Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 63142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Of course thats all you will read english crap just like there food roll on melbourne where the food the wine and the ferrari will be on song ferrari are not saying much commentators are baiting them with loads of crap statements waiting like a petulant child for a reaction the silence is killing them cant wait for the reviews post race ha ha.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ptive-1014263/

Vettel hints Ferrari rivals' long-run pace deceptive

Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel believes Mercedes and Red Bull's strong long-run pace in winter Formula 1 testing could prove to be deceptive.

Analysis of the testing times suggested Mercedes had a clear edge on race pace at Barcelona, with Ferrari potentially falling behind Red Bull having been the champion team's main rival in 2017.

But Vettel says the fact Mercedes and Red Bull did race simulation entirely on the medium tyre means their performances might not be representative.

Ferrari dominated the top end of the timing charts at Barcelona with times set on shorter runs with Pirelli's softer compounds, while there were hints that Mercedes was struggling with tyre temperature on the softer types.

"Our competitors – Mercedes and Red Bull – used one type of tyre for their race distance simulations, which is something you can't do in a grand prix," said Vettel.

"This has an impact on the strategies and ultimately on the result."

He insisted Ferrari had had a strong pre-season and would head to the Australian Grand Prix in as a good a shape as its main rivals.

"I think we're starting from a good base with our SF71H car," Vettel added. "Now we'll have to work on development to further explore and improve its potential.

"I have a lot of confidence in our team, I know how skilled and committed the guys in Maranello are.

"We, too, did a good job in terms of mileage, totalling some 4323km of running. I have a personal best of 188 laps in one day, which is 875km and a total of nearly 3000km.

"We did not experience any major issues with the car, and I had fun driving it.

"I can't wait to be in Australia, because once we get on track there, we will all be driving and racing under the same conditions.

"And, as I said before, I have confidence in our car."

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel believes Mercedes and Red Bull's strong long-run pace in winter Formula 1 testing could prove to be deceptive.

Analysis of the testing times suggested Mercedes had a clear edge on race pace at Barcelona, with Ferrari potentially falling behind Red Bull having been the champion team's main rival in 2017.

But Vettel says the fact Mercedes and Red Bull did race simulation entirely on the medium tyre means their performances might not be representative.

Ferrari dominated the top end of the timing charts at Barcelona with times set on shorter runs with Pirelli's softer compounds, while there were hints that Mercedes was struggling with tyre temperature on the softer types.

"Our competitors – Mercedes and Red Bull – used one type of tyre for their race distance simulations, which is something you can't do in a grand prix," said Vettel.

He insisted Ferrari had had a strong pre-season and would head to the Australian Grand Prix in as a good a shape as its main rivals.

"I think we're starting from a good base with our SF71H car," Vettel added. "Now we'll have to work on development to further explore and improve its potential.

"I have a lot of confidence in our team, I know how skilled and committed the guys in Maranello are.

"We, too, did a good job in terms of mileage, totalling some 4323km of running. I have a personal best of 188 laps in one day, which is 875km and a total of nearly 3000km.

"I can't wait to be in Australia, because once we get on track there, we will all be driving and racing under the same conditions.

Seb seems fairly relaxed. I'll take more comfort from that than all the random musings of the motorsports press.

Would still like to see the quote where he says he had lots of fuel in the car after his race sim.

This tests, smells like 2016 preseason. Vettel statements sounds like a justify more than anything. I hope that we have something big to show in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    So by most accounts, the 71 is ungainly around corners, needs too much fuel, produces too much smoke, fast only on the softer rubber, lags behind the Mercedes and the Red Bull, and is driven by a sleepwalker and a hothead.

I say we've got 'em exactly where we want 'em. Roll on Melbourne.
    Sounds like the SF71-H is one hell of a car! And I wish I could share your optimism, but I'm going to be realistic and wait until the lights go out.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    This tests, smells like 2016 preseason. Vettel statements sounds like a justify more than anything. I hope that we have something big to show in Australia.
    I thought the same thing...... It screams 2016 and standard Ferrari PR BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Vettel declared that after his race simulation with a smile, the fuel problem is just a theory, only a deduction for Ferrari driving to a delta in the Sims.
    Where did you see it? Do you have a video of interview?

He vettal is 100% correct you can not win a f1 race with one tyre compound so if you think say 2 tenths on mediam tyres is an advantage to the chequred flag good luck with that one merc.

This season Ferrari will be there or thereabout where they where last year in terms of comparison to our rivals. So doom and gloom is out of the question, we will not have an awful season, our car will win races. How many it has to be seen, maybe more maybe less. Mercedes does not have 1 sec advantage, we have not fallen behind RBR. Best case scenario imo, we are equal with mercs or even 0.1-0.2 ahead, worst case we are on par with RBR for 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Pretty much what i mentioned in post 1588

FerrariSteve Guest
    'Driver criticisms of the halo are not being tolerated by FIA president Jean Todt'

What a vile little man he is.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    This season Ferrari will be there or thereabout where they where last year in terms of comparison to our rivals. So doom and gloom is out of the question, we will not have an awful season, our car will win races. How many it has to be seen, maybe more maybe less. Mercedes does not have 1 sec advantage, we have not fallen behind RBR. Best case scenario imo, we are equal with mercs or even 0.1-0.2 ahead, worst case we are on par with RBR for 2nd.
    We will be 'in the mix'. After all, had we not been involved in a number of avoidable prangs last term, we might just have beaten Rapper Boy!
    Trying to be less angry..

Funny, the similarity between 'Todt' and 'toad'..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    'Driver criticisms of the halo are not being tolerated by FIA president Jean Todt'

Not quite...

FIA president Jean Todt does not understand driver criticisms of the halo - because the push to introduce it in Formula 1 was started by them in the first place.
    A number of leading F1 racers have continually criticised the look of the halo, which has been made mandatory for this year on safety grounds. Todt is unimpressed with such remarks, and said drivers especially had no right to speak out against it - because the Grand Prix Drivers' Association pushed so hard for it to be introduced.
    "It is short memories and it was a request from the drivers," said Todt, during a media briefing in London on Tuesday.

"On December 16, 2015, I got a letter than was signed by [GPDA directors] Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel and Alex Wurz, urging us to decide for head protection for the drivers, and I said, 'We are there. We will listen.' "Immediately we asked the technical people as a priority to see what could come out, and on July 27, 2016 they [the drivers] knew a meeting was going to happen - and they said: 'Don't be weak. Please respect what we have asked you on safety'. So we committed to taking that into consideration. "I must say I am so surprised. I love F1 but I hate this part of F1. You have people who don't have [keep] their word. "For me we are talking about the biggest asset in life: it is loyalty and having [keeping] a word and having respect of what you have been undertaking. "We have respected that and some have forgotten that, but that is where we are."

When asked about Mercedes boss Toto Wolff's recent comments suggesting he would like to cut off the halo with a 'chainsaw', Todt said: "I will not react to what has been said. It is simply a childish game. "I will only tell you for me, I love F1, and I think we all should love F1. I think it is very inappropriate whoever you are, just to publicly deny something which is introduced. "For me, constructive criticism is always good because it makes you move forward, but public criticism which is not good for the sport - I don't see the value." Todt said the FIA would be neglecting its duties if it did not introduce a safety device like the halo, having proven its effectiveness. "I am amazed to hear some people say that motor racing has to be dangerous and if it [a fatal accident] happens it happens - if we can avoid that, why should we not protect the life of whoever?" Todt added, "It is human attitude to be reluctant to change, but can you imagine how we will all feel if something would happen and if we would have had the halo it would not have happened?"
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Funny, the similarity between 'Todt' and 'toad'..
    I know some toads that would be severely offended by that remark.

[QUOTE=jgonzalesm6;965353]He barely beat DR (by 5pts). RAI had 4 DNF's while RIC had 6 DNF's and VER had 7 DNF's for 2017.

If a driver suffers a DNF he really didn't lose; say to Kimi; he just doesn't get any points. Kimi needs to keep causing these DNFs so as to get those big points for WDC and most important WCC. FIA needs to check the Parc Ferm cameras.

[QUOTE=Brembo;965506]
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He barely beat DR (by 5pts). RAI had 4 DNF's while RIC had 6 DNF's and VER had 7 DNF's for 2017.

If a driver suffers a DNF he really didn't lose; say to Kimi; he just doesn't get any points. Kimi needs to keep causing these DNFs so as to get those big points for WDC and most important WCC. FIA needs to check the Parc Ferm cameras.
    If DNF's earn points McLaren have built the most dominant cars ever since 2015.

The drivers asked for more head protection....
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

DP

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not quite...
    +10000

DP

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    The drivers asked for more head protection....
    The halo was the wrong way to do it imo, they should have taken their time and come up with a better idea, this was just rushed as todt is terrified of being sued by a drivers family.

The halo was the wrong way to do it imo, they should have taken their time and come up with a better idea, this was just rushed as todt is terrified of being sued by a drivers family.
    It's taken 3 years and the teams were asked to design it after the drivers asked for protection, not sure what more FIA could do really....and Todt would not be sued by anyone he is not personally responsible for every driver.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's taken 3 years and the teams were asked to design it after the drivers asked for protection, not sure what more FIA could do really....and Todt would not be sued by anyone he is not personally responsible for every driver.
    I think he means F1 as an organization and NOT Todt personally.

Not what he said
    Forza Ferrari

Halo is what we got, I think we should stop complaining about it.
    Todt hasn’t designed it personally, and keeping insulting him for this is childish, is like Toto Wolf talking down Halo, absolutely inappropriate; much like Bernie used to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The driver's might hate it, we might hate it.. but as soon as it stops a wheel from hitting a driver's head.. they'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    The driver's might hate it, we might hate it.. but as soon as it stops a wheel from hitting a driver's head.. they'll love it.
    and hate it as soon as they need to get out of the car fast.
    it protects the head, but it makes it much harder to get out of a burning vehicle.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    and as soon as it traps a driver or it breaks in a huge shunt and impales the driver people will wake up and realise how bad and potentially dangerous it is?
    (not that I want that to ever happen, dear gods no.)