Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Get well soon michael! I do hope he can recover as fast as possible! if any man can do it its going to be Michael!
    may the FORZA FERRARI BE WITH YOU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    tomorrow morning as i've heard will be next updates
    I am so nervous.... Time is passing really slow....

Well, I'll continue to hope for a positive (however small) news tomorrow. Please let us have some good news for a change

When I look at the situation realisticly, it is hard to stay optimistic......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

My best wishes for our champion. Nothing else..

Just hope all is going ok,and have good news tomorrow morning.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am so nervous.... Time is passing really slow....
    i know, not really the biggest fan of him, but still keeping my eyes over every news possible
    not gonna change my profile picture

No news is good news. Apparently we are going to have to wait a few days to see any type of improvement.
    I am quite optimisctic as he is in good hands and his condition has remained unchanged for more than 24 hours.
    As a father myself, I can only hope that he gets to enjoy many years to come with his family.
    Forza Schumi!!!

Message from Michael's family

Thank you for your support
    Following Michael's sking accident, we would like to thank the people from all around the world who have expressed their sympathy and sent their best wishes for his recovery. They are giving us great support.

Thank You

Nachricht von Michaels Familie

Danke für die Unterstützung
    Wir möchten an dieser Stelle ausdrücklich den Menschen aus der ganzen Welt danken, die uns nach Michaels Skiunfall ihre Sympathie geschenkt und uns ihre besten Genesungswünsche geschickt haben. Das ist für uns eine tolle Unterstützung.

Danke sehr

Mensaje de la familia de Michael:

Gracias por vuestro apoyo con motivo del accidente de esquí de Michael, nos gustaría agradecer a toda la gente de todo el mundo que ha expresado su simpatía y sus mejores deseos para su recuperación. Nos están dando un gran apoyo.

Gracias.

God is with you Michael
    This space is blank.

All the very best wishes Schuey!
    Trying to be less angry..

This is a picture of the area where the accident happened:

Oh no. Did not notice this until just now. Michael, my childhood hero - I am praying for you to pull through!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

simple the best..

Quote Originally Posted by mihael View Post
    I have tears in my eyes...
    Win this one you legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Beautiful times... *sigh*
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Very upsetting going through this again with another ferrari man...

i can see why he takes more risks now than he did when in F1 michael had super contracts, which im sure meant he couldnt do anything that could get him injured. And who knows which heights those demands were? Since he retired it was his hallpass, take some risks and so on.

Really hope it all goes well from now on.

Forza Michael !!!!!!!!!

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Is this where Michael Schumacher suffered ski injury? Treacherous off-piste rocks where F1 ace is believed to have fallen are revealed

• Schumacher fell while skiing off-piste in French Alpine resort of Méribel
    • Eyewitness say he lost consciousness after hitting his head on a rock
    • Medical team says his helmet protected him from 'very violent shock'
    • But he is still 'fighting for his life' after being placed in an artificial coma
    • His surgeons are assessing his recovery on an 'hour-by-hour basis'
    • Schumacher, 44, was skiing off-piste with his 14-year-old son Mick
    • Anaesthetist: 'This is very serious situation. We cannot predict the future'
    • Surgeon who operated on driver after 1999 crash arrives from Paris
    • But Gerard Saillant says he went in capacity as a friend not a doctor
    • Star's family thanks his medical team for doing 'everything possible'
    • Angela Merkel 'extremely shocked along with millions of Germans'

This is the spot where Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is believed to have suffered a horrific fall while skiing off-piste.

The 44-year-old is still 'fighting for his life' and remains in a coma after the accident, which happened in the French resort of Meribel on Sunday.
    Eyewitness say Schumacher hit his head on one of the many rocks in the off-piste area - causing him to briefly lose consciousness.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEOS

Scene: This is the off-piste spot where Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is believed to have fallen

Critical: The seven-time champion (pictured on the slopes in 2006) has undergone emergency surgery after suffering a brain hemorrhage in the skiing accident in the French Alpine resort of Meribel

Risky: Eyewitnesses say the retired racing driver hit his head on one of the many rocks in the off-piste area (right) while skiing with his 14-year-old son Mick (believed to be pictured, above, with his father)

Schumacher and his wife Corrina attend the Asterix At The Olympic Games Paris premiere in Paris in 2008

VIDEO: Schumacher doctors emphasise critical condition

Brain surgeons battled throughout the night to save the retired racing driver's life, said his anaesthetist Jean-Francois Payen, who added: 'We are working hour by hour'.
    He also revealed that Schumacher might not have survived the 'high-speed' fall if he had not been wearing a helmet.

Speaking at a press conference at the Grenoble Hospital, in eastern France, Mr Payen said: 'We judge him to be in a very serious situation. We cannot predict the future for Michael Schumacher.
    'It's too early to say what is going to happen and to have a prognosis. Taking into consideration the very violent shock, his helmet did protect him to a certain extent, of course.

Treatment: Surgeons at Grenoble Hospital (pictured) are assessing Schumacher's recovery on an hourly basis

Protection: Jean-Francois Payen - an anesthetist at the hospital - revealed that the F1 legend might not have survived the 'high-speed' fall if he had not been wearing a helmet

'Working hour by hour': Professor Jean-Francois Payen (pictured, left, with Professors Gerard Saillant and Emmanuel Gay) updates the media on Schumacher's condition at a press conference at the Grenoble Hospital

Overseeing his care: French surgeon Gerard Saillant, who operated on Schumacher when he broke his leg in an F1 crash in 1999, said he went to the hospital as 'friend' not a doctor
    'Somebody who would have this kind of accident without a helmet, certainly, he would not have got to here.'

Professor Stephan Chabardes, the neurosurgeon who operated on the F1 star, told the news conference: 'Mr Schumacher was taken by helicopter very quickly to Grenoble Hospital.

'On his arrival we examined him clinically and we realised he was in a serious condition, in a coma, with in fact cranial pressure.
    'The brain scan showed a number of pieces of information, some intercranial haematoma (internal bleeding) but also some cerebral contusions (bruising of the brain tissue) and oedema (build-up of fluid).

Urgent: Surgeon Stephan Chabardes operated on the F1 legend to relieve bleeding and bruising in the brain

Media frenzy: Schumacher's medical team answers questions from dozens of journalists at Grenoble Hospital

'We cannot predict the future for Michael Schumacher': Medics told the throng of journalists that it was too early to make a prognosis

No time to lose: A diagram explaining the dangers of a subdural hematoma, a potentially fatal brain injury which Michael Schumacher is believed to have suffered after his fall

'We operated urgently to try to eliminate the haematoma. After the operation we saw that we had been able to eliminate these haematoma but also sadly the appearance of various bilateral lesions.

'So therefore he was taken to intensive care to try to help.'
    Prof Payen said the hospital did not intend to carry out a second operation, adding: 'We don't feel it is necessary at the moment.
    Meanwhile, Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm released a statement on behalf of the family, who are holding a vigil at his bedside.
    It said: 'We would like to thank the medical team who we know do everything possible to help Michael.
    'We would like to also thank the people from all around the world who have expressed their sympathy and sent their best wishes for Michael's recovery.

Schumacher fans gather outside hospital

Messages of support from celebs and politicians for Schumacher

The ski resort of Meribel in France where Michael Schumacher was injured in a skiing accident
    'We would like to ask the media to respect the privacy of us and our friends and thank them for their support.'
    Schumacher's injuries have caused shockwaves across the world - particularly in his native Germany.

Fellow German-born sports star Boris Becker called on Twitter for prayers for a 'full and speedy recovery' for the F1 champion.
    German chancellor Angela Merkel said she was 'extremely shocked along with millions of Germans' to learn of the accident.
    Schumacher fell while skiing off-piste with his son in Meribel in the French Alps on Sunday morning and hit the right side of his head on a rock.

Resort managers said was conscious when rescuers first responded to the scene.
    The Meribel resort initially said Schumacher had been taken to Grenoble for tests and authorities said his life was not in danger.
    But the situation began to appear more serious when Professor Gerard Saillant, a brain and spinal injury expert who is also president of the International Automobile Federation (FIA) Institute, had travelled from Paris to the hospital to examine him.

Passionate skier: The chalet (centre) reportedly owned by Schumacher in a private hamlet in Meribel

Schumacher was airlifted to hospital in Grenoble, 80km west of the Meribel resort

Saillant told the news conference he was there as 'a friend' not as a doctor and gave no further details on his condition.

German news agency dpa said it was Saillant who operated on Schumacher when he broke his leg during a crash at the Silverstone race course in 1999.

In an email to The Associated Press, Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm said the champion German driver was on a private skiing trip and 'fell on his head.'
    'We ask for understanding that we cannot give running updates on his condition. He wore a helmet and was not alone,' Kehm said.

Schumacher's 14-year-old son Mick was skiing with his father when the accident happened, the resort said.

Deputy director Jean Marc Grenier talks to media outside the CHU Nord hospital in Grenoble, French Alps

A Ferrari fan waits in front of the emergency department of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire hospital, French Alps, where German seven times Formula one world champion Michael Schumacher is reported to be treated

A helicopter is seen in front of the Grenoble hospital, French Alps, where former seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher is being treated

ESPN F1 reported that Schumacher's wife Corinna and children were at the hospital, along with Jean Todt, his former Ferrari team boss and now president of motorsport's governing body, the FIA.
    Ross Brawn, who worked with Schumacher at Ferrari and Mercedes F1 teams, was reportedly also at the hospital, where a gathering of media and fans was swelling.
    Eyewitnesses said they saw blood oozing from his helmet in the eight minutes between the fall and medics arriving in a helicopter to pick him up.
    The accident happened while Schumacher was skiing off-piste.
    Yesterday a spokesman for the resort said it proved 'you can't do whatever you want', and that skiers should stay on the pistes.

Aerials over ski resort where Michael Schumacher suffers accident

It is believed the 44-year-old has been transported to hospital near the resort in the province of Savoie in France

Schumacher carving a turn while skiing at the Italian resort of Madonna di Campiglio, Italy, in 2000

Michael Schumacher with his wife Corrina skiing in the Dolomites in January 2003

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aves-coma.html

Horrible horrible news, I pray for you and your family, Michael! I've been in a state of shock since I first heard the news yesterday.

I made a cover photo for my FB profile, but feel free to reuse if you like.

msfbcover.jpg

Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi

The vice president of the Horse is glued to the TV: "A fun skiing can not become a drama"
    December 30, 2013 24:56 Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi

Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi Schumi: Piero Ferrari apprehension from Abu Dhabi
    Piero Ferrari is located in Abu Dhabi with Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo . And 'stuck for hours in front of the TV channels on SKY in the hope of receiving good news on the conditions of Michael Schumacher . We reached the vice-president of the Horse by telephone: "I do not know what to say.'m literally heartbroken: I learned that from Sabine Michael's situation is very serious and I can not comprehend how a sample that has threatened for years on the track taking risks, has to pay a heavy price for a moment of fun. too like skiing, because it can give the thrill of speed just like cars, but a pleasure should not become a tragedy. ... Just did not expect. " And Peter greets us to get back in front of the television, waiting for good news ...

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/334...a-da-abu-dhabi

I know everyone on this site is pulling for Schumi. I just don't understand why he is taking such risks! Breaking his neck four years ago racing motorbikes, now this. I hope makes a full recovery and re-evaluates his approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    I know everyone on this site is pulling for Schumi. I just don't understand why he is taking such risks! Breaking his neck four years ago racing motorbikes, now this. I hope makes a full recovery and re-evaluates his approach.
    Not really time to bring that up, but its his life, he enjoys living it and being with his family, who are we to say otherwise.

Any different to Kimi racing on snowmobiles?
    Forza Ferrari

C'mon Michael... You've accomplished too much to go out like this...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Any different to Kimi racing on snowmobiles?

My thoughts are with him and his family. Get well soon Michael!

Kimi is not getting hurt all the time, he must have better control!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Horrible horrible news, I pray for you and your family, Michael! I've been in a state of shock since I first heard the news yesterday.

I made a cover photo for my FB profile, but feel free to reuse if you like.

msfbcover.jpg
    Nice cover photo! These times are so hard for us tifosi. It reminds me of what we have been through before with Felipe. Keep fighting Michael!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Kimi is not getting hurt all the time, he must have better control!
    Oh dear....point scoring takes an all time low, you disgust me.
    Forza Ferrari