Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    All this speculation is seriously worrying. You don't get this amount of it if all is running smoothly. Plus I thought any kind of bump in the road would of happened sooner when Binotto announced his departure and Vasseur was appointed.

If the car really was setup incorrectly in Bahrain (despite over a full days worth of testing) then why are all the senior engineers leaving...
    Exactly. It's quite straightforward to me. Sanchez' departure can only mean the SF23 is a disaster.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Exactly. It's quite straightforward to me. Sanchez' departure can only mean the SF23 is a disaster.
    You can't make this conclusion, as it seems his departure was more or less decided with the release of Binotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I remember clearly Charles #2 driver to Seb but he ignored that and went on to be #! for sure. A few Carlos wins and podiums are as good as Charles wins and podiums for our team. So far after 1 race Carlos is #1 points wise!
    After a disastrous race from Carlos, where he was slapped by Charles, just like Checo was by Max. You live in a dreamworld and can't cope with the truth. You really compare this to the situation with Vettel/Charles. Nothing surprises me anymore.

If they had decent upgrades in the pipeline already, there would be no need to fire the aero guy.
    They have.

Vasseur doing work

https://t.co/sX7OiTJcNp

Maybe we can get Aldo Costa back, not sure what he is doing. He is a suspension genius, very much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Vasseur doing work

https://t.co/sX7OiTJcNp

Maybe we can get Aldo Costa back, not sure what he is doing. He is a suspension genius, very much needed.
    Mekies is close to leaving Ferrari.

Enrico Cardile(Head of Chassis) future looks uncertain.

The ship "looks" to be slowly sinking at the moment. .....and it's only the beginning of the year. Long and tumultuous season.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

The ship "looks" to be slowly sinking at the moment. .....and it's only the beginning of the year. Long and tumultuous season.
    Getting rid of the deadwood, sooner we start the better. We are not breaking up a team of winners here.
    Forza Ferrari

To me, it's the needed accountability. The tools are all state of the art. If we need greater talent, we need to do everything possible to recruit them.

....... If we need greater talent, we need to do everything possible to recruit them.
    Ferrari has tried and tried again........no one OF GREAT or AWESOME TALENT wants to move to Marenello and work for Ferrari F1......this is the vicious cycle Ferrari F1 keeps bumping into time and time again. Rinse and repeat.

Ferrari has tried and tried again........no one OF GREAT or AWESOME TALENT wants to move to Marenello and work for Ferrari F1......this is the vicious cycle Ferrari F1 keeps bumping into time and time again. Rinse and repeat.
    Name some great and awesome talent that has said no to Ferrari other than Newey please?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Name some great and awesome talent that has said no to Ferrari other than Newey please?
    Other than Newey, whom Ferrari tried.........tried..........and tried again to recruit him, no one of great talent wants to move to Marenello to work for Ferrari F1.

Several engineers from Mercedes have moved to RedBull and several engineers from RedBull have moved to AMRF1. I wonder why that is? Hmmmm.

Getting rid of the deadwood, sooner we start the better. We are not breaking up a team of winners here.
    I repeat, this all seems to confirm that the SF23 is a fail. You wouldn't break up a team that has just built a strong title contender.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I repeat, this all seems to confirm that the SF23 is a fail. You wouldn't break up a team that has just built a strong title contender.
    Is the SF-23 a strong title contender?............remains to be seen after just 1 race.

Other than Newey, whom Ferrari tried.........tried..........and tried again to recruit him, no one of great talent wants to move to Marenello to work for Ferrari F1.

Several engineers from Mercedes have moved to RedBull and several engineers from RedBull have moved to AMRF1. I wonder why that is? Hmmmm.
    So you don't know any who have said no to Ferrari? thanks.
    Forza Ferrari

Exactly, who knows, maybe it's was more something like operational blindness. And even Newey would have said yes if not for Domenicalli's stupid behavior. There are always ways to attract great talents. If we show them that we would do everything necessary, it will be possible. We did it in the 90s, the state of Ferrari was way worse.

You welcome. At this rate, Mercedes, Redbull, and AMRF1 will keep on recruiting talent or poaching talent from within their respective teams due to their location.

Ferrari will keep on firing team principals and those within and try to recruit what they can in order to compete with the other teams. That's the vicious cycle Ferrari is in.

I like this

You welcome. At this rate, Mercedes, Redbull, and AMRF1 will keep on recruiting talent or poaching talent from within their respective teams due to their location.

Ferrari will keep on firing team principals and those within and try to recruit what they can in order to compete with the other teams. That's the vicious cycle Ferrari is in.
    With your logic, RB will be short of talent in time. So much for that. Even with all of this, we have the second fastest car.

Exactly, who knows, maybe it's was more something like operational blindness. And even Newey would have said yes if not for Domenicalli's stupid behavior. There are always ways to attract great talents. If we show them that we would do everything necessary, it will be possible. We did it in the 90s, the state of Ferrari was way worse.
    Newey said no Ferrari because:

1) He had to up-root his family from the UK to Italy.
    2) RedBull treats Newey very well aside from the ludicrous offers Ferrari has made to Newey.

With your logic, RB will be short of talent in time. So much for that. Even with all of this, we have the second fastest car.
    Aston copy Red Bull aero have one good race and suddenly they are something special
    Forza Ferrari

2) RedBull treats Newey very well aside from the ludicrous offers Ferrari has made to Newey.
    Ferrari tried to get him twice for the F1 team, 1st time he did not want to move his young family, seems fair enough to me. 2nd time he was pretty close to going to Ferrari but decided to stay loyal to Red Bull.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari tried to get him twice for the F1 team, 1st time he did not want to move his young family, seems fair enough to me. 2nd time he was pretty close to going to Ferrari but decided to stay loyal to Red Bull.
    Newey revealed in his book, “We were close to an agreement on three occasions. First in that era was when I was still working in IndyCar [in the mid-eighties]. When Ferrari decided to build an IndyCar I was asked to join the project as the chief designer but I thought that did not feel right, so I refused.”

Newey revealed in his book, “We were close to an agreement on three occasions. First in that era was when I was still working in IndyCar [in the mid-eighties]. When Ferrari decided to build an IndyCar I was asked to join the project as the chief designer but I thought that did not feel right, so I refused.”
    Hence why I said twice for the F1 team.
    Forza Ferrari

Domenicali had the chance, and pretty much ruined everything. Our choice of weak team principals was our trademark after Todt.

https://t.co/Ig8nYpKQ1s

Sadly, one of the best example is James Allison. He only stayed 2-3 seasons and then moved back to England after the death of his wife. Working for Ferrari, in Italy, is a huge commitment for non Italian engineers and I am sure this is not an advantage for the scuderia. Indeed, there is a F1 " Silicone Valley" in the UK where the best engineers are and Ferrari is completely disconnected to it.

Ferrari must offer a perfect environment to be able to convince engineer to come, the name "Ferrari" is not enough. But when you spend most of your time beheading you technical stuff and almost bullying your employees, this, indeed, drives people away. Ferrari needs stability to convince non Italians to come.

Hence why I said twice for the F1 team.
    And I said 3 times in total.

Domenicali had the chance, and pretty much ruined everything. Our choice of weak team principals was our trademark after Todt.

https://t.co/Ig8nYpKQ1s
    Apparently, still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaronrouge View Post
    Sadly, one of the best example is James Allison. He only stayed 2-3 seasons and then moved back to England after the death of his wife. Working for Ferrari, in Italy, is a huge commitment for non Italian engineers and I am sure this is not an advantage for the scuderia. Indeed, there is a F1 " Silicone Valley" in the UK where the best engineers are and Ferrari is completely disconnected to it.

Ferrari must offer a perfect environment to be able to convince engineer to come, the name "Ferrari" is not enough. But when you spend most of your time beheading you technical stuff and almost bullying your employees, this, indeed, drives people away. Ferrari needs stability to convince non Italians to come.
    James spent 8 years at Ferrari over his 2 times at the team, so it's not really a good example of talent not wanting to come to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

And I said 3 times in total.
    2 times for the F1 team, the indycar project is not worth talking about.
    Forza Ferrari

2 times for the F1 team, the indycar project is not worth talking about.
    You are entitled to your OWN opinion.....

I guess Ferrari going to IndyCar(1985) isn't worth talking about either since it was under Enzo's leadership then?