a mistake agree & make sure it doesn’t repeat again. Instead Mattia said strategy was right , which demoralises your lead driver who is/was fastest on track & finished behind slower car.

Mercs & RB agree their mistakes, ferrari doesn’t.

Ferrari for sure feels either driver is OK to win and bring the team closer to a hopeful WCC . The WDC between them is their driver needed motivation . There's hope on both .

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Point is If there’s a mistake agree & make sure it doesn’t repeat again. Instead Mattia said strategy was right , which demoralises your lead driver who is/was fastest on track & finished behind slower car.

Mercs & RB agree their mistakes, ferrari doesn’t.

From F1.com

“We believed that we didn’t have enough space between the two cars to stop both of them so we had to make a choice between the first or the second car, so we decided to stop Carlos because Charles had the track position and was the leader of the race at that time, so you don’t know what the others would have done if we had stopped as the leader,” said the Ferrari boss.

“And then we were hoping for more tyre degradation on the soft – that didn’t happen.”

Play Video
    2022 British Grand Prix: Sainz swoops past Leclerc to take race lead at Safety Car restart
    He said the team strategists decided there wasn’t enough time to do a double stack pit stop of both cars, as Binotto explained: “The others were just behind and you cannot lose even a second at the pit stop trying to organise it, so it was clear: we keep track position with Charles, and stop Carlos.

Obviously, with the hindsight now, [Leclerc] being on softs would have been better, but that’s not what we thought was the right decision.
    first I don't think Red Bull admit to a mistake in Monaco, nor should they. And here it sure does look like Binotto admitted to it to me.

Again you've missed the point. The point is, Ferrari's management acts so high and mighty that apologizing for their own mistakes is just too much for them.
    And you can only come with one example for Red Bull and have to go back previous year to find some examples for the Merc. But we shouldn't be playing that game because Ferrari have goofed up quite a bit in 2021 as well. Hell, they're F'ing up the strategy since 2018.

And we shouldn't be expecting any improvements cause those same people are still calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Again you've missed the point. The point is, Ferrari's management acts so high and mighty that apologizing for their own mistakes is just too much for them.
    And you can only come with one example for Red Bull and have to go back previous year to find some examples for the Merc. But we shouldn't be playing that game because Ferrari have goofed up quite a bit in 2021 as well. Hell, they're F'ing up the strategy since 2018.

And we shouldn't be expecting any improvements cause those same people are still calling the shots.
    I actually agree with you that it needs to improve. Since Binotto took off in 2019 everything about the team has gotten better, so I'm hoping the strategy calls get better too.

i really didn't pay much attention to Merc strategy this season, it's a lot different when you're not fighting for wins. That's my feeling. For example, sending Russell out on slicks in Canada qualy, ended up costing Russell the chance to be Shamilton. If Charles did that, the cost would have been a position or two, but those positions at the front are much more costly.

Charles on Mattia visiting him in Monaco this week: "Then in Monaco, something we usually do, he came to Monaco because the last five races have been quite hard on me, and I just wanted to stay at home & disconnect a bit from everything, to be fully 100% for this weekend."

Good for Charles to get away from all the post-Silverstone media attention but surely he knows what most of us think and he gets his head back in the game for Austria....if the car holds together and the strategy is faultless.

Even sensible and talented and intelligent people often make mistakes and I'm hopeful that this bruhaha is behind
    them after their Monaco meet. Back to business pending for the rest of July
    FORZA FERRARI111

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Even sensible and talented and intelligent people often make mistakes and I'm hopeful that this bruhaha is behind
    them after their Monaco meet. Back to business pending for the rest of July
    FORZA FERRARI111
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!