Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

Ferrari cleared of any illegal issue regarding battery power late saturday nite by the fia they have been exonerated from the issue vetal back on course .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari cleared of any illegal issue regarding battery power late saturday nite by the fia they have been exonerated from the issue vetal back on course .
    not really, apparently (reading this article), Ferrari had to use new software regarding the MGU-K....so from the looks of it we may NOT have that extra 20Hp or more as we had before....some may call it cheating, but i call it CLEVER what Ferrari did....so we may be on teh backfoot going to future races.....hope not

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ls_complaints/
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

who's starting on the hypers and also on the ultras?

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    who's starting on the hypers and also on the ultras?
    I think all will start on hypers...especially the RB, Ferrari and Mercedes. This is where it gets tricky. For instance, Max(last) can come in after lap 1 (no SC) and change to ultra's for the remaining of the race to undercut the backmarkers....provided he runs a clean race....Marko has had it with him(Max went to go talk to Mark and Marko arm and hand gestured towards Max like "Please leave!!!"...Max just did an about face and left).

Max, IMO, HAS TO KEEP HIS NOSE CLEAN the remaining of the season. RedBull Mngmnt have definitely backed up the wrong driver for 2018 and they are paying for it. Danny Rich has proven the more mature, fast, and consistent driver. Let's hope, given all that he has been thru with RB mngmnt, that his engine does'nt blow or suffers an engine failure. He really wants to win this race....it's owed to him...on merit.

I love the kid(Max) but RB Mngmnt is to blame for his mishaps. They need to "clamp" him down or he's get demoted to STR....I would be fine with that. I think Marko has made that clear going today and going forward.

Vettel's position could either hold or Ferrari strat's shadow a RB strat or MB strat. If a SC comes early in the race, like the opening lap, more than likely everyone comes in and changes to the ultra's and takes it the remaining of the race.

Safety car is immenent in this race....maybe more than once. It's dicey since there is hardly no passing.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    not really, apparently (reading this article), Ferrari had to use new software regarding the MGU-K....so from the looks of it we may NOT have that extra 20Hp or more as we had before....some may call it cheating, but i call it CLEVER what Ferrari did....so we may be on teh backfoot going to future races.....hope not

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ls_complaints/

[AMuS] FIA gives Ferrari green light with their new energy management. There is no way that Ferrari can get more power from the battery. This "rumor" is from the table now.

FIA: "We are satisfied in what Ferrari has presented to us."

There won‘t be any protests too

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep

[AMuS] FIA gives Ferrari green light with their new energy management. There is no way that Ferrari can get more power from the battery. This "rumor" is from the table now.

FIA: "We are satisfied in what Ferrari has presented to us."

There won‘t be any protests too
    so what are htey talking about in that article that ferrari had to run different mgu-k software starting at Monaco
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so what are htey talking about in that article that ferrari had to run different mgu-k software starting at Monaco
    It's just a follow-up article F60. Both Mercedes and RB (I believe) complained after Spain, maybe before Spain, about Ferrari harvesting or bypassing the FIA regulating ECU that manages the MGU-H (turbo) and NOT the MGU-K (braking)....which both combined, produce 120KW....60KW MGU-H & 60KW MGU-K. The focus, which was I was led to believe, was in the MGU-H battery.

Anyways, it's behind us now. We are free and clear.

One more thing, I believe Ferrari should PROTEST and have everyone run this NEW FIA module.......EVERYONE.

It's just a follow-up article F60. Both Mercedes and RB (I believe) complained after Spain, maybe before Spain, about Ferrari harvesting or bypassing the FIA regulating ECU that manages the MGU-H (turbo) and NOT the MGU-K (braking)....which both combined, produce 120KW....60KW MGU-H & 60KW MGU-K. The focus, which was I was led to believe, was in the MGU-H battery.

One more thing, I believe Ferrari should PROTEST and have everyone run this NEW FIA module.......EVERYONE.
    or at least the threatening teams, like Merc and red fools.....as for the rest of teams, well they're too slow anyways

For me the thing important is, Merc cowards.
    JA left the team on uncertain circumstances, where his wife passed away & was unable to work on the next project at that time. Ferrari relieved him on that grounds, but still this guy went to mercs & passed our information which & complained to FIA of oil burning issue when was really giving hard to mercs.
    Now this year, there are another/couple more allegations this time by mercs on Ferrari to FIA. Again it’s former Ferrari employee sassi who got relieved & went to mercs. This is happening when Ferrari starting to dominate the mercs.

Mercs using ex-Ferrari employees, using FIA, using Pirelli to get the championship done. Wt a team they are...!! I think this team is unfit for f1.

We can all win championships when you have the fia in your corner big mouth x italian ferrari employees dobbing italians and an anti ferrari italian tyre supplier so much for being patriotic who needs enemys when ferrari has friends like this.

so i wonder what strategy Ferrari have chosen with Seb, undercut or overcut?
    also could they split strategies? (one for Seb, other for Kimi)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so i wonder what strategy Ferrari have chosen with Seb, undercut or overcut?
    also could they split strategies? (one for Seb, other for Kimi)
    My guess is RIC will try and build a gap see if it's possible, my guess is he can, so he can stay out of undercut window.. If not, he will simply slow down the pack.This gives him longer stint length, to cover a possible safety car, also for the others an undercut will be harder because it will take longer before they have a window to stop and avoid traffic. Remember, most drivers outside top 10 will start on US, so there first stint will be longer. Even on new tyres I think you won't be able to pass (easy), so if you pit into traffic you will loose a lot of time..

I think it will be wait and see what happens in the race and how the pace is compared to midfield
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Race director Whiting also revealed that it was the former Ferrari man James Allison, now Mercedes' technical director, who approached the FIA before last month's race in Baku: "He [Allison] is a very, very bright guy and he didn't really know what Ferrari were doing."
    rat, ferrari need better contracts to avoid these rats that go running to mercs
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Did p3 got a jump over p2 in f2???
    I believe so mate,i dont know f2 drivers names or teams but it was the dark blue car in p3 that jumped easily into p2 because he followed into the inside line while p1 cut the gap for the second guy to squeeze behind or to the side. lol 90% sure but maybe they will release the video on youtube
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Race director Whiting also revealed that it was the former Ferrari man James Allison, now Mercedes' technical director, who approached the FIA before last month's race in Baku: "He [Allison] is a very, very bright guy and he didn't really know what Ferrari were doing."

A ex Ferrari snake, this is really silly and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Not sure , maybe the tub Is damaged with the front suspension ( remember alonso in 2010 ! )
    Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    and you are asking why :))) A zebra does not change his spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

Im sure he is bitter that the team is doing well without his sorry ass.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

Seb just needs to start like this, simple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaPQRzXkHvk

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Seb just needs to start like this, simple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaPQRzXkHvk
    OMG lol thats a legendary beast start, with these new fat minibus cars with so much downforce i wonder if its ever possible to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Im sure he is bitter that the team is doing well without his sorry ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

Agreed 150% read Sassi was involved too along with JA

JA has been gone for so long, that this would have been exposed a lot earlier had the leak came from him. So it's possibly Sassi, or even GPS data collected by other teams being able to graph where and how much the energy is deployed.

Ferrari have sacrificed speed in these kind of circuits, the speed they had last year, going with a longer wheelbase this year. I agree with this decision, because we couldnt win a championship being the faster car at 5 circuits and be beaten at the rest. Now we can go head to head with Mercedes at any track....

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Ferrari have sacrificed speed in these kind of circuits, the speed they had last year, going with a longer wheelbase this year. I agree with this decision, because we couldnt win a championship being the faster car at 5 circuits and be beaten at the rest. Now we can go head to head with Mercedes at any track....
    I think it's partly correct, but we can also not deny that RBR made a huge step compared to last year
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I think it's partly correct, but we can also not deny that RBR made a huge step compared to last year
    They are specifically to these kind of circuits only (Monaco, Singapore, etc) not on majority which are power tracks.

They are specifically to these kind of circuits only (Monaco, Singapore, etc) not on majority which are power tracks.
    Agree, but you can't deny that they are not closer than last year.. Last year they were nowhere near us (apart from a few occations), this year is different, it just hasn't always seem like that because they had issues etc

My guess is RIC will try and build a gap see if it's possible, my guess is he can, so he can stay out of undercut window.. If not, he will simply slow down the pack.This gives him longer stint length, to cover a possible safety car, also for the others an undercut will be harder because it will take longer before they have a window to stop and avoid traffic. Remember, most drivers outside top 10 will start on US, so there first stint will be longer. Even on new tyres I think you won't be able to pass (easy), so if you pit into traffic you will loose a lot of time..

I think it will be wait and see what happens in the race and how the pace is compared to midfield
    Pit stop is 24s, so to build that gap with HS tyres over kimi atleast is a tough ask. which means he should lap 1sec faster than 3rd place car for 24-25 continuous laps.
    I think if vettel manages to keep ric check in, ham-bottas-kimi could play spoilers for ric win.

Also one important thing, US doesn’t work straight away. It takes 2-3L to get into working range.

Strategy wise, what I think will be interesting is (apart from SC etc) how good will US stay and how will they compare to the SS in race conditions.. If the front runners on HS pit for SS (or US) how long can the drivers on US stay out and to reasonable lap times compared to the SS (or new US) drivers who have pitted.. This could create some nice opportunities

Pit stop is 24s, so to build that gap with HS tyres over kimi atleast is a tough ask. which means he should lap 1sec faster than 3rd place car for 24-25 continuous laps.
    I think if vettel manages to keep ric check in, ham-bottas-kimi could play spoilers for ric win.

Also one important thing, US doesn’t work straight away. It takes 2-3L to get into working range.
    I didn't say he shoudl build a gap of 24s did I?
    If RIC builds a gap of 5s to P2, than he will have 7s to ¨P3 etc.. That's too much for an undercut to work.. Why would he push to try and build 24s?

Agree, but you can't deny that they are not closer than last year.. Last year they were nowhere near us (apart from a few occations), this year is different, it just hasn't always seem like that because they had issues etc
    Because engine maps are equal, no one has that engine advtange in quali & in race mode too.
    There is extra weight added to the car halo. So there are certain variables that played in their favour too.

Of course we can’t deny they produce the best chassis & in-season development. At the same time we too are not far back as we saw last year.

I didn't say he shoudl build a gap of 24s did I?
    If RIC builds a gap of 5s to P2, than he will have 7s to ¨P3 etc.. That's too much for an undercut to work.. Why would he push to try and build 24s?
    Ok got it.
    But for undercut to work I think 5S is not enough. US tyre take 2-3L to their working range. If vettel manages to pump up fastest laps then touch n go

One thing you can consider to take into account are the backmarkers. The teams that will be 1 lap down can easily cost a driver infront at least 1-2 second if they appear in that tight S2.