Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2017 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    There were some people here saying they will not watch podium ceremonies and yet there was a Ferrari driver up there.

Sometimes I feel Ferrari could do with a bit better fans.
    You know, Ed, I think you make a fair point. I did not watch the podium ceremony, but it wasn't because Raikkonen finished ahead of Vettel. It was because I was absolutely disgusted by what happened at the end of the race and the Hamilton fanfare may have sent me over the edge.

Disappointed Since 2010

after i Brock the Tv, that's it my View: What a miss, the new Piece of Sheet "Power Unit" that Ferrari Use-it in Silver-Stone are the The biggest joke in 2017 "More than Honda spect3", before even the race Start the break of vettel in Fire & when the race near of it end the both car "front-left" Tyre Explode, these is not Ferrari Corse "Scuderia Ferrari", this is The Marussia
    9Set of SuperSoft for each divers in Beach GP "British" not Enough to fully understood the behavior of the Tyre, next times they must bring 12Set of 13 available
    I'm still Very Very angry

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Really, really disappointed here, as many of you guys are for sure. I am traveling in two weeks time to Budapest for Hungarian GP. Such a race as this one today is not a good overture to next one. From now on, no mistakes are allowed. Ferrari and their drivers need to perform at 150% level. In Budapest win is a MUST!!!

Didn't think it was cool of 44 to show up Seb like that at the post-qualifying interview. Do me a favor and just give 'em hell from FP1 onwards.

I was expecting us to do much better than we actually did, but we have half a season ahead and nothing is out of reach yet. Kimi put in an awesome performance; his drive deserved higher than 3rd but his front left tyre disagreed. Seb lucky not to have not finished outside the points. The car does seem to take longer than it has to come alive, but we are still in a good place. Winning again was never going to be easy and Mercedes aren't going to go away suddenly. We're going to have to hustle through this and we can do it. Forza Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Didn't think it was cool of 44 to show up Seb like that at the post-qualifying interview. Do me a favor and just give 'em hell from FP1 onwards.

I was expecting us to do much better than we actually did, but we have half a season ahead and nothing is out of reach yet. Kimi put in an awesome performance; his drive deserved higher than 3rd but his front left tyre disagreed. Seb lucky not to have not finished outside the points. The car does seem to take longer than it has to come alive, but we are still in a good place. Winning again was never going to be easy and Mercedes aren't going to go away suddenly. We're going to have to hustle through this and we can do it. Forza Ferrari.
    Agree. Nothing is certain yet and the championship is still up for grabs, even the WCC. We just have to push harder in terms of development. Our car is good straight out of the box but it doesn't mean Mercedes isn't capable of turning things around in a heartbeat. just like what they are doing now the past 3 races. I believe all it takes is one bad race for Lewis to eat up Vettel's lead and this race seems to be the wake up call the team needs. No need to panic yet, the season is still ours to take!

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Agree. Nothing is certain yet and the championship is still up for grabs, even the WCC. We just have to push harder in terms of development. Our car is good straight out of the box but it doesn't mean Mercedes isn't capable of turning things around in a heartbeat. just like what they are doing now the past 3 races. I believe all it takes is one bad race for Lewis to eat up Vettel's lead and this race seems to be the wake up call the team needs. No need to panic yet, the season is still ours to take!
    OR, the season is still ours to LOSE.....if we don't gather up and work around the clock in Maranello to try and figure out how to fix our issues adn make the car faster.....and also get some more ponies out of that engine.....

cause surely we did NOT accomplish 25HP with our last update like rumours were going around

I want to remain optimistic but gentlemen, when was the last time Ferrari out developed anyone DURING the season?

The team had some success in the beginning, but I fear the final 10 races will just be another 2016.

What upsets me the most this season is that in two races Hamilton will have the most polls of all time, beating MS.

might be my crazy head....but if what if somebody messed with our tyres..may be some one from the inside.... like how (if true) the oil burning issue got out... the way wolff was defending the tyre puncture was due to hard racing doesnt make any sense....he is like trying to convey that it was only due to hard racing that it happened.. as if trying to cover up something else.... which reminds me of what niki said..." it will take seb to have a race failure or issue for hamilton to catch up and voila..it happend..."

Toto: "In high speed with a high load you are working the tyres very hard. And when you push very hard, as Seb did from Valtteri, it just doesn't help the tyre.

"I think we have pushed them to the extreme now in terms of load, speed and pushing hard because of the race circumstances. We didn't have any problems."

We are all angry what happened this weekend,from Friday Ferrari were not in the game but lets hope the 'Scuderia Ferrari' have something up there sleeves for us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    ... the way wolff was defending the tyre puncture was due to hard racing doesnt make any sense....
    I agree. It's motor racing with 1000 hp or whatever it is so of course you're going to push hard at some stages and still expect the tyre to hold up. This isn't Pirelli's first F1 season and they know the Silverstone circuit very well. What Wolff said makes no sense at all.

Still gutted after yesterday,we seem to be falling behind in the development race and I think most of us had this worry early in the season,I was relying on the tyre situation but the mercs look like they have sorted that out,the next track should be more Ferrari friendly but if we fail there then it's gonna be a long second half of the season and I can only see ham and bot running off into the distance

FORZA FERRARI

I know that a lot of us are bit gutted at the weekends race result as well as our performances.

BUUUUUUUUTTTTTT!!!..............Here i am, still gonna support my boys, Still gonna believe in them and know that they won't let us down!!! We will fight to the bitter end.......DON'T LOSE HOPE GUYS........Mercs are too gonna have a crap race before the end..............But we're gonna show them who's the boss in the next GP.........come on guys!!........Lets boost our team.....they need us now!!!!!................
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I know that a lot of us are bit gutted at the weekends race result as well as our performances.

BUUUUUUUUTTTTTT!!!..............Here i am, still gonna support my boys, Still gonna believe in them and know that they won't let us down!!! We will fight to the bitter end.......DON'T LOSE HOPE GUYS........Mercs are too gonna have a crap race before the end..............But we're gonna show them who's the boss in the next GP.........come on guys!!........Lets boost our team.....they need us now!!!!!................
    Us and a big update

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Some rumors of SAINZ going to Renault as soon as next race?!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yup....he is going to Renault...next race is possilbe.

correction on Sainz.

Renault deny Sainz rumours on Planet Formula 1.

Carlos Sainz available for right price as Red Bull confirm Daniel Ricciardo and Verstappen for 2018 - skysports

According to Mark Hughes, Ferrari's tyre woes were not down to luck...

Drivers were getting out buzzing with the sheer thrill of expressing their cars’ performance through the fast corners. Not only fast, but long-duration too. Around this clockwise circuit that meant there was a potential wear limit on the left-front.

The effect of that was to poise the race very delicately between a one- and two-stop. An early three-lap safety car (for the colliding Toro Rossos at Becketts) swayed it towards a one-stop, but that strategy carried with it the inherent risk of running into that front-left wear limitation.

If your position was established and wasn’t under any threat, and the cars in front too far away, you could afford to nurse the tyre. But if you were Ferrari – trying to a) hang onto Hamilton or b) fend off Valtteri Bottas on his transposed tyre strategy from his penalised grid place – then you couldn’t surrender, you just had to push up hard against that limitation, and then hope.

That gamble went bust for Räikkönen two laps from the end and for Sebastian Vettel a lap later. The Ferraris were just not quite as quick as the Mercedes W08 around here, especially that of Hamilton. Also, the respective traits of the two cars – how their lap times are derived – allowed the Merc to be easier on the fronts, and enabled the team to come into the race with an unambiguous one-stop plan. The Merc around these long turns had a balance that allowed Hamilton and Bottas to turn the car in late and have it simply follow its nose. The Ferraris, by contrast, tend to initially slide their fronts, then rely on a more suddenly rotating rear to turn the car. Around Silverstone, that wore out the fronts quicker than on the Merc.

With a car tougher on its fronts being pushed harder for longer than was feasible, Ferrari was pincered into an impossible dilemma by the combination of car and track traits, tyre durability and strategic necessity – and most of all by Hamilton’s raw pace and Bottas’ attacking pressure.

- Kyvats penalty and pts added to race license.

Attachment 7244

Current component allocation allotment as of 07-17-17

Attachment 7245

Vettel's car with blown left front tyre (notice the right front tyre, it probably would not have lasted another lap)

Attachment 7246

I'm still amazed at how little mcclaren fans are left and then looking at all those new Mercedes fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Do you know why those tyres were bursting?

Do you know why those tyres were bursting?
    I know Pirelli have always come up with excuses, the teams mounted the tyres incorrectly, it was the kerbs, some drivers were pushing too hard, and so it continues...

The fact is there have been too many failures since Pirelli returned to the sport.

I know Pirelli have always come up with excuses, the teams mounted the tyres incorrectly, it was the kerbs, some drivers were pushing too hard, and so it continues...
    According to Pirelli(2013 Silverstone):

Pirelli has revealed four factors behind the failures: mounting rear tyres the wrong way round, with tyres intended for the right rear of the car put on the left; adoption by the teams of too-low pressures; extreme camber settings; and aggressive kerbing at Silverstone.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ish-grand-prix

The fact is there have been too many failures since Pirelli returned to the sport.
    really? Is this personal biased testimony or factual?? Or are you linking 2013 British GP with what happened yesterday with both Ferrari's??? If the latter, thats 5yrs of

trouble-free issues with Pirelli tyres. And if you look at yestersdays race, 20 cars (20x2 40 fronts) had the same tyres yet 1 failed on track.

I wish we had tyre manufacture choice back. Dunlop vs Michelin is good in WEC. I feel F1 reached it's peak a long time ago now and I'd like to see it back how it was, not because Ferrari were dominant (96 was my first year watching) but because it was so much better and it improved every year, then they got upset with Ferrari being the best and they changed the rules. Funny that never happened after red bull or Mercedes.

really? Is this personal biased testimony or factual?? Or are you linking 2013 British GP with what happened yesterday with both Ferrari's??? If the latter, thats 5yrs of

trouble-free issues with Pirelli tyres. And if you look at yestersdays race, 20 cars (20x2 40 fronts) had the same tyres yet 1 failed on track.
    Which 5 years are you talking about? I remember just a few from memory. Vettel's tyre exploded at Austria last year. His tire also blew up in Spa 2015. Rosberg also had a failure in one of the FPs that race.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I wish we had tyre manufacture choice back. Dunlop vs Michelin is good in WEC. I feel F1 reached it's peak a long time ago now and I'd like to see it back how it was, not because Ferrari were dominant (96 was my first year watching) but because it was so much better and it improved every year, then they got upset with Ferrari being the best and they changed the rules. Funny that never happened after red bull or Mercedes.

There was a time when Ferrari did'nt win a WDC for 20yrs (1980-1999). If there is one thing in F1 that I would say, it is adaptation to the formula. He who adapts fastest,

wins. RedBulls reign only lasted 4 years (2010-2013). 2013 into 2014 the formula changed and guess what, they(RB) are not winning. So now its Mercedes turn. The

formula will change again in 2020 into 2021 and maybe it someone else or Ferrari will win again. Ferrari agree's to this as well as all the players. They

being who that got upset??? I can tell you THEY are the constructors and THEY hold meetings of what the next formula will be. They all agree to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Which 5 years are you talking about? I remember just a few from memory. Vettel's tyre exploded at Austria last year. His tire also blew up in Spa 2015. Rosberg also had a failure in one of the FPs that race.
    ahh....so based on those isolated cases one can generalize that "there have been too many failures since Pirelli returned to the sport". What about the

other teams during those races. Maybe the ones you mentioned ran over some carbon fibre debris or got clipped by the endplates of the front wing???

Dang just watched race, such bad luck

14days for next race looking like long weekend.

There was a time when Ferrari did'nt win a WDC for 20yrs (1980-1999). If there is one thing in F1 that I would say, it is adaptation to the formula. He who adapts fastest,

wins. RedBulls reign only lasted 4 years (2010-2013). 2013 into 2014 the formula changed and guess what, they(RB) are not winning. So now its Mercedes turn. The

formula will change again in 2020 into 2021 and maybe it someone else or Ferrari will win again. Ferrari agree's to this as well as all the players. They

being who that got upset??? I can tell you THEY are the constructors and THEY hold meetings of what the next formula will be. They all agree to it.
    THEY may have agreed to the rules changes, but many fans believe THEY made a grave error. The sport is merely a shadow of itself now. The FIA is using social engineering techniques to create a false image of parity and it is failing. The idea of making small teams relevant by hamstringing larger teams should have been dismissed immediately. The focus should have been placed on simplifying the technical specifications which would have lowered manufacturing costs and allowed smaller teams to at least be somewhat competitive. In today's formula the only way you see any team other than the Big 3 fighting for a win is by pure luck of attrition or weather induced factors. In my opinion that is not racing.

I believe Formula One should trend away from hybrid turbos, eliminate the two compound rule, bring back refueling, allow teams to use as many tires as they wish, and allow unlimited testing. This would allow teams to develop cars to their own design intents based on their preferred strategies. Some may wish to look for ultra quick, many pit stop designs or more efficient, longer running designs that may require no stops during the race. Obviously these are only a couple of possibilities, but the current regulations and the future plans being mentioned in the press are, in my opinion, going in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    One of the excuses Pirelli came up with for those two incidents in Belgium was 'a particularly demanding circuit'. Unbelievable really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    THEY may have agreed to the rules changes, but many fans believe THEY made a grave error. The sport is merely a shadow of itself now. The FIA is using social engineering techniques to create a false image of parity and it is failing. The idea of making small teams relevant by hamstringing larger teams should have been dismissed immediately. The focus should have been placed on simplifying the technical specifications which would have lowered manufacturing costs and allowed smaller teams to at least be somewhat competitive. In today's formula the only way you see any team other than the Big 3 fighting for a win is by pure luck of attrition or weather induced factors. In my opinion that is not racing.

I believe Formula One should trend away from hybrid turbos, eliminate the two compound rule, bring back refueling, allow teams to use as many tires as they wish, and allow unlimited testing. This would allow teams to develop cars to their own design intents based on their preferred strategies. Some may wish to look for ultra quick, many pit stop designs or more efficient, longer running designs that may require no stops during the race. Obviously these are only a couple of possibilities, but the current regulations and the future plans being mentioned in the press are, in my opinion, going in the wrong direction.
    Agree, THEY played into Mercedes Benz's formula. All wanted to go I-4 Hybrids but Ferrari was not having it(they have made I-4's in the past) so they all agreed to the current PU-Hybrid. It was all about lowering costs which is not the case.

The rumours are, for 2020 into 2021, keeping the KERS unit but doing away the MGU-H portion, still sticking to the V-6 ICE and twin turbo's...getting hp ratings up anywhere from 1,100 to 1,200 hp thereby lowering costs drastically than the current PU-Hybrid.

The current cars are mindblowing fast and breaking records currently at tracks once held by the mighty F2004 3.0ltr V-10 with less fuel BUT the current PU-Hybrid is enormously expensive and enormously complicated. If THEY pupose the V-6 2T KERS, then I am all for it as costs go down, noise levels go up, more simplified PU-Hybrid, hp goes way up and cars will be even more faster....the KERS will act as the torque fill once the twin-turbos kick in.

One of the excuses Pirelli came up with for those two incidents in Belgium was 'a particularly demanding circuit'. Unbelievable really.
    The other(Rosberg) was: Pirelli have found that a cut caused the blowout in Spa(2015).

Vettels incident:

Pirelli claims that had that suggestion been observed, a driver would have been restricted to just 22 laps on the medium compound tyre in Sunday’s race. Vettel had started the 28th lap of his aggressive stint when the failure took place.

And Ferrari pitted Kimi before Vettels lap.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 17th July 2017 at 19:20.