Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix- Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Leclerc will win his titles with Ferrari, much to your disappointment.
    Much to my amazement and miraculous appeasement.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I wouldn't say that about Brundle. He's always been fair to me. So has Paul Di Resta. Damon Hill on the other hand is so biased it makes me puke.
    Brundle is the president of the Hamilton fan club, Croft and Kravitz share the Vice President role. I agree with you about Paul Di Resta and Hill though. I used to appreciate Brundle more, but he’s been getting worse over the years…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Penalise both max and Lewis the pair are as guilty as each other both drivers play hard and both play dirty its all on the line now.As I said in a previous post I expected carnage and it delivered right on que.I can't wait for the last race,fire works I expect red bull victory track will suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Brundle is the president of the Hamilton fan club, Croft and Kravitz share the Vice President role. I agree with you about Paul Di Resta and Hill though. I used to appreciate Brundle more, but he’s been getting worse over the years…
    I'm not sure where you see Brundle is biased towards Hamilton, especially more than the rest of the Skysport team.

He said Hamilton was at fault in Silverstone, and even Monza.

He was right that Lewis was well ahead into T1 on the restart and thus had right to the driving line (even though Lewis didn't even try to take the driving line)

I hear him giving more props to Alonso than I do to Hamilton.

Back in 2016 after Rosberg won the WDC, all of his colleagues were making excusing and saying Hamilton deserved the championship, and Brundle defended Rosberg saying that over the 21 races or whatever, Rosberg scored more points and he deservingly was the world champion.

Kravitz is really biased, Croft is definitely bad and for the most part the Skysport team promote Lewis as the greatest ever, and generally rave about all the British drivers (Lewis, Norris and Russell). This is expected and reasonable as any network is going to be biased for their target audience. Italian coverage is arguably more biased towards Ferrari.

In my opinion, I feel that Brundle calls it as he sees it, which is very much in the moment.

I think Di Resta, Davidson, and Chandhok are all pretty fair since they get to analysis the incidents. Di Resta as of late is the only guy with common sense when mixed with Damon and Simon. Unfortunately he gets no support from those two. He also constantly states how Leclerc is one of the best guys out there, potentially top 2 on the grid.

Jenson Button also is pretty fair. He has no problem saying Lewis is one of the greatest ever, which is easy to say when he got beat by Lewis as teammates. He does have first hand knowledge that a lot of others do not, but I think that sometimes helps him be objective against Lewis.

Nico Rosberg is the leader of brutal truth and has no issues bringing up the difficult controversies or asking the tough questions, even to his former boss (Toto Wolff).

Hill, as I mentioned, is awful. He is out to crucify Max any chance he gets and gives a free pass to any wrong doing that Lewis does. He still holds a degree of hate to Schumacher it seems. Any compliments to drivers that are not British seem forced, and he wrongly jumps to conclusions all the time. He surely has no self honestly to know that he is one of the worst F1 champions of all time.

Simon I think just does his job as the network expects of him.

Max got 10 second penalty for brake checking Lewis....
    Forza Ferrari

Max got 10 second penalty for brake checking Lewis....
    It does'nt change the outcome of the race.

agreed.

sainz matched verstappen in the same car. leclerc outperforms sainz. how good does that make leclerc?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It does'nt change the outcome of the race.
    Yeah. But he found guilty… May be that’s the point

So if we sum up :
    - Hamilton doesn't slow down for double yellow flags in practice
    - Hamilton slows down in the race without yellows when Max wants to give him the position (despite 28years of racing experience as he told the journalists)
    - Max gets penalized, and is therefore guilty

I don't know what Merc and Ham said or did in the stewarts office, but it must have been very good...They could at least try to make it less obvious....

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah. But he found guilty… May be that’s the point
    I read the statement from the stewards......it's another ridiculous and lengthy joke.

Quote Originally Posted by MicMac View Post
    So if we sum up :
    - Hamilton doesn't slow down for double yellow flags in practice
    - Hamilton slows down in the race without yellows when Max wants to give him the position (despite 28years of racing experience as he told the journalists)
    - Max gets penalized, and is therefore guilty

I don't know what Merc and Ham said or did in the stewarts office, but it must have been very good...They could at least try to make it less obvious....
    [bold] It was an "accident" and the double yellows were only on for a brief second.

Everything else I agree with. It's funny his Lewisness idolizes Senna yet Senna had the same on track performance as Max.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I've been expressing a similar concern about Leclerc for a while. He's very talented but his growth trajectory (maturity) is a bit of a concern in my view.
    Not a fair comment in my view, he has done wonders these past 2 yrs with a diva of an underpowered Ferrari and any frustrations he has have probably contributed to what you feel is his lack of growth trajectory. Give him the car and he will perform. Not mentioning the HAM/VER issues as it will be done to death elsewhere, our race pace was good when they were racing but this circuit is rubbish and dangerous, exhaustion for the viewers and fans so God knows how the drivers felt by the finish. The SC/Red Flag spoilt any chance of a podium for Charles due to his early pitstop, but both drivers somehow brought the cars home in the points and kept the distance between us and Mclaren, so that was a decent ending for a very strange and draining 'race'.
    Last edited by wisepie; 6th December 2021 at 17:30.

[bold] It was an "accident" and the double yellows were only on for a brief second.

Everything else I agree with. It's funny his Lewisness idolizes Senna yet Senna had the same on track performance as Max.
    What really angered me was Toto attacking his headset!

WHAT THE HELL! What did that poor headset ever do to him!

Also, I really have had it with this Max vs. Lewis fight.
    I'm so freaking exhausted. I'm really looking forward to next season.

I do hope so. To see LEC win the Championship in a Ferrari - after all the years of disappointment - would be fantastic. Second choice - SAI.

Only Norwich staying up would mean as much! [runs and hides]
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I've been expressing a similar concern about Leclerc for a while. He's very talented but his growth trajectory (maturity) is a bit of a concern in my view.
    Your concerns are misplaced. Charles has been awesome ever since he has joined Ferrari. He would've won his 2nd race with Ferrari in a dominant fashion if not for his rotten luck.

Fact, Charles only made one major mistake this year. He crashed in Monaco while pushing to the absolute limit. But he isn't the only with such mistake and he will not be the only one either.

Second he made contract with Gasly in Austria. And that's about it.

Fact, he scored 78 points after the summer break. And only the Merc and Red Bull drivers scored more points than him, thanks to their rocketship.

He's now ahead of Norris. But his current standing doesn't do him justice. He would've been easily the best of the rest had luck favored him more generously.

Now look at Max. Driving in F1 since 2015 but still acting like a rookie. If Max really is the 2nd coming of Senna or whatever, he would've wrapped up the WDC by now. But that's not the case now is it? Fact is, he should've been on pole. But he crashed out and when luck favored him last night, he botched it up again with his erratic driving and earned himself two penalties. He's quite fortunate that even earning 15 seconds penalty didn't cost him anything yesterday.

When Charles gets a dominant car he will smoke everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Not a fair comment in my view, he has done wonders these past 2 yrs with a diva of an underpowered Ferrari and any frustrations he has have probably contributed to what you feel is his lack of growth trajectory. Give him the car and he will perform. Not mentioning the HAM/VER issues as it will be done to death elsewhere, our race pace was good when they were racing but this circuit is rubbish and dangerous, exhaustion for the viewers and fans so God knows how the drivers felt by the finish. The SC/Red Flag spoilt any chance of a podium for Charles due to his early pitstop, bit both drivers somehow brought the cars home in the points and kept the distance between us and Mclaren, so that was a decent ending for a very strange and draining 'race'.
    Yeah it gets a bit frustrating reading those comments. I mean what else Charles could've done? He pitted under SF like normal but then lost P4 due to the red flag. And before the SF he was only 3.5 seconds behind Max while being comfortably faster than Perez. Leclerc's naysayers can't expect him to predict the future, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    What really angered me was Toto attacking his headset!

WHAT THE HELL! What did that poor headset ever do to him!
    He probably meant, "Damn, another $50 million to be given to maFia."

Honestly, I've seen this pairing as a problem for a while (in terms of Driver dynamics).
    All successful teams need a clear lead and supporting driver, as we have seen with Mercedes and RBR.
    I really don't see Sainz or Leclerc in a supporting role.
    If it came to how Bottas or Perez are used currently, I see either one of the drivers moving off to another team.
    It'll probably end up being similar to the Hamilton and Rosberg pairing.

In all honesty, the SF has the second strongest driver pairing in the field, and to lose any one of the two would be a shame.
    Let's hope Binnoto doesn't make any rash decisions.

But, Binnoto and the SF have impressed me.
    Both Leclerc and Sainz have driven beautifully this season.
    There are signs that Ferrari is going to be a threat next season.
    Well, we just have to wait and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Honestly, I've seen this pairing as a problem for a while (in terms of Driver dynamics).
    All successful teams need a clear lead and supporting driver, as we have seen with Mercedes and RBR.
    I really don't see Sainz or Leclerc in a supporting role.
    If it came to how Bottas or Perez are used currently, I see either one of the drivers moving off to another team.
    It'll probably end up being similar to the Hamilton and Rosberg pairing.

In all honesty, the SF has the second strongest driver pairing in the field, and to lose any one of the two would be a shame.
    Let's hope Binnoto doesn't make any rash decisions.

But, Binnoto and the SF have impressed me.
    Both Leclerc and Sainz have driven beautifully this season.
    There are signs that Ferrari is going to be a threat next season.
    Well, we just have to wait and watch.
    It is refreshing to see two top level drivers at Ferrari who are both able to be close in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    It is refreshing to see two top level drivers at Ferrari who are both able to be close in performance.
    Absolutely! After a really long time, we have 2 strong pilots (with different approaches) that can take it to any competition on any given day.
    With that being said, as of NOW (and, the past few years), all the pressure hangs on Binnoto and SF to ensure that this driver pairing is as effective as it possibly can.
    Both, in terms of team dynamics and machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah it gets a bit frustrating reading those comments. I mean what else Charles could've done? He pitted under SF like normal but then lost P4 due to the red flag. And before the SF he was only 3.5 seconds behind Max while being comfortably faster than Perez. Leclerc's naysayers can't expect him to predict the future, surely.
    People concerned bout Charles' performance (?) or maybe that he has accidents (?) more often that not (?) , tend to forget just how much he pushes the car in order to find the limits. I would say he tends to overdrive it.
    As many said, give him the car that he should have and there 'll be a completely different picture to see. Also, I cannot disagree more, regarding his growth, which is simply amazing. Not sure what someone should expect from Charles exactly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Leclerc's stock runs alot higher than Russell's or Perez IF Ferrari produces another crappy car in 2022.
    I seriously doubt that Charles would like to go to either teams and be demoted to a second fiddle.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I seriously doubt that Charles would like to go to either teams and be demoted to a second fiddle.
    Quite the contrary. Leclerc won't be 2nd fiddle IF he choses to leave Ferrari in his prime and IF he still is willing to fight.

I can't remember the last time I saw a WDC going right down to the final race with both drivers on equal points
    Love them or hate them, Max and Lewis are currently the top drivers and have given us one of the most exciting season in recent decade or longer.

As for Ferrari, all I want to see is that we get the new aero regulation right. We need a car that is capable of fighting at the front, then we can worry about which of our drivers are the better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw a WDC going right down to the final race with both drivers on equal points
    Love them or hate them, Max and Lewis are currently the top drivers and have given us one of the most exciting season in recent decade or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    People concerned bout Charles' performance (?) or maybe that he has accidents (?) more often that not (?) , tend to forget just how much he pushes the car in order to find the limits. I would say he tends to overdrive it.
    As many said, give him the car that he should have and there 'll be a completely different picture to see. Also, I cannot disagree more, regarding his growth, which is simply amazing. Not sure what someone should expect from Charles exactly.
    They expect him to defy the laws of physics, I guess. The SF21 is last year's chassis but modified. It has less drag and it's a bit more predictable, but still has the same gremlins of last year's car and the year before. But Charles never struggled for speed on those cars. No one would say that his teammates looked faster than him. But he does get more bad lucks and last race was another such example.

Ferrari have a generational talent. His raw speed is pretty much unmatched. And with his speed, he will be utterly dominant in a championship worthy car.

But Ferrari know it already. That's why they have invested so heavily in Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

As for Ferrari, all I want to see is that we get the new aero regulation right. We need a car that is capable of fighting at the front, then we can worry about which of our drivers are the better one.
    Except LH has so much superior machine than MV.... All these turbo years...

So finally saw the videos about those Ham-Max crash and clearly Ham is such a poor driver. Max had left him enough room to overtake from the left side and yet Ham somehow wanted to be behind Max.
    Even if anyone wants to counter that he was behind Max to take the advantage of DRS and slip-stream, clearly the following car with higher speed gets out of the way to ensure he doesn't ram into the followed car. Seems like Ham didn't knew how physics work.
    If Ham felt that there was not enough room for his fat car on a narrow circuit, maybe he should have complained to Toto about asking Max to go outside the circuit. And those penalties were a total sham!! FiA's getting dumber with every season.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    So finally saw the videos about those Ham-Max crash and clearly Ham is such a poor driver. Max had left him enough room to overtake from the left side and yet Ham somehow wanted to be behind Max.
    Even if anyone wants to counter that he was behind Max to take the advantage of DRS and slip-stream, clearly the following car with higher speed gets out of the way to ensure he doesn't ram into the followed car. Seems like Ham didn't knew how physics work.
    If Ham felt that there was not enough room for his fat car on a narrow circuit, maybe he should have complained to Toto about asking Max to go outside the circuit. And those penalties were a total sham!! FiA's getting dumber with every season.
    Stewards looked at all the telemetry and judged the collision to have been caused by Verstappen and he was found guilty and penalised. Those are the facts