Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, June 04 - 06

2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, June 04 - 06

ΟΚ, I was late.
    Now, let's start.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    ΟΚ, I was late.
    Now, let's start.
    Actually you are not late. You are way early!

All F1 cars have green markers at varous points of their rear wings so the FIA can monitor the flexi-wing issue via rear camera on-boards.

I predict Ferrari will finish the race P7 and P8. Hope they do better than that but Sainz and Leclerc fear they won't.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Another podium on the way this Sunday race! Just keep Binotto quiet until after the race.

For me the most important elements will be the strategy, tyres and of courses pit stops.
    If we manage to be perfect on these "topics", I would be quite satisfied.
    What puzzles me though is the difference an alleged 20hp deficit has on the performance of the car. It's what, 4-5% down from the best.

Hopefully we can make some time up through the middle sections of the track, the long straight is gonna kill us mind.

So far we've been competitive in every race weekends, with Monaco being exceptionally good. I don't see why we can't be competitive here.

Last edited by tifosi1993; 4th June 2021 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Looks like Merc are turning it down in Sec 2.. Ferrari looking good, worried about Lando, he would have blitzed Daniel's time of he didn't bin it.

I interpret Hamilton's times as tyre warm up issues.
    Let's see

Ferrari running with a Monza like RW.

Well we have to, it’s a no brainer.....we’re down 20hp so we have to make it up somehow as we’re gonna be sitting ducks down the main straight...so anything to gain a bit of top speed is a must at this track

Well we have to, it’s a no brainer.....we’re down 20hp so we have to make it up somehow as we’re gonna be sitting ducks down the main straight...so anything to gain a bit of top speed is a must at this track

Charles LeClerc at street tracks. Rapid but an accident waiting to happen.

on race pace /tire degradation, things doesnt look so good !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Another podium on the way this Sunday race! Just keep Binotto quiet until after the race.

Maybe a win even if Merc and Red Bull protest each other. Ferrari not looking too bad overall, top speed maybe a little down, but Alfa showing lots of speed on the straight, so maybe we won't be hit so hard there.

Lec definitely not happy with the balance of the Ferrari. 7-8 laps on Med and he already wants to pit !! That skinny RW is not gonna work in race pace...chewing tires

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Maybe a win even if Merc and Red Bull protest each other. .
    Merc and the FIA have opened up a can-of-worms regarding the flexing wing issue. Everyone's front wings and just recently rear wing flexes.

The FIA has to determine to what degree do the the front wing and rear wing flexes??? 5mm??? 10mm??? 20mm??

Both front wing and rear wing will flex under load(speed).....there's no denying that due to aerodynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    on race pace /tire degradation, things doesnt look so good !!!
    I was looking for some numbers, so, if you have any, I would appreciate it.

interesting to see both Mercs outside the top 10 in FP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    “ItS tHe bEnDy WiNgS”...incoming Merc protest. Can’t have anyone else’s winning races/title other than Hamilton right?

Glad to see them off the pace for a second weekend in a row. Let’s hope it continues beyond Friday into qualifying and the race. It’s about time we have some different winners and racers filling the podium spots. I hope the fia doesn’t bend over for Toto in co. and keeps this season interesting.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Point proven.
    I can't believe how good Carlos is. At this rate he'll end up being the lead Ferrari driver.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Point proven.
    I can't believe how good Carlos is. At this rate he'll end up being the lead Ferrari driver.
    Charles just pushing the car to it's limits. It happens. I don't think Sainz will ever be the lead driver for Ferrari.....not while Leclerc is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    “ItS tHe bEnDy WiNgS”...incoming Merc protest. Can’t have anyone else’s winning races/title other than Hamilton right?

Glad to see them off the pace for a second weekend in a row. Let’s hope it continues beyond Friday into qualifying and the race. It’s about time we have some different winners and racers filling the podium spots. I hope the fia doesn’t bend over for Toto in co. and keeps this season interesting.

You guys honestly think Mercedes is behind???? It's all a ruse.

Watch....come qualifying, boh Mercedes cars will be in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Surely with merc protesting the FIA will probably just rule in a way that favours them and be done with it, after all merc have got F1 all sewn up and the FIA singing their tune.

Nice to see two Ferrari cars up in the front, and two Mercedes down the order. But I am not buying it! It is just a play....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You guys honestly think Mercedes is behind???? It's all a ruse.

Watch....come qualifying, boh Mercedes cars will be in the top 4.
    You honestly don't know the meaning of the word "behind"? If they're not one and two then they're behind mate. Have you been away for 7 years?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    You honestly don't know the meaning of the word "behind"? If they're not one and two then they're behind mate. Have you been away for 7 years?
    It's practice mate. Nothing to take away from anything during practce sessions.....let alone where Mercedes stands in the pecking order. I thouht you would have figured that out by now after 8 years of dominance.

Wait till qualifying...you'll see. Don't be surprised if Mercedes are in the top 4 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Nice to see two Ferrari cars up in the front, and two Mercedes down the order. But I am not buying it! It is just a play....
    Fair enough stefa, but it's a better showing than expected even if it goes the other way tomorrow in quali. Charles pushing the boundaries again and wiping out the front wing isn't ideal but wouldn't it be good to believe the pace is real against Merc and Mclaren? Tyre wear may be a problem but safety cars aren't unknown in Baku. Hard to keep the faith but we'll always pray that FP sessions actually do represent what is possible.