Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Two fourths and a fifth in a car that has won two out of three races is not good enough. Raikkonen is lucky to still be in a top car.

I really hope Kimi can improve his performances, would be great to get a 1-2 in a race sometime soon. Please don't consider Alonso though, the old whinger should go back to Renault or something.

You lot screaming for Räikkönen's replacement do realize that the next guy will have to deal with the same strategy and technical shortcomings as he does?

Instead of replacing him ASAP, next week, next month, whenever with just about anybody how about fixing for example the strategy?

this!

Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

I don't think Kimi have been shafted by the strategy, he lost 2 positions at the start of Bahrain while VET got 1, afterwards he had problems and required 10 laps to overtake MAS (using DRS). After that he was used as a pawn in the race between HAM and VET. He never was able to fight with BOT or HAM on pace, only in the final stint he runs free. It's obviously Kimi problems. I really think he doesn't have the balls to do difficult overtakes. I don't remember he ever making hard overtakes after he came back to Ferrari, only DRS assisted in a superior car.

Meanwhile PER started 18 and ended 7 with great overtakes in a car that isn't superior. We need that kind of warrior, not an old lady at the wheel.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

OK, fine by me. I thought that it just seemed odd that a driver needs to yell at his team that tyres are shot and he is driving three second slower laptimes lap after lap after lap because of that.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    OK, fine by me. I thought that it just seemed odd that a driver needs to yell at his team that tyres are shot and he is driving three second slower laptimes lap after lap after lap because of that.

My bad.
    I agree with you Ed with regards to this year only.....Yes he had tyre issues at the China GP and I believe(???) he had an ERS issue at Bahrain GP (no torque).....but your right with regards towards replacement....will have to wait till the end of the year SHOULD Ferrari/Kimi accept that option.

The truest thing is we should be happy to be fighting the championship, I love Ferrari and this is my dream come true, let's be happy and supportive of our team, it looks like they are making good decisions. Maybe giving more help to Kimi on the strategy would be good for him and the team. And if Kimi can get his starts better would be great too. (Both of them btw).

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Raikkonen taking "way too long" to find form in 2017

Kimi Raikkonen admits it is taking him “way too long” to get to grips with the new Ferrari SF70H and start challenging teammate Sebastian Vettel.

Raikkonen looked a match for Vettel late on in the 2016 Formula 1 season, but has struggled to replicate that form in the new year.

He has been outqualified and outraced by the German, in all three grands prix of 2017 so far and, while Vettel has won two races and leads the championship, Raikkonen has yet to stand on the podium.

After the third round in Bahrain, the Finn admitted his disappointment at having yet to make up his early-season gap to Vettel.

“To be honest, it takes way too long,” Raikkonen said. “You know, we're supposed to get it right straight away, and obviously we haven't.

“A lot of reasons but it didn't help last race [China], not driving the first day. At least when you're going through some issues, you want to get track time.”

Raikkonen, who struggled with understeer in Australia and in China, says the problems holding him back were “much less” prevalent in Bahrain.

“I'm pretty happy with the car now,” he said. “I feel that we are doing the absolutely right things.

"And in the race [on Sunday] I felt the car was very good, but I made a mess in the first lap, putting ourselves in a difficult position.”

Having now gone through another underwhelming grand prix weekend since his form was publicly questioned by Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne in Shanghai, Raikkonen insists he has made progress – even if the results haven't reflected it.

He added: “It's just the small things now, in the big picture we are pretty much where we want to be - it's just that we need to fine-tune a few things.

“I don't think it's the big things but obviously it has cost us. [It's] taking too long, but nobody to complain [to], it's my job.

“Overall, yes, we are much happier with the things, but I cannot be very happy with the result even this weekend. It's all big picture - when you look, it's been disappointing.”

source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...n-2017-895053/

Bahrain was a track that suited Kimi, and the outcome has been disappointing for him. Should get those little things sorted out with. The situation isn't that bad, and if strategy in China would have been similar to Seb, he might have been in front of Valtteri in the standings but that still wouldn't be enough. Thankfully he gets points, and if the return to form comes, he will not be too far off the leading group.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I don't think Kimi have been shafted by the strategy, he lost 2 positions at the start of Bahrain while VET got 1, afterwards he had problems and required 10 laps to overtake MAS (using DRS). After that he was used as a pawn in the race between HAM and VET. He never was able to fight with BOT or HAM on pace, only in the final stint he runs free. It's obviously Kimi problems. I really think he doesn't have the balls to do difficult overtakes. I don't remember he ever making hard overtakes after he came back to Ferrari, only DRS assisted in a superior car.

Meanwhile PER started 18 and ended 7 with great overtakes in a car that isn't superior. We need that kind of warrior, not an old lady at the wheel.

Kimi and the his engineer are both crap.

Kimi since he came to Ferrari I have noticed that he has this I don't care attitude, his input into the team and his driving is like how he answers question short and boring.

And his engineer; on the 3 races so far had brought Kimi in for a change of tyre two late for him to be on the podium. Both of them need replacing. We need a more younger and hungry driver. My suggestion are Versterppen, Sainz and Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Kimi and the his engineer are both crap.
    No, they are not.

Kimi since he came to Ferrari I have noticed that he has this I don't care attitude, his input into the team and his driving is like how he answers question short and boring.
    So longer and less boring answers would make him a quicker and better driver? Also, perhaps some extra hand waving?

And his engineer; on the 3 races so far had brought Kimi in for a change of tyre two late for him to be on the podium. Both of them need replacing. We need a more younger and hungry driver. My suggestion are Versterppen, Sainz and Perez.
    Are three drivers really necessary to replace one old Finn?

No, they are not.

So longer and less boring answers would make him a quicker and better driver? Also, perhaps some extra hand waving?

Are three drivers really necessary to replace one old Finn?
    Every one has right to an opinion; twice he was called in late and lost podium place. secondly Kimi has no passion and that is why the big Boss want him spoken to, thirdly mentioning those drivers meant any of the three so i don see your point, because there can't be 3 drivers in one car.

Every one has right to an opinion; twice he was called in late and lost podium place. secondly Kimi has no passion and that is why the big Boss want him spoken to, thirdly mentioning those drivers meant any of the three so i don see your point, because there can't be 3 drivers in one car.
    Even if you not see passion it does not mean it is not there - perhaps you should study a bit Finnish mentality so you would not draw these wrong conclusions. Big Boss wanted him spoken to because KR showed in his opinion too much emotions in team radio.

And who is this Versterppen?

Even if you not see passion it does not mean it is not there - perhaps you should study a bit Finnish mentality so you would not draw these wrong conclusions. Big Boss wanted him spoken to because KR showed in his opinion too much emotions in team radio.

And who is this Versterppen?
    Better to ignore and it was not you I quoted originally. and pointing out spelling mistakes for Verstappen shows how ignorant and petty you are

Better to ignore and it was not you I quoted originally. and pointing out spelling mistakes for Verstappen shows how ignorant and petty you are
    But you do not see me calling team members crap.

Kimi has to be replaced ! Finishing 4th behind 2 Mercs and a Ferrari is terrible. Any driver behind Kimi can do better! Some for more $, some for less. They just don't want the attention. Also, I can only wonder if Ferrari would at some point this season actually let Kimi beat Seb? I read where there's no more #1, #2 drivers @ Ferrari?

I am not sure that we want 2 number ones, TBH. And Alonso would be the 2nd.

Either:

1.pick a young up and coming driver as #2 (with potential to be #1 in the future) or

2. pick a solid, older #2 (but younger than Kimi)

Is Rubens available? Maybe Webber?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ricci, Perez, or Hulk...in that order as support #2's.

Max to push Vettel....1, 2 Ferrari every GP ......BOOOOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I am not sure that we want 2 number ones, TBH. And Alonso would be the 2nd.

Either:

1.pick a young up and coming driver as #2 (with potential to be #1 in the future) or

2. pick a solid, older #2 (but younger than Kimi)

Is Rubens available? Maybe Webber?
    I'm with Lou. I honestly think Perez is the best choice. He's sort of a combination of 1 and 2. I was originally thinking of Sainz too. The problem with Sainz is that he makes too many stupid mistakes, but he's young and will continue to improve. Vettel and Alonso would be explosive and exciting, but I cannot see it working. Verstappen is a number one driver and would destroy any harmony we currently have in the team with his brashness, more so than Alonso.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ricc seems to have both passion and talent. Not so sure if he'd be an effective team player though. But we definitely need a wingman that can defend Seb's performance. Kimi ain't cutting the mustard anymore.

Don't think we should consider Red Bull boys. Max will be number 1 driver anywhere he'll drive. I'm sure he will drive for Ferrari but only when we're done with Seb. Ricciardo has already beaten Seb, so again don't think he should come here & start trolling our main driver. I'd really like to see Hulkenberg replacing Raikkonen ASAP, a solid experienced, no-nonsense driver who can bring us regular points

Perez!!!

Importants points to be noted
    1) in last 13+ races, Perez consistently scored points & did more overtaking than any other drivers.
    2) RB is not releasing sainz as stated by Mr Horner recently he's under RB contract. So this shows sainz might get promoted to RB. Which should leave ric or max out of RB seat. I don't see max leaving RB. He may be future star for them.
    3) mostly it would be ric out of RB, Italian press rumours suggest his next move is to Ferrari. He already signed a deal.
    4) but does ric play second fiddle to seb??? I don't see that happening.
    5) if Ferrari wins the WCC or WDC... I see Perez or ric locking in Ferrari seat for next year.

I still think Alonso... but if you want a no.2 driver, then the Hulk might be a good replacement.
    Perez too is a good option. Or bottas, since he is a 'Gentleman' at bending over on team orders in the 3rd race of the season.

Ric or max will have the same problem as Alonso. They will beat Seb and he wont like it.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Don't think we should consider Red Bull boys. Max will be number 1 driver anywhere he'll drive. I'm sure he will drive for Ferrari but only when we're done with Seb. Ricciardo has already beaten Seb, so again don't think he should come here & start trolling our main driver. I'd really like to see Hulkenberg replacing Raikkonen ASAP, a solid experienced, no-nonsense driver who can bring us regular points
    Actually that is what Kimi is doing now, bringing us regular points. So you want to replace our old driver with one that is getting old for the objective that Kimi is now achieving? And you want it ASAP. Whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I still think Alonso... but if you want a no.2 driver, then the Hulk might be a good replacement.
    Perez too is a good option. Or bottas, since he is a 'Gentleman' at bending over on team orders in the 3rd race of the season.

Ric or max will have the same problem as Alonso. They will beat Seb and he wont like it.
    I dont know if Ricciardo, Max and Alonso can beat Seb on current form, I dont think so, especially the RBR drivers

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Actually that is what Kimi is doing now, bringing us regular points. So you want to replace our old driver with one that is getting old for the objective that Kimi is now achieving? And you want it ASAP. Whats the point?
    Ferrari & Mercedes are on even level. Kimi has so far achieved two fourth places & one fifth behind a much inferior RB. He has never even troubled 2 Mercedes or unsettle Vettel. I don't see him winning races should Vettel retire from races due to accidents or technical issues. He himself says he's taking way too long to adapt to this great car. Yes still I maintain ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I dont know if Ricciardo, Max and Alonso can beat Seb on current form, I dont think so, especially the RBR drivers
    What form? Seb was in super form in RB era yet got beaten by Ricciardo. Form is all about having a great car beneath you, we have that this year, doesn't mean he has better form than 2015 or 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    What form? Seb was in super form in RB era yet got beaten by Ricciardo. Form is all about having a great car beneath you, we have that this year, doesn't mean he has better form than 2015 or 2016
    Exactly this! If you are screwing up in a good car then you can talk about bad form. Seb has been consistent. Bad car bad results, good car good results.
    Silently, like a shadow