Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

From his IG post I think he's pretty happy about his future. Sauber seems to have big ambitions for the future, Kimi will be their #1 driver and he can certainly help a lot with their development. Plus he stays closely connected with Ferrari.

I wish him all the best for his next two seasons and I'm thankful that he contributed to two WCC titles during his tenure in Ferrari so far. And of course, I'm glad that his only title came with us, in one of the most thrilling seasons ever back in 2007.

Cheers, Kimi!

actually Team wall during races might be better in Sauber lol (j.k), Word is that M.E is not guaranteed a seat either, so maybe Gio has a slight chance to join in 2019, seeing haas more likely keeping there drivers, Williams going with Russel/ocon & Sergey, F.I going with Perez and Stroll, The final pieces of silly season is falling into place. big question mark on T.R.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    actually Team wall during races might be better in Sauber lol (j.k), Word is that M.E is not guaranteed a seat either, so maybe Gio has a slight chance to join in 2019, seeing haas more likely keeping there drivers, Williams going with Russel/ocon & Sergey, F.I going with Perez and Stroll, The final pieces of silly season is falling into place. big question mark on T.R.
    The main shareholders of Sauber are Swedish billionaires through Swiss investment company. Bad news for Giovinazzi unless Fiat-Chrysler (or somebody else) will bought them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    The main shareholders of Sauber are Swedish billionaires through Swiss investment company. Bad news for Giovinazzi unless Fiat-Chrysler (or somebody else) will bought them out.
    not really bad news: Italian Media reporting Giovinazzi will team up with Kimi as of 2019 with an official seat.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...175037/?nrt=54

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    This is most exciting news.
    A great send off to Kimi to a family team, and also (finally) Leclerc confirmed to the Scuderia.

It's exactly what the team needs, bold moves, as I don't exactly remember when was the last time we put a young gun behind the wheels of a red car.

As for those that ask if Kimi is going to "behave" for the last races, I am pretty sure he will be driving and supporting Seb just fine as I am pretty sure that part of his salary at Sauber is going to be paid by Ferrari.
    His entire salary is currently being paid by Ferrari. Didnt seem to make a difference to him.
    Silently, like a shadow

Leclerc has already shown he is an exceptional talent and this works very well for the team. This isnt a great thing for LeClerc though.
    He has been pulled in to be Sebs b***h, seeing as kimi was not playing along.
    If he turns out to be faster than Seb, what happens then? Would he be allowed to race Vettel? I think not.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Leclerc has already shown he is an exceptional talent and this works very well for the team. This isnt a great thing for LeClerc though.
    He has been pulled in to be Sebs b***h, seeing as kimi was not playing along.
    If he turns out to be faster than Seb, what happens then? Would he be allowed to race Vettel? I think not.
    IMO it is a different time now in Ferrari than it was in Montezemolo`s time. i do believe that this new era is more like it used to be, racing with out team orders.
    Montezemolo did say after Monza: We did use team orders and we did well.
    It is like saying, "we did rape this sport, I think Arrivabene and Co should rape this sport too."

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    IMO it is a different time now in Ferrari than it was in Montezemolo`s time. i do believe that this new era is more like it used to be, racing with out team orders.
    It is like saying, "we did rape this sport, I think Arrivabene and Co should rape this sport too."

Just my opinion.
    Arrivabene and co are trying hard. Dont be fooled. Kimi just didnt play along.
    It'll be back to normal once leclerc is in. That said, its a winning formula. This is more of a business than a sport now. So i dont blame the team. In the end we want to win.
    Silently, like a shadow

IMO they have been talking inside the team, that there won`t be any team orders, that is why Kimi wanted to hear that they are not keeping their words. Just guessing.

https://www.givemesport.com/1358286-...man-grand-prix

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post

Just my opinion.
    This sport is all bout team orders. Always was and will be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Arrivabene and co are trying hard. Dont be fooled. Kimi just didnt play along.
    It'll be back to normal once leclerc is in. That said, its a winning formula. This is more of a business than a sport now. So i dont blame the team. In the end we want to win.
    Didn't play along in what way?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    This sport is all bout team orders. Always was and will be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20...number-one-two

Thank you, Kimi. All the best at Sauber-Alfa.

Oh, I was having an off from the world of F1 to heal my tifoso soul but this is a big big News.

Kimi has shown that he is still fast but once again he couldnt get it together to win a race. He should retire with Scuderia Ferrari IMHO but to return to Sauber at the end isnt bad either.

Leclerc has been outstanding from gp2 till Now so it was just a matter of time. Looking forward to see him racing in all red!

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 4 pomocí Tapatalk

I read that Kimi also shares ownership of Sauber and that is one of the reasons to move there and maybe get a bigger role in the future (team manager or something like that). Just read it as a comment on other forum.

There are such speculations about possible ownership but they appear to be just speculations.

I have to believe Shumy Jr's dream of having a Rubens 2, behind him; has now come true. I wish the best to Leclerc and just hope he's allowed to somewhat drive to win. He knows the good felling from his successful time in F2.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    not really bad news: Italian Media reporting Giovinazzi will team up with Kimi as of 2019 with an official seat.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...175037/?nrt=54
    Great news if it's true and it all makes sense. What a team mate to have for Giovinazzi!!!!!
    Kimi will be straight with him as he's not ego driven.
    But it could be wishful thinking on the part of the Italian media. I guess we will find out soon

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Great news if it's true and it all makes sense. What a team mate to have for Giovinazzi!!!!!
    But it could be wishful thinking on the part of the Italian media. I guess we will find out soon
    Great news for sure! I hope it's for real.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I really hope this is true. Leclerc and Giovinazzi appear to be the future Ferrari lineup.

Disappointed Since 2010

Not very impressed with Giovinazzi during whatever FP runs he was given, probably not a fair assessment with quality of cars & limited time given. Hopefully he’ll do a full season & we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I really hope this is true. Leclerc and Giovinazzi appear to be the future Ferrari lineup.
    I'd prefer Leclerc-Verstappen lineup.

Grazie mille Kimi as our last champion in 2007, and I am quite happy that he's staying in F1 at Sauber but I'm surprised he is prepared to accept that switch with Charles. Hopefully we'll get GIO as Kimi's team-mate, this is a new approach from Ferrari and its customer teams and I hope it all works out.

Looks like Gioviazzi might partner kimi next year.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...d_Sauber_seat/

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Looks like Gioviazzi might partner kimi next year.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...d_Sauber_seat/
    Seems more like hopeful speaking on behalf of italian media Imo

if his contract ends in 2021, i dont know how long he would be willing to wait, the only other alternatives is to go to TR. If Kimi and M.E is retained he has to decide how much longer he will be willing to wait, kimi might extend till his 50 and M.E is tied to Sauber
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

If Gio goes to sauber and kvyat goes to TR, ferrari have zero young/jnr/test/sim drivers??? or am i forgetting someone

Apparently there will not be any ties with Ferrari after this season.

Was surprised to hear today that Sauber signing Kimi had nothing to do with Ferrari. So Ferrari still might want to claim a seat at Sauber and give it to their junior driver Giovinazzi. So Ericsson is not safe at all for 2019.
    I was told Sauber is paying his salary, which is of course a lot less than what he got at Ferrari. No engine discount. Ferrari not paying anything. Maybe Alfa Romeo PR duties will cost extra.
    https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1040283932049080320

No wonder Leclerc landed the Ferrari seat. Just found out his manager is Nicholas TODT, yeah the son of Jean Todt... Kid has some solid backing in Ferrari.