Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yup, the engine cover is indeed tighter. Probably because of the cooler temps.

https://i.imgur.com/A4UofA4.jpg
    Interesting to keep an eye on. Possibly large Bahrain outlets were out of caution as 1st running of car plus its not only hot in Bahrain but dusty which makes it extra hard on cooling. At hotter races later in the year they may well stick with this smaller outlet. Merc and Honda teams seem to have same size outlets at both races.

New Nose cape:

Front brake disc details:

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    New Nose cape:
    https://i.imgur.com/W7W41fe.jpg

Front brake disc details:
    https://i.imgur.com/mOefXo4.jpg
    Leclerc ran with a "Mercedes nose cape" at Imola. I saw pics of the underside of his car after the crash....from the nose to the floor.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

That brake cover looks interesting.

Pic?

2 posts above mine

Ferrari will not use the new floor in Barcelona this weekend (neither in quali and in the race). The new floor (tested in free practice in Portimão) was an experimental piece and served as a basis for evaluating future developments.

"In the following races, we will see some more updates, then like all the other teams, Ferrari will concentrate their resources only for 2022. If we see the floor in the future again, it will be part of a larger package and changes."

WTH?

Yeah we will be 4th this year. We probably will be better then McLaren in some races but in general they are half a step ahead of us !!!
    Me personally don't bother much about this.
    The million dollar question is what will happen next year???
    For me this is decisive year. If we won't manage to produce a winning car (at least like this years RB and I really mean at least) then it's almost game over for my hopes for this team. I mean I'll still gonna support our team but like from a distance and don't gonna bother about competitiveness, updates etc. I'll probably not gonna watch all races. We'll thats me!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

hmmm, maybe the strategy is let McLaren beat you, to get even more windtunnel and dev tokens under the new formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    hmmm, maybe the strategy is let McLaren beat you, to get even more windtunnel and dev tokens under the new formula?
    That is already happening from last year's 6th place, + Simone Resta going to Haas who with Williams have the most time in wind tunnel.
    We have the best opportunity next year and NO excuses this time. If we don't deliver it will be only down to us not being top team on the same level as RB and Merc !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Its all about 2022 and who is the new king of the new era. This current format is exhausted hats of to merc but we are all done.Tired of eating porknuccle 7 days a week.New menu please.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yeah we will be 4th this year. We probably will be better then McLaren in some races but in general they are half a step ahead of us !!!
    Me personally don't bother much about this.
    The million dollar question is what will happen next year???
    For me this is decisive year. If we won't manage to produce a winning car (at least like this years RB and I really mean at least) then it's almost game over for my hopes for this team. I mean I'll still gonna support our team but like from a distance and don't gonna bother about competitiveness, updates etc. I'll probably not gonna watch all races. We'll thats me!!!!
    This year I am on the similar lines as you. Waiting for next year, if we still are playing a catch up role.
    It will Be difficult to watch all races, but still I’m gonna support the team but not Mr. Binotto. He’s the culprit of this entire game.

Asymmetric brake drums:

HDF RW and T-Wing:

Diffuser:

Floor details:

Overview:

Ferrari are doing the right thing shifting 90 to95% of there resources in the direction of the 2020 with the car well advanced.Why flog a dead horse with what's left of this hybrid fiasco and that is exactly what it is.Weather Ferrari finish 3rd or 4th does it really matter sure a couple more dollars,Ferrari as an organisation have only one number and that is never uno and that will happen.Let mercedes win there 8th, because Ferrari will win the next 10.The lower you finish the more testing and wind tunnel correlation you receive.This will definitely play into Ferrari hands.I believe Ferrari have a future vision not like mercedes and red bull who are currently torn with making a decision do they go left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari are doing the right thing shifting 90 to95% of there resources in the direction of the 2020 with the car well advanced.Why flog a dead horse with what's left of this hybrid fiasco and that is exactly what it is.Weather Ferrari finish 3rd or 4th does it really matter sure a couple more dollars,Ferrari as an organisation have only one number and that is never uno and that will happen.Let mercedes win there 8th, because Ferrari will win the next 10.The lower you finish the more testing and wind tunnel correlation you receive.This will definitely play into Ferrari hands.I believe Ferrari have a future vision not like mercedes and red bull who are currently torn with making a decision do they go left or right.
    If Ferrari were to go on a similar run to Mercedes, they'd change the rules "for the good of the sport" very quickly. F1 would not wait 8 years.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If Ferrari were to go on a similar run to Mercedes, they'd change the rules "for the good of the sport" very quickly. F1 would not wait 8 years.
    +1, that's what they did after Michael's run of success but in those days there was honest competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That's Bernie and Max for you. I swear, this sport would've been 10x better if he didn't sell the sport to liberty.

The comments for the rules/Merc dominance etc belong to another thread.
    As for the car, I still believe it's important to understand it better, tune it and forget about updates.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    The comments for the rules/Merc dominance etc belong to another thread.
    As for the car, I still believe it's important to understand it better, tune it and forget about updates.
    Every team for every race has the car tuned to the last percent. They spend thousands of hours on simulations. The simulator team will be running hours on end dialing in a setup for different conditions so that the drivers have a good baseline as soon as they hit the track.

If Ferrari wants to go faster, they must update the car... a lot.

Very well said. All you mentioned must be strongly done for the current year , the current races, not only for next and the next year, using that as an excuse. I remember Binotto having Ferrari down for 2023 the soonest that there will be hope. I hope Charles has that good baseline come Monaco ! A podium would be great ! Quali is a big deal @ Monaco!
    Last edited by Brembo; 17th May 2021 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Every team for every race has the car tuned to the last percent. They spend thousands of hours on simulations. The simulator team will be running hours on end dialing in a setup for different conditions so that the drivers have a good baseline as soon as they hit the track.

If Ferrari wants to go faster, they must update the car... a lot.

But they still get it wrong sometimes so even with all their sims nothing is a given. But all Ferrari really need is more power. Extract some HP from the PU and we'll get some wins.

Remember how everyone was trashing Ferrari for having an outdated suspension and how Merc and RB were so innovative and we should have followed their lead?
    Apparently Ferrari's suspension is one of it's real strengths according to Surer.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/85215...ive-again.html

I hope some teams loge a protest on the Mercedes front wing. Ferrari and Red Bull might lose straight line speed on the rear wing saga but i have feeling that Mercedes front wing flexing is the reason they came back with some performance after the pre season lack of speed. Hopefully banning that front wing will put them back a couple of tenth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7qIvXMpQs banning this hopefully give the championship to Verstappen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    But they still get it wrong sometimes so even with all their sims nothing is a given. But all Ferrari really need is more power. Extract some HP from the PU and we'll get some wins.

Remember how everyone was trashing Ferrari for having an outdated suspension and how Merc and RB were so innovative and we should have followed their lead?
    Apparently Ferrari's suspension is one of it's real strengths according to Surer.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/85215...ive-again.html
    Just at the beginning of that article it is written:

"Suddenly they were there again, the cars of Ferrari at the front of the grid in Monaco. It had been a while since the Italian team was on pole position (Mexico 2019), but according to Marc Surer, that's probably the last time this year too."

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Looks like same than Red Bull...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

"Suddenly they were there again, the cars of Ferrari at the front of the grid in Monaco. It had been a while since the Italian team was on pole position (Mexico 2019), but according to Marc Surer, that's probably the last time this year too."
    Well it's not like a good.suspension can gain you 20kmh on the straights. It'll be good for places where power isnt so important.and gain you some decent time.in the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

It looks like Marc Surer is really hoping for Sir Lewis' 100 + win and 8th WDC . Max is bad enough; he doesn't also want a Ferrari driver rocking the boat. He needs to just read up on Binotto's predictions for this year and he will calm down. Charles and Carlos on the podiums !!!!!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 29th May 2021 at 02:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It looks like Marc Surer is really hoping for Sir Lewis' 100 + win and 8th WDC . Max is bad enough; he doesn't also want a Ferrari driver rocking the boat. He needs to just read up on Binotto's predictions for this year and he will calm down. Charles and Carlos on the podiums !!!!!!
    Such a crazy thing is that place Binotto resides. Reality. Ler me know if you want to visit. I'll have a couple of Guiness waiting and some nice fat cigars.