Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

"Help us Valtteri Bottas, you're our only hope"

Maybe Vince Mcmahon can buy some shares and get Mercedes to put us over some races

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Ham will do his best to overtake bottas and destroy his tyres. If Seb can keep in touch them anything is possible.
    He would do even better to interact with Bottas in the first corner

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You realise race pace is very different to qualifying pace right?
    I know race pace is different from quali pace. But, there is no way they have .5 difference just in engine mode. .5 is a lot of horsepower.
    But, maybe we will be faster in the race, maybe we will be better in the long run with better with tyers.
    Also, I think in practice, they do not show the full power, I think they will be little faster in the race too. But we will see.
    I can understand .2 or even .3, but .5 is a lot. Also, if they can use that power from time to time in the race.
    They use the same power unit in the race. Also, this quali mode, who says they cannot use it in the race from time to time?
    And, if you have a quali mode, then you can use that as a target as to how much you can improve your engine for the race trim.

Quote Originally Posted by cristovao View Post
    Hi guys!!!

Quite a bit disappointed...And I just heard Pat Symons saying on an interview that all teams hear all the communications, and he said that at some point, He heard Toto saying " that´s ok, we still have half a second in the bag"

Now...They are playing with us!!!!
    Finally someone agrees with me!! Thank you!

Apparently Mercedes was talking over team radio yesterday that they had half a second in the bag.

So much over reaction in here that it is quite laughable. In the race the Merc will have tons of problems with keeping that car on the track and eating their up there tires as they will have numerous lockups. The Ferrari is so much better in long distances and easier on it's tires. Ferrari win and I don't even thing it will be close.

If we keep RB behind at the start, vet will win over ham & bottas.

Quote Originally Posted by FreciaRosso View Post
    Ferrari win and I don't even thing it will be close.
    WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Apparently Mercedes was talking over team radio yesterday that they had half a second in the bag.
    Yeah i heard Pat Symonds on Sky talking about this.

I really hope so. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.
    Also, I am not a fair weather fan. I been a Ferrari fan for a long time. I just want our team to do well.
    Also, thank you guys. I am happy I have a place to share my disappointments, and talk with all of you.
    At least, we all love this team. Forza Ferrari!
    Hey, Mr. Enzo Ferrari, if you can hear us, please give us some divine intervention and help us win this race and the championship! Its 70th year for Ferrari!

Why would Ham and Botas lose their tyres? They will just go on cruise control -0.5 and match us till the end... i cant see race pace even being close

When we won with nearly 10 seconds in Australia and should have won China if not for Safety car Everybody was happy, but just because a circuit that does not necessary fit our Car some people are disappointed, i am not, because I know Ferrari is unto something good. we bought in a front wing that worked well; a first from Ferrari and the floor was not bad also ( it may need some fine tuning)

I said earlier I am expecting Ferrari to will the Championship this year but we will win more races this rear for sure.

Please lets be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Why would Ham and Botas lose their tyres? They will just go on cruise control -0.5 and match us till the end... i cant see race pace even being close
    Yeah, they will push hard at the start and then they will do tire management easy. It's easy to manage your tires when you are half a second quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Just speculation? how do you know.Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow, because in Formula 1 anything is possible.

What a lot of bedwetters! We may fluff our starts and the Mercs may have fliers but I think Bottas might just be vulnerable at the start, HAM ain't on pole and we might rediscover our take-off mojo. In race trim we have every chance of the podium including the top step. Only the second safety car and VET being stuck behind RAI stopped us having a serious crack at the win in China.
    Trying to be less angry..

This is the first rear limited circuit by the way. More like the rest of the calendar.
    Last edited by erinha; 15th April 2017 at 18:13.

Well,

When I said that they were playing with us, I meant that in regards to the qualification!
    When race come, I do believe that we are better at tire management, witch, with Bottas in front of Ham could play in our favor...
    Ham will try desperately to overtake Bottas, and Bottas will try his best to keep him behind forcing the pace witch could ruin their tires.

At least it is my opinion...

Well,

When I said that they were playing with us, I meant that in regards to the qualification!
    When race come, I do believe that we are better at tire management, witch, with Bottas in front of Ham could play in our favor...
    Ham will try desperately to overtake Bottas, and Bottas will try his best to keep him behind forcing the pace witch could ruin their tires.

At least it is my opinion...

We just need to stay close and the opportunity will present itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Only the second safety car and VET being stuck behind RAI stopped us having a serious crack at the win in China.
    Yeah but that was China. This is Bahrain bro. And Mercedes proved to be way more powerful with their new updates.

Why don't we wait till tomorrow and see?

Symonds talking about Mercs 0.5 seconds was referring to qualifying pace. Not race pace. I honestly think Seb can beat both Mercs on outright pace tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Symonds talking about Mercs 0.5 seconds was referring to qualifying pace. Not race pace. I honestly think Seb can beat both Mercs on outright pace tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thou it would be much easier starting from the 1st row... But with good start... Who knows

I thin that the peace Mercedes vs Ferrari in the rece is q2 have Mercedes in q3. And yes Ferrari can win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Why don't we wait till tomorrow and see?
    That is what I also think.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Q2 was amazing, it was gut-wrenching when the Mercs turned up the engine for Q3 but tbh I knew they would :(

As for the race, I hope our guys get a good start, because I see Bottas letting his team leader through and then holding us up, while Lewis runs away!

the amount of crying is ridiculous, i hope no one from the team reads this forum.

Ferrari have always been faster in the race than in qualifying, wait till tomorrow to see what happens before more of the tears please.
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

If Vet gets behind Ham or Bottas he will make em use up their tires

The half second gap in qual is a big disappointment, but hopefully race pace will be more in Ferrari's favor.

Unfortunately another confirmation of topics discussed on this forum over the past week. Kimi once again not good enough, and shocked the team wasted a set of red tires for Kimi in Q1. He had a 1.1 second gap to 15th place.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    When we won with nearly 10 seconds in Australia and should have won China if not for Safety car Everybody was happy, but just because a circuit that does not necessary fit our Car some people are disappointed, i am not, because I know Ferrari is unto something good. we bought in a front wing that worked well; a first from Ferrari and the floor was not bad also ( it may need some fine tuning)

I said earlier I am expecting Ferrari to will the Championship this year but we will win more races this rear for sure.

Please lets be positive.
    I think we should scrap the plans on aero developments and concentrate on the engine, coz .400 of a sec in such a well developed car can only be down to the power. Its makes life so easy when we have power, offers flexibility to work with the car in terms to weight and drag. And that is where the merc's shine, they have so much power that even though they have the longer wheel base, drag and weight that come along with the concept, they are able to push and extract more from their car. I do not want us to play the odds, I just wanna be calm, peaceful and happy come the qualifying and be confident that we'd be on pole. Hoping the day is not so far.. So, Hopefully Fingers crossed until our next pu upgrade..!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    I think we should scrap the plans on aero developments and concentrate on the engine, coz .400 of a sec in such a well developed car can only be down to the power. Its makes life so easy when we have power, offers flexibility to work with the car in terms to weight and drag. And that is where the merc's shine, they have so much power that even though they have the longer wheel base, drag and weight that come along with the concept, they are able to push and extract more from their car. I do not want us to play the odds, I just wanna be calm, peaceful and happy come the qualifying and be confident that we'd be on pole. Hoping the day is not so far.. So, Hopefully Fingers crossed until our next pu upgrade..!
    Or do both? not like the engine department will be designing aero in their lunch break?
    Forza Ferrari