Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A little support for Felipe Massa

A little support for Felipe Massa

All, I hope that you forgive me for using the forum for this purpose, but I am truly outraged at some of the things I am hearing and reading about Massa all over the media and the internet, and I thought that a little letter of support for him from his fans wouldn't go amiss. Hey, even from somebody like me, who is in fact a Régie and Alonso fan, but first and foremost an F1 fan. So this is my letter to him:

Dear mr Massa,

My apologies for writing you though this forum, but I don't know how to do so directly - plus I am sure that you receive so many letters that it is unlikely that you have time to go through all of them.

I can only imagine how sad it must be for you to receive so much harsh public criticism, and that from people who don't really know what is going on and what are the reasons for your less-than-ideal results in the recent past. As if it were not obvious that you are the one who is most disappointed and most willing to change that trend, and that you are doing everything in your hand to do so.

The worst part must be hearing some put you down as a driver, forgetting when doing so that you are the same one who showed the world that Schumacher was not unbeatable in the same car, or that somebody could indeed be faster than Raikkonen using the same equipment. How anyone can state that a driver able to do so is not top class is beyond my understanding.

I obviously cannot know if it is true that you never managed to fully recover from your terrible crash in 2008, either physically or pshychologically, as some claim. But I am convinced that nobody could have done more than you did to go back to full form, and that very few people had the physical and psychological strenght that you had to take you through that recovery - or the love for F1 that put you back at the wheel of a car just a few months after that crash.

I just wanted to let you know that for some of us you will always be the brave driver who pushed way beyond any comfort zone to show the world that you belonged at the top of this sport. And that you are not the only one who feels the unfairness of the comments you receive now.

Best regards,

Meiga

I personally subscribe to the emotional side of your post, but sadly Formula One is an unforgiving sport, where your past is no insurance against your present performance.

Felipe has done a reasonable job for Ferrari, and we all appreciate that, but we can't use his past accolades, or his crash, as an anecdote. After all, this is the place for Ferrari supporters, not a fan club for any of its drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    I personally subscribe to the emotional side of your post, but sadly Formula One is an unforgiving sport, where your past is no insurance against your present performance.

Felipe has done a reasonable job for Ferrari, and we all appreciate that, but we can't use his past accolades, or his crash, as an anecdote. After all, this is the place for Ferrari supporters, not a fan club for any of its drivers.
    Don't get me wrong, I think that we all understand that circumstances change and that teams sometimes have to take hard decisions. But one thing is to do so, and a very different one to trash the reputation of a driver like some people are doing. And to make it clear, I am not referring to people in this forum, because I assume that everybody here respects what Massa has done in the past. But some of the comments elsewhere are of very poor style.

For the record, I have never been a Massa fan in the sense of rooting for him versus other drivers - in fact, my trio was Alonso, Raikkonen and Kubica. But one thing is that, and a very different one that I am blind enough to believe those who claim that Massa has always been average at best and that his results now show just that.

If everyone could keep this thread in the spirit that Meiga intended, that'd be great, thanks
    Forza Jules

Top post Meiga, really well written.

The future is RED

Here Here.. hope you find what you are missing. As a Ferrari driver I support you 1-hundred %.
    we're number one

Go Felipe, drive the wheels off that thing...and while youre at it, drive the nose off it too..

He is getting a new chassis for the next race. I wonder if it has any updates on it.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Go Felipe, drive the wheels off that thing...and while youre at it, drive the nose off it too..

The future is RED

Forza Ferrari

Aww, thanks for digging out that picture Greig!

The future is RED

Greig, he had dinner with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathay Pacific View Post
    Greig, he had dinner with you?
    Yes we had dinner, and paid me to make sure nobody bashes him on here, that is why all the mods have "Sunshine" avatars and messages of support as signatures for him
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes we had dinner, and paid me to make sure nobody bashes him on here, that is why all the mods have "Sunshine" avatars and messages of support as signatures for him

The future is RED

As stated, its an unforgiving sport. Massa has done a great job in his time with Ferrari, should have been champ in 2008. He shall earn his support again once he is within a few tenths of Alonso, and not 1.5 seconds slower. He can do it, he just needs a few pieces to come together.

so that says why people get banned in a flash after having one tiny drop of non-positiveness.

Forgive my cynicism, but whilst we are at it, why doesn't someone write a really nice one to Fernando?

The poor bloke is giving it all to push the car beyond all its limits.

And, having read Autosprint's latest editorial, an
    interpretation of his glass half-full image is that he too feels that he is doing it all by himself.

Only fair if we are to get emotional....

You are free to create one for Fernando
    Forza Ferrari

thank you Felipe for 2008 WCC

You are free to create one for Fernando
    Cheers, but I wouldn't be good at it anyway. Plus, mine was half a joke, I'm sure both our drivers are tough enough to know how to deal with the current situation.

About time someone stood up for Felipe, he's had a rough ride since 2008 when he should have been champion, but with the best will in the world, as long as Fernando drives for Ferrari, Felipe's undoubted ability as a driver will be compromised unless somehow he gets the upper hand and is ahead on points. Maybe his new chassis in Malaysia will help but we're with him all the way, whatever. Forza Felipe (and Fernando of course)!!

Cheers, but I wouldn't be good at it anyway. Plus, mine was half a joke, I'm sure both our drivers are tough enough to know how to deal with the current situation.
    Aw go on, make one!

Nice messages in this thread
    Forza Jules

All true but a Massa that is driving the way we expect him to and scoring points is in the end what is best for Ferrari.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Aw go on, make one!

Nice messages in this thread
    If you do I will write another "emotional" piece in there, if it helps

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    All true but a Massa that is driving the way we expect him to and scoring points is in the end what is best for Ferrari.
    That is so true.

All the comments, sometimes angry, we are reading in recent posts, are all coming out of the huge desire all of us have to be on that top spot of the podium again.

Felipe, u can still turn around this season and help Scuderia do well...I wish u the best for it.
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It might go faster without the ugly nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post

I obviously cannot know if it is true that you never managed to fully recover from your terrible crash in 2008, either physically or pshychologically, as some claim. But I am convinced that nobody could have done more than you did to go back to full form, and that very few people had the physical and psychological strenght that you had to take you through that recovery - or the love for F1 that put you back at the wheel of a car just a few months after that crash.

I just wanted to let you know that for some of us you will always be the brave driver who pushed way beyond any comfort zone to show the world that you belonged at the top of this sport. And that you are not the only one who feels the unfairness of the comments you receive now.

Well said, he has without a doubt in my mind earned his place in our sport. I fully support you Massa and wish you the best for 2012

Forgive my cynicism, but whilst we are at it, why doesn't someone write a really nice one to Fernando?

The poor bloke is giving it all to push the car beyond all its limits.

And, having read Autosprint's latest editorial, an
    interpretation of his glass half-full image is that he too feels that he is doing it all by himself.

Only fair if we are to get emotional....
    I 100% agree with you. Someone (in this case you could write one) can start one for Fernando as well.

Staying on topic. Come on Felipe. Show us what you got cause we all know you got it...

I have a lot of support for Massa. I really liked him when he joined Ferrari as a humble bloke. Perhaps Massa decided he could learn from Schumi as opposed to many other drivers who refuses to drive a Ferrari when Schumi was around. And I think Massa was at his prime in 2008 so that Ferrari seat was well earned.

However I do not have any emotional investment in Ferrari's decision on Massa's future in the team. I would be happy if Massa carries on in Ferrari, but should the team decides otherwise, I'll fully accept it too. There's this saying that goes along the line of it is important to know when to leave the party.

Now before anyone flames me I'm an even bigger fan of Schumi. But if you ask me would I like to see Schumi driving for Ferrari now, my answer would be NO I don't. And the reason is simple. Schumi have probably past his prime and he's probably just enjoying racing, and its good for him. But Ferrari isn't anyone's personal club house. Ferrari is about winning and being the best so there's no room for Schumi in the team now.

Both Schumi and Massa are not super humans. There come a time when they would past their prime and they'll have to start thinking of bowing out when the time is right. Don't pull a Rubens.